Bombardier

Bombardier Employee Reviews in Toronto, ON

it s good experience
overall it's 4/5. it was a good experience on the side of studying and working with our colleagues. I understood so many things from the work in bombardier
Lay Off
Every year, in the end, there are e a lot of planned layoffs, but it's coming bigger and bigger. Now due to debt and fail rail projects the company is going bankrupt.
Fast paced.
Work days are fast paced and can extend to long hours to complete the assignments.
Lots to learn but feel too many levels of management that leads to loss of direction and communication.

Great benefits and opportunities to learn and grow but are drowned out by too many levels of management with accountability running thin.
Love working here, but sadly it is being mismanaged into the ground by the higher ups. Relaxed atmosphere and lots of overtime for those who want it. Hopefully they keep work in Toronto.
Not recommended
They don't pay you even close to what the current market is. No job security at any point of time, especially with the divestitures going on. Kinda easy to get bored, and not a place you wish to spend precious time of life.
Good salary
Nice place to work if you don't have a family life otherwise it is better to move and find another job with good work /life Balance.
there is no comment at this time
there is no comment at this time. I may have something in the future time. And I will give some comments when I have some to let job seekers know more about the company.
fun work place to meet some good people and earn good money
always hire and layoff
no job security,

bad management and cuture

overtime pay is good but also lose life balance

as a begining work it is ok, but no carree development at all
I did work as contractor
I did contractor work as Aircraft structure mechanic and Quality inspector and Quality Supervisor on Global Express 7500 from 1st Aircraft in line.
Now looking new contract to work as inspector or Structure mechanic as contractor
hectic and busy place to work, your day does by very quickly
meetings, sorting manpower, coordinating with support functions, scheduling manpower and aircraft build

enjoyed all my peers and our team building activities outside of work
Great Work Environment and lots of relevant engineering/aerospace experience
A great place to learn about the Aerospace Industry and Aircraft builds. Very supportive management and great exposure to Quality Management tools. Allows for a great balance between work and life at the same time challenges you on a daily basis.
N/a
Bright clean environment. Alot to learn. You have to learn alot on your own. If you dont, you will not suceed. Good job for the right person *******
Character Building
This company was able to provide me with the experience I would need to understand the type of leader and mentor I am today. Understanding your employees and their needs will help to motivate them to efficient and positive results.
Exciting depending on the position
Perks
- Great pay with benefits

- exciting if you are in a technical position

Downs

- Poorly managed.

- Older union employees makes the work culture less enjoyable, unbearable at times.
Excellent place for the Intenrship
great place to do MBA internship. Colleagues were helpful, supportive and collaborative. learned a lot during the internship. Management encourages participation
Exciting place to work at
- Support the production (assembly and testing) of state of the art business aircrafts, and ultimately see the final products fly, which is always exciting and satisfying.
- Get exposure to all aircraft systems (all ATA chapters), thus, one never stops learning.

- Majority of the people/coworkers are pleasant to work with.

- Overall, exciting place to to work at.
Laid offs
Great environment for working with many talented people around. However, the company has been losing most of its programs and has laid off many employees.
Good
Good work place good environment. Good managment. Over all everything there is good.
The work ethics the facility the work discipline all is good. I would recommend the company.
Workplace Culture - Bombardier
Bombardier afforded me the opportunity to negotiate an exit strategy for our long tenured employees upon closing a segment of the business during a transition period
The people are hard working and very focused on building the best aircraft.
Some terrific aircraft have been designed test flown and produced at the Downsview site for many years.
Many talented devoted people who love aircraft have worked at the site which began in 1928.
Fun work place is good
Good company they give you all the benefits for the worker and treatment from foreigner worker equal to the local worker and fun nice to work and you can learn a lot