Bootlegger Employee Reviews

Awesome!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB5 May 2018
A Great company to work for! Very comfortable workplace environment. Very hands on management who genuinely care for you and look out for your well being.
idk
Stock Person (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL7 April 2018
was great working here, no complaints about management or attitudes, everyone was treated equal and fairly. Would highly recommend anyone to work for this company.
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing
Bootlegger
Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort St. John, BC5 April 2018
Didn’t enjoy not being treated nicely, was always on time showed up early and even stayed late, and was never treated nicely by anyone in head office.
Pros
Great discount
Cons
Bad head office
Overall a pretty good company to work for.
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB26 March 2018
Bootlegger was a pretty good company to work for. One of the employees were very judgmental and made me feel uncomfortable. Management was phenomenal and I didn't have a problem with any of the other workers.
Pros
Management was very nice.
Cons
One of the employees were very judgmental
Fun environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC21 March 2018
Some days were slow, some were busy. Hardest part of the day were the people. Most enjoyable, helping people find clothes and having them leave with a smile on their face.
Pros
Discount
Cons
people
Fun job, but bad management.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK13 March 2018
I really enjoyed working there but I was constantly treated poorly by my manager. I felt like I was accused of a lot of things I didn't do and just felt like they didn't treat all of their employees equally.
Pros
Good discounts, friendly co workers.
Cons
Bad management
Awesome place to be hired at
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC27 February 2018
Bootlegger is an enjoyable atmosphere to work in. I learned many things about management and customer service by working here. The hardest part about the job is leaving, I am part of an amazing loving team! I enjoyed how stress free the position was and how comfortable I was with Management and other team members.
Pros
Good team and management
Cons
Quality of clothing
Exciting shift everytime
SALES ASSOCIATE & CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON21 January 2018
Amazing place to work. The culture was fast paced, but working with a friendly tam environment made it extremely welcoming and exciting to go work for the company. I was disappointed when the Oshawa, Ontario location had closed because it was such an amazing place to work. Our management was very sweet, and understanding.
Pros
treats during the holidays
Marketing Team @ Head office
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC11 January 2018
This is the most disorganized company i have ever worked for. The current head of the company and head of the marketing team don't understand current trends or how to implement new ideas to make the company grow and profit. Management is terrible and shady. Constantly pushing boundaries on job roles to see how much money they can save by making employees take on extra work. Turnover is astronomical. 8 people in ONE YEAR quit from the marketing team, from a team consisting of only 12 roles. If you like constant stress and belittlement from management, this is the place for you!
Cons
terrible management
bad
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON10 January 2018
barrie, ON bootlegger is awful. DO NOT work there the management is very rude and harsh, very critical of associates when they make a mistake. management not fair when giving out shifts...takes no one into consideration. bad work environment.everyone is stressed/scared of management
Pros
good staff discount
Cons
bad management
small company that was great to work for!
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON7 January 2018
small Canadian Company that was a pleasure to work for! When I first started working for Bootlegger there was plenty of room for advancement and recognition, Upper management was well liked and involved in many day to day operations. Work life balance was great until they were sold last year. Much more nights and weekends when traffic and busy times were not through these hours.
Lots of freedom to run the store like your own. Letting you market and promote to an exent to build your clientel and customer base. For a fun outgioing student the pt position was fun! Sales and quotas were to be meet but lots of incentive to do so.
Productive work and kind employees
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 December 2017
On average I work with 100+ people a day. Staff is nice and easy to get along with and customers are usually friendly and easy to help. Ages 30 and up usually visit the store.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
inconvenient hours
Enjoyable
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC5 December 2017
They have a really good discount for employees, and genuinely good benefits. The company itself makes you feel like they value their employees. I had the chance to talk to a number of different managers both over the phone and in person and they're all pleasant, the BDL (Area manager) is genuinely very aware of how her stores are doing and is ahead of the game with certain things.
Good Staff
RETAIL SALES CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB20 November 2017
The staff here were very nice and helpful. Management was a different story. Very few hours for students. Students treated like second class citizens,
Pros
Good Staff
Cons
Bad mamagement
Mostly fun work environment
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB12 November 2017
This job has given me many life skills and has left me with some lifelong friends. It was fun most of the time but more towards the end of my time here, I found that the workplace community wasn't as stable as I originally thought. For the most part, it was easy to love this job but there were complications brought to my attention after being there for a while. There was a struggle for professionalism some days but overall, a pretty good job.
Pros
Discount on store merchandise, life skills
Cons
lack of professionalism, not a lot of hours
I love the people
Sales Associate (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 October 2017
Great work environment, the thing that sucked the most was the customers. lovely people, simple job. great first job experience. I recommend this as a starter job.
Amazing workplace and atmosphere
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC6 October 2017
Working for Bootlegger is an awesome experience. They truly care about their employees as well as their customers. They are passionate about their culture and they are always willing to train employees for advancement!
Small division of the Comark Brand. A brand that seems to be unsure of its direction. The assortment is good however could be better.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB20 September 2017
The culture is selling and merchandising. The main feature is denim.There is not much development however there is training that comes with selling and selling of denim.
Great workplace
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK3 September 2017
Great workplace, loved my co workers, work was fun and enjoyable. very flexible scheduling when needed. Learnt great people skills and how to assist others.
Pros
great co workers
Cons
the skin care kiosk outside of the store
productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  London, ON24 August 2017
A typical day would be helping customers find clothes and accessorize their outfits. I learned how to handle money as well as more customer service skills. Everyone at bootlegger made you feel welcome and it was always like a big family. The hardest days for me was the early mornings when we got new shipment in. I loved talking with customers and helping them accessorize, it was the best part of my day.
Pros
50% off our clothes
Cons
not enough hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bootlegger. Our community is ready to answer.