Bootlegger

Bootlegger Employee Reviews

Canada108 reviews
productive and positive work environment
everyone was very friendly and helpful being positive in the work environment was good throughout the place I learned to greet more people as they came in
helping customers and encouraging personal style
Greet customers and help them fine merchandise they're looking for. form working at bootlegger i learned to handle and help multiple costumers at the same time with ease. i also learned to make me own personal sales goals and accomplish them. the management team was honesty my biggest supporter, the whole store was like a big family that support one another to reaching their sales goals. the over all job was amazing, i learned a lot about the work place and how a retail businesses functions and I've grown form my experience there.
Good workplace, HORRIBLE Management
The actual workplace is fun and it was a decent place to work, but the management was terrible, a manger that had no idea how to run a store and talked behind all the employees backs.
Pros
Fun workplace, Discount
Cons
Management, No room for growth
Good for a short period
Loved this job at the beginning. I did learn a lot and loved it there honestly. However after a while our employees started trickling off one by one. Managers and DM’s can be demeaning and misunderstanding. I kept pushing to advance but never got there after months and months of working hard. They just kept hiring even when they didn’t need to. Good job to get some experience under your belt but do not stick around and expect to advance or be cared about as a person.expectsions are ridiculously high and can be stressful to meet for minimum wage
Great workplace
Working there was a great time made my life better however the management was inconsiderate and by all means was a joke. Made my life heell and then fired me.
Nice coworkers and customers
It was a good job, however i don't think it was for me because we had goals and had to make sales which was stressful since if we didnt meet our goals we would be let go
Pretty Good Place to Work
I liked working at Bootlegger for the most part. My coworkers were great and I actually liked going to work most days. Customers were pretty polite for the most part but I did have my fair share of rude ones but overall I liked the job. However I started school and it was difficult balancing work and school as I couldn't request days off.
nice people to work with.
the management was the main reason i liked it there, helped out a lot when you needed a bit of help figuring things out, overall good experience during busy Christmas season
Horrible to work there
Lots of judgement, very slow and dead, horrible manager. Very little team work, you are NOT allowed to talk to any employees, but the ones who have been there for a long time can stand around and chat and treat you like a slave. Worst job I’ve ever had.
Bad management
Easy friends made, good co workers- management was bad and lost a lot of workers to keep 1 manager, they made you feel like your not important so i left
Such A Great Atmosphere To Work In
Very nice place to work, had gained lots of experience working in this establishment, I learned a lot more customer skills and how to approach a customer with smile and a proper greeting.
Pros
Great Staff, Very flexible with hours
Cons
Not a whole lot of room in our backroom/ lunch area
A great place to work and make friends
I really enjoyed this job, I had worked there for a decent amount of time so I became quite established. This led me to make connections with many of the regular customers, I knew a lot about the product so I could be informative to customers and newer employees. My manager gradually ended up giving me more responsibility with store closing and training and receiving shipments, etc. The hours were very flexible and with my seniority my manager was incredible accommodating if I needed to change my schedule, I was also very frequently asked to cover for other employees and often accepted, although I did have complete opportunity to say no. There was some turnover with the seasonal employees (which I started out as) but most of us stuck around and we became friends. We had team incentives and the managers often pulled them out of their own pockets. Holidays were hard work but we functioned exceptionally well as a team. I felt respected and valued as an employee which I value a lot, no matter where I work.
Pros
Always snacks in break room, work friends
Cons
Minimum wage
Working at bootlegger was very educating.
I met a lot of amazing people working at bootlegger. There were many ups, many downs. But overall was a educating experience.

I would have to say the most enjoyable part of the working there was helping the customers. I am very outgoing and love to make people smile. As well as some of the relationships with co workers ill have forever!
Horrible management and company to work for
Company and management doesn’t care about there staff. Had a horrible turn over rate. We’re never able to take time off and hours were cut from full time to part time without any notice.
Pros
Good discount
Cons
No time off, horrible hours, not enough training
Good opportunity for a first job and nothing else
This was my first job and taught me a lot of important skills for working in customer service environments. After a while, I was completely miserable working here and had to leave. The management was always hovering despite my working in my position for over two years. It was such a negative environment that I could not handle going in to work there every day. In a 5 hour shift, there were no breaks, and washroom breaks were also limited to a VERY short, monitored amount of time.
Pros
learning valuable skills of the workforce
Cons
everything else
fun place to work
usually pretty busy and always moving. involves a lot of talking with many customers and never have a chance to sit down as breaks are scarce and usually pretty short.
They should have continued with their bancruptcy...
A fine example of why retail is dying. High prices, bad quality and no vision. There's more to retail than just selling over-priced fast fashion. As a Canadian company, it's very disappointing to see.
Great work culture
This is a great company to get started in retail. The management truly cares about the success of their employees and strives to ensure all employees reach their full potential.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
no commision
Don't bother
The managers in the company are people who have no experience and should not be a manager in the first place to treat you terrible and if you ever have an actual concern and reported to head office they don't do anything about it
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Bad management
Excellent place to work and grow
The managers at bootlegger are amazing, very attentive to your needs and want to help you grow. The company has many opportunities for growth and stand by their product.
Bootlegger
I was a sales supervisor in which I would maintain a professional and efficient sales environment while making it fun for the staff. Working retail in clothing takes a particular mindset and that includes being determined and being able to take criticisms and use it as feedback! Always am looking for ways to improve and am easily adaptable! I love helping and working with the community.
Pros
working with the community
Cons
confusing manegment