Booster Juice Management reviews

fun and super chill place to work
Barista/Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL24 August 2018
this was my first job and working at booster juice isnt hard, and the co workers are good to work with when they pull their weight. i learned lots while ive been working here especially how to handle customers with lots of needs and questions. the management is pretty chill and lenient with giving time off and is very understanding. understaffed often so i always get more shifts than i actually want and can take on while balancing everything going on in my personal life. one bad thing about working here is you dont get proper breaks. ive worked 7, 8, and 9 hour shifts without a break or a second to sit down, and 12 hour shifts with one half hour break. the hardest part of the job is dealing with rude customers and the best part is forming a connection with regulars and putting a smile on someones face:)
Pros
free smoothie every shift, super chill place to work
Cons
you dont get proper breaks for the hours you work, schedule often comes out late
Productive and clean
Part-time employment (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK18 August 2018
The management was great and the store was always very clean. I learned that it takes a lot to please someone and to be perfect. Management was good for the most part. I enjoyed the cleanliness. The hardest part of the job was seeing what goes into the smoothies and food and seeing how some aren't even healthy.
Pros
Free smoothies and food
Cons
hours get cut a lot
Productive fun workplace, fast paste
Crew Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON14 August 2018
Always Fun shifts with fair hour! Met lots of new people enjoyed seeing people happy when I gave them a smoothie. Location was great management were always very pleasant and up beat to work with.
Pros
Free Smoothies
Cons
Easy job but very boring
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 August 2018
You are unlikely to ever get more than minimum wage and it is usually only busy for a few months per year so it can be incredibly boring: one customer per hour sometimes. The staff were nice but management was not flexible with my schedule and constantly scheduled outside of my availability, so I would only get 20-25 hours/week when I was promised full time, but they would say they gave me full time but I had to drop shifts because they weren't within my availability.
Pros
Free smoothies, very easy job
Cons
No advancement, slow and boring
Unprofessional and unorthodox management
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Duncan, BC30 July 2018
The Job its self was simple and fun once you got the hang of it. Manager would become belligerent in front of customers, constantly embarrassing employees for small mistakes and was cheap on all ingredients (constantly received complaints).
Pros
Free smoothie
Cons
Too many to count due to poor management
Fun place to work at
Smoothie Maker (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON11 July 2018
I had lots of fun working here but decided to part from the job just due to the fact that I was looking for better work. I did not enjoy the management just because I felt as though not all the workers were treated as equal.
Pros
Fun Job Culture
Cons
Unfair Management
Fast paced work environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB20 June 2018
Was a great part-time job during school with a good positive work environment. Staff was friendly and regular loyal customers. Management was difficult and lacked involvement.
Maybe don't work here
Cashier and Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Dawson Creek, BC19 June 2018
Upon hiring, there is no training by any of the senior staff, very little by the other staff due to it being voluntary. No management what soever. Manager is rarely at the actual store location and isn't easy to get ahold of by telephone either. Manager is unprofessional around employees and takes not action in any for of reprimandation. You will always be told to be assertive about taking action yourself but usually ends up being written up due to the fact your coworkers claim hostility. the management is also very slow to set you into the systems and you have to be very diligent on recording your hours. tips are never scheduled and you'll never know when you'll get them. Hour and shift changes happen without any notification to the employees. Manager doesn't show up to meetings. Cleaning standards are incredibly low until management is informed of head office visits. you will lose a lot of hours if the manager doesn't like you and they rarely fire people, they just squeeze off your hours until you're force to quit. But they will fire you if you stay too long if that goes on too long. They'll never hire new people unless you corner them, you will be understaffed, overworked and working 11 hours a day with no break. there was a point when they offered gift cards to those who came in on days off but they never recorded when people came in, not a lot of us ended up getting what we should have gotten. Even if you get surgery and a doctor note. unless you get someone to cover your shift, you have to come in.
Pros
uh, not much
Cons
no manager, everything else
Not fun at all
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON19 June 2018
Threatened staff to quit their outside activities to be able to work what he wanted them to work. The owner is incredible rude and picks his favourites and treats everyone else unfair. Liked working with the public but left with the same experience and knowledge I had when I started
Cons
no lunches
fun workplace, nice customers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 June 2018
*Work the cash register
*cleaned dishes
*stocked inventory
*Made drinks for customers

The management team could have been better.
Usually get regular customers, therefore you get to build a bond
You begin to learn how to modify original drinks to customers needs
Pros
Welcoming environment and free drinks every shift
Cons
Bad management
It's The Booster Juice
Employee (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB14 June 2018
If you're a young, attractive person, you will be hired at the Booster Juice. The locations I worked at did not have very diverse staff, and management was very biased as to who was hired. Workplace culture is savage, and you may get eaten alive if you aren't nice to the right people. That being said, the hours are flexible, and management is pretty forgiving.
I wish I could work this job forever
Barista/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON4 June 2018
My favourite place to work. Amazing benefits, amazing management, amazing customers. Whenever people ask me how I liked working at booster juice I always tell them if I could work there for more than minimum wage forever I would. The owners care about their employees and that makes all the difference.
Productive and problems
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK4 June 2018
It could have been just the store I worked at but there was lazy employees(not doing there job). Bad Management, cockroaches due to the mall having them.
Pros
2 Free Regular Smoothies or Meal and Smoothie.
Cons
Short hours, bad management.
okay place to work.
Cashier (Part-time) food prep (Former Employee) –  west Kelowna, BC25 May 2018
worked at 2 different booster juices and each one had horrible management and of course many horrible customers. also can be very stress full at times.
Pros
one free smoothie
Cons
on feet all hours of shift
Working at Booster Juice
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 May 2018
Overall a good place to work at, the atmosphere was nice, however management was sketchy at times and we had to pay whenever something went missing (out of our tips). So for example to cover a lid cost we all had to, at the end of the day, place all of the tips we got for that day into this cup.
I doubt this is an official franchise policy however, so if you have good managers, I doubt they'll make you do this. The environment is fun, smoothies are generally easy to remember, and we got free customizable smoothies which was always great.
Pros
Free smoothies, hours were reasonable, easy to get used to
Cons
Sketchy management, horrible customers at times
Excellent experience!
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON17 May 2018
I have worked at two different locations for Booster Juice. The first was for 1 year at the Pen Center mall, and the second for the duration of a school year at Brock University. In terms of pay and hours it was a typical minimum wage job. The work place atmosphere was wonderful, everyone there wants to work hard and hope for the best of there teammates. The only difference was the management. The first location were young kids, not much older than myself, who had never run a business before so there were some understandable hiccups. The location at Brock University was managed by a seasoned team of operations.
Pros
A free Smoothie
Unfit work environment
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON16 May 2018
the space you work in is so small and there is no air conditioning so it gets super hot and the managers dont care about their employees unless they are culturally similar
Not worth it for the bad management and low pay
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC14 May 2018
The first manager I had was very nice, understanding, and laidback. However, once management changed the new owner was not very friendly to the staff and was very strict about rules. This resulted in an extreme shift in the work atmosphere from a happy to a stressful workplace. Most of the staff there was pretty friendly and young, so it was a fun environment for a first job, although most of the staff has changed since then due to the management change. Shifts would range from 4-8 hours and would often change from week to week. Most of the time people would work their shifts without taking any breaks, however breaks were allowed. The pay is good for a first job (minimum wage), but very little room for growth as I was there a significant time and only got one small raise. Overall, the experience is very dependent on the management and the staff at the time.
Pros
Free drinks, coworkers
Cons
Poor management, bad pay
Fun and comfortable work environment
Key Holder and Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON4 May 2018
I have worked at Boosterjuice for over three years now and love it! Management is very understanding and the workplace culture is comfortable and fun. You work with great people.
Worst company ever
Former warehouse supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 April 2018
The worst company ever. The management shouldn't work as management. They make booster juice name bad. Worked there for 2 months to get the new building setup and let me go for no reason.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Booster Juice. Our community is ready to answer.