Bose Employee Reviews

Canada19 reviews
The company itself is a really good and fair place to work, unfortunately, the company is closing its showcase stores. They pay accordingly what the market is paying but they offer, medical, dental, overtime, vacation etc.
A lot to learn from this company. Focused around People aspect. Job culture is really good and management is really helpful in shaping a person's career outlook.
The companies products and core beliefs are absolutely amazing, but the ability to advance is limited, and leadership is not aligned with the foundation of the company.
Bose was a really good way to be introduced into the technological field. Their products are considered outstanding and had taught me a lot while working for them. I mostly enjoyed talking to customers and being able to sell them these incredible and stylish products. Overall, one of the best jobs I have had the chance to work.
Company with great history. Culture is a little stuffy but has improved over the years. Need to ensure employees are given more leeway to express themselves.
Enjoyed my time with Bose. Still work for them as a Freelance Television Presenter on The Shopping Channel in Canada. They have quality products. Great!
My experience at Bose corp. was so full of fun and learning. i have attended the most amount of product training in my entire retail experience in BOSE, but loved every second there. management is very young and energetic . hardest part was to go back home from work.
Pros
very understanding management .
Cons
slow growth process
Excellent work life balance and a real sense of comraderie amongst staff members. Some out dated processes and overly convoluted methods creating an environment where sometimes things are done 'just because' as opposed to it being in the best interest of the customer or business.
Pros
Good hours, moderate salary, great culture
Cons
Management, no progression and staff hired to be expendable.
Bose was a great place to work as they had a strong belief in excellent customer service and innovative products. My day to day tasks varied but we had a strong emphasis on hitting our KPI's and delivering the best customer service possible.
In the six years that I worked for Bose, I learned more about building relationships with your customers and how it's important to do this to get repeat custom.

Management in Bose were very approachable at all levels and everyone regardless of role had a chance to voice their concerns in monthly town hall meetings.

The hardest part of my job was when we had to downsize our staff due to economic factors outside of our control, it's always difficult to let staff go when it is not performance related.

The most enjoyable part of my job is always people development. We had a low turnover of staff which gives me a lot of time to develop them and encourage them to develop themselves in the workplace. When I left, both the manager and assistant manager positions were filled by staff members that I had hired in lower positions in the company previously.
Pros
Great incentives for staff
Cons
Lack of room for job growth in Ireland at the time.
I've worked for them for over a year and had to relocate to Canada. The company is one of the best I've ever worked for, always supportive and the training they provide is amazing. I've learned a lot.
it was an amazing experience, working at bose gave me a chance to show my sales skills. it was a fun and great work environment. i really honed my sales skills there and excelled
Pros
great company and work
Cons
loss of sales due to no stock
Very unprofessional work environment, this means sexism and mild racism are seen as OK in the workplace. Bose promotes long term employment and compensates their employees well, these are good reasons to stay.
Cons
long demanding hours
Good company, great values that I would stand by everyday. The company is going through restructuring to stay competitive in todays market.
Pros
free products, good benifits
Cons
Declining morale do to company restructuring
Great support from higher Managers
Great location to work busy with traffic

Highest volume store in the company

Great employee benefits
Pros
Great discounts
Cons
Old System
place where everyone is treated like a family. good atmosphere work place and place where you learned a lot of things specially technology.
Pros
relaxed atmoshere
Cons
part time only
now i know work place safety knowledge,i got more experience in work place,but all works are temporary,now i looking for permanent jobs,
Best place I've ever worked. Management encouraged development, company is willing to invest. There are opportunities to advance. Pay & benefits good.
Pros
Alot of really intelligent, creative colleagues.
Cons
You will work hard.
The company has changed very much since Doctor Bose passed away. It's very corperate and you have a employee number for a reason.
Pros
Freedom with schedule
Cons
Always on the road
On the surface, Bose Limited is a good company with a great product that you can believe in. They have a strict high quality standard in store facilities, and their product. Bose is at heart a R&D company and manufacturer, and their foray into retail has been a challenging one.

The best parts of working for Bose are the company vision, products, and compensation. Dr Amarr Bose had a strong vision for his company, and created something great that is easy to buy into. Working for Bose you feel like part of this vision. The products are great, and innovative in many ways. Its fun to see whats new and they have a great way of making you excited about the new innovations. Plus you get to listen to music all day, how cool is that?

Compensation with Bose is great. They pay very competitively, and have some great benefits and perks. In fact I would say some of the best I have ever seen in retail electronics. Even the part time staff get benefits, and access to all the perks. For a company that is not unionized, that's amazing.

Bose Limited is the Canadian administrative wing of Bose Corporation in the USA. However the corporate structure is confusing as there are many layers within the company. The Canadian retail stores are integrated into the American districts in a confusing pattern that makes management difficult. Most communication is prepared towards the american stores, and most strategies are specific to the american market.

Because of their american focus, just watch out for yourself if your Canadian as some practices might run contrary to your provincial or federal
 - more...
Pros
Benefits for All, Competitive compensation, lots of cool perks, Awesome product, listen to music all day
Cons
Invasive Scheduling (Managers), lack of focus, Canadian stores poorly supported, poor Canadian strategy