Booster Juice Employee Reviews

horrible managment and benefits
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 October 2018
This place has the WORST management. super unfriendly, they don’t care about you one bit, they expect you to know EVERYTHING and bully you if you make mistakes. The job itself is easy and a great way to learn customer service, but the management team was the whole reason i quit. The benefits are also HORRIBLE, and they only give you half an hour for break which is unpaid. you only get one drink a day, (why not wraps??????) that is absolutely ridiculous hence the amount of work they make us do. Management just sits there and watches but never bother to get up and help. They schedule you horribly and you will sometimes be left alone to work while its busy. Please respect yourself and find another job bc they are not worth it!!! from a former crew member, quit and never made a better decision :)
Pros
good customer service
Cons
horrible management, horrible benefits, horrible everything
Good starting job for students
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Orleans, ON26 November 2018
The job itself is simple and easy.
Shifts are flexible and employees are pretty friendly.
Employees get discount at where they work at.
You can get to know customers.
Pros
Free smoothie for minimum 4hrs shift
Cons
Memorizing all the smoothies and being able to explain some benefits of nutrition when customers ask
Not worth it for the bad management and low pay
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC14 May 2018
The first manager I had was very nice, understanding, and laidback. However, once management changed the new owner was not very friendly to the staff and was very strict about rules. This resulted in an extreme shift in the work atmosphere from a happy to a stressful workplace. Most of the staff there was pretty friendly and young, so it was a fun environment for a first job, although most of the staff has changed since then due to the management change. Shifts would range from 4-8 hours and would often change from week to week. Most of the time people would work their shifts without taking any breaks, however breaks were allowed. The pay is good for a first job (minimum wage), but very little room for growth as I was there a significant time and only got one small raise. Overall, the experience is very dependent on the management and the staff at the time.
Pros
Free drinks, coworkers
Cons
Poor management, bad pay
Good First Job
Barista/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Alberta17 August 2018
The work environment is very good, although the salary and the hours given leave something to be desired. Working at this company does however offer free smoothies provided your work shift is long enough.
Pros
Free smoothies
Cons
Lack of hours
Booster
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  North York, ON14 August 2018
Love working there, it has a serene workplace, enjoyable.lovely managers , interaction with customers. Benefits etc love it flexible hours and a free smoothie a day
Pros
Free smoothie and tips
Cons
Busy
I wish I could work this job forever
Barista/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON4 June 2018
My favourite place to work. Amazing benefits, amazing management, amazing customers. Whenever people ask me how I liked working at booster juice I always tell them if I could work there for more than minimum wage forever I would. The owners care about their employees and that makes all the difference.
Easy job but very boring
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 August 2018
You are unlikely to ever get more than minimum wage and it is usually only busy for a few months per year so it can be incredibly boring: one customer per hour sometimes. The staff were nice but management was not flexible with my schedule and constantly scheduled outside of my availability, so I would only get 20-25 hours/week when I was promised full time, but they would say they gave me full time but I had to drop shifts because they weren't within my availability.
Pros
Free smoothies, very easy job
Cons
No advancement, slow and boring
Negative, disrespectful, unappreciative work environment.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB28 September 2018
Mgmt would fight with each other in store and in front of customers/ staff; they would get worked up very easily and almost throw a temper-tantrum. Part time staff treated poorly, mgmt wanted students to prioritize work over school. Work was easy, regular customers get to know your name and appreciate when you know their orders. mgmt and workplace culture was negative and immature. The hardest part of the job was dealing with grumpy mgmt and coworkers. Trying to smile at coworkers who won't even return a hello. The most enjoyable part of the job was the regular customers and free smoothies.
Pros
Free smoothies
Cons
grumpy management, rude coworkers.
hectic
Full time senior staff member/ store front (Former Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ON20 November 2018
the whole operation is very hectic but your employees make it worth it.
a lot of micro managing from the people that have been there the longest and that causes a lot of drama in the end.
not a lot of room for physical advancement, but you can get recognition advancement very quickly through hard work.
Pros
half off smoothie
Cons
management is hectic and disrespectful sometimes
Management was sketchy & not supportive of young workers
Barista/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 November 2018
I got hired at booster juice where the private owners had two or three locations, the girls working there all seemed to be working for them for x period of time and were not very friendly or helpful when training. Everything was fine until I messed up a smoothie and put it in their "waste bucket" that was not company wide used, and was weirdly looked down upon for adding to the bucket until i was fired without explanation. (I thought she was gonna cut my pay for the smoothie lol) With a 2 sentence email I was let go, and in response I kindly said I understood and asked if she could explain why she decided to let me go for future reference for job searching as a young women of colour looking for a job in Toronto. She never replied to me, and it's sad because i live right down the street and do not give money to their business anymore and encourage my friends and family not too.
Pros
seemed to be flexible
Cons
sketchy, unsupportive, bad experience
Yvr
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC3 November 2018
Management is very negative. A lot is expected from you but zero appreciation for workers. Inconsistent shift dates (date changes without management asking if you are ok to work those days). In store manager and supervisor are unreliable. Management makes you feel horrible for calling in sick because there is only enough staff to work a specific shift - no back ups. New hiree’s are not trained properly resulting in you doing their work for them (no time for your break). This job is for someone who doesn’t have a lot going on in their life and can devote their time to this store. Overall my time in this location was not so pleasant.
Pros
Free smoothies / food
Cons
Inconsistent, poor management
Great environment, amazing people and an overall great work experience.
Barista/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON26 November 2018
A typical work day would be arriving at work around 10 minutes before start time so you can put your belongings away in the back and catch up what needs to be done during your shift. I learned how to memorize smoothies and how to make the food items that we serve such as wraps, panini's and yogurt bowls. Management is great. Are able to teach at the speed you're able to learn at so you aren't over whelmed. Most enjoyable part of the job is being able to create your own kind of smoothies as well as getting you're own free one after every shift.
Poor management and toxic environement
customer service (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON24 February 2018
The only benefits you get is free smoothie or a sandwhich. The management is horrible and coworkers are fake, thrive on negativity and love throwing everyone they dont like under the bus just to get them fired. All they do is talk bad about people and bully. Never work here unless you're willing to be badly talked about by other coworkers and you want to breathe that toxic air.
Pros
free smoothies
Cons
bad management and horrible coworkers
Easy work but horrible management
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 February 2019
the management treats you horrible and does not care about you. will point out mistakes in front of everyone. I worked at the one at Toronto airport and I loved the experience, environment is great, but the management is what made me quit. I felt disrespected and I will hope they get rid of the head managers bc they are bullies. Respect yourself and work somewhere else :)
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
management, everything else
A good workplace to start.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK30 December 2018
I did opening and closing up for the store. It was busy with lunch time and dinner time. It helped me to manage time wisely and effectively. Training new employees.
Pros
Free smoothies
Cons
fun and super chill place to work
Barista/Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL24 August 2018
this was my first job and working at booster juice isnt hard, and the co workers are good to work with when they pull their weight. i learned lots while ive been working here especially how to handle customers with lots of needs and questions. the management is pretty chill and lenient with giving time off and is very understanding. understaffed often so i always get more shifts than i actually want and can take on while balancing everything going on in my personal life. one bad thing about working here is you dont get proper breaks. ive worked 7, 8, and 9 hour shifts without a break or a second to sit down, and 12 hour shifts with one half hour break. the hardest part of the job is dealing with rude customers and the best part is forming a connection with regulars and putting a smile on someones face:)
Pros
free smoothie every shift, super chill place to work
Cons
you dont get proper breaks for the hours you work, schedule often comes out late
Decent place to work
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB8 September 2018
I loved working here when I first started but as the months went on we became very understaffed and they were too cheap to hire anyone so the hours and shifts began to be a pain. The manager gives himself the best shifts as everyone else is working terrible shifts. The job itself is nice but the management is terrible. The manager does not respond to problems the store is having and everything is left to employees who have no idea how to handle such problems.
Pros
Free smoothie every shift, chill work vibe
Cons
Terrible management, understaffed, terrible scheduling
Fun productive work place
Barista/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC14 January 2019
lots of work to constantly be done- fast paced yet enjoyable. Work culture was good with similar personalities within the same space. Management was understanding and effective.
Excellent experience!
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON17 May 2018
I have worked at two different locations for Booster Juice. The first was for 1 year at the Pen Center mall, and the second for the duration of a school year at Brock University. In terms of pay and hours it was a typical minimum wage job. The work place atmosphere was wonderful, everyone there wants to work hard and hope for the best of there teammates. The only difference was the management. The first location were young kids, not much older than myself, who had never run a business before so there were some understandable hiccups. The location at Brock University was managed by a seasoned team of operations.
Pros
A free Smoothie
Booster Juice
Full-time employee (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC23 February 2018
Long hours, with no proper break times as it is consistently busy and you are often by yourself or with one other person, so you must always be helping. Expected to work overtime, NEVER paid for doing so. No possibility of getting benefits, or a raise. Wouldn't recommend.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Booster Juice. Our community is ready to answer.