BookJane

BookJane Employee Reviews

I find morning shift quiet busy, but been professionally organised makes the work a lot easier. I have learned to be more patient and even more compassionate. The most enjoyable part is bonding with client and the hardest part is loosing a client.
12 April 2021
Hi there,We're happy to hear that you enjoy being part of the BookJane team. Thank you for all your continuous hard work.Thank you for your review!
The company has great potential but is run by people who want to pay you the least while expecting you to work round the clock and deal with the crippling company culture.
12 April 2021
Hi there,We are so sorry to hear about your experience with BookJane. We definitely appreciate the feedback, and would love to speak with you on how we can improve.If you're interested, please email our Senior Talent Manager: krystal@bookjane.com, we look forward to speaking with you.Thank you!
I learn about interact with diversity of cultures during the meeting,the responsibilities in the work place, interact with other supplies thought the integration activities. Book Jane team are creative during meeting and I learned some ideas to implement in the work place, also the company motivate the employees by rewards our good job. The company have a satisfactory attention to the employee any time when they need some help, also well provide the transportation if the place is not accessible to the ECA and be able to help in some case if the staff is not comfortable to work in some place. I would said Book Jane is a company that compiles with the employees in respectful and equal way. Therefore, I could say that Book Jane gives employment opportunities to ECA and the same time support parents , schools and Chid care by provide a professional service. About the hardest part of job was when I worked in the same place for long time and have to leave the children when I start to build a relationship with them, but it is good experience not only with children but also whit the staff which help to grow in the field. The most enjoyable part was to know the children, learn the different way to implement the work, interact, share and learn from other co- workers and have the opportunity to work with children of different ages.
Pros
Professional management, convienie location, Pay on time
Cons
Less opportunities to delivery goals
I've been hired since March 2020, and I haven't worked a single shift with them. The notification shows new job, but when you open the app , it tells you no job available. Another annoying thing, I picked two shifts on different occasions at the same retirement home, only to see that those shifts were not on my board again on the day I was to go for the shift. I wasn't notified about this.
12 April 2021
Hi there,We are so sorry to hear about your experience with BookJane. We definitely appreciate the feedback, and would love to speak with you on how we can improve.Our app is currently running on a first come, first serve basis. We are continually working on updates to improve the experience for our BookJane team. If you're interested, please email our Senior Talent Manager: krystal@bookjane.com, we look forward to speaking with you.Thank you!
Warning do not work here1! This company is the worst they do not pay people on time.. nobody knows anything..nobody answers anything..nobody answers their phone,.. hard to reach anybody... there reason why everyone leaves this h3ll hole.. company is racist stay away from this establishmet... sinking ship everyone hates it here! they won't pay you for years do not apply here
Pros
Cons
won't pay you, racist
12 April 2021
Hi there,We are so sorry to hear about your recent experience with BookJane. It is our first priority to take care of our caregivers. We definitely appreciate the feedback, and would love to speak with you on how we can improve for you and all our caregivers.If you're still having trouble with your pay, please email our Senior Talent Manager: krystal@bookjane.com, we look forward to speaking with you.Thank you!
Book Jane has really good networking. They are very organized, have the utmost cooperation and support for their employees, and are not indifferent to the intricacies of their employees.
Respect everyone, you upload your document and once it approved. You just picked a shift based on your schedule and can cancel within 24 hours. In case you didn't cancel within that period you could get charged $30 but you can contest that if you have a genuine reason or supporting document.
I work at Retirement home and Long term care, I've worked in very busy and influential environment with Bookjane. This company is very good, I would recommend this company.
There's no jobs available, app keeps saying there are jobs, but very little jobs are actually available. No-one picks up the phone when you call, they charge you $30 if you cancel a shift if you're sick! Really bad, go find work elsewhere cause there's nothing here!
21 January 2020
Hello there,We are so sorry to hear about your recent experience with BookJane. All our jobs listed on our app come at a first come, first serve basis. We recommend checking your BookJane app throughout the day, as new jobs get added in constantly!You're welcome to leave a message, and our support team will get back to you as soon as they can. Alternatively, you can also contact us by email or through a live chat on our website (www.bookjane.com). The live chat is located on the bottom right hand corner when you open the website. As for the $30 charge, please send an email to our Senior Talent Manager, Krystal at: krystal@bookjane.com. We appreciate the feedback, and are constantly looking for ways to improve.We look forward to speaking with you! Thank you!
Horrible company, used to be good, but not anymore. They don't care about their workers, can't get a hold of anyone to speak with if you have a problem. Work with another provider.
13 January 2020
Hello there,We are so sorry to hear about your recent experience with BookJane. It is our first priority to take care of our Janes. We definitely appreciate the feedback, and would love to speak with you on how we can improve for you and all our caregivers.Please send an email to our Senior Talent Manager: krystal@bookjane.com, we look forward to speaking with you.Thank you!
Book is a very company, they just care about theire business , not the workers and clients. They just look for money . Can you imagine this bookjane people they are working with vulnerable clients but they about the clients!!!. Is too sad and bad when a worker has a flu or vomiting or diarrhea and bookjane force the worker to go to work when a worker have this kind of symptoms.this is ridiculous. You can not call sick and if you call sick they charge 30$ this people are thief.
25 November 2019
Hello there,We are so sorry to hear your experience with BookJane. It is our first priority to take care of our Caregivers. We definitely appreciate the feedback, and look forward to speaking to you to resolve this issue.Please send an email to our Senior Talent Manager: krystal@bookjane.com, and we will resolve this situation for you.Thank you!
They always miss my payment, if you don’t keep track on your hrs they would take your money and cut your hrs. The billing department never call back and fix their mistakes. Lack of knowledge of how to run the business, employees are not secure and is not a safe place to work. Bookjane people just protecting their employers to make more money and they don’t car about their employees at all !!!!
12 April 2021
Hi there,We are so sorry to hear about your experience with BookJane. We definitely appreciate the feedback, and would love to speak with you on how we can improve.We have definitely updated our process on how we pay our caregivers. If you're interested, please email our Senior Talent Manager: krystal@bookjane.com, we look forward to speaking with you.Thank you!
I have encountered lots of issues with the management team leadership skills. Our feedback and concerns are not valued. Just as BookJane values their business with these homes, so should they value us the frontline staffs. There are lots of agencies out there that pay 21/hr so nothing quite unique.
Pros
Nothing really
Cons
Poor management
12 April 2021
Hello there,We are so sorry to hear your experience with BookJane. It is our first priority to take care of our caregivers. We definitely appreciate the feedback, and look forward to speaking with you to resolve this issue.BookJane is continually looking for feedback on how we can improve. We're working to improve the experience for our BookJane caregivers and definitely want to understand the frustrations so we can make it better.Please send an email to our Senior Talent Manager: krystal@bookjane.com, and we will resolve this situation for you.Thank you!
Bookjane is a good agency in terms of salary but in work culture, work/life balance, administrative support, PSW-administration relation they are not very good. When you cancel a shift because of an emergency, you will be charge $30 and then later your account will be blocked without bookjane administration trying to finding out out why you cancelled the shift.
Structured workplace, Effective training was provided to staff annually. management was very supportive,they ensured all staff received benefits for extra hours put in towards training.
Great team - so supportive even when working by myself, Great benefits and pay Not a stressful job considering being a PSW, Supportive, friendly, efficient organization, executive team shows great leadership and this is an organization who truly cares about helping and supporting people.
Its really fun working with kids . Sometimes the daycare centers are far away from scarborough . The workplace culture is good . the management of daycare its good.
Pros
play with kids
Cons
too far away palces
It is a nice company to work with. The staff are friendly and helpful. The jobs are readily available if you are ready to work. I like the flexibility of the shifts and the timely response of the staff if you run into difficulties. I am quite happy working with bookjane and would recommend to anyone.
Pros
You get enough hours and the pay is good
Cons
Some distances are too far. Taxing is done by you.
bookjane app is easy to use, lots of shifts for me some shifts are far, but i pick the ones that are close to my home good referral bonus, i get cash when my friends join good pay
Great culture, fun and the office staff are nice. Flexible schedules you can work when you want. They understand when last minute emergencies comes up and are often great with providing feedback.
Bookjane has amazing services to go along with their amazing environment. At Bookjane, they treat you like family rather than a coworker. The services the provide is one of the best by far and is an amazing impact to the society. I highly recommend this service and business.
  1. Employee reviews