Boston Pizza Employee Reviews for Server

Found 259 reviews matching the search See all 1,625 reviews
great
Server (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON10 December 2018
Very high stress high rewarding job. I loved going to work everyday because my co-workers and I got along so well. Tips were good and worth all the stress
Server Review
Server (Former Employee) –  Cochrane, AB13 November 2018
Excellent place for someone to learn how to serve because of the knowledge such a big company has. They have an extensive training program which I found extremely helpful.
Love working in the restaurant industry
Server (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 November 2018
Very fun and enjoyable place to work! I get treated very fairly in regards to management and other staff memebers. Busy nights are always the best nights. The food and atmosphere at Boston pizza is just overall really amazing. This job has provided me with many experiences and has taught me so much that I could take to other job opportunities in the future.
Pros
50% off meals
Cons
The uniforms
Amazing staff, mediocre food, disrespectful management.
Server (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 November 2018
The servers at Boston Pizza are absolutely phenomenal, genuinely good people. Management were immature and couldn't communicate well with their employees. Food was okay but the staff was what made it a good place to work.
Pros
discounted food, great employees
Cons
irregular hours, lack of communication, food
Poor management and unprofessional behaviour
Server (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 November 2018
Management are very unorganized, do not provide proper training, most of the managers are also the lounge servers and all other servers seem quite miserable or unsatisfied with their job.
They had girls opening and staying past the time their evening girls would be cut. Rarely received 3 hours.

They had very high server turnover which was a bit of a red flag, I know understand. They will let you go over very petty and subjective things and even over gossip.
You are required to tip bar even on days where there is no bartender - obvious management is keeping it.
Pros
Food discount is okay
Cons
Poor management, bad work environment, poor quality of training and assistance, uncomforable and uninviting work envoronment.
Rude management. Unrealistic expectations.
WAITRESS (Former Employee) –  Drayton Valley, AB5 November 2018
The staff was rude. Management was poor. Poorly organized. Not up to health standards. Glad when I left position. Wish it was a better experience overall.
Server (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 November 2018
Good service
Good food,
Good management
It is not a stable job and I am Vegetarian, not good working at the restaurant that is serving meat.
It provides good working environment for staffs, very organized, well managed franchise.
horrible management
Server (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON13 October 2018
major mackenzie location in markham has the worst management i have ever experienced in the hospitality industry. there is no sense of teamwork and no sense of urgency or want from the staff to even be there. horrible place to work.
Cons
no management
Great environment, customers and co-workers. Management needs major improvement.
Server (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB9 October 2018
I worked at Boston Pizza for almost 4 years doing a variety of things, I loved the customers and seeing regulars. I loved seeing other people happy! 80% of the people became great friends and still are. Unfortunately we were at a location where managers lacked productivity and the GM was extremely unprofessional while led to me leaving.
Pros
Delicious food for a great price, great friends.
Cons
Lack emphathy and professionalism in management.
Fun and friendly environment
Server (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 September 2018
It's an incredibly friendly workplace, full of smiling faces and warm greetings. Since this location is inside West Edmonton Mall, I get the opportunity to meet people from all over the world.
Server (Current Employee) –  Ontario6 September 2018
I love working at Boston Pizza! The work environment is amazing and I come to my job excited to work. Management are always enthusiastic, accommodating and make it a fun place to be.
Pros
Good food, great people
Cons
Service industry can't have set hours
Boston Pizza is getting worse and worse in YK
Lounge Server (Former Employee) –  Yellowknife, NT30 August 2018
All BP stores are very similar. Same product, same expectation. The only thing that changes a lot is management. Yellowknife specifically has gone downhill very quickly with new ownership and management. Worth the money if you get in the lounge and just show up to serve and leave. Stay out of the drama theres lots.
Fast paced, people orientated job
Server (Former Employee) –  Lower Sackville, NS27 August 2018
Working at Boston Pizza is all about people skills. You need to be outgoing, and comfortable with striking up conversations with the guests.

Not only do you need to keep your guests happy, but you also need have great attention to detail, and have excellent multi-tasking skills.

When you have 6 or more tables on the go, you need to be aware of what stage of their meal each table is in. Have they got their drinks yet? Have they ordered? Is their food taking too long? Do they need refills? Do they need the bill? Have you followed up to make sure there is no issues with the food?

If you thrive in a fast paced, busy, loud environment. Then serving is for you.
Pros
Tips
Cons
Standing on your feet all day
I loved it here
SERVER (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON16 August 2018
I loved how the people worked together and it was easy to find any information needed around the restaurant. This placed changed my life. It was really fun
Minimal training, inadequate Management
Waitress/ Server (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK- Blairmore24 July 2018
Boston Pizza its self is a fantastic place however the management needs to put more time and effort into training their Servers. I was given minimal training and then for my first "serving" shift, they put me into the sports lounge on Super Bowl Sunday. After a few weeks, I was able to pick up on things and learn for myself but it would have been nice to know what I was doing before starting.
fun workplace
Server (Former Employee) –  Lac La Biche, AB28 June 2018
worked with amazing staff learned a lot about the menu and company and learned how to make drinks and cash out, worked late shifts a lot tho I'm almost done
fun and motivating
Server (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC21 June 2018
love seeing new faces all the time. staff are always super friendly and encouraging. the management is easy to talk to and very helpful. would highly recommend.
A busy work environment with supportive managment
Server (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS4 June 2018
Boston Pizza is a part time position for a student looking to do shift work or as a full- time position for someone who enjoys casually working in the service industry. Working at various locations some details may vary such as special promotions or company incentives, but overall Boston Pizza prioritizes a great experience not only for their customers but also for their employees. A person wishing to work here must have a strong work ethic, commitment to follow through with all aspects including duties and wonderful social skills. Working in an environment that fosters community and positive employee relationships in and outside of the work place is a genuine perk working here.
Pros
50% employee discount
Cons
Business based scheduling
Fun place to work with good atmosphere
Server (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 May 2018
I worked at Boston Pizza as a server and really enjoyed it. Hours were flexible, tips were good. The hardest part of the job was when it would get really busy, but still lots of fun.
Fast paced, but fun
Server (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON29 May 2018
Boston Pizza was a great experience to work in a restaurant. When I first was hired the staff were very helpful and the management was very accommodating to work around my class scheduled.

Once you start you are required to complete "BP learning" several online training videos. Watching these videos and then having to take multiple tests after were the only negative part of the job.

As a server it can get very stressful when the restaurant starts to fill up, ensuring you'll having several tables at once. Trying to juggle all theses tables is difficult but manageable and luckily at Boston Pizza the other servers would help one another.

The pros totally out weight the cons. I felt was Boston Pizza a great environment to work in.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boston Pizza. Our community is ready to answer.