Boston Pizza

Boston Pizza Employee Reviews

Canada2,179 reviews
Found 2,179 reviews matching the search
Friendly place to work
Everyone was really friendly, some people could be hard on you sometimes, but that's a job for ya.
It was easy work on slow days and busy and stressful on weekends. I hated when I was working Fridays alone washing dishes as it's a two man job usually on the busy days.
Supportive Environment
There are a lot of great people here, loved my time working there but can be fast-paced and stressful! Once you get the hang of it the job is fairly straight forward
Don't work here, poor management
I was treated very unfairly and I never even got to work the job position that I applied for and was hired for! They kept saying we'll train you later, next week, then after the holidays. I was hired as a waiter and I never even got to wait 1 table.

They made me do hostess stuff and deliveries. I wanted to serve tables and bartend, I already had experience. No one would train me or even let me help so I could learn. The girls would get super angry and catty if I even got the water cups for the customers, like I was stealing their job and trying to make them look incompetent. That was not the case at all. I wanted to learn how to do the duties and practice so I could wait tables and make some money. The only way to make money in restaurant work is to get tips and I hardly got any because they never gave me a chance to take any tables, then they fired me for a mistake with deliveries. I never wanted to do deliveries! Bad management. They should learn to train all their employees.
A good place to work and learn certain skills
The work environment is very friendly and it is just not work, but we also have fun and know each other. It might get really busy some times, but nothing which cant be handled
This is not a great company for experinced or older people.
Full of under aged drama and other stupidity. Doesn't know something good under there noses. Instead of promoting in house properly they go out side and ppl do not stay. I don't recommend anyone over the age of 30 to work here or in any fast food unless they are given management. And not empty promises... I myself are trying to get another job... because the 25 yrs of experience doesn't seem to count for anything in this business there I am looking for something else.
Wonderful place
Very wonderful people and management I love working there I would highly recommend it to anyone who is looking for a first job or looking to become a server. The kitchen staff are wonderful as well and fast
Stressful work environment
Working at Boston Pizza can be very stressful and high paced at times when it's a busy night or when orders aren't being packaged correctly, but overall it is a good place to work and you develop skills by answering phones and taking orders. All oft the staff makes you feel welcomed when you first start.
Great Place to Work and Motivate Yourself to Make Money and Be a Better Worker
Boston Pizza allows a work environment that encourages hard work and collaborative activity while promoting a stress free atmosphere. I think working at Boston Pizza allows growth and personal achievements to be made in the workplace while having a flexible schedule to work around your day to day life.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Boston Pizza?
Terrible Management and Unethical Owners
I have worked here for 5 years. Not a job for hard working individuals whom have a need for advancement. This company does not care for its employees. My bonus for being a supervisor here was minimal. You do not want to work here unless you need the money that much. Goodluck...
Loved the co-workers, Management could use some work
The training for the position at this location was severely lacking even after working there for 3 months I was still having trouble with certain tasks. At some point we had a menu change so we had to take a course to learn about it, the course was on a special website for employees. I had not even been told that this website had even existed until then so I was very confused as to what management was talking about. Come to find out that the website included all lot of things that would have helped me when I was still training.

Despite this, I did enjoy all the people that I worked with they were always ready to help and were a lot of fun to be around.
fast paced and fun
excellent place of work for students or those in need of additional income. did a good job of working around my school schedule, allowing me to work nearly 35 hours per week while still attending classes full time.
It was a good job for a bit. With summer coming up I need more hours and they weren’t able to provide me with that.
The hardest part of working at Boston pizza is managing where everyone gets seated, while keeping all of the servers happy. It can get stressful, because we often get groups of 40+.
relaxing yet busy
The management and other workers had a bit of tension between everyone but other than that there was not much else wrong. Great opportunity to grow as a server.
Fairly unorganized management, and a very messy hiring and training process.
This was my introduction to the restaurant scene, and it taught me the basics of the industry. However, the hosts had way too many responsibilities to properly handle with the limited amount of staff on, and struggled.
Fun place to work
A amazing place to work good people hardest part is probably the rush hour. I have learned a lot like how to work in a kitchen and cook as well as how to work a a te
Enjoyable and fun kitchen to work in
A typical day of work is making pizza that looks good and making quality food for the paying customers. There is a strong sense of community if not family at Boston Pizza. Some of my favourite people were my managers as they were friendly unless they needed to be stern. The hardest part of the job was cleaning and running the kitchen during a busy dinner/lunch rush. The whole environment was enjoyable and I created many friends along the way while working at Boston Pizza. I would recommend this Boston Pizza to people to work at.
Awesome place, great environment
Honestly, it's the customers that make your job here so great. Working here for 10+ years, I've seen management come and go, other staff come and go, and it's just an overall whirlwind of fun. Great place, great money CAN be made...
Good place to work.
I really enjoyed working here. This job taught me lots of new skills to use in future jobs. Meeting new people and customer wad a big highlight of the job.
Postitive and fun workplace envrioment
Typically the rush hours would be from 12-2 4:30-7:30. It all depended on the day. I learned how to multitask better. The management was so friendly and made work even better!
Overall good place to work
Management is kind and friendly. Work is fast paced. Busy all the time.I enjoy working here. Located in Alliston Ontario. Would prefer more hours. Supervisor is approachable and willing to schedule staff as per their requests.
fun and friendly staff.
This location is well known to locals, It's busy during lunches and dinners. Weekends it a hot spot for people before heading out for the night. Thow owners are tightly knit into the community.