Boston Pizza Employee Reviews

Great
Server / Bartender (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 March 2018
This was my first job ever and it was awesome! I stayed here for almost 5 years until I got a job in a different industry altogether. Mangement was friendly and very accommodating.
Unpleasant dirty work place
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON14 March 2018
My time working at Boston pizza was short, due to it only being my co-op placement, however my time there was not enjoyable it was unprofessional and was not really sanitary.
Fast Paced, High Energy
Pastry Chef (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB14 March 2018
It was a good place to work for young students, most servers would often pass off their duties to you which would sometimes become very overwhelming but ended up becoming comfortable working very busy dinner rushes and big parties.
Boston Pizza
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Leduc, AB13 March 2018
Got to work and clocked in and then did your daily dask's with the other hostess like clean tables seat people etc. You had to make sure to have a positive attitude because the customers see and speak to the hostess of the restaurant and first impressions go a long way.
Fast paced, good experience
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON12 March 2018
Pros
Discounts, tip out.
Cons
Not knowing your shift length
Server (Former Employee) –  Stettler Ab12 March 2018
From working in a small town, not a big city for a Boston Pizza it was a different place to work.
Learned your regular customers, what they loved, what they were to expect. Its great.
Hardest part of the job, is picking up other servers slack, and pulling double shifts from the unreliable servers who don't show for shifts, but that is expected in a restaurant business.
Most enjoyable part of the job is the customers, would always get the super friendly ones to come in who are amazing to serve.
Pros
discounted food.
Cons
Shift work.
Stressful and Frustrating environment
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Edson Alberta12 March 2018
I find that some of my managers have favorites and overall its a stressful and uneasy environment. I also find that my employees are not that respectful of me.
Pros
Discount, tips
Cons
Not much work/life
unfair owners
Bartender/Waiter (Former Employee) –  LaSalle, ON12 March 2018
rgis place sucks and will fire you for no reason. i got fired for suspicion of committing fraud because i knew the previous general manager. there are no breaks in this restaurant so you eat when you can but youre not allowed to sit down
busy
Manager (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB11 March 2018
the location i work is busy all winter not as much in the summer to it has its ups and downs. need a flexible schedule for some locations. everyone is here to help every one though/
Pizza
Kitchen Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sahali11 March 2018
It was good experience to work in a busy environment. I learned a lot from this position. Late shifts, or short morning shifts. Some room for growth.
bad Management
Host (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON10 March 2018
horrible management , didn't give us lunch breaks or proper training. Made people work on birthday's and holidays when planned not too. the worse experience ever
Cons
long hours, no breaks
very dynamique environnment
Serveuse/Barmaid (Former Employee) –  Sainte-Thérèse, QC8 March 2018
I loved my experiance workin at Boston Pizza. It was always a pleasure time working in such a dynamique place. Loved the team the managemnet and the atmosphere,
Pros
Busy
Entry level job
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BC8 March 2018
You tell me, what you expect being a young 16 year old and trying to finish highschool. honestly I don't remember much but I was dish washing there and they where not all that demanding except for portioning for the line cooks and cleaning up around if it's slow.
Great co-workers, and awesome management.
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 March 2018
Great place to learn the basics of working in a kitchen. Co-workers we're always friendly and quick to make jokes. The work takes a little bit of time to get into a routine but once you learn how to complete your tasks the work day is a blast. The rushes will keep you on your toes, but when you've learned how to do the job properly you can easily manage.
Pros
Learn the best way to order food here.
Cons
Can get very warm and quite chaotic.
Good for a first job!
Hostes/Take Out (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 March 2018
Boston Pizza help me set good habits for working in the restaurant industry. Managers were very helpful in training and supporting staff when needed. Everyone always had a wonderful time coming into work.
good beginner job
DELIVERY DRIVER/LINE COOK (Former Employee) –  Chestermere, AB7 March 2018
good manager, and alright general managers. the staff are friendly and the atmosphere is good. only downside, is it's hard to get promoted unless you know someone well.
Political and one-sided views
Dining Room Server (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 March 2018
The particular Boston Pizza that I worked at had some underlying management issues that I was unaware of when I began my position there. My co-workers were for the most part lovely people, it was mainly the management that I was uncomfortable with and how they resolved issues within the workplace was also unprofessional.
Fun workplace
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Kenora, ON6 March 2018
i learned that customer service has always been a forte of mine. There was no hard part of the job, i enjoyed working as a team member. The most enjoyable was getting to meet new people and providing excellent service for customers.
Family affair
Employee (Former Employee) –  Parksville, BC6 March 2018
This is a family run business watch out. They children of the owner get away wit way to much and if you speak up against them they will fire you I have seen it happen way to many times. Not to mention it is a toxic work environment
Pros
50% off and over all great people work there
Cons
Too much family working that all think they run the place
Great company
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 March 2018
While working here i did learn a lot and gained a lot of experience in the culinary field. id say this company is a good place to start. team is excellent always willing to help when help was needed. which is a large bonus in such a fast pace environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boston Pizza. Our community is ready to answer.