Boston Pizza

Boston Pizza Employee Reviews

Found 2,273 reviews matching the search
I really enjoyed working for Boston Pizza Bonnyville. The overall job was fun but still busy. The management were great and they are fantastic to work with! Fellow employees were always helpful and worked hard. The opportunity to move up is always an option. I recommend working for Boston Pizza.
Pros
Opportunity for advancement
Cons
Long shifts when in high volume
No support from management. Poorly run establishment. No accountability from management when they’ve made a poor decision. No positive feedback or encouragement.
They seem like hire a lot of people, train them, then don’t give enough shifts, next thing you know, they’ll let you go. Huge wasting time, bad management
Culture d'intimidation par la direction envers les employées climat de travail très mauvais et non professionnel
Pros
repas gratuis
Cons
culture d'entreprise épouvantable le gérant est le bouffon des employées
Was one of the worst companies that I worked in itI will never recommended to any job seekers The management was very unprofessional and has nothing to do with management They are not fair even
Pros
Cons
Low salary, no insurance, bad management and much more
Great group of staff to work alongside, terrible management team. Very immature and they create a toxic work environment for everyone there. Very evident lack of communication, tons of gossip done by the general manager. A revolving door of staff members, mostly management, due to high levels of disrespect and disregard for staff well being.
Staff was always friendly towards me. I find there was favoritisme when it came to scheduling. Short shifts. Management was most times uncoordinated. Good training.
Pros
Friendly staff, discounts.
Cons
Short hours
Management was very one sided to a group that had worked there for a few years and never would tell them no and would not hire a km. Very un organized not having a leader in the boh management would not be professional and act like you were always wrong and make u feel that way. This was a year ago so notSure if they are still like this
Pros
Eh
Cons
A lot
When i first started my job at the restaurant I enjoyed it, it was new and different, i had never done anything like it before, but a few months in i started to hear the gossiping from the other staff and even the managers. They would say horrible things about all of the staff with each other and then later say similar things to the people they were just gossiping with. I started to hear about all of the negative things they were saying about me and it made me absolutely dread going to work and caused a few breakdowns. The atmosphere was similar to high school mean girls except half of them were your managers, and reporting it does nothing. Another issue had to do with the expectations , i was hired to do one job and then was expected to do other jobs on top of that. I understand helping out a co-worker but when you are expected to throw down whatever you’re doing in the moment to do something for a co-worker and then getting in trouble for not doing your job it’s exhausting, and you are not paid enough for it.
Pros
50% off food on days you work
Cons
toxic, expect you to do the jobs of everyone else, bad management.
Work environment is fast paced and positiveEveryone works well as a team. You will need a second job if you decide to work here and expect to make enough for cost of living as it's minimum wage unless your management. Most of the kitchen are young adults as it's not a lifetime career just a job for students and college kids..
Pros
Great people, awesome positive work place, management is friendly, good for a first job
Cons
It's a job not a career unless your management, Minimum wage, No benefits for regular staff, no raises your minimum wage for as long as you work with them
Great place to work! Training is very efficient and effective. They help you advance to other positions if you are interested. I would highly recommend working at Boston Pizza.
Management was amazing, I got along very well with all my managers and supervisors. A very fun job if you don’t mind putting some elbow grease into it!
Pros
Discounts!
Cons
Can sometimes get very busy.
As a much needed experianced person for kitchen and several other faction duties. Once i was positioned. Feeling at home with my ability to succed waa greatly apreciated and continuing. The boston pizza tradition was greatly admired
Pros
Great team. Reliable service
Cons
Conditioning training pay
Management has alot too learn here but that isn't too say that they arent amazing people. The actual servers and back of house workers are really fun people.
Pros
50 percent off food
Cons
management is very unprofessional. they often over step boundaries with younger girl servers / hosts. nobody ever has any idea what’s going on. The amount of customers that left u happy was too hard to count. The servers would get drunk with the management.
Pros
food discount
Cons
bad management. always felt like i had no idea why was going on.
Get to meet new people everyday and build relationships. A busy work environment allows my coworkers and I too keep our skills sharp. I have learned a lot while working here.
During my time with the company I forged many strong personal long term friendships. I gained valuable experience and training while managing a staff of 20-50 employees depending on the location.
Pros
Social aspects. Guest interactions.
Its a. Easy going environment. Most of the time it goes smooth if everyone goes by the policy and fairly take the time to follow up along one another as a team environment. Great tips and mostly flexibility in any hrs. Management is fairly treated everyone equal. Perhaps soft on laziness.
Pros
Great paced & some advancements
Cons
Soft on lazy actions. No benafits
Depends on the restaurant you work at but if you are trying to be a good server, do not work here expecting to learn anything above the basics about serving. Personality is key to succeeding.
Pros
Free food at times
Cons
Late hours
Great team members at the Port Alberni location.Very productive and like-minded individuals.Fun, fast paced workdays.Every single member contributed to creating quality product and customer experience.Highly recommend.
Managment isnt great. They are uncaring about the fact that you are human. The Gm is the worst,talks low behind employees backs to other co workers. If you work in the kitchen you will not receive full time work. It's a job not a career. Raises rarely happen.The only thing that is really positive about this place can be your co-workers. They make it bearable.Although supervisors can become power hungry and bully people lower then them. They will bully you out of the kitchen if they dont like you. Happend to a very nice guy. Everything that was said in the interview was honestly just them glorifying the job and then pulling wool over your eyes.
Pros
Fun at times
Cons
Not enough hours, bullying, bad stress managmenr, toxic, power hungry supervisors, forget raises, late tipouts, not worth it
  1. Employee reviews