Bombardier

Canada1,184 reviews

Found 1,184 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,231 reviews
aerospaceaircraftmontrealtorontolayoffsalaryengineeringsecurity

Good pay for easy work

The work was great, but upper management stressed to complete as many jobs as possible per day, even if it meant doing it in the wrong order.Union mentality was not good. People felt too safe in the job and didn't work hard enough.

Pros

Lots of overtime

Cons

Management, union mentality

Best job I’ve ever had

Due to covid, I was laid off. Best job I’ve ever had. Very fast paced. Very rewarding work. Great team environment. I would leave work every day feeling like I was a part of something amazing. Working on the world’s largest, fastest business jet.

Pros

Where to I start

Insights into Bombardier

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Trust in colleagues

Bombardier takes good care of its staff with excellent benefits and stock options. Job itself had long hours with erratic weekly schedules. Opportunities for career advancement exist and is well defined. Position was unionized.

Pros

Stable career, good compensation

Productive and professional

Nice company for working in. Good pay and professional work culture. Innovation is one of the features in Bombardier giving the opportunity to employees for self-improvement

Pros

Pay an work

Cons

Insecurity

Fast paced but inclusive workspace

I worked here as an intern and felt that my department did well in supporting my needs as such. There was a lot of room and flexibility for learning. I had a lot of say in what projects I could get to work on in order to maximize what I learned.

J'ai eu l'opportunité de travail dans un environnement de travail stimulant, entourée de professionnels sympathiques.

Mon passage dans le secteur de l'aéronautique s'est avéré très stimulant. L'équipe en place formée de professionnels de haut niveau, était toujours disponible pour me guider au besoin, étant donné que j'en étais à ma première expérience de travail dans cette entreprise. Il s'agissait d'un poste comportant des tâches plutôt variées où il fallait faire preuve d'autonomie et de débrouillardise; un très beau défi!

Pros

Bonne atmosphère de travail, excellente collaboration des professionnel(le)s et des autres membres du personnel en poste, excellentes conditions de travail et très bons avantages sociaux.

Cons

Compte tenu que ce poste était pour un remplacement d'une durée de 6 mois, il y avait peu de temps pour se familiariser avec les tâches.

There is no more Bombardier Commercial Aerospace.

It was very good company for a long while, and now Canada has no OEM in aerospace. The company was good, competitive, thus stressful, but if you like your job, it is professional and pay is decent.

Long hours, resources are limited

Good to learn in a fast pace environment, however there is a lot of waste of time and energy due to old systems, heavy processes and last minute change priorities. There is a lot of reporting and processes do not help to be efficient. This creates frustration in employees.

Pros

Flexible work place policy, benefits, communication with management

Cons

Long hours, lack of work life balance, undue pressure

Very repetitive

When your in a station there usually only a few things to do so it can be very repetitive and boring at times and there’s very little accountability so there’s always soe tiny to deal with other then your job

Go or no go

Pas beaucoup équitable

Favoritism

I wasn't able to learn,I was stuck anytime I want to understand something or discuss about it. Their union is the best entity there. Very hard to feel like you're advancing.

Travail famille , attente

Nous travaillons en équipe et/ ou solitaire .Beaucoup de temps d'attente pour que les pièce arrive . Donc on passe plus de temps à attendre qu'à travailler . On est considéré comme des numéro et non des personnes.Consilliation travail famille nulle . On peut pas arriver plus tôt et partir plus tard pour nos enfants . On commence tôt on fini tôt.La direction est nul personne sais gérer correctement.

Pros

Bon salaire et bonne assurance

Environnement de travail plein de défi et très compétitif.

Entreprise de grande envergure ou lez problèmes réels sont traités de façon très professionnelle.

Pros

Outil de travail sophistiqué

Cons

Formations manquantes.

Not a good place for Software Engineers

Their Management is so confused about the vision and how to handle the work and tasks. In the beginning, they pretend to help you but not always. No job security and transparency about work and job. It's a french culture company if you are an English speaker stay away.

Pros

Good Work Balance

Cons

French Culture, No Job Security, No Transparency

Marde

C'était vraiment pas une bonne place à travailler tu te sens toujours observer

Cons

Tout étais négatif

Lay offs

No job security, its a trap. Don't fall into it. Pay is good but what is the point if you get laid off every couple of years and thrown to the curb. Nope.

Difficult to move around in the company.

You need to have French skill for advancement.Some of managements are difficult to deal with. Overall, the company provides stable work and good benefits

Unsatisfied

Emphasis on production not quality Health and safety is a jokeNo insentive to work harder.Rampant nepitism.Managers unqualified, coming from completely different industries

Bon environnement de travail

Bon environnement de travail. De belles opportunités de progression.

Good Company to work

I enjoyed my time at Bombardier Aerospace. I got a lot of good manufacturing experience working at this company. Pay rate is good plus plenty of overtime available.

Pros

Pay and overtime

Environnement de travail

Climat de travail agréable, horaire de 4 jours la semaine . Pas de télétravail. Ça prend une voiture pour s’y rendre.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bombardier. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement