Bouclair

Bouclair Employee Reviews

Canada165 reviews
unfortunate how workers were treated when laid off due to store closure. was fun to work in a relaxing environment. workplace enviroment was fun, but could get boring
Bouclair is the perfect place for someone that wants to show their talent, learn, gain experience and see your ideas come to reality!
The hierarchy is flat so you work in an environment where anyone can contribute and be recognized for their talent.

You collaborate with different departments so it's very dynamic the way we work.
Pros
In-house gym, summer early fridays hours, amazing job ambiance
Cons
You need to be able to adapt to change when needed.
This company does not know how to handle the changing world. They come out with rules for the "new normal" but as soon as a storm comes through the upper management with always blame the lower management. There is always an excuse and never a straight answer. Calls go unanswered. You can exceed in sales and service but they will always demand more and more.
Pros
Excellent team
Cons
High expectations. Low pay. No appreciation for achievements
Bouclair has become a stressful environment to work in due to the changing nature of the product and customer base. Some changes were not implemented as well as they could have been. The company tried to grow too quickly and so the stress levels were high.
la vision du dirigeant n'était pas clair ni véhiculer aux employés. les différents départements ont une difficulté à travailler de concert.
No rewards with this company. Expect too much in very low hours . Head office did not look at it from the stores view and very stressful and frustrating to work
Despite lack of inventory (no $ to buy any), dated systems, overpriced product, dated/dirty stores, the Exec team believes that all of their issues stem from the store staff. Zero accountability at the top.
Pros
Tax Evasion Charges and Bankruptcy! Quite the place!
Cons
Grossly mismanaged. Bully mentality, high turnover, no accountability or structure at the top.
Très gros problèmes de gestion et aucune reconnaissance des patrons qui ne te regarde et ne te parle lors de leurs visites.
Pros
Très bel environnement
Cons
Pression des ventes sans aucune commissions et salaires minimum
Assez plaisant pour des étudiants(e), les horaires sont flexibles, ambiance chaleur et tranquille. Facile d'approche avec les clients ou la direction.
Mon équipe personnelle de travail était très bien, ce qui n'allait pas bien et qui a affecté l'entreprise se sont les plus hauts gradés. Les salaires peuvent être bien, mais pas lorsque vous passez une partie de votre vie là bas.
I worked there for over 10 years, before my store closed down, otherwise I would have happily continued to work there. Our staff were supportive of each other and we had many wonderful repeat customers.
A nice atmosphere to work in with amazing colleagues. Not too busy which is why it closed in Halifax / Dartmouth, unfortunately. Manager and district manager were wonderful. Unsure about the changes in the company going forward but I had a great experience for 3 years.
Helping customers choose and bring home pieces that will enhance their homes is fun. Often they will bring in pics to show how they were able to complete their vision with your assistance which is very rewarding. The staff gets along well and in a pleasure to work with.
Pros
A fun and rewarding job
Cons
Si on tombe sur une bonne équipe en magasin, l'ambiance est agréable et joyeuse, mais la gestion du bureau chef aura un impact négatif sur le magasin dans lequel on est situé. Coupure budgétaire, mauvaise communication, problème de commande,etc. En magasin en plus de devoir gérer les clients, on doit aussi gérer les gaffes du service à la clientèle qui ne répond jamais lorsqu'on les appel.
Pros
Travaille d'équipe en magasin excellent
Cons
Mauvaise gestion d'en haut
En revenant de vacances le nouveau superviseur a décidé d abolir les 2 postes de notre département, il faisait du ménage quoi même les ressources humaines n étaient pas en accord de ce genre de façon de faire. Donc 2 postes abolis et une nouvelle personne engagée évidemment plus jeune et depuis 3 ans ce poste est toujours libre a chaque 6 mois... Personne ne fait l affaire ???
Pros
Stationnement gratuit
Cons
Façon d agir pas professionnelle
The time I worked there, which was for less than a year, they change the manager and assistant manager about 3 times. No stability what so ever. The last manager and assistant managers were so unprofessional and treated me like I was less than, probably due to jealousy. The manager would put pressure on us to sale a certain amount per day.... though you don't get rewarded or get any commission. My assistant manager would do it on purpose to give me as little hours possible and would bad mouth me behind my back to other employees (that were friends with me). Point is, this company is not good for growth and you are very underpaid for the work you do.
Company doesn't care about it's employees big or small! Anyone who has been with the company for a long time (5+ years) has been fired. No matter the position even in head office and operations. Owner is in experienced and going bankrupt. Conclusion stores are closing. Thanks Peter!!
Pros
Staff at store are fun and helpful
Cons
Warehouse issues, no support from head office
Beaucoup de liberté donnée aux membres de gestion parfois.
I loved working here!! Great staff and customers! So glad I met all of the wonderful people and got to work with them! It was a good company to be employed by.
environnement stable , joyeux , travail rapide à l`écran
Constant physical work with little staff scheduled.
Heavy lifting to high elevations that pose health and safety concerns. Over worked management, underpaid staff and management.

No staff and management appreciation.
Cons
To much work for little money, little amount of staff scheduled to help, Constant change in policies, procedures and so many other things!