BookJane

BookJane Employee Reviews

Canada28 reviews
fun work place
I find morning shift quiet busy, but been professionally organised makes the work a lot easier. I have learned to be more patient and even more compassionate. The most enjoyable part is bonding with client and the hardest part is loosing a client.
You can choose the dates and place of your shifts
Book Jane has really good networking. They are very organized, have the utmost cooperation and support for their employees, and are not indifferent to the intricacies of their employees.
Good
Respect everyone, you upload your document and once it approved. You just picked a shift based on your schedule and can cancel within 24 hours. In case you didn't cancel within that period you could get charged $30 but you can contest that if you have a genuine reason or supporting document.
Professionalism
I work at Retirement home and Long term care, I've worked in very busy and influential environment with Bookjane. This company is very good, I would recommend this company.
Bad company; no jobs available
There's no jobs available, app keeps saying there are jobs, but very little jobs are actually available. No-one picks up the phone when you call, they charge you $30 if you cancel a shift if you're sick! Really bad, go find work elsewhere cause there's nothing here!
21 January 2020
Hello there,

We are so sorry to hear about your recent experience with BookJane. All our jobs listed on our app come at a first come, first serve basis. We recommend checking your BookJane app throughout the day, as new jobs get added in constantly!

You're welcome to leave a message, and our support team will get back to you as soon as they can. Alternatively, you can also contact us by email or through a live chat on our website (www.bookjane.com). The live chat is located on the bottom right hand corner when you open the website.

As for the $30 charge, please send an email to our Senior Talent Manager, Krystal at: krystal@bookjane.com. We appreciate the feedback, and are constantly looking for ways to improve.

We look forward to speaking with you! Thank you!
Not a good place to work.
Horrible company, used to be good, but not anymore. They don't care about their workers, can't get a hold of anyone to speak with if you have a problem. Work with another provider.
13 January 2020
Hello there,

We are so sorry to hear about your recent experience with BookJane. It is our first priority to take care of our Janes. We definitely appreciate the feedback, and would love to speak with you on how we can improve for you and all our caregivers.

Please send an email to our Senior Talent Manager: krystal@bookjane.com, we look forward to speaking with you.

Thank you!
I can not recommend to anyone to work to this company.
Book is a very company, they just care about theire business , not the workers and clients. They just look for money . Can you imagine this bookjane people they are working with vulnerable clients but they about the clients!!!. Is too sad and bad when a worker has a flu or vomiting or diarrhea and bookjane force the worker to go to work when a worker have this kind of symptoms.this is ridiculous. You can not call sick and if you call sick they charge 30$ this people are thief.
25 November 2019
Hello there,

We are so sorry to hear your experience with BookJane. It is our first priority to take care of our Caregivers. We definitely appreciate the feedback, and look forward to speaking to you to resolve this issue.

Please send an email to our Senior Talent Manager: krystal@bookjane.com, and we will resolve this situation for you.

Thank you!
poor manager and unprofessional billing department
They always miss my payment, if you don’t keep track on your hrs they would take your money and cut your hrs. The billing department never call back and fix their mistakes. Lack of knowledge of how to run the business, employees are not secure and is not a safe place to work. Bookjane people just protecting their employers to make more money and they don’t car about their employees at all !!!!
Lack of Mgt Skill
I have encountered lots of issues with the management team leadership skills.

Our feedback and concerns are not valued. Just as BookJane values their business with these homes, so should they value us the frontline staffs.

There are lots of agencies out there that pay 21/hr so nothing quite unique.
Pros
Nothing really
Cons
Poor management
Work place culture
Bookjane is a good agency in terms of salary but in work culture, work/life balance, administrative support, PSW-administration relation they are not very good. When you cancel a shift because of an emergency, you will be charge $30 and then later your account will be blocked without bookjane administration trying to finding out out why you cancelled the shift.
Structured Organization, Attended numerous training organised in ensuring proper care of clients.
Structured workplace, Effective training was provided to staff annually. management was very supportive,they ensured all staff received benefits for extra hours put in towards training.
Great place to work!
Great team - so supportive even when working by myself, Great benefits and pay Not a stressful job considering being a PSW, Supportive, friendly, efficient organization, executive team shows great leadership and this is an organization who truly cares about helping and supporting people.
fun working with kids
Its really fun working with kids . Sometimes the daycare centers are far away from scarborough . The workplace culture is good . the management of daycare its good.
Pros
play with kids
Cons
too far away palces
The company is well organized
It is a nice company to work with. The staff are friendly and helpful.
The jobs are readily available if you are ready to work.

I like the flexibility of the shifts and the timely response of the staff if you run into difficulties.

I am quite happy working with bookjane and would recommend to anyone.
Pros
You get enough hours and the pay is good
Cons
Some distances are too far. Taxing is done by you.
good app
bookjane app is easy to use, lots of shifts for me
some shifts are far, but i pick the ones that are close to my home

good referral bonus, i get cash when my friends join

good pay
Great company
Great culture, fun and the office staff are nice. Flexible schedules you can work when you want. They understand when last minute emergencies comes up and are often great with providing feedback.
Amazing services
Bookjane has amazing services to go along with their amazing environment. At Bookjane, they treat you like family rather than a coworker. The services the provide is one of the best by far and is an amazing impact to the society. I highly recommend this service and business.
Really good experience for the future
- working with children
- learning how they develop

- play based activities

- shadowing RECEs

- Learning everyday with different childcare centres
Pros
more experience
Cons
shifts are hard to find within schedule especially if you're in school
Great, flexible and productive side job to have as a caregiver!
I really enjoy working for BookJane as a caregiver/Registered Early Childhood Educator! I get to set my own schedule that works for me and work in different centres and with different clients. I get to utilize my knowledge and skills as well as to learn from staff members and clients I've been working with.
Pros
-flexible work schedule, opportunities to expand your professional network, and may land a permanent job
Cons
-pay by hours you work for, no guarantee of job security
No work
This company advertises there is work and there isn't. Never get called for any work. Never get called to train at new facilities. Been signed up for months and still haven't worked one day.
Don't rely on Bookjane, find another PSW job. Not worth the time and effort with this company.
Pros
Cons
poorly managed, no work, place is a joke
BookJane Caring About Us
I love working for BookJane, great team. The pay is higher than what I make Full Time. Working 30-40 hr per week.

I have a flexible schedule I work when I want to. Thanks BookJane team
Pros
Income, Pay