Bombardier Employee Reviews

Bombardier Culture
Line Manager (Current Employee) –  North York, ON12 November 2017
Great company. Long hours, but building planes is pretty cool. Enjoy the teams and management, everyone is helpful - even under pressure. Overall company is great.
une emploi de reve
journaliere (Former Employee) –  Valcourt, QC6 November 2017
un emploi de reve mais pas asser dheure pour une personne comme moi qui a pas le diplome mais beaucoup de potenciel alors sa sera pour un autres employeur ses tous .merci .. de mavoir donner lexperience aquise.
Excellent workplace
Flight Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 November 2017
Bombardier Aerospace Toronto site is a great place to work in manufacturing. It is a place full of technology in all aspects. It is also a multicultural place from where I have learned many things from people with different backgrounds.
Great
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Delhi28 October 2017
Its a matter of pride to be a part of Bombardier and serve in the Rolling stock field for almost 20 years. Rolling stock is itself a field where one can diversify one's career and thrive among the best in the world market
world class culture
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC26 October 2017
Continuous Improvement mindset. World Class Culture.
stimulating environment with brilliant minds and highly qualified employees.

The opportunity of continuous learning and working with people from different sites world-wide was the most rewarding aspect of my years at Bombardier Aerospace.
Pros
training
great employer
LRV Finisher (Current Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON22 October 2017
large company lots of advancement lots of different things to learn about to deal with rail cars, electrical and mechanical finishing as well as job specific tools
Work is challenging, dynamic and diverse
Bids & Projects (Current Employee) –  Canada20 October 2017
No one day is the same as the next, which is great for me. There is opportunity to work on multiple bids and projects, transfer lessons learned from one to the other. Overall the team I work with is quite diverse, knowledgeable, talented and resourceful. The work we do and the team are worth the other headaches.
Poor Management
Mechanical Test Technician (Current Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON19 October 2017
A typical day at work is different all the time for my position but there are days where we have no work. Senior Management makes some pretty stupid and horrible decisions a lot. How they come up with some of their solutions is beyond me.
Pros
Paid lunches, Overtime, Great benefits, Home everyday
Cons
Unqualified people performing work. 3 shift rotation
Job Experience/Culture
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC18 October 2017
My 25 year job experience at Bombardier Aerospace was exceptional. A typical day at work began with our daily morning meeting (DMM). These meetings were held in order to have the team together for 15 minutes every morning and discuss any critical issues for the day, who will be out of the office, vacation etc. Our Manager would chair the meetings.
The workplace culture was amazing. Very professional, diverse, and hard working employees. My Manager was kind, attentive, fair, and had deadlines were on top of the list along with Customer satisfaction.
The hardest part of my job was dealing with our Finance dept and billing.
The most enjoyable part of my job was dealing with my worldwide Customers on a daily basis. I built this special bond, trust and friendship with many customers. My efforts resulted in excellent customer satisfaction.
Pros
Excellent Benefits, Vacation
Cons
Too much outsourcing
proper schedule and planning
Continuous Improvement Specialist Intern (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON16 October 2017
Typical days with proper schedule and colleagues and management are really supportive and provide help for needy. Perfect team works results in higher success rate.
Industrial envirornment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 October 2017
It was a fast paced environment, with little training. I learned things on my own and enjoyed working with the people there. I worked for Upper Management
No Job Security
Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC11 October 2017
Although I was just an intern, I witnessed some restructuring, which lead to some layoffs. This is a recurring issue with the firm, unfortunately. Something to keep in mind.
Environnement de travail chez Bombardier
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC9 October 2017
Très enrichissant comme expérience pour développer des habilités en Gestion et en travail d'équipe.

Je le conseil aux nouveaux professionnels à la recherche des défis.
Intense Work Environment
Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC7 October 2017
- Started as a new grad at the company with 0 experience in an aerospace company but with time, you can learn so much about the software they use, the ideas, & share knowledge with other people.
- I liked the company because they make great products. The third largest aerospace company in the world and it was an honor to work for this company. It was my dream to work for this company as a kid.
- It was a stressful environment. Some days were tough to get through the day.
- Most teams were diverse and it was great to work with each other and learning from each other.
Cons
Stressful
Great Company - Difficult Times
Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC4 October 2017
Large company with many divisions, you can pretty much do anything here as far as career choises

The company is only as good as the people you have, and those leading them. Stop promoting managers who micromanage and suffocate your employees.
Pros
Great Work/Life Balance, Good Benefit Package, Vacation, Great colleagues
Cons
Management asks one things, while they do another, No clear direction, Ongoing Enterprise wide restructuring, Job Security
Great company with great opportunities to grow
Customer Relationship Management Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dorval, QC3 October 2017
It was a great company with amazing talent that is capable and the management and support teams are welcoming and kind. They encourage personal growth and the salary was very good.
Interesting to work with the Train Community
Transportation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON29 September 2017
Working with the employees was awesome, they are examples of some good minds. I cannot get into the Management side of things because of an on-going process. Let's just say, it has some great people and some interesting ones. There is a lot of pressure to make sure things are done correctly and that issue is sometimes hard on employees.
Pros
good wages
Cons
bid jobs at poor times
Good compagny
IT Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, QC28 September 2017
Excellent company, good advantages. Even if there is a lot of employees in this company they are all part of the same big family. That was my experience a few years back.
Pros
Good collaboration between groups of employees, great benefits, solid work structure
Cons
Outsourcing
not a good place for career development
Business Analyst (Co-op) (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC23 September 2017
company undergoing restructuring. internal processes are broken.
no clear strategy, nor guidance.
job security is weak.
there is not much to learn if you are experience professional.
The company has eveloved
Buyer (Former Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, QC22 September 2017
Bombardier has changed in the last 20 years,

It has gone through significant changes in and out of the market place.

There is new management team and they appear to be having a positive impact.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bombardier. Our community is ready to answer.