Bouclair
Happiness score is 50 out of 100

Bouclair Employee Reviews

A lot to learn in a short period of time

The team Is overall great, few hiccups here and there but that’s ok. Can be relatively stressful at times. Note that shifts are not flexible. Depending on your post, there may be more or less things to do, so it can get relatively repetitive and long. Must be comfortable with an updated computer system, codes, emails, and must be a fast learner.

Pros

30 minute lunch break + 15 minutes break

Cons

Long days

Clear favoritism

Being the only NON minority in the store made it difficult to excel within the store I worked at. Constantly being blamed for things you KNOW someone else had done but because you're not a part if that culture it MUST be your fault.

Pros

Amazing lamps

Cons

Lack of general respect from Management

Horrible

I worked there for 6 months, I was a store coordinator and never felt useful. I was only ever given small tasks such as watching door or doing cash. Every one else on the management team had a certain area that was “theirs” even though the management wanted everyone to be an expert in each area. I was moving to another city and asked to be transferred at the store closer to me. At the time of asking they had an opening for my current position, when I asked the DSM I was told we would talk about it. This is the same answer I got for 3 months anytime I asked. Christmas Eve(day we closed because of the lockdown) I told them to call me when things open back up. The DSM told me to call in the new year to talk about a transfer, I called but never got a call back. I ended up messaging the manager to ask when I’m expected back, which resulted in a video call from the DSM at which point I was informed that I’m not fully trained so they don’t feel I’m ready for a bigger store, so I would not be able to transfer. I should have been told that when I asked the first time for a transfer so I could have finished my training. Feels like the new management is pushing out old staff to start new, and they all seem to know the DSM. Also they have an unsafe truck door, you have to press the button to open and wiggle the wire till it opens.

Cons

Lifting boxes over 100 lbs, schedule changes without being asked first

Not Great but I’ve worked at Worse

Management was great with my schedule when I was in school. However, not many hours and head office expected a lot of work to be done with minimal staff.

Pros

Friendly staff

Cons

Not enough hours

Loved my team and clientele as well

Really enjoyed working with Bouclair, it was a very sad day when I found out the location was closing. The management team was great and being a key holder there was great experience, as it pushed responsibility and independence. Great paced work. Did not love some of the company policies, but ultimately really good work. Wish the company would invest in more eco-friendly product.

Fun atmosphere and a driven management team

I love working at Bouclair! I would highly recommend! Such a positive work environment where employees are motivate eachother to accomplish new goals! The team is phenomenal and reflects Bouclair as a company.

Pros

Employee discount

Worst job I’ve ever experienced.

Do not even bother applying. Unless you enjoy a hawk watching every step you take and yelling at you in front of customers for doing something wrong (when you were told to do it that way by management).Management will completely ignore you and has no sympathy for any employee - only the one favourite which is the key holder/supervisor.I dreaded going into every shift I worked here. It’s not worth the stress.

Pros

Cons

Wage, work life balance, environment.

great place to work. Would suggest

I worked in the Ottawa area for about 2 years. My store manager and district manager were both AMAZING!! They give you the tools and support to grow and learn. I got the opportunity to work with other managers both in their stores and my home store and everyone had the same great attitude and work ethic. Would definitely suggest working here!

Pros

great management. great working environment. work life balance

Bouclair

Je veut travailler avec vous et de Hélène de courval et de saint Jean sur richelieu

Pros

Repas gratuit diner

Cons

Pause ⏸

Worst job ever

This was worst company I ever worked for. My manager was always stress out with no assistance and guidance from the distric manager. We never saw her until are store was closing. The head office people are disconnected from the store staff and give too much work for not enough money. I like my team though.

Pros

Nice team mates

Cons

Always worried about not having a job tomorrow. Then it did happened that it closed.

Jobs at Bouclair

See more jobs

Where you can make your ideas happen!

Bouclair is the perfect place for someone that wants to show their talent, learn, gain experience and see your ideas come to reality! The hierarchy is flat so you work in an environment where anyone can contribute and be recognized for their talent. You collaborate with different departments so it's very dynamic the way we work.

Pros

In-house gym, summer early fridays hours, amazing job ambiance

Cons

You need to be able to adapt to change when needed.

Don't stress yourself out

This company does not know how to handle the changing world. They come out with rules for the "new normal" but as soon as a storm comes through the upper management with always blame the lower management. There is always an excuse and never a straight answer. Calls go unanswered. You can exceed in sales and service but they will always demand more and more.

Pros

Excellent team

Cons

High expectations. Low pay. No appreciation for achievements

Stressful environment

Bouclair has become a stressful environment to work in due to the changing nature of the product and customer base. Some changes were not implemented as well as they could have been. The company tried to grow too quickly and so the stress levels were high.

instable, en développement

la vision du dirigeant n'était pas clair ni véhiculer aux employés. les différents départements ont une difficulté à travailler de concert.

unfortunate how workers were treated when laid off due to store closure. was fun to work in a relaxing environment. workplace enviroment was fun, but could get boring

Not worth it

No rewards with this company. Expect too much in very low hours . Head office did not look at it from the stores view and very stressful and frustrating to work

Canada’s Worst Employer

Despite lack of inventory (no $ to buy any), dated systems, overpriced product, dated/dirty stores, the Exec team believes that all of their issues stem from the store staff. Zero accountability at the top.

Pros

Tax Evasion Charges and Bankruptcy! Quite the place!

Cons

Grossly mismanaged. Bully mentality, high turnover, no accountability or structure at the top.

Mauvaise expérience

Très gros problèmes de gestion et aucune reconnaissance des patrons qui ne te regarde et ne te parle lors de leurs visites.

Pros

Très bel environnement

Cons

Pression des ventes sans aucune commissions et salaires minimum

Environnement

Assez plaisant pour des étudiants(e), les horaires sont flexibles, ambiance chaleur et tranquille. Facile d'approche avec les clients ou la direction.

Problème plus haut

Mon équipe personnelle de travail était très bien, ce qui n'allait pas bien et qui a affecté l'entreprise se sont les plus hauts gradés. Les salaires peuvent être bien, mais pas lorsque vous passez une partie de votre vie là bas.

I enjoyed working for Bouclair.

I worked there for over 10 years, before my store closed down, otherwise I would have happily continued to work there. Our staff were supportive of each other and we had many wonderful repeat customers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bouclair. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7Job security/advancement