Boston Pizza Employee Reviews

Fun kitchen experience
Cook (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NB17 June 2018
I really liked my experience at Boston Pizza! Team was awesome , so as the bosses. The job itself is fairly easy honestly if you are an energetic person u will really enjoy your experience.
A Fun and welcoming enviroment
Sculary/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC15 June 2018
I've worked at two different stores and both were amazing experiences. Management in both were stern in there own ways I would recommend people to work there for the very reason that it builds an understanding all the amazing work that the staff that come and go experience. Though I lack the enthusiasm for the line of work over time I still enjoyed every moment even if I plan to never return to the restaurant business.
Pros
diversity of personalities, friendly environment
Best 5 years of my life
Server/Bartender/Manager (Former Employee) –  Swift Current, SK14 June 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed my time with Boston Pizza. The food is great, the staff was amazing, and there is truly something satisfying and rewarding about creating a quality dining experience for the guests - for them to leave happy and always return.

I started out as a Host and was bumped up to a new position every three months in my first year and a half of employment. The advancement opportunities are just incredible. Before I knew it, I was a Front of House Manager with full benefits.

Before Boston Pizza, I was a VERY introverted person - the staff and the environment gave me a great deal of confidence and brought me out of my shell. It's too fast-paced and fun to just stick to yourself.

Long term restaurant work isn't for everyone, but I highly recommend at least trying it. And I would say Boston Pizza is the place to try it. I'm in a new city now, but would love the opportunity to work for the company again.
Pros
Fun, Good tips, Discounts
Cons
Shift work, Lots of repetition
Nice Co-Workers
Dishwasher/Kitchen Helper (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB13 June 2018
Boston pizza was a fun yet fast work enviroment full of kind and patient people, the wage was excellent at the position i was at and the hours were just right.
Pros
Good Pay
Great Team
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 June 2018
Great place to work depending on franchisee. Salaries are competitive in some stores. Great staff, very friendly people. Can be a fun environment if you are dedicated.
Fun place to work. Some unrealistic expectations. Too many junior crew members.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, ON10 June 2018
Hard to book time off. To many junior staff. Expected to do alot of work that is not my responsibility. Hired for monday-thurs close 40 hours. Lucky if I receive 30 hours a week.
Pros
Tips
Loved it
Kitchen Helper (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 June 2018
Fun happy environment. Nice people great food awesome diversity. I worked there for three years no regrets. Very nice people kind and understanding. I'll always remember this organization.
Pros
Food
Long Days
Manager (Former Employee) –  Hinton, AB6 June 2018
- High Stress Enviorment
- Long Days
- Staff are Great
- Lack of communication with management
- Culture of just get it done.
- Best part is the staff
Cook (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC6 June 2018
fast paced when it is busy, but the friendly people you will work with makes it all worth it. We were allowed to listen to our music from a speaker in the back, overall it was always and good environment to work.
Pros
free fountain drinnks
Cons
not amazing wages
Awesome work family!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Prince George, BC6 June 2018
Low staff turnover with awesome team members. Managing can be frustrating with little change despite issues being brought up frequently to higher management.
Awesome workplace
Cook (Former Employee) –  Portage la Prairie, MB5 June 2018
While working at Boston Pizza I gained a lot of work experience. I was a cook and sometimes a dishwasher. I enjoyed making pizzas especially during a lunch rush, it was a challenge!
Pros
Got to have free food sometimes
good people
Dishwasher/Line cook (Former Employee) –  BC4 June 2018
Great employees and good wage for a first job, the tips really make the difference between choosing another first job like McDonald, I'm glad i chose BP for a first job
Pros
employees
Cons
under staffed
A busy work environment with supportive managment
Server (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS4 June 2018
Boston Pizza is a part time position for a student looking to do shift work or as a full- time position for someone who enjoys casually working in the service industry. Working at various locations some details may vary such as special promotions or company incentives, but overall Boston Pizza prioritizes a great experience not only for their customers but also for their employees. A person wishing to work here must have a strong work ethic, commitment to follow through with all aspects including duties and wonderful social skills. Working in an environment that fosters community and positive employee relationships in and outside of the work place is a genuine perk working here.
Pros
50% employee discount
Cons
Business based scheduling
Host/hostess job is not worth it.
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Selkirk, MB2 June 2018
For the short period I worked here I found my position as a hostess to be dull. Since we were not waiters we did not take orders. Generally the job consisted of seating customers at a table and cleaning tables. In between that, many of the hosts would gather around the front desk and socialize. It was a different experience from my previous jobs as I was always told that there was always something to do. Management did not come off as friendly and usually seemed to hate being there.
Pros
Great coworkers
Niagra Falls
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Niagara, ON1 June 2018
Busy location and great place to advance your skills. Lots of different managers and departments so you can learn a lot and make good money. I worked here years ago.
good place
Food Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 June 2018
it is a nice place nice people friendly, they help you, you can ask help if you have some trouble, the chef and other people are friendly.
the environment is good, customer service is good
Fun place to work with good atmosphere
Server (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 May 2018
I worked at Boston Pizza as a server and really enjoyed it. Hours were flexible, tips were good. The hardest part of the job was when it would get really busy, but still lots of fun.
good first job
Hostess, costumer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 May 2018
good first job, wouldn't work there again. bad managers at the time. family atmosphere, good food but poor relationships between employers and employees.
Pros
good food
Cons
boring
Fast paced, but fun
Server (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON29 May 2018
Boston Pizza was a great experience to work in a restaurant. When I first was hired the staff were very helpful and the management was very accommodating to work around my class scheduled.

Once you start you are required to complete "BP learning" several online training videos. Watching these videos and then having to take multiple tests after were the only negative part of the job.

As a server it can get very stressful when the restaurant starts to fill up, ensuring you'll having several tables at once. Trying to juggle all theses tables is difficult but manageable and luckily at Boston Pizza the other servers would help one another.

The pros totally out weight the cons. I felt was Boston Pizza a great environment to work in.
Corporate BP seems decent. Working for a franchisee not so much
Community Relations Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 May 2018
Received a lot of training and development from BP corporate which, for me was the most valuable part of the job. An obstacle in my experience was working with a Franchisee who did not align with corporate views so there was many instances where we had conflicting opinions

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boston Pizza. Our community is ready to answer.