Boston Pizza Employee Reviews

Great Environment
SERVER/BARTENDER (Current Employee) –  Portage, LA19 October 2018
The hardest part of being a server is when the restaurant/lounge is slow and you finish all cleaning/duties needed to do. The best part is being able to meet new people every shift and hope they come back!
Excellent work environment
Bartender/Server (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON18 October 2018
Boston Pizza was an excellent restaurant through which to learn the ropes of serving. The management is understanding and accommodating and there truly is a family-level of comradely amongst staff members.
Pros
Amazing coworkers
Cons
unreliable scheduling
its Fun
BUILD LINE COOK (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC16 October 2018
its a nice place to work only if you have passion for cooking. In general, the management is good and very understanding. A lot of fun and motivating there.
great place to work but horrible management
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK15 October 2018
Boston Pizza is a fun and exciting place to work but the kitchen has no teamwork and the management doesnt have a sense of leadership and you dont feel that your a part of the team.
Pros
stressful environment
Cons
not good management
Good First Job
Kitchen Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Selkirk, MB15 October 2018
I started from the bottom of the kitchen as a skull person, dish boy, and over a few years it seems like I've reach the highest I was going to get. For someone who hasn't been in the job market and is looking for their first job I highly suggest working at Boston Pizza, but for those who are looking for somewhere to grow and move up in the world, you might have better luck at another job. I moved up pretty fast but got bored fast as its the same thing day in and out. As well being the person I was I spent more time than I should have at Boston Pizza helping out the management as its not that well put together. More time and more people are needed for it to move smooth but they are not wiling to improve the work place environment to do so. As well as owners/general managers bring their life in to the work place and follow workers online outside of work making it uncomfortable to work. Other wise easy work, that can be stressful at rush times.
Pros
easy cooking work, good first job pay
Cons
unpayed breaks, stressful environment
Fast paced and ever changing
Manager / CRC (Community Relations Coordinator) (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, AB14 October 2018
Well managed company, in a fast paced and ever-changing ambiance. Never a dull moment and an opportunistic company for those seeking employee advancements.
Great place to work!
Seat, Till, and Expo Host (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC14 October 2018
If you enjoy a fast paced and thrive working under pressure, this is the place for you! With so much to learn and so many opportunities to grow and move up in the company, it is well worth it.
great
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK14 October 2018
a great place to start off working as a hostess. found to habe alot of issuses with only getting one shift a week as i was free 6 days a week. went through several manager while there
horrible management
Server (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON13 October 2018
major mackenzie location in markham has the worst management i have ever experienced in the hospitality industry. there is no sense of teamwork and no sense of urgency or want from the staff to even be there. horrible place to work.
Cons
no management
good job
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON12 October 2018
pay is good, and hours are long and plenty. managers are sometimes quite unfair and you end up having to do more work than you should. but for the most part, it's a pleasant environment with kind folks
pizza
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 October 2018
i like working there. came in said hello to people washed my hands and the stat cooking pizza and pasta. maybe clean a bit, then close at like 12-1:00.
Exciting and fast paced work environment.
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Moose Jaw, SK9 October 2018
Boston Pizza is a fun and exciting place to work, you will often see a lot of familiar faces because there is a lot of regulars that come through. There is always something to keep you busy at Boston Pizza and the servers are always looking for a helping hand. My favourite part about this job is the working with people, and interacting with the customers.
Great environment, customers and co-workers. Management needs major improvement.
Server (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB9 October 2018
I worked at Boston Pizza for almost 4 years doing a variety of things, I loved the customers and seeing regulars. I loved seeing other people happy! 80% of the people became great friends and still are. Unfortunately we were at a location where managers lacked productivity and the GM was extremely unprofessional while led to me leaving.
Pros
Delicious food for a great price, great friends.
Cons
Lack emphathy and professionalism in management.
fun loving staff that are willing to help each other
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON7 October 2018
Great kitchen manager always cared for the staff most days you'll start off stow and get busy as the day goes on i learned how to work well and fast paced and was willing to teach me so much more about how to work and run a kitchen
Accessible upper management with room for growth.
Bar Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 October 2018
Boston Pizza upper management has been accessible to me from the time I started as an hourly staff member in a franchise store. Very open-door and feels like a family. Very straight-forward and transparent, always. Enjoyable company to work for.
Enjoyed the experience, didn't enjoy hours
Bar Manager (Former Employee) –  London, ON1 October 2018
I learned alot from my time at BP. A lot of room for growth. Hours are long, pay isnt fantastic. Staff is generally good to work with. Not a lot of help from the GM.
Pros
Great atmosphere
nice long drives
Pizza Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Yellowknife, NT1 October 2018
Had lots of fun driving around the town i grew up in and seeing people regularly. I got to know the street names very well. Made some good friends there. All together it was a good job and had a good experience
Pros
driving around a town i grew up in
Cons
small working area for the delivery driver
It was a good job
`Line/Prep cook (Former Employee) –  Pembroke, ON30 September 2018
Working at Boston Pizza was really fun actually. The management team needed to be stronger. The most enjoyable part is being surrounded by pizza all day. The hardest part was counting product in the freezer. A typical day for me was 7-3 no break.
Pros
Discounted food
Cons
No breaks
good company to work for
Host (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 September 2018
Great work environment, great group of people to work with. Flexible work schedule, clean and professional place to work. I enjoyed my time with Boston pizza and learned a lot about interfacing with customers.
Plenty of Experience
Labourer (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB 967 Ordze Rd.28 September 2018
They taught multiple skills and tricks when It came to getting work done at a very high pace. They helped me builds saving for my future so I could get a better Education with it and along with a strong finance to take care of the people I love along with myself.
Pros
Functional hours and work place.
Cons
I worked evening making my social life hard to hold on to.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boston Pizza. Our community is ready to answer.