Booster Juice Management reviews

Incredible boss and work experience
Smoothie Maker (Current Employee) –  Mount Pearl, NL6 November 2018
The boss of both Conception Bay South and Mount Pearl locations is one of the most amazing, accommodating and down to earth men I’ve ever met. By far the best boss I’ve ever had. Really knows his staff and cares for their concerns. I recommend this job to anyone!
Pros
Amazing boss and management
Cons
Not much growth
Yvr
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC3 November 2018
Management is very negative. A lot is expected from you but zero appreciation for workers. Inconsistent shift dates (date changes without management asking if you are ok to work those days). In store manager and supervisor are unreliable. Management makes you feel horrible for calling in sick because there is only enough staff to work a specific shift - no back ups. New hiree’s are not trained properly resulting in you doing their work for them (no time for your break). This job is for someone who doesn’t have a lot going on in their life and can devote their time to this store. Overall my time in this location was not so pleasant.
Pros
Free smoothies / food
Cons
Inconsistent, poor management
Horrible management at the Orillia location
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON17 October 2018
Booster juice would easily be a wonderful place to work but, the management and owner at the Orillia location make that hard to accomplish. The manager only seems to care about starting drama within the staff, always making up rumours and spreading private information about staff members. The manager is clearly disliked by the customers as there have been mant complaints and there has been no action done about it. This would be due to the lack of responsibility taken by the owner. The owners is barely around to make sure the store is running smoothly. The owner seems to only hire friends or children of friends. The owner fails to comply with giving employees breaks and constantly schedules employees to work long shifts (10-11 hours) and would even schedule employees to work during hours of school. When the employees told the owner that they are scheduled within school hours, the owner would blame the employees and expect them to work the shift rather than fix the issue. The owner very clearly favourites certain members of the staff and those staff members use that to their advantage. The booster juice in Orillia is very poorly run and all of the past and current employees could confirm that.
Pros
Easy, Paid a bit more than minimum wage
Cons
horrible management
FUn environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orleans, ON16 October 2018
Really quick pace job, but fun environment to work in.
Every employee was enjoyable and eager to learn.
Management was always there making sure everything was running smooth and that every customer was served properly.
horrible managment and benefits
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 October 2018
This place has the WORST management. super unfriendly, they don’t care about you one bit, they expect you to know EVERYTHING and bully you if you make mistakes. The job itself is easy and a great way to learn customer service, but the management team was the whole reason i quit. The benefits are also HORRIBLE, and they only give you half an hour for break which is unpaid. you only get one drink a day, (why not wraps??????) that is absolutely ridiculous hence the amount of work they make us do. Management just sits there and watches but never bother to get up and help. They schedule you horribly and you will sometimes be left alone to work while its busy. Please respect yourself and find another job bc they are not worth it!!! from a former crew member, quit and never made a better decision :)
Pros
good customer service
Cons
horrible management, horrible benefits, horrible everything
Negative, disrespectful, unappreciative work environment.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB28 September 2018
Mgmt would fight with each other in store and in front of customers/ staff; they would get worked up very easily and almost throw a temper-tantrum. Part time staff treated poorly, mgmt wanted students to prioritize work over school. Work was easy, regular customers get to know your name and appreciate when you know their orders. mgmt and workplace culture was negative and immature. The hardest part of the job was dealing with grumpy mgmt and coworkers. Trying to smile at coworkers who won't even return a hello. The most enjoyable part of the job was the regular customers and free smoothies.
Pros
Free smoothies
Cons
grumpy management, rude coworkers.
Awesome
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 September 2018
I learned many skills in time management, efficiency, and great customer service. Love working with the people and bringing great customer service to customers. Only thing I disliked was I worked alone most of the time while closing and being busy. It is really exhausting and that was my biggest dissatisfaction but overall, it was a great first job.
Decent place to work
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB8 September 2018
I loved working here when I first started but as the months went on we became very understaffed and they were too cheap to hire anyone so the hours and shifts began to be a pain. The manager gives himself the best shifts as everyone else is working terrible shifts. The job itself is nice but the management is terrible. The manager does not respond to problems the store is having and everything is left to employees who have no idea how to handle such problems.
Pros
Free smoothie every shift, chill work vibe
Cons
Terrible management, understaffed, terrible scheduling
fun and super chill place to work
Barista/Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL24 August 2018
this was my first job and working at booster juice isnt hard, and the co workers are good to work with when they pull their weight. i learned lots while ive been working here especially how to handle customers with lots of needs and questions. the management is pretty chill and lenient with giving time off and is very understanding. understaffed often so i always get more shifts than i actually want and can take on while balancing everything going on in my personal life. one bad thing about working here is you dont get proper breaks. ive worked 7, 8, and 9 hour shifts without a break or a second to sit down, and 12 hour shifts with one half hour break. the hardest part of the job is dealing with rude customers and the best part is forming a connection with regulars and putting a smile on someones face:)
Pros
free smoothie every shift, super chill place to work
Cons
you dont get proper breaks for the hours you work, schedule often comes out late
Productive and clean
Part-time employment (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK18 August 2018
The management was great and the store was always very clean. I learned that it takes a lot to please someone and to be perfect. Management was good for the most part. I enjoyed the cleanliness. The hardest part of the job was seeing what goes into the smoothies and food and seeing how some aren't even healthy.
Pros
Free smoothies and food
Cons
hours get cut a lot
Productive fun workplace, fast paste
Crew Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON14 August 2018
Always Fun shifts with fair hour! Met lots of new people enjoyed seeing people happy when I gave them a smoothie. Location was great management were always very pleasant and up beat to work with.
Pros
Free Smoothies
Cons
Easy job but very boring
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 August 2018
You are unlikely to ever get more than minimum wage and it is usually only busy for a few months per year so it can be incredibly boring: one customer per hour sometimes. The staff were nice but management was not flexible with my schedule and constantly scheduled outside of my availability, so I would only get 20-25 hours/week when I was promised full time, but they would say they gave me full time but I had to drop shifts because they weren't within my availability.
Pros
Free smoothies, very easy job
Cons
No advancement, slow and boring
Unprofessional and unorthodox management
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Duncan, BC30 July 2018
The Job its self was simple and fun once you got the hang of it. Manager would become belligerent in front of customers, constantly embarrassing employees for small mistakes and was cheap on all ingredients (constantly received complaints).
Pros
Free smoothie
Cons
Too many to count due to poor management
Fun place to work at
Smoothie Maker (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON11 July 2018
I had lots of fun working here but decided to part from the job just due to the fact that I was looking for better work. I did not enjoy the management just because I felt as though not all the workers were treated as equal.
Pros
Fun Job Culture
Cons
Unfair Management
Fast paced work environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB20 June 2018
Was a great part-time job during school with a good positive work environment. Staff was friendly and regular loyal customers. Management was difficult and lacked involvement.
Maybe don't work here
Cashier and Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Dawson Creek, BC19 June 2018
Upon hiring, there is no training by any of the senior staff, very little by the other staff due to it being voluntary. No management what soever. Manager is rarely at the actual store location and isn't easy to get ahold of by telephone either. Manager is unprofessional around employees and takes not action in any for of reprimandation. You will always be told to be assertive about taking action yourself but usually ends up being written up due to the fact your coworkers claim hostility. the management is also very slow to set you into the systems and you have to be very diligent on recording your hours. tips are never scheduled and you'll never know when you'll get them. Hour and shift changes happen without any notification to the employees. Manager doesn't show up to meetings. Cleaning standards are incredibly low until management is informed of head office visits. you will lose a lot of hours if the manager doesn't like you and they rarely fire people, they just squeeze off your hours until you're force to quit. But they will fire you if you stay too long if that goes on too long. They'll never hire new people unless you corner them, you will be understaffed, overworked and working 11 hours a day with no break. there was a point when they offered gift cards to those who came in on days off but they never recorded when people came in, not a lot of us ended up getting what we should have gotten. Even if you get surgery and a doctor note. unless you get someone to cover your shift, you have to come in.
Pros
uh, not much
Cons
no manager, everything else
Not fun at all
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON19 June 2018
Threatened staff to quit their outside activities to be able to work what he wanted them to work. The owner is incredible rude and picks his favourites and treats everyone else unfair. Liked working with the public but left with the same experience and knowledge I had when I started
Cons
no lunches
fun workplace, nice customers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 June 2018
*Work the cash register
*cleaned dishes
*stocked inventory
*Made drinks for customers

The management team could have been better.
Usually get regular customers, therefore you get to build a bond
You begin to learn how to modify original drinks to customers needs
Pros
Welcoming environment and free drinks every shift
Cons
Bad management
It's The Booster Juice
Employee (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB14 June 2018
If you're a young, attractive person, you will be hired at the Booster Juice. The locations I worked at did not have very diverse staff, and management was very biased as to who was hired. Workplace culture is savage, and you may get eaten alive if you aren't nice to the right people. That being said, the hours are flexible, and management is pretty forgiving.
I wish I could work this job forever
Barista/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON4 June 2018
My favourite place to work. Amazing benefits, amazing management, amazing customers. Whenever people ask me how I liked working at booster juice I always tell them if I could work there for more than minimum wage forever I would. The owners care about their employees and that makes all the difference.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Booster Juice. Our community is ready to answer.