Bootlegger Employee Reviews

Horrible management and company to work for
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB9 June 2019
Company and management doesn’t care about there staff. Had a horrible turn over rate. We’re never able to take time off and hours were cut from full time to part time without any notice.
Pros
Good discount
Cons
No time off, horrible hours, not enough training
Good opportunity for a first job and nothing else
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, AB16 May 2019
This was my first job and taught me a lot of important skills for working in customer service environments. After a while, I was completely miserable working here and had to leave. The management was always hovering despite my working in my position for over two years. It was such a negative environment that I could not handle going in to work there every day. In a 5 hour shift, there were no breaks, and washroom breaks were also limited to a VERY short, monitored amount of time.
Pros
learning valuable skills of the workforce
Cons
everything else
fun place to work
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Kamloops, BC13 May 2019
usually pretty busy and always moving. involves a lot of talking with many customers and never have a chance to sit down as breaks are scarce and usually pretty short.
They should have continued with their bancruptcy...
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  BC22 April 2019
A fine example of why retail is dying. High prices, bad quality and no vision. There's more to retail than just selling over-priced fast fashion. As a Canadian company, it's very disappointing to see.
Great work culture
Assistant Manager/Key holder/Sale Associate (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB27 March 2019
This is a great company to get started in retail. The management truly cares about the success of their employees and strives to ensure all employees reach their full potential.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
no commision
Don't bother
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC12 March 2019
The managers in the company are people who have no experience and should not be a manager in the first place to treat you terrible and if you ever have an actual concern and reported to head office they don't do anything about it
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Bad management
Excellent place to work and grow
SHIFT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 March 2019
The managers at bootlegger are amazing, very attentive to your needs and want to help you grow. The company has many opportunities for growth and stand by their product.
Bootlegger
Key Holder/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB1 March 2019
I was a sales supervisor in which I would maintain a professional and efficient sales environment while making it fun for the staff. Working retail in clothing takes a particular mindset and that includes being determined and being able to take criticisms and use it as feedback! Always am looking for ways to improve and am easily adaptable! I love helping and working with the community.
Pros
working with the community
Cons
confusing manegment
was busy at work juring the christmas season
Compute sales prices (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB20 February 2019
they are supper big on customer service and making it known you are there to help the customer, was very clean and organized. alot ot take in at first, but the manager was super helpful
Awful Work Environment
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, AB25 January 2019
Back in 2013, I only stayed with the company as a sales associate for two and a half months. The job itself was pretty good actually. I was quiet and a little shy but I was learning on the job with zero experience in retail; the manager knew these details about me yet still hired me. I folded clothes, assisted customers, let them know about promotions, used the cash register, etc. I made a few mistakes here and there, such as not folding something properly or accidentally putting a shirt in the wrong spot in the store. Overall, I'd rate myself as a sales associate a 7/10; never late and was polite to customers and did my job to the best of my ability. Worst part was the cattiness, shallow, high-school-like environment I was working in with my coworkers and manager. I graduated high school that June and I thought I escaped all the drama...nope. They talked behind my back(and in front of me about me) and whenever I rarely did something wrong, they were pretty aggressive about it. The break hours were also wrong...I had a 15min for lunch for an 8 hr shift, but on our busiest days and when I'd work longer hours(10-12 hrs) I would still only get the 15 min. I have avoided that place like the plague since I quit...overall rating 3/10. I'm being honest, this is the worst job I have ever had.
Pros
Enjoyed the actual job of being an associate
Cons
Strongly disliked the work environment/co workers
Amazing management and loving work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB30 October 2018
I absolutely loved working at bootlegger. Excluding one assistant manager I loved every manager that I worked with. Everyone is very loving and accepting and they do everything in their power to work with you rather than against you. The discounts were awesome and I would and always will recommend a job within this company. The shifts can be long but it’s so worth it at the end of the day. Very positive work environment
Pros
Awesome management and great discounts
Cons
Hard to advance within the company, long shifts
Fun, Fast-Paced, and Flexible
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  London, ON26 October 2018
I have worked with Bootlegger for 4 years and have advanced through the ranks very quickly. They were flexible with my school schedule when I was in school and have provided me with enough hours now that I am not in school. They were accommodating when I was sick. The management is always helpful and the team environment is wonderful. Hardest part of the job would be the slow periods after Christmas and in the evenings.
Pros
Helpful Management, Flexible Hours, Team Environment
Cons
Slow Periods
Fun Work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 September 2018
It is a fun high-school job. The hardest part is having to meet the sales goals. Workplace culture is okay. The employee discount is amazing! Management depends on the location you work at.
Feels like a family but poor management system
SENIOR WEB GRAPHIC DESIGNER (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC25 August 2018
Fast-paced daily email creative + all graphics for the website + social media platforms.

Learned a lot about how the retail industry works.

Poor management system after the new president was hired.
Pros
Flex Friday
Cons
Cancelled Flex Friday
organized and smooth running
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Cranbrook, BC3 July 2018
Even though some staff members where not so friendly, was a easy job to help out over the holidays. management was willing to give as many shifts as needed and worked well with my schedule.
Alright
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NS31 May 2018
Working at Bootlegger was ok. I was not however a big fan of management. Kind of belittling. Loved my job as an associate at first but as the time went on I felt more and more out of place.
Awesome!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB5 May 2018
A Great company to work for! Very comfortable workplace environment. Very hands on management who genuinely care for you and look out for your well being.
Fun environment occasionally, but sometimes not a great place to work.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK19 April 2018
Some days were fun, but it was pretty micro-managed. Quite a bit of back stabbing within the employees. Getting tired of quite a few things at Bootlegger. Management (Manager, Assistant managers, and shift managers) were quite often hypocritical. There were good and bad days.There has been quite a few days where it was so bad that I wanted to up and quit. I definitely learned a lot, for example, great customer service, folding clothes fast and neatly, and I have gotten pretty fast at ringing through people at the till. The hardest part of the job would be dealing with unsatisfied customers who don't like the policies or getting along with some coworkers. I have learned to just take a couple deep breathes and just do as you're told. The most enjoyable parts of the job were seeing friends, having good laughs when everyone was in good moods, stock, talking to some customers, especially the bootlegger regulars.
Pros
Food court in the mall, everyone was friendly, and it can be a pretty chill environment.
Cons
You don't get paid for your breaks and you had to pay for parking.
idk
Stock Person (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL7 April 2018
was great working here, no complaints about management or attitudes, everyone was treated equal and fairly. Would highly recommend anyone to work for this company.
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing
Bootlegger
Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort St. John, BC5 April 2018
Didn’t enjoy not being treated nicely, was always on time showed up early and even stayed late, and was never treated nicely by anyone in head office.
Pros
Great discount
Cons
Bad head office

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bootlegger. Our community is ready to answer.