Borics Hair Care Employee Reviews

It works for some
Stylist/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Savoy, IL17 February 2019
Good for a job, but not for a career. Goals can be met and advancement in the company is possible, but neither are worth the expense of your social life and wellbeing.
Great company
Manager (Former Employee) –  Flint, MI4 September 2018
Great company to work for. Worked for them for 6 years. Never had any issues. Staff was great. They went through some management changes when I left, so I'm not sure how the company runs now, but when I was there it was great.
Pros
Great working environment.
Cons
You only got paid on the 10th and 25th of every month.
Review of BoRics Salon
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Belleville, MI4 July 2018
BoRics was a good salon to gain a lot of experience as a hairstylist in and gain a lot of clientele. Their pay is terrible, for something you have to go to school for and beauty school is very expensive, BoRics starts out at minimum wage. They push people to sell products and up-sell treatments. I did not like having to be talked to about not selling enough hair care products to customers. If people can't afford to buy products, they won't buy them, it's as simple as that. Not a lot of people who came into that salon had a lot of money and could afford to buy a lot of hair care products.
Stressful
Cosmetologist (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor Michigan, Plymouth Rd.30 June 2018
After four years of fighting for respect. there is no consistency every six months there’s a new manager. And they hire anyone to be a manager with no experience right out of cosmetology school. I am sadly leaving this job its too stressful doesn’t provide for the working average family. They expect you to be consistent when there is no consistency and treat you as if you are a robot and Irrelevant to the company even after being with the company for 4 years. turnover is terrible stylists only stay for a couple months and then go. the ones that have been there for years get Stepped on. this is one of the most unprofessional places I have ever worked for. Even if you start as a new stylist you will not have the support you deserve and need to proceed this is not a good start up place this place really needs to get shut down or took over by a completely whole new team.
Pros
Literally I can’t think of one
Cons
Poor management, unprofessionalism
No longer in business
Stylist / Management (Former Employee) –  Beverly, MA15 April 2018
Was a great place to start working after cosmetology School, fast paced and forced you to learn cutting techniques you would not learn in a school setting.
fun work place discounts were 50% off for employees
Receptionist/Stylist (Former Employee) –  Merrionette Park, IL9 April 2018
This was a fast pace facilty. I did everything from inventory,front desk clerk,cashier,sanitation,pricing selling products and full service to clients hair.
Pros
my manager always offered incentives
Cons
many times i did not have a lunch break
Very stressful work atmosphere.
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Westland, MI15 March 2018
Employees don't get along. Also poor management need to be trained better before they let them take over stores and have to teach better people's skills. The manager there had numerous customer complaints on how they were treated.
stressful and unproductive
Salon Manager And Stylist (Current Employee) –  Flint, MI14 January 2018
pay scale does not relate well to expectations compensation and reward non-existent. I felt unwelcome this is supposed to be a family place while I was there I could not get help.
Cons
little to no balance work alone often, in a business.
Poor management
Manager (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MI23 November 2017
Worst job I ever had very poor management and they allow bullying , cut throat , poor treatment of employees , merilee is an unfair manager and treats her employees terrible , they lie to you and donor respect you
Pros
Clients
Cons
Everything else
A place that becomes your second home
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Clinton Township, MI16 October 2017
Honestly I loved working for BoRics. The staff became my second family that I still stay in contact with and have girl's nights.
The only reasons I left were because I wasn't making enough money. You do get paid an hourly rate and keep all your tips which is awesome, I was a beginner stylist with no full clientele who needed more money to put into savings and move out of my parents house.
The company is great though! I loved my time spent there. I would go back if they allowed only a few evening hours during the week without weekends, but Saturday's are mandatory
Pros
the staff, the hourly pay, the company
Cons
needed more hours and maybe not make every Saturday mandatory
Long Hour/ Fun at time
Salon Manager (Former Employee) –  Waukegan, IL12 September 2017
Busy in the morning, however most time there appointment and walking, lot of thing and product to know an work with, however the company do provide education on all there product line and workshop. Manager was ok, Saturday was busy and Sunday too.
Pros
Lot of education on new product
Cons
some time no time to eat
Good Company to work for
HairStylist (Former Employee) –  Bloomingdale, IL11 September 2017
Good Managment and nice salon to work for and I met alot of people. It was a Good Location & I had a lot of Clients. Close to my home & I did not need to drive very far.
Pros
Free Shampoo
Cons
No raises
Fun casual work place
Area Supervisor. Manager (Former Employee) –  Niles, IL15 June 2017
I was just starting out as a hair dresser and leaning about myself . Found I had a great ability to work with people . Enjoyed meeting and talking to different people . Took on a lot of responsibility at a young age .
Pros
Talking
Cons
Hard work
Productive and calm
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PA15 June 2017
Typical day at work involved doing hair, cleaning, laundry, answering the phone, booking clients, organizing the backroom, putting products out on the shelves for clients to purchase. I learned how to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment. Everyone I worked with was very easy to get along with.The most enjoyable part of the job was to see the clients happy when they left the salon.
Good Place to Earn and Learn
Hairstylist/Cosmetologist (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MI23 May 2017
Borics is a very fast paced and educational environment. I would recommend any new stylist cut their teeth there. They also have great incentives/discounts to buy and stock your stylist kit.
Pros
Education
Cons
Sometimes very hectic. Very fast paced.
Barber
Barber/Stylist (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PA11 May 2017
It was a fun atmosphere, with enthusiastic people...cutting, bleaching,perming hair.It is a good experience for new barber's just graduating and able to get a feel for the shop life.
Would never waste my time.
Hairstylist/Cosmetologist (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PA24 June 2016
As a past employee of Regis for 4 plus years with another affliated company I was happy. I thought I would go work for bo rics never should have wasted my time with this company.as an employee experience being treated with no real respect or integrity if you don't reach there productivity expectations they toss you too the side like garbage for 7.25 an hr on a sliding scale. A joke. Treating good people who put forward an effort too make the salon better that way is just wrong I could go on but I won't. I would never recommend this company as a hairstylist or otherwise.
Pros
Customers, co-workers
Cons
Low pay, no respect, bad management or none
Horrible place too work
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Borics pittsburgh15 June 2016
I can personally say I've never been hurt so much by a company that I thought cared about there people the management is backwards and twisted. I worked many days alone as a stylist including birthdays and holidays with very low pay of 7.25 an hr with no overtime pay no holidays paid and major lack of hrs. And low customer counts.I always did my best too provide exceptional customer service with a smile and was employee of the month twice and leading in retail sales during times. But once they don't need you the toss you aside. Any company that respects it's hairstylists treats them better.
This is no place for an independent thinker
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  South Bend, IN22 May 2016
I have nothing good to say concerning this company. this was my absolute worst work experience. No real professional would last very long here.
Pros
I love doing hair
Cons
sad unprofessional enviroment
Great envierment
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, IN2 November 2015
You never know what is going to walk through the door, clients were great they always made my day. I loved working with 2 girls that where with me for little over a year. The hardest part of my job was the big boss trying to staff the salon and left myself alone so therefore I left.
Pros
great clients, good co-workers
Cons
understaffed, poor mangment