Boston Pizza Employee Reviews

Line cook, Delivery Driver
Live Cook (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON14 August 2018
I have worked at Boston Pizza for over 2 Years, and I think it is time to find something other then the food industry. I have met some awesome people who are great to work with.
Very satisfied with the experience I gained
Prep-Chef (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB14 August 2018
Boston Pizza is an employer that cares about it’s Employees and its a wonderful opportunity to work with them. A typical day was simple menial tasks with some challenges arising when a rush was on
management was rude and not understanding
HOST (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB13 August 2018
in working there for months i developed many relationships with individuals whom i worked with and those that came in, the most difficult individual was actually the general manager whose main priority was not her staff but in reality was money and she appeared to be rather cold in a sense that her staff was WORKERS and were sometimes disregarded as PEOPLE.
Productive place of work employment
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  High Level, AB12 August 2018
- Typical day at work was slow, but sometimes very hectic (especially on sundays.
- I learned how to increase my full potential on how to deal with the chaotic enviornment
Loved my coworkers, not my job
Chef (Former Employee) –  BC12 August 2018
The only plus while working here were my amazing coworkers. Other than that it was always understaffed, I once had to work 2 weeks straight with no days off while sick because I was one of only 3 chefs available. Management and waitstaff had no respect for the kitchen staff and we were micromanaged all the time. Most kitchen staff had to come to work sick because there was no one to come in and no sick days. The waitstaff was very rude to the kitchen and often verbally insulted us, and blamed any mistakes they made on the kitchen. Some employees who had been there for years were paid less than new employees and managers refused to talk about it, avoiding them entirely. Overall there was a lot of frustration felt by the kitchen and I eventually left, as did many of my other chefs.
Pros
Great co workers, pretty good pay for a chain restarant
Cons
Very few days off, no benefits or sick days, rude waitstaff, micro management, understaffed
very fun workplace with good people to work with
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 August 2018
i have been working here for 3 and a half years now, always have enjoyed going to work, people are very nice and very easy to get along with, managers are very relaxed and always want what’s best for you, good place to work
Pros
good people, fun atmosphere
Cons
no set hours
Hostess and Expo (Current Employee) –  Kamloops, BC11 August 2018
I loved working at Boston Pizza, I made so many new friends that I keep in contact with even though I no longer work there. You deal with a lot of complaints and angry people on a daily basis so a while it can get frustrating and stressful
very relaxed
Host (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON11 August 2018
just a nice starter job, very easy to do and learn. just learn the menu and you will be fine. Also have a lot of hospitality because if you don't, your most likey gonna get fired.
Pros
discounts on food
Cons
dealing with rude customers
Busy and stressful
Line Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 August 2018
I did not like Boston pizza as they did not help me with my anxiety so they just pushed me away. I would like it if they acted like humans and had some sort of compassion for people with social awkwardness.
Pros
Cons
Just another corporation trying to make money
Boston Pizza
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 August 2018
Depressing Work Space and Negative Environment
I was a hostess and I did everyone elses job for them
the most enjoyable part was the food discount on shift only
Pros
Good Deal On Food
Cons
Short Shifts
Fun place to work when shifts are recieved
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB9 August 2018
A very upbeat, happy workplace. The only downside was the fact that they were very over staffed and would only get one shift a week. The customers were friendly and the workplace was always clean.
Working that feels like an hobby
Waitress/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB9 August 2018
This place is a great place to work, filled with many other workers who grow into a big family, Hardest part of the job is the customers as all are different and the most enjoyable is being able to work and laugh continuously with your coworkers
Pros
discount on food
Cons
never know how many hours
Fun work space nice people
Cook (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON8 August 2018
Boston pizza is a good place work with hard working people. My personal experience wasn't like most others, I was in to make the dough in the mornings and didn't deal with line orders that much but it was fun.
My review
Bus Person (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, ON6 August 2018
When I was there I found that it was alright and I wasn't happy when I was there. Why it wasn't exciting enough for me to keep working there as they had new staff who has taken it over.
busy productive
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  North Battleford, SK2 August 2018
I worked here as a line cook and caught on to the menu within a week with little training but I loved working here great pay and good co workers.......
Pros
free lunch
Cons
over hired not enough hours
Classic Restaurant
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 August 2018
This Boston Pizza had a great team of employees to the point where we were a boston pizza family. I learned how to deal with tough customers and built a healthy relationship with the regulars that came.
loved it
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Miramichi, NB30 July 2018
job was great just moved too far away to continue working there after i had my children. left because i went on maternity leave. tips were nice and you got 50% off your meals
Pros
50% off meals
Cons
closed when snowed really bad so would only come to work for a couple hours
worst workplace. Trust me that no one wants to work there.
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Osoyoos, BC28 July 2018
worst place to work. the owners are terrible. if you want to ruin your career then go for it. They don't care about their staff. Please do not work for boston pizza Osoyoos. I am telling you based on my experience.
Pros
no pros
Cons
all cons.
Best place for good beginnings
Server, Host, Delivery Driver, Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON27 July 2018
At Boston Pizza, I started in 2011 as a hostess and advanced to work in many different positions by the time I left in 2016. Hands down, it is the best place to learn the best of the basics of the hospitality industry. I will never forget the PGE and everything I learned there. Forever grateful for the experience.
Pros
Team Focus & PGE Focus
Cons
Rapid turnover in management staff
fun workplace
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC25 July 2018
I only worked there a short time as a delivery driver but in my experience it was a fun workplace, usually young people work in this restaurant i've noticed.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boston Pizza. Our community is ready to answer.