Boston Pizza Employee Reviews

Typical Day at Work
Full Time Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON23 February 2018
Boston Pizza was a great work experience. A typical day at work would involve the flipping of vegetables and ingredients to ensure that the food being served was fresh. I learned how to work in a quick paced environment under tight time constraints. The management wasn't the greatest, they treated workers very poorly and took advantage of authority. The most challenging part about the job was finding your groove and what worked best for you when trying to make food quickly but with high quality.
Fun, tight-knit work family
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON21 February 2018
My first place of employment was definitely a great experience. All the staff and managers goals was to make the tourists and returning customers happy.
Great Employers
Fort Saskatchewan - (Hostess) (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB20 February 2018
A typical day at work was a 5-9 shift and or a 12-8 shift. The 12-8 shifts always felt like forever because in the mornings it was slow, but 5-9 shifts most nights were fine.
Productive, Fun, Slow to Advance
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON20 February 2018
It was fun to work with BP, but unfortunately, job advancement is slow, and the culture can be draining. I enjoyed it, management was nice and easy to get along with.
Was awesome till it burnt down!
Cook (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB19 February 2018
It was a really fun place to work, I didn't really get a chance to get a good feel for the place. as to it burnt down. I really feel like I lost out on a great opportunity
Pros
Employee discounts
Cons
Burnt down
Besides management....
Lounge Supervisor / Server & Bartender (Former Employee) –  Golden, BC19 February 2018
I loved working for Boston Pizza in Golden, and would still be there had it not been for terrible management. She should not be in the position she is in and because of her, they have trouble staffing.
Work crew was good the management wasn’t
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Slave Lake, AB16 February 2018
Enjoyable workplace, learned lots of new things and made new friends, learned valuable lessons. The work was straightforward and pretty simple. Only down side was the management
Bien
Superviseur des cuisines (Former Employee) –  Quebec City, QC16 February 2018
Restaurant d'une chaine donc après un certain temps on stabilise dans l'apprentissage et devenons très trop dans une routine
Shady Company
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON16 February 2018
Unprofessional is an understatement! Too many bad things to list. Serving staff however are great, they treat each other like family & look after one another.
Rewarding and Fun Work Environment!
Head Bartender/Supervisor/Corp Trainer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 February 2018
I've been working for Boston Pizza International for over 7 years and have never loved a job more. The work environment is extremely inviting and the training program is very easy to execute.
Pros
Your coworkers become your second family
Great work environment.
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 February 2018
Over all I would say that Boston Pizza is a great company to work for. Found the staff, both location management and head office, where very thoughtful and accommodating.
Pros
50% off food while on shift.
Cons
Sometimes difficult to get additional hours
I was at a bad location
Server (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON13 February 2018
meh, it had its moments. the location i was at was in a poor area of Hamilton so people tipped very poorly and i never left with more than $100 bucks. Maybe once or twice I did and I work there for a while.
Pros
not much
Cons
not much
Fun, productive
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Westlock, AB13 February 2018
I enjoyed working at Boston Pizza, Westlock Alberta, It was my first job, and i was a hostess. I had the duties of and greeting guests as they come in and assigning their tables, busing tables, and re-setting them. Building take out containers, and also helping with dishes if needed.
fun place f fun people
Server/Manager (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB12 February 2018
need to have good balance, good organisational skills, need to be a people person and know how to follow orders.
be able to put a smile on your face when customers are being rude and know the menu well (they give you training for that)
Pros
amazing staff to work with
Cons
when the economy is slow, so are tips
Review
Server/ Hostess (Former Employee) –  New Minas, NS11 February 2018
The environment was always supportive, and safe. The restaurant was kept clean and managed accordingly. The staff was always on time and respected management.
Pros
Environment
Cons
Hours were short
Very structured
Server (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL10 February 2018
Very basic chain restaurant. Everything is by the books. Strict on some ridiculous things but overall a good place to work. Some internal competition between stores keeps you on your toes.
Pretty big misconception.
Prep/Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Midland, ON10 February 2018
Everything comes in frozen, and is almost always prepped a day or 2 in advance and re-heated / microwaved to order.
Pay is okay for a first job getting tips 1 week and pay the next.
Pros
Okay work environment
Cons
Never knowing your time off
not going there
Waitress/Server (Current Employee) –  New Glasgow, NS10 February 2018
No hours
Cant really get anything discounted
Never walk out with what you should
You do get your pays if you go get them
They dont know how to run a business
Half the staff are looking for another job
Works well around students schedule
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 February 2018
I enjoyed being employed at your company and being a part of a team. I learned how to work well with others. I loved interacting with new faces everyday and being a helping hand.
the work was ok
Dishwasher, Delivery Driver, Host (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB9 February 2018
The job was a job. It is busy when it is busy. when it isn't busy it is slow. So to work there you have to be wiling to face the stress of dinner rush. The general attitude of coworkers is not overly positive, and the pay is poor.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boston Pizza. Our community is ready to answer.