Boston Pizza Employee Reviews for Cook

Found 101 reviews matching the search See all 1,693 reviews
A fun place but always on your feet and can sometimes be stressful.
Cook (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 February 2019
A typical day at work would be cleaning, filling things up, cooking, and prepping. I definitely learned how to multi-task and how to operate in a high stress situations. Management is super flexible, especially when it's school related. Very accommodating.
Pros
50% off lunches.
Cons
A lot of work for minimum wage.
Very Good Experience
COOK (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ON5 February 2019
Very Good Experience Friendly people and a good work environment. A fast paced environment and a lot to memorize but a good environment for young people.
Pros
Exciting Environment
Fun work place
Cook (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB22 January 2019
There are a nice people out there I
mean the coworkers all the time they try to make you feel better and they speak and they ask politely it's fun to work with them.
Pros
Sometime
Cons
Different
Can be a good place to work at times
Cook (Current Employee) –  Milton, ON15 January 2019
Can be a good place to work when things are organized. lots of nice people and can be smooth sailing but most of the time that isn't the case, Improved management style needed
Pros
friendly place good atmosphere
Cons
productive and good place too work
cook (Former Employee) –  Kenora, ON17 November 2018
Management treats staff awesomely, you will enjoy your time there. Very positive people work there. Great working environment. you learn new skills and how to deal with problems as they arise. you will come out of your comfort zone and develop strong interpersonal skills while working with the public
Pros
free food when called in. treated very well.
Cons
none really.
cleaned, prepped food, made dough, washed dishes, stocked line
Cook (Former Employee) –  Bonnyville, AB24 October 2018
cleaned deepfryers and prep the food rest of the day, also responsible for making the dough flattening the pizzas when that was done id put them in the fridge and start prep after prep id finish the day with dishes managment was alright
Always Busy
Cook (Former Employee) –  Sherkston, ON24 September 2018
Boston Pizza was an awesome place to work other than the fact the whole kitchen staff had money stolen from us. other than that it is an awesome place to work.
Pros
Friendly employees
Cons
Very hot in the kitchen
very productive
Cook (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON3 September 2018
I was working as cook in the Kitchen. The kitchen Mangers are very helpful. They trained you on each working station like Pizza Station, Salad Station, Pasta Station and cut station.They always follow the rules for prep of food and also about the cleaning.
Pros
Drinks are free
Structured kitchen atmosphere
Cook (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 August 2018
Boston Pizza provided many opportunities for growth and improvement on individual work ethic. Helped to develop an understanding of various roles within a restaurant.
Cons
unbalanced/understaffed shifts
Good Highschool Job
Cook (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ON29 August 2018
a job i had for my final years of highschool i actually loved working there friendly staff and environment but not a career option for me as pay and job advancement were minimal
Pros
free food
Cons
Busy
Line cook, Delivery Driver
Live Cook (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON14 August 2018
I have worked at Boston Pizza for over 2 Years, and I think it is time to find something other then the food industry. I have met some awesome people who are great to work with.
Fun work space nice people
Cook (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON8 August 2018
Boston pizza is a good place work with hard working people. My personal experience wasn't like most others, I was in to make the dough in the mornings and didn't deal with line orders that much but it was fun.
great place to work
Cook (Former Employee) –  Trenton, ON18 July 2018
When I work at Boston Pizza I worked in the kitchen and the people I worked with helped me a lot when I needed it. overall great place to work, I honestly really liked it.
Productive and enthusiastic team doing interesting work
Build Cook (Former Employee) –  Devon, AB21 June 2018
Boston Pizza was a fantastic experience as a first job. I was always treated fairly and the training I received will benefit me throughout my life. The people I worked with served to better my experience and made my shifts enjoyable. I was proud of the work we did and I will continue to eat at Boston Pizza after seeing the level of cleanliness they practice nightly. Boston Pizza was a wonderful first experience in the workforce and I would recommend it to anyone.
Pros
Flexible hours, good pay, tips, discounts on food.
Cons
Long periods of activity with no rest.
Fun kitchen experience
Cook (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NB17 June 2018
I really liked my experience at Boston Pizza! Team was awesome , so as the bosses. The job itself is fairly easy honestly if you are an energetic person u will really enjoy your experience.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC6 June 2018
fast paced when it is busy, but the friendly people you will work with makes it all worth it. We were allowed to listen to our music from a speaker in the back, overall it was always and good environment to work.
Pros
free fountain drinnks
Cons
not amazing wages
Awesome workplace
Cook (Former Employee) –  Portage la Prairie, MB5 June 2018
While working at Boston Pizza I gained a lot of work experience. I was a cook and sometimes a dishwasher. I enjoyed making pizzas especially during a lunch rush, it was a challenge!
Pros
Got to have free food sometimes
Not bad, the people there were great
Cook (Former Employee) –  Mission, BC17 May 2018
In my experience at Boston Pizza, the staff were the best people i'd have worked with. The actual work in the kitchen wasn't too difficult, but at times it could be stressful. Fun days were the slow ones where you could relax while working to chat among colleagues. The bad days were busy, usually the weekends, but the day ends eventually. Cleaning was a big deal there and I learned how to keep my station organized and tidy. You never run out of things to do, which was nice, since I prefer to keep busy. From cleaning to bills to portioning to more cleaning etc... The big downside were the erratic hours, I didn't know when I was working next week until the weekend, so I couldn't plan ahead long term. It was my first experience working in the food industry, and it wasn't bad.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Difficult schedule to maintain life/work balance
Fun but hard work for little pay.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 May 2018
Hard work for little pay sucked leaving the job feeling all gross and stuff. But i did like working with a team to get things done felt nice to have people to help
Good food and experience
Cook (Former Employee) –  North Battleford, SK5 May 2018
Good job to get cooking experience, or bartender experience, learn about restaurants and how they differ from retail, good food and good way to get cooking experience for home.
Pros
Make your own food
Cons
Stressful

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boston Pizza. Our community is ready to answer.