Bombardier Pay & Benefits reviews

Not for the faint of heart
Cutomer Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Dorval, QC22 January 2018
Difficult work environment. From silly things like a massive, massive parking lot (think walking outside on bitter cold days) to high stress demands where management appears to be in a panic mode to make their numbers. Constant threat of layoffs. Overtime is expected as part of commitment to working here for most departments. Management is tethered by cell phones and expected to be on call 100% of the time. Only thing that is really great is benefits: pension, Employee bonuses. Salaries are a little higher than elsewhere. You pay for it in other ways.
Pros
salary, benefits
Cons
contant layoff threats, extremely demanding results
Poor corporate culture
Contract Administrator (Former Employee) –  St Laurent, QC18 January 2018
Poor corporate culture: people eat food on their desks with wide variety of smells and aromas around the office. A lot of gossiping among the colleagues. Managers talk on perverted topics without even paying attention to the fact that they are in a professional environment.

No janitors: employees have to clean their garbage themselves. Management employees is afraid of losing their jobs which propels them to act opportunistically: backstabbing is a common practice. No team spirit whatsoever.
Pros
salary
Cons
non-exhaustive list of cons
Intermediate MRP Controller (Current Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON15 January 2018
it's a good place to work. there is good pay and great benefits. the thing i have a hard time with is waiting to see if we are going to get more contracts. if there is no contracts there is no work. right now we will be out of work in 10 months and we haven't received any word on any new contracts for our facility.
Pros
easy work schedule
Cons
constant management changes
Experience will vary according to where you are working
Engineering Specialist (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC15 January 2018
Its such a large enterprise that the experience will vary widely between different divisions. I was able to work in Product Development in most areas (Business, Commercial, Completions) and different phases in the life cycle (Development, sustaining) and focus (Support to production, support to field). Generally was a positive experience with very good colleagues. Management varies, some are micro-managers and can treat senior people as if they are entry level. Too many useless initiatives (Achieving Excellence) that try to drive the culture but end up being a waste of time. Senior Management is distant and does not inspire confidence, but is an improvement over previous family-run company. Generally the work-life balance is good, benefits are good but in recent years have been tightened in attempts to control costs.
Pros
Professional, Good colleagues, can be interesting
Cons
Bureaucratic, Senior management lacklustre
Bombardier Aerospace
Technical Advisor for Outstanding Work Orders (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 December 2017
Average environment overall. Exception compensation, toxic culture with a detached management. Not a healthy culture for someone wanting to commit to a team environment.
Pros
Great financial compensation
Cons
lacking significantly as a team environment
no comments
Aircraft Performance Engineer-Internship (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC30 November 2017
The work/life balance was very good. The people were friendly in and outside of work. Training was available . The Benefits were excellent compared to the others, as well as Health Care scheme, pension and 4 weeks annual leave.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Poor management
Excellent company to work for
SENIOR MECHANICAL ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 November 2017
I really enjoyed working for BA, the work/life balance was very good. The people/colleagues were very friendly in and outside of work. The company encouraged new ideas and new ways of working. Training and promotion was available and recognition of ones achievements was always provided. The pay and benefits were excellent compared to the UK, aswell as Shares options, Canadian Bonds, Health Care scheme, pension and 4 weeks annual leave.
Pros
Just a brilliant place to work
Cons
Not enough staff so slightly overworked and abit stressful
Fast growing company
Dispatch Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 November 2017
Fast growing company with many options for advancement throughout the course of your career.
Very poor work/ life balance with regards to the rail division, due to long hours and unpredictable schedules.
Pros
High pay, unionized, benefits, pension, guaranteed hours
Cons
work/ life balance, small pension, poor work environment, contracted work.
Great and passionate people
Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint-Bruno-de-Montarville, QC22 November 2017
Great company to work at, great and passionate people. Many opportunities to move up and infinite possibilities to learn. Good salaries and conditions, free parking and big cafeteria, paid vacation and benefits.
Pros
amazing coworkers, good atmosphere
Cons
long hours, lots of transition and movement
Poor Management
Mechanical Test Technician (Current Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON19 October 2017
A typical day at work is different all the time for my position but there are days where we have no work. Senior Management makes some pretty stupid and horrible decisions a lot. How they come up with some of their solutions is beyond me.
Pros
Paid lunches, Overtime, Great benefits, Home everyday
Cons
Unqualified people performing work. 3 shift rotation
Job Experience/Culture
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC18 October 2017
My 25 year job experience at Bombardier Aerospace was exceptional. A typical day at work began with our daily morning meeting (DMM). These meetings were held in order to have the team together for 15 minutes every morning and discuss any critical issues for the day, who will be out of the office, vacation etc. Our Manager would chair the meetings.
The workplace culture was amazing. Very professional, diverse, and hard working employees. My Manager was kind, attentive, fair, and had deadlines were on top of the list along with Customer satisfaction.
The hardest part of my job was dealing with our Finance dept and billing.
The most enjoyable part of my job was dealing with my worldwide Customers on a daily basis. I built this special bond, trust and friendship with many customers. My efforts resulted in excellent customer satisfaction.
Pros
Excellent Benefits, Vacation
Cons
Too much outsourcing
Great company with great opportunities to grow
Customer Relationship Management Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dorval, QC3 October 2017
It was a great company with amazing talent that is capable and the management and support teams are welcoming and kind. They encourage personal growth and the salary was very good.
Good compagny
IT Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, QC28 September 2017
Excellent company, good advantages. Even if there is a lot of employees in this company they are all part of the same big family. That was my experience a few years back.
Pros
Good collaboration between groups of employees, great benefits, solid work structure
Cons
Outsourcing
great
Technicien mécanique (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC20 September 2017
Bombardier is a great place to work but the lack of management is getting employees mad. The salary is great, but under the domain standard. but the rest is good
Productive and fun place to work
Assistante administrative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC7 September 2017
I very much enjoyed working at Bombardier where I felt appreciated and respected. Very nice work environment, great people, continuous training, excellent cafeteria. Opportunities for advancement are real and and you can work in various departments in the course of your career. Excellent salary and benefits, however be ready for a real lot of work and pressure. Overall, working for Bombardier was the best career decision of my life.
Pros
Very dynamic and professional
Cons
Long hours, stressful
Unstable Management
Mechanical Designer, Engineering (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC15 August 2017
I felt that the upper management at Bombardier was not accountable enough for decisions and the direction that they brought their respective departments There were a lot of under qualified people that were wrongfully promoted and it hurt the business. However, I will say that Bombardier was a good place to learn, especially for engineers at the beginning of their careers.
Pros
Very good product, Good place to learn, Good Benefits
Exciting rewarding environment
Installer/sheet metal mechanic (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC14 August 2017
Sheet metal mechanic , installer, found the company to be very competitive in it's field. Strong team work envirornment, a very rewarding experience. I transferred to Toronto to be with my wife.
Pros
Stable work envirornment, compedative salary
Good team to work with
Electrical Production Engineer (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON3 August 2017
Nice challenging place to work. Coworkers are all very good to work with. Very nice opportunity due to flexible hours to work your own schedule.
I really enjoyed my time there.
Very fun and produtive day
Aircraft Assembler (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 July 2017
Very enjoying to be working at a company where the job is to make airplanes. I am very proud to go into work everyday knowing i am doing something that i enjoy doing.
Pros
well paid and benefits are great
Cons
Enjoyed working here. Stick to yourself, do your work, no stress.
All position Welder, Metal Processor (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON20 July 2017
Great place to work. Good money, and if you stick to yourself and do your job, punch in and punch out you will be very happy every two weeks!!! Would go back in a heart beat.
Pros
Full Time hours. guaranteed cheque
Cons
off and on, never know if your gonna be employed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bombardier. Our community is ready to answer.