Boston Pizza

Boston Pizza: 2,456 Employee Reviews

Canada2,456 reviews

Found 2,456 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,547 reviews

Salary

As an FOH manager /community relations coordinator paid less then should be. Treated most times with respect although expected to do more then you should have to. No family time expected to work every weekend

Cons

Long hours. Not enough pay for what you are expected to do.

Fun workplace

Very good workplace I recommend anyone who finished high school to work here for experience and a little bit of earning. It is not that stressful and would definitely recommend

Insights into Boston Pizza

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • General feeling of work happiness

Would be fun job if managed properly

Was a new hire, no real direction given, told had to find replacement for sick days myself in training manual if needed, then supervisor, managers, were all gone suddenly (jobs posted online) and I got no calls nor shifts and they didn't even complete my training!? Was a waste of time, disorganized (mgr didn't even speak to asst mgr about my interview) was surprised to see me... Just not a good experience.

Fun but high stress

Worked on and off with BP throughout the years, worked my way up to General Manager. Very fast paced environment, high stress, and non-existent days off.

Pros

Pays well in management

Cons

No work life balance

Productive, And fun

great volunteering experience for non-working teens. Attained experience working at a restaurant, and serving customers their food. nice place to volunteer from school, and glad I was able to attain such an experience.

quite repetitive

this would be a good job for someone who doesn't mind repetition. I was not compensated for the gas I used on deliveries, I felt dependant on the unstable flow of tips to compensate for my personal car and gas. Kind of important considering the price of gas and the current minimum wage, which is what I was being paid.

Pros

staff discounts

Cons

little time off

Great coworkers

The best part of the job was the people I worked with. Like any company there was good and bad aspects but overall it wasn’t a terrible place to work.

Pros

Coworkers

Cons

Scheduling, low staffing

Not fun

They would take money out of tips for a coffee fund which seemed shady. The food was bad so I got a lot of complaints. It was not a laid back workplace. I did not feel welcome

Pros

Food discounts

Cons

poor management

Only good for younger employees

This place has terrible management issues. This position is good for someone still living at home with very little bills to be paid. You will not make a lot of money here. It is not a good choice if you’re looking for financial security. Staffing issues galore. Their overturn of staff is like none other I’ve every seen.

First of all, I didn’t feel any friendly environment while working at the Boston pizza, Birchwood. Secondly, the managers were not cooperative. They only listen to the supervisors. As I have been worked there for almost one year, they didn’t give me even a single cent raise even I have learned all the stations. They always have different complaint to argue with the employees. They didn’t motivate anybody. Overall, I was not enjoyed while working over there.

Easy work but low pay

Not a bad place to work as a first job or as a side hustle. Nice people. High turnover so you're constantly picking up the slack for new hires. Not a lot of room for promotion.

Pros

%50 off staff meals (one per shift)

Cons

Not flexible. Getting a day off often requires a colleague to do you a favour and take your shift.

Good experience

Very little support and had to work minimum 70 hours a week plus. Very challenging environment with no real help too much on the shoulders of one person to deal with. It was a very tough period for owners and restaurant in general.

Toxic environment

Management is disorganized and toxic, take note of how different and disconnected each manager will portray their expectations from other managers. Be sure to be heard and take note if a manager or coworker doesn't listen, that's a red flag. Know you worth and don't allow other to push you around. If the environment and coworkers are hostile, you need to leave that situation, which is what I experienced at this establishment. Remember to upsell! *but when you do the manager may not actually care* this is an example of mixed messaging, and it does not build employee morale. Managers were always whispering and secretive, upholding convenience for themselves but a double standard for all others. Few issues stemmed from non-management coworkers.

Pros

N/a

Cons

No refined times for breaks, dishonest and suspicious management.

Stressful and poor management

Management was not organized at all and it was only the coworkers who made it good. Training was over the computer but I felt they never truly train their employees properly and then they would put you on the spot a lot of the time. Also if u made a mistake with the food you had to pay for it

Hard work not enough credit.

It honestly started out great. But the schedule was all over the place some weeks I would have 6 hours others I would have 30 hours. Then there is the actual schedule, I couldn't stand it anymore getting the schedule which started on Monday at 9pm Sunday evening. The owner is there but doesn't exactly help out with problem servers and the new manager is capable of lying to your face as does the other Supervisors. Some of the servers and such are great the vast majority of them don't do their work and it is left on the Hostess.

It is not bad

If you are not friends with anyone there you are kind of the outcast other than that it was alrightNot as fun as you might think and double standards

Fun workplace

Good place to work.Good for part timers.You will enjoy working here fun place to work the environment and co workers are friendly, you just have to do your duties and all.

Managers unqualified

Good pay if you put in the effort serving. Team members are friendly and always willing to help, except managers and general manager’s who are unqualified and prioritize profit way over customer satisfaction.

Pros

Decent tips

Cons

Poor management

Productive and fun workplace

Working there was a great experience, though kitchen work in restaurant is stressful during rush hours. They have great team, people help each other which makes it easier and comfortable.

Fast paced can be difficult for some people

Great culture and great and accommodating managementThe environment can become stressful at times and the proper procedures and standards can be difficult to follow from time to time.

Decent

Decent place to start out if you have no experience and 're looking to gain some experience.During rush hour it gets Very busy though.Didn't really learn much as most stuff was already premade by the morning shifts.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boston Pizza. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement