Borics Hair Care Employee Reviews for Cosmetologist

Stressful
Cosmetologist (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor Michigan, Plymouth Rd.30 June 2018
After four years of fighting for respect. there is no consistency every six months there’s a new manager. And they hire anyone to be a manager with no experience right out of cosmetology school. I am sadly leaving this job its too stressful doesn’t provide for the working average family. They expect you to be consistent when there is no consistency and treat you as if you are a robot and Irrelevant to the company even after being with the company for 4 years. turnover is terrible stylists only stay for a couple months and then go. the ones that have been there for years get Stepped on. this is one of the most unprofessional places I have ever worked for. Even if you start as a new stylist you will not have the support you deserve and need to proceed this is not a good start up place this place really needs to get shut down or took over by a completely whole new team.
Pros
Literally I can’t think of one
Cons
Poor management, unprofessionalism
Good Place to Earn and Learn
Hairstylist/Cosmetologist (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MI23 May 2017
Borics is a very fast paced and educational environment. I would recommend any new stylist cut their teeth there. They also have great incentives/discounts to buy and stock your stylist kit.
Pros
Education
Cons
Sometimes very hectic. Very fast paced.
Would never waste my time.
Hairstylist/Cosmetologist (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PA24 June 2016
As a past employee of Regis for 4 plus years with another affliated company I was happy. I thought I would go work for bo rics never should have wasted my time with this company.as an employee experience being treated with no real respect or integrity if you don't reach there productivity expectations they toss you too the side like garbage for 7.25 an hr on a sliding scale. A joke. Treating good people who put forward an effort too make the salon better that way is just wrong I could go on but I won't. I would never recommend this company as a hairstylist or otherwise.
Pros
Customers, co-workers
Cons
Low pay, no respect, bad management or none
good place
Cosmetologist (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MI11 May 2015
friendly people and great place to work, very busy with a lot of people of different cultures. Varied work days. Long hours with few breaks.