Boston Pizza Employee Reviews for Server

Found 272 reviews matching the search See all 1,689 reviews
Great learning experience
Server (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON14 February 2019
Boston Pizza took me in as a first time server and taught me the ropes. Today I am able to bartend, while serving tables in the restaurant as well as the lounge.
Managment could be better
Server (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 February 2019
I work at the North Hill location right now and the management is so disorganized they totally forgot to schedule half the staff and now we're on here looking for second jobs. Needs new management.
Great postive place to work
Server/Waitress (Current Employee) –  Owen Sound, ON8 February 2019
This is a super fun place to work. Everyone is super fun and great to work with. Very flexible hours for students. being cross trained is normal. Worst part is trying to learn the menu since it is HUGE.
unorganized.
Server (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB31 January 2019
I found scheduling very difficult as no one was ever happy with the amount of shifts given. It was always a great energy with coworkers. Management never seemed to be in agreement, they were always contradicting each other and could not handle work place problems properly or professionally.
Bp
Server (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON25 January 2019
I have been working for Boston pizza for a number of years. I have had my good and bad moments like anyone has had in their jobs. It has defiantly been a good experience for the most part. I have enjoyed getting to know the regulars and the people that I have seen come and go working there.
Great place and Great food!
Pros
Guests and Coworkers
Cons
Exhausting
server
Lounge Server (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 January 2019
The Ellerslie location was one of my favorite jobs. Management there treated you as a family member and always seemed knowledgeable. I loved going to work everyday as there were lots of regulars and the employees made the atmosphere fun.
productive workplace with amazing stafff
Server/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Drumheller, AB13 January 2019
staff was very welcoming and supportive, very fast paced work environment, consistent work hours, enjoyable work environment, learned how to make all house drinks and standard cocktails, set and bussed tables, sat customers, ran food and drinks to tables, changed kegs, restocked products when needed, hardest part of the job was handling big parties and serving 8+ tables at one time, and the most enjoyable part of work was the people I got to work with!
Great way to make money
SERVER (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON4 January 2019
It was a fun fast paced environment. If you needed extra money you could always pick up an extra shift and leave with money in hand. Management and owners were very proactive.
Enjoyable environment
Server (Former Employee) –  Blackfalds, AB4 January 2019
*great customer service skills
*team building exercises
*approachable management
*being on your feet all day/shift definitely hardest part of the job but very rewarding
Fun
Server (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BC14 December 2018
most of days are dead however most of the people there are fun to work with. management need a lot of improvement. learned a lot from this place though
great
Server (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON10 December 2018
Very high stress high rewarding job. I loved going to work everyday because my co-workers and I got along so well. Tips were good and worth all the stress
Server Review
Server (Former Employee) –  Cochrane, AB13 November 2018
Excellent place for someone to learn how to serve because of the knowledge such a big company has. They have an extensive training program which I found extremely helpful.
Love working in the restaurant industry
Server (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 November 2018
Very fun and enjoyable place to work! I get treated very fairly in regards to management and other staff memebers. Busy nights are always the best nights. The food and atmosphere at Boston pizza is just overall really amazing. This job has provided me with many experiences and has taught me so much that I could take to other job opportunities in the future.
Pros
50% off meals
Cons
The uniforms
Great Atmosphere and Amazing Staff
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON7 November 2018
I learned that being able to mange your time and being an attentive and listener is important in this work place. I always was happy and positive in this workplace culture. When times gets busy and stressful during the weekends it gets quite difficult, but being able to mange your duties, responsibilities and keeping our customers satisfied is our priority. The most enjoyable part of the job is the atmosphere and the great support system of staff who always have your back when you need them.
Amazing staff, mediocre food, disrespectful management.
Server (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 November 2018
The servers at Boston Pizza are absolutely phenomenal, genuinely good people. Management were immature and couldn't communicate well with their employees. Food was okay but the staff was what made it a good place to work.
Pros
discounted food, great employees
Cons
irregular hours, lack of communication, food
Poor management and unprofessional behaviour
Server (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 November 2018
Management are very unorganized, do not provide proper training, most of the managers are also the lounge servers and all other servers seem quite miserable or unsatisfied with their job.
They had girls opening and staying past the time their evening girls would be cut. Rarely received 3 hours.

They had very high server turnover which was a bit of a red flag, I know understand. They will let you go over very petty and subjective things and even over gossip.
You are required to tip bar even on days where there is no bartender - obvious management is keeping it.
Pros
Food discount is okay
Cons
Poor management, bad work environment, poor quality of training and assistance, uncomforable and uninviting work envoronment.
Rude management. Unrealistic expectations.
WAITRESS (Former Employee) –  Drayton Valley, AB5 November 2018
The staff was rude. Management was poor. Poorly organized. Not up to health standards. Glad when I left position. Wish it was a better experience overall.
Server (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 November 2018
Good service
Good food,
Good management
It is not a stable job and I am Vegetarian, not good working at the restaurant that is serving meat.
It provides good working environment for staffs, very organized, well managed franchise.
horrible management
Server (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON13 October 2018
major mackenzie location in markham has the worst management i have ever experienced in the hospitality industry. there is no sense of teamwork and no sense of urgency or want from the staff to even be there. horrible place to work.
Cons
no management
Great environment, customers and co-workers. Management needs major improvement.
Server (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB9 October 2018
I worked at Boston Pizza for almost 4 years doing a variety of things, I loved the customers and seeing regulars. I loved seeing other people happy! 80% of the people became great friends and still are. Unfortunately we were at a location where managers lacked productivity and the GM was extremely unprofessional while led to me leaving.
Pros
Delicious food for a great price, great friends.
Cons
Lack emphathy and professionalism in management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boston Pizza. Our community is ready to answer.