Boston Pizza Employee Reviews

Found 1,587 reviews matching the search See all 1,695 reviews
Fast paced enviornment flexible working hours
Hostess/Server (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON21 February 2019
Usually start work around 5pm would begin by cleaning tables and cutlery then start to seat customers take drink orders and help servers bring food to the table. Take delivery orders, prepare delivery orders. Assist customers with any problems they had. Clean tables take out garbages, clean bathrooms until the end of shift.
Pros
Laid back working environment/flexible hours
Cons
not enough hours
Good Work place
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON20 February 2019
Boston Pizza is ultimately a great place to work. They are a restaurant fuelled by an excellent team with loads of experience. There is a dynamic there that is sometimes hard to understand but once you start working the environment is great.
Pros
staff discounts
Cons
unpredictable hours
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 February 2019
My first restaurant job, i learned a few things about the industry. How turn over of tables is important. How it is important to rotate where to seat guest so servers won't be overwhelmed. Met a ton of great people, it was a work place that felt like one big family. Both front of house and back of house got along with each other.
Line cook
Line cook in heart of house (Former Employee) –  Trenton, ON18 February 2019
Management was average some stuff you would argue on what they did
Staff was great
Very easy to pick up
Hardest part was not knowing when we would close
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Not knowing when we closed
A fun place but always on your feet and can sometimes be stressful.
Cook (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 February 2019
A typical day at work would be cleaning, filling things up, cooking, and prepping. I definitely learned how to multi-task and how to operate in a high stress situations. Management is super flexible, especially when it's school related. Very accommodating.
Pros
50% off lunches.
Cons
A lot of work for minimum wage.
Ok
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON16 February 2019
It was OK to work there was one amazing kitchen manager who promoted me and understood how to deal with people. And there was another kitchen manager who didn't know to not mix work and life into conversations. Was a horrible to work with. The General manager Is an amazing guy who was a pleasure to work with and did he job to the fullest extent and had a great personality.
Pros
free dinners if picked up shifts
Cons
If I had exams I had to work before them at some points
Great learning experience
Server (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON14 February 2019
Boston Pizza took me in as a first time server and taught me the ropes. Today I am able to bartend, while serving tables in the restaurant as well as the lounge.
good
Host (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK14 February 2019
excellent place to work, great staff, great service, great family. would highly recommend anyone to work here its a excellent decision that will further you in life regardless.
jj
Cook (Former Employee) –  Drayton Valley, AB13 February 2019
Great place to work it was a little to slow for my taste and it was what seemed to be a boring routine. I worked with mostly Filipinos so there was a large language barrier that could at times be frustrating. Management was great and the food as well
Pros
50% off bar tab, free lunch, free pool
Cons
Language barrier
Managment could be better
Server (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 February 2019
I work at the North Hill location right now and the management is so disorganized they totally forgot to schedule half the staff and now we're on here looking for second jobs. Needs new management.
Alright workplace
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 February 2019
I found there to be a lot of issues here with management. they could be quite rude and some days I wasn't allowed to even go for a smoke break when I had not even taken my break, I was told no. that manager does not work there anymore but he caused a lot of problems and was straight up rude. would not recommend working here.
Great postive place to work
Server/Waitress (Current Employee) –  Owen Sound, ON8 February 2019
This is a super fun place to work. Everyone is super fun and great to work with. Very flexible hours for students. being cross trained is normal. Worst part is trying to learn the menu since it is HUGE.
fast paced with nice people
dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 February 2019
the people were nice and the job was fast paced i worked the dishwasher for the kitchen and cleaned up after the chiefs it taught me to move fast and be polite
Pros
half off all food
Cons
not much help was given
Productive and fun work place
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke/Mississauga, ON7 February 2019
Pleasant to work at Boston Pizza. Managing and executing all aspects of the front of house, human resources, and recruitment. Manage employees by building strong teamwork and maintaining an accurate and up-to-date plan of restaurant staffing needs.
Prepare schedules and ensure that the restaurant is properly staffed for all shifts, including rush hours and weekends.
Lead, manage and deliver the Perfect Guest Experience each shift: dine-in, sports bar, take-out, delivery and guest recovery.
Shift management and control costs of food, beverages, labor and QC prom line. Ensure operational and occupational health and safety standards are in place and followed to every shift. Measuring and evaluating service standards by using various feedback tools to develop and implement plans for continuous service improvement. Helping and assisting the General Manager with all aspects of restaurant operations, leading local store marketing, community involvement, plans and execution, performing and reviewing weekly inventory count. Participating in upper management meetings regularly to review employee performance, and health and safety matters. Promote ownership culture, multitasking skills, and positive communication skills among the crew. Promoting restaurant on social media like Facebook and Instagram
Pros
Good working atmosphere
J'adore Boston Pizza
Serveuse (Current Employee) –  Québec City, QC6 February 2019
L'ambiance de travaille est très agréable. Je recommande cet entreprise
Very Good Experience
COOK (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ON5 February 2019
Very Good Experience Friendly people and a good work environment. A fast paced environment and a lot to memorize but a good environment for young people.
Pros
Exciting Environment
Always exciting workplace with camaraderie among staff
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Gravenhurst, ON2 February 2019
Being a summertime host at Boston Pizza keeps you on your toes, but it is always exciting and you gain some great friendships from the experience. We were a very busy location but through teamwork and optimistic attitudes, we work hard to give our guests the best experience possible.
Fun and enjoyable place of work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Prince George, BC1 February 2019
This job has given me skills and opportunities through advancement up the ladder from host to management. Day to day people skills dealing with casual interaction to dealing with difficult situations. The staff is fun and easy to communicate with and very flexible around schedules. Management is keen on keeping up with competition wether it be implementing new policies or practices to updating menus.
unorganized.
Server (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB31 January 2019
I found scheduling very difficult as no one was ever happy with the amount of shifts given. It was always a great energy with coworkers. Management never seemed to be in agreement, they were always contradicting each other and could not handle work place problems properly or professionally.
sweet high school job
Chef/Server (Former Employee) –  Thompson, MB31 January 2019
worked as a cooked which was really fun. made some good friends and some decent food. i was able to move around the kitchen and work different stations and eventually made it to front of house as a sever.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boston Pizza. Our community is ready to answer.