Boston Pizza Employee Reviews

Not bad, the people there were great
Cook (Former Employee) –  Mission, BC17 May 2018
In my experience at Boston Pizza, the staff were the best people i'd have worked with. The actual work in the kitchen wasn't too difficult, but at times it could be stressful. Fun days were the slow ones where you could relax while working to chat among colleagues. The bad days were busy, usually the weekends, but the day ends eventually. Cleaning was a big deal there and I learned how to keep my station organized and tidy. You never run out of things to do, which was nice, since I prefer to keep busy. From cleaning to bills to portioning to more cleaning etc... The big downside were the erratic hours, I didn't know when I was working next week until the weekend, so I couldn't plan ahead long term. It was my first experience working in the food industry, and it wasn't bad.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Difficult schedule to maintain life/work balance
Great place to learn how to be a server
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Innisfail, AB15 May 2018
Very good first serving job, gave me experience in high volume dining as well as bartending duties, would definitely consider working for Boston Pizza again, tips were great even in family side of restaurant
Fun job
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Stratford, ON14 May 2018
Met a lot of great people here. Was a very fun, but sometimes stressful job. Management was decent for front of house, great for heart of house. Sometimes hard hours.
It was an ok job, but the pay was not.
Sever (Former Employee) –  Ottawa East, ON14 May 2018
I hate speaking ill of past employers, however don't work here because they adjust your hours worked. They don't pay you for holiday pay & they shave off hours you worked. You are required to punch in for time they will NOT pay you for. They get away with it because employees are scared to lose their jobs or they don't know their own rights! They should be reported to the authorities.
Pros
Experience
Cons
How they handle business
Fun while working with good people and co workers.
Kitchen Manager (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NB10 May 2018
All good both work place and workers.management team are very informative,easy to approach and very open minded.we also have very good relationship with the front of the house servers and management team resulting to a very fun working place.
Pros
Free food for staff
Cons
Pretty good enough hours 7-8 hours/day.
I like to work at boston pizza
KITCHEN WORKER - LINE COOK (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON8 May 2018
I like to work at Sports Bar restaurant as it is very busy and time passes fast. I always like to work in fast pace environment. So I like the job culture and for me I like this job at Boston Pizza.
friendly folk
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ON8 May 2018
Always a chill atmosphere working at BP. Very accepting & adaptive. The food is good and the managers have been super nice. Fun environment but hard working
Fun but hard work for little pay.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 May 2018
Hard work for little pay sucked leaving the job feeling all gross and stuff. But i did like working with a team to get things done felt nice to have people to help
Loved it here
Server and Manager (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC7 May 2018
Great job. Made excellent money in tips. Learned a lot about management and customer service. Made life long friends and had a lot of fun working here!
fermer
Assistant gérant de cuisine (Former Employee) –  Granby, QC6 May 2018
mauvaise gerance du personel le proprietaire des lieux etais mediocre
Pros
cuisine
Cons
direction
Difficult work that required constant focus and a bit of ingenuity
Delivery Driver, Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Moose Jaw, SK6 May 2018
Supper rush usually lasted a few hours, where the orders were seemingly endless the entire time. It takes a lot of focus to stay on top of things. Mistakes had to be rectified immediately when discovered, which can break your focus, so you have to figure out how to fix the mistake without ruining your flow. The best part about that job is that when you are in this state of flow, you feel great and everything is wonderful.

This particular BP constantly pushed us to be the best we could be everyday, which taught us a lot about how a restaurant is supposed to be run, but created a lot of stress. Employees were at each others throats much of the time.
Most Stressful Job
Kitchen Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Rockland, ON6 May 2018
I am always one for challenges and new experiences, but I found this restaurant has a hard time looking at the employees as people. Often you're reminded how easily you can be replaced and the high stress on supervisors was highly uncalled for. The management needs to improve their leadership skills tenfold.
Good food and experience
Cook (Former Employee) –  North Battleford, SK5 May 2018
Good job to get cooking experience, or bartender experience, learn about restaurants and how they differ from retail, good food and good way to get cooking experience for home.
Pros
Make your own food
Cons
Stressful
Creative
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC4 May 2018
Many things to learn, with information from different department and understanding the culture and the structure of the business. Customer service experience and loyalty is very important
Pros
Growth
Cons
Fun atmosphere to work in with good tips and good staff.
Server (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC4 May 2018
Working a tthe downtown boston pizza was the best entrance job I could've had. The staff was warm and inviting, and when I left for school it felt like I was leaving another family. The tips were really good in the evenings and on busy days.
Pros
50% off food
Cons
No breaks during evening shifts
Boston pizza
- Great hours/flexible schedule
- Good benefits
- Fun work place
- amazing food
Pros
hours
Cons
You never know when you are scheduled to finish
BEST place to work!
Dining Room Server (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 May 2018
If you're looking for a place to work that values you as a human being and an employee look no further! Awesome management, great work/life balance, great co-workers! I've been a server for over 8 years and this is by far the best place I've ever worked!
Pros
salary, management, hours, work/life balance
It was fun at working over there and I want to learn more and develop some more skills so i would like to work in Boston further,
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON2 May 2018
Mostly i worked in Boston Pizza in the evenings so it is really a fun to work in a busy hours when there is lot to do and fun at making pizzas and other delicious recepies. If i have to talk about the Management i dont think i have seen such an amazing managing of stuff anywhere as i have seen in the Boston where i have worked, proper and consistency of availability of things and writing temperature logs and all stuff. Everything is up to date in the Boston pizza.
Good first serving job
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON26 April 2018
It was a great place to learn about the service industry. Working here taught me everything I know as a server and a bartender. Majority of the time was a fun environment to work in.
Efficient fun workplace with friends all around
Hostess/Expo/Server (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB25 April 2018
A great happy place to work but everywhere has its ups and downs, wish management would reduce the blows on a down day. Has taught me a lot of things and has let me grow over the years.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boston Pizza. Our community is ready to answer.