BOSS Lubricants Employee Reviews

Great family business with lots of oppertunity!
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary21 November 2018
Started with BOSS working in the packaging area. Over a couple years I was able to move into different departments trying new things. They helped me get my forklift license and after two years I earned the opportunity to be a supervisor. There is always room to grow in this company if you want to work hard and learn.

The staff lunches and social club are fun and they make you feel like a part of the BOSS family.
Pros
Flexibity & Career Advancement
Cons
Can get dirty
Love the job
Driver/Delivery (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 April 2018
One of the best places I have worked. You work hard you can make it far in this company. Been driving for them for over 6 years and job is great. Customers are great to get along with as well.
Pros
Job security and different challenges
Stay FAR away!
Industrial account representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 November 2017
Worst company I have ever had the "pleasure" of working for. More empty promises than a carton of fortune cookies! President / COO is the son of the founder and has very little to no business acumen but nepotism put him in charge so he has surrounded himself with a group of "yes-men" who get off on wearing cheap suits. If you look closely you will see a pattern of people eaten up and spit out.
Pros
Cons
Everything possible
management not properly trained
Industrial Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK30 May 2017
Low management experience borderline poor. Manager is in a position to dictate changes in established territories resulting in a huge advantage for the manager to in crease sales to achieve target.
Two thumbs down
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB21 April 2017
The worst job I have ever had. Very unorganized. Management was all about them selves. Unless you are family of the owners your nothing to the company. Lots of empty promises and a lot of "take one for the team" expected to cover everyone else with only a muffled thanks. I would not recommend anyone to seek employment with this company
Pros
Fuel card
Cons
Manager
Started off as a 5 Star job
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  AB12 December 2016
There were many parts of this job that I enjoyed (customers, co-workers, learning about product) but as time went on things declined. Advancements and opportunities were given to undeserving people who got ahead by stepping on others to get there. HR and upper management are not helpful and turn a blind eye to situations like harassment and bullying and there was a lot of working extra hours with no compensation or thanks which led to stress and unhappy employees.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Managements inattention and uncaring attitude to those being harrassed and bullied.
Exciting and new industrial products
Territory Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 February 2016
Territory management ,sales ,marketing ,negotiating skills. New product development great staff . Co workers were exceptional , job required selling no-name brand product to customers entrenched in branded product identification
Pros
Always new challenges
Cons
Product identification in marketplace

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BOSS Lubricants. Our community is ready to answer.

BOSS Lubricants Reviews by Location