Boston Pizza Employee Reviews

Terrible All Around
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC31 March 2018
I experienced a horrible time there, the staff was rude, and the manager of the kitchen was not very understanding at all. I didnt like the location, and I didnt like the restr itself, it was cramped and uncomfortable
Cons
Good place to work to get experience
Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  North York, ON31 March 2018
in sales or at the kitchen is always hard work. But I never hear myself to complain about it. My job as dishwasher is ok I won't give 5 stars because I prefer to be honest about ratings.
Pros
Good management.
Cons
Gets busy with parties. :)
Customers are great, fast pace job.
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC29 March 2018
As a server the tips are great, it's fast pace most of the time and therefore time goes by nice and fast, in the summer its nice to work on the patio.
Pros
tips
Cons
late nights
Productive and steady workplace
COOK/ KITCHEN MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Fort Frances, ON28 March 2018
A typical day at Boston Pizza was very steady and busy at times. I learned how to run all the stations in a short time to be a closing manager. Management was considerate and helpful. The hardest part of the job was when employees wouldn't show up for their shift and couldn't find someone to cover them. The staff was the most enjoyable part of the job, the employees all got a long and made the days go by faster.
Pros
good work environment
Cons
having to work on days off
Good Environment!
Expo and Host (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ON27 March 2018
I enjoyed the floor staff, there was some miscommunication because I was hired as a host but got put on as an expo which is almost a management-style position between the kitchen and waiters. Regardless I learned it and enjoyed my time there, I liked my coworkers and most of my superiors!
Fun place towork
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Lindsay, ON26 March 2018
I learned kitchen role in Canadian way and they are friendly staff and it was nice working in this amazing place.
The only reason I stopped working because I moved
good boss, nothing too bad about the place.
Waiter/cook (Former Employee) –  Squamish, BC26 March 2018
good boss, very flexible and threw us one heck of a staff party. Nice staff and atmosphere for the most part. wages were a little bit low perhaps.....
Pros
some free food sometimes
fun workplace
kitchen supervisor (Former Employee) –  London, ON26 March 2018
grateful to have worked for Boston pizza and to expand my experience. i have made many new friends and was pleased by the friendly staff. the only negative was the way each manager worked differently and having some who cared about the job and others who just had the "if it doesn't effect me i dont care" attitude.
Pros
outgoing staff
Cons
un organized managers
productive and fun work place
Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Concord, ON24 March 2018
it was a very good place to work at if you love to cook and learn new recipes this is the place to be. everyday i learned something new and i was able to transfer the cooking skills to my daily lives
Pros
free lunches
Cons
far workplace
Horrible Employer
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON24 March 2018
Daily tasks would involve prepping food for the evening rush. Handling the lunch rush was a very easy task to handle. The management were not very professional at all, there was a lot of favourtism. Those who worked extremely hard were not rewarded appropriately.
Cons
Management favourtism

Want to know more about Boston Pizza?

Ask a question
Great environment and people.
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON23 March 2018
Great place for a first job! I met many people who have taught me so many great things. I very much enjoyed the environment and my coworkers presence.
fun at first, then managers pick on you when they want you to quit
Server (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON21 March 2018
i was hired with stellar recommendations and told that they were really happy to have me.
once i started working there i noticed a few things that seemed really odd, but everywhere has their pros and cons...
a lot of the employees who have been working there for a while seem to think micro managing is good for their turnover rate.
creepy bartender/ex-manager who hits on everyone
i ended up quitting after 5.5 months of working there because i was beginning to dread working there. they would only give good shifts to their "favourites" and i was often told they "had no shifts to give me" even though i was hired as full time staff.
overall, the money is mediocre, the owner is in house all the time, and they managers suck.
Pros
half off all staff meals, even take home
Cons
mean managers at the dixon location
Busy, well rounded family restaurant.
Server (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC21 March 2018
Boston Pizza is a great family restaurant, good for large groups and a fun environment to be in.I have nothing bad to say about this restaurant. Tasty food, fast service, an all around good time.
Pros
Busy, up beat atmosphere.
Cons
Delayed delivery times.
meh
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Wetaskiwin, AB19 March 2018
Management was a mess. My managers were only a year older than me and was not mature at all. Rude managers, always getting put down. Staff was friendly.
Fun Workplace
Kitchen Helper/ Pizza Maker (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON17 March 2018
It was a fun and enjoyable work experience. I was able to develop skills that will help me in future jobs. Even though it was stressful, me and my team were able to get through a stressful day.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Long hour
Awesome Company
Manager (Former Employee) –  Port Alberni, BC16 March 2018
This company is really great to work for. They offer a lot of advancement and opportunities. This position taught me a plethora of knowledge, experience and training.
productive
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Spruce Grove, AB15 March 2018
it would had been nice to get enough hours to at least make a living off for that only working 8-10 hours a week is not enough hours to be living off of. but other wise i loved the managers kim was my favourite
Pros
free food
Cons
not enough hours
Great
Server / Bartender (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 March 2018
This was my first job ever and it was awesome! I stayed here for almost 5 years until I got a job in a different industry altogether. Mangement was friendly and very accommodating.
Unpleasant dirty work place
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON14 March 2018
My time working at Boston pizza was short, due to it only being my co-op placement, however my time there was not enjoyable it was unprofessional and was not really sanitary.
Fast Paced, High Energy
Pastry Chef (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB14 March 2018
It was a good place to work for young students, most servers would often pass off their duties to you which would sometimes become very overwhelming but ended up becoming comfortable working very busy dinner rushes and big parties.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boston Pizza. Our community is ready to answer.