Booster Juice

Booster Juice Employee Reviews

I’ve worked for this company over 4 years of my life and It’s hands down the best job I’ve every worked it’s really relaxed but high pace at some times there is always something to do to keep busy
did not receive proper training and the staff there is rude, everyone got snitch mentality and they tell the manager on you for the tiniest mistakes (didn't put chipolete sauce on both sides of the bread". On top of that, they don't respect your availability and give long hours for 1 or 2 days a week, so instead of 16 hours a week within 7 days, I received 16 hours a week within 2 days. The manager is also super cheap and has the place understaffed, there's 10 employees in total and 2-3 people work at a time even though the place is really busy especially with skip the dishes, door dash and customers ordering 3+ drinks at a time. 0/10 do not recomend.
Pros
free drinks
Cons
long hours and no respect for staff
Worked there many years, Head Office is as unorganized as store owners. Store owners just have money to buy the store but actual managing/extra work is pushed onto workers and Managers with no respect to personal and off work time. Underpaid, and extreme conditions that should never have passed health codes. Can't believe the company was able to make money so far from terrible advertisements and ideas.
Pros
discounts on drinks/food items
Cons
everything
Best juice service in canada... make people healthy as well as fit. Nice place to work for our own knowledge and experience. Being working their is like being in world of heathy and fit and a good lifestyle
A typical day at work would be to get there about 30 minutes before work starts. This is to ensure that my coworker and I are preparing the fresh fruits and vegetables for the day ahead. We also would wipe down the counter again to ensure that we have cleaned the station thoroughly. I learned how important is to keep the customer happy because at booster juice we would have to accommodate to our customer if they want to customize their smoothie. I also learned about cleanliness and how important it is when working with food. The workplace culture was enjoyable because we would work as a team and make sure that if one person is struggling with a large order that they get the assistance they need. The hardest part of the job for me would be to not to get unorganized and flustered because we would have surges of customers, especially around noon. Lastly, the most enjoyable part of the job was finding a passion for food, I didn't realize how much I loved eating healthy and learning about it.
Pros
Getting a free smoothie when working
Cons
Always opening the store
The job is great but the management/owner is some of the worst I've ever seen. No regard for their employee's safety, making them work long hours, not paying for overtime, not giving them fair pay for their work. The owner is incredibly slow, doesn't know what's going on in the store, refuses to fix anything, and rarely ever showed up. 10/10 would not recommend.
Pros
Free drinks, great customers
Cons
Horrible owner
Management gets treated poorly and not paid enough, staff is expected to take on management responsibilities because they refuse to have a manager at both locations, safety procedures are not taken seriously, bosses and management talk poorly about employees to their staff, and share confidential information.
Pros
Smoothie discount, met awesome customers, healthy living
Cons
Told to leave work early in the winter time due to being slow, and everything else about the job.
I only worked at booster juice for a short while due to the pandemic, but it was a great few months! Everyone was welcoming, fun, and understanding. Great teamwork! Wished I worked there for a longer amount of time.
Pros
Free Drink, Great Co-workers, Good Scheduling
Cons
Slow at times
I started working here just over a year ago and I was balancing work, school, football, and a good social life all at the same time. Booster juice is a stress free environment with great staff.
The job I have had doesn't make me progress. I felt being judged instead of being appreciated. I wanted to grow and meet different people who could show and teach more experiences better than my previous job experience.
I worked at 2 locations and they were complete opposites. Working here is good if you don't want a lot of hours or if you are in a bind, but I don't recommend working here full time or making it your career. The difficulty of the job is not bad but the stress from the customers and management is totally not worth it.
Pros
Easy training
Cons
Stressful Corporate management
By far the best place I have ever worked at, coworkers were very nice, managers and owner was awesome! Very caring work family... I worked in the mall so very busy and fast paced
Pros
Loving work family, very flexible
Cons
Very busy
I only got 2 training shifts and I didn’t get taught all the basic stuff. I got in trouble a few time for not doing stuff the right way but they would never tell me how to do them right. There’s a lot of tasks to do which are easy, but if you miss the small stuff you lose shifts. I asked for more training time and they gave me one hour with a trainer and I was on my own again. Working alone at night is scary, especially for a new worker.
Pros
smoothies are good.
Cons
Hours and Training
All members of the staff are excellent, and very professional. Friendly environment who are willing to assist each other with whatever they need. During specific hours of the day, we encounter a rush and a large number of costumers. Learned to work fast and efficiently.
It was great and exciting. I worked for 5 years had no problem. Easy environment would recommended it for anyone as a first job. Work kept me busy and great people ,
I worked at the airport so it could get very very busy at times! But other than that, the work is easy to learn and do, I got pretty good hours, and pay was great for opening/closing!
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Just one 30 min break during busy shifts of 8 and a half hours
Good place to have your first job while learning the ins and outs of customer service. However, most management are cheap with their products and tend to reuse things, or refuse to throw out certain items past expiration. The first couple months are tough, as co-workers will make you do their dirty work and talk behind your back. Cliquey atmosphere and management feeds into it. Managers pick favourites regardless of how well you do the job, but solely based on who they hang out with after work hours.
Everything is easy to make, with signs everywhere including recipes and instructions which is super helpful if you blank out in the moment. Rushes are to be expected, especially mall locations. Be prepared for non stop movement and plenty of focus. Weekends involve team effort especially.The workplace itself is easy and enjoyable, I adore the job. The staff however is entirely different. Calling in sick is an easy way to get bad mouthed by your coworkers, or even lose hours. Alot of the coworkers can often get away with being snarky, and often degrading. Training stops shortly after the first two weeks with smaller details never mentioned (I.e "preferred methods") which leads to annoyed coworkers. The first few months for new employees is difficult, often times walking on broken glass due to short staff and the irritation of said coworkers. Many customers are often verbally abusive, and never actually read the menus, so be prepared to have to re-explain everything. Besides all this, the workplace is great, food's tasty, tasks are simple, and the majority of the customers are fantastic! But again to reintegrate the main issue, most of the Booster Juices hire those with a minimal effort (whereas you pick up their slack), easily irritable senior staff, or those inbetween trying to enjoy the job and give great service.
Booster Juice is always moving with new promotions new products. There may seem like a lot to know, but once you are in the job it is quite easy. The hours are flexible to your schedule.
Not to bad. The workers were responsible for their duties in the working environment. Peaceful workplace for a perfect candidate. Everything was organized in proper manner and would love to work again there.
In Booster Juice, the owner is very supportive and accommodating. I enjoy interacting with customers and learning to deal each of them. Since most of my duty hours, I am working alone, I learned to manage my time from cashiering , making the smoothies to serving the customers.