Bombardier Employee Reviews

Project Procurement Manager (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC21 February 2019
Manage Budget
Manage Schedule
Drive cost reductions.
Ensure project timeline is met.
Work with innerspring to release requirements.
Work with purchasing team to get orders placed.
Attend meetings related to project.
Great place if you like stress.
Press Brake Operator (Current Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON8 February 2019
The job I do is rewarding enough but not many seem to care about the quality of their work so I often have to clean up or repair parts as I get them before I can do my job. There are many employees here who treat the place like high school.
There is no accountability for personal work/behavior. Most days it's like a daycare where all the adults have left the building.
Management is powerless to affect change due to a self interested union that works hard on behalf of unproductive employees while denying attention to good ones. Thanks to the practice of "seniority" being an exemplary employee means absolutely nothing here. Date of hire overrides all other factors. It is my belief that this has caused many good workers to give up and degrade to the lowest status quo. "Why try when those that do not get the same pay, benefits and the ardent backing of the union?"
Air quality in the plant is horrendous! This has been an ongoing issue since before I started here. Many days you can see a river of blue fog moving overhead. Debris settles on equipment minutes after it's been cleaned.
Maintenance of equipment and machines is haphazard at best.
I have waited weeks for repairs/adjustments to equipment making the job much harder than it should be.
The pay is good but benefits are surprisingly poor. (If memory serves I think the per visit benefit for licensed massage therapy is $7.00.. for only 6 visits/year. Pretty good for 1976 but..)
Job security... as long as we have contracts we have jobs but layoffs come hard and fast as work dwindles.
Advancement is bidding against others
  more... for better/different jobs in the plant. Some offer better pay, some are part of apprenticeships but most are simply different jobs at the same rate.
If you want a job with good pay, indoors that doesn't require you to bring skills with you (they'll teach you the job) this is not the worst place to be. The downside though is less than stellar job security, poor air quality, frustration/stress and constant bad press from the Toronto star.
Pros
Good money
Cons
Everything else
Best Aerospace company in Canada
Tech Lead / Sr Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 February 2019
A world leader in aerospace they have an amazing product which amazes me every day when I enter the factory. Unfortinuntly they have very tough competition against other global aerospace giants which get support from the defense budget.
Efficient, discussions with my colleagues during lunch time
Agent Méthodes (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC23 January 2019
Check e-mails, participation in daily meeting. Performed Suppliers’ Technical support (clarification of technical requirements: Drawings, COS’s, Specifications) and followed-up project status.
Validated and investigated of manufacturing documentation (Tool Orders, Process Sheets, drawings and tools for offload). Created of COS (Condition of Supply) documents in Catia V4 or DDA (Dossier d'Action). Created Request for Change (if necessary).
Analysis of old drawings is the hardest part of the job. The most enjoyable part of the job is the research in SAP.
Bombardier belfast well structured organisation
OPERATIONS MANAGER GLOBAL 7500 AIRCRAFT (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 January 2019
Bombardier Belfast has a core team of highly skilled people there operatonal management is world class backed up by robust cost control scheduling systems
Pros
Excellent skilled workforce
Cons
Lack of career development
Good salary
Technicien (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC19 January 2019
The only one good thing was the wages
The machinery was old and inaccurate.
Usually one accident per week.
Several bosses without good leadership.
Équilibre famille travail
Gestionnaire de projet - Gestion de Programme (Former Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QC15 January 2019
L'équilibre famille travail est possible.
Le travail à Programme permet de voir multi-facettes de la compagnie
Programmeur analyste
Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mirabel, QC13 January 2019
Travailler dans une equipe sur la conception de detecteur de mouvement pour un evenement annuelle de Bombardier. conception d'intranet pour des departements
Bombardier Inc. was my first work term place. It was a privilege to work for an illustrious company.
Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC9 January 2019
Being a Programmer Analyst Intern, my job was to analyse the processes being done manually through the various business functions. I was able to assess how feasible the process is when it is Automated, known as Robotic Process Automation. I also assessed the business value the process would bring when automated and discussed it with the respective Directors and Managers. I was apart of a team that just started and was growing and so I had the privilege of participating in creating the Robotic Process Automation Timeline. Not only was I handed 1 project, but i took 3 other projects as well under my belt and was able to successfully accomplish them. I also received an RMP (Recognition and Mobilization Program Certificate) from one of my clients who were very content with the service they had received from myself.
Environnement médiocre
Chef d'équipe d'assembleurs (Former Employee) –  Valcourt, QC3 January 2019
trop d'amis qui se donnent des promotions au sein de la haute direction et ce ne sont pas toujours les plus compétants
Pros
vacances
Cons
Gestion déficiente
Good Place to work
Methods Analyst (Streetcars for TTC) (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON15 December 2018
I worked there for approx. 2 years on a short term contract. I had opportunity to work for a variety of managers, and lots of different things.

There were a lot of manufacturing issues which I had an opportunity to help fix.
Pros
Good people to work with
Cons
Long hours, low job security. always on layoff list.
Environnement de travail agréable
Agent Logistique des Matières- Acheteur (Current Employee) –  Centre de Finition Laurent Beaudoin12 December 2018
Achète le matériel nécessaire aux opérations
Gère les quantités, les délais de livraison des pièces à acheter et les prix
Élabore et analyse les soumissions auprès des fournisseurs et négocie les prix selon le requis
Recherche de nouvelles sources d’approvisionnement
Planifie les opérations en fonction des jalons à respecter
Coordonne les retours des pièces non-conformes avec les fournisseurs
Pros
bon salaire
Cons
aucun
Collaborative and Highly Functional workplace
OPERATIONS SUPPORT INTERN (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 December 2018
I appreciate the oppurtunities Bombardier has provided me. I value the use of management and other support mechanisms the company has to ensure the productivity of each individual.
Pros
Individualism
Interesting work place
Logistics agent line (Former Employee) –  Toro5 December 2018
Participate in the deployment of the SNC module (Supplier Network Collaboration) for suppliers.
Participate in the definition of Logistic KPIs, in the elaboration of a governance and implementation of SAP
Develop & plan for manufacturing plan deliverables such as shipping, kitting, facilities requirements-stores and consignment, etc.…
Assess Tier 1 supplier risks (PFMEAs) and participate at the IPDT (Integrated Product Development Team) of your respective commodity.
Participate in suppliers’ selection and negotiation to ensure a strong comprehension of operations and program requirements (MRD).
Great learning experience, room to grow
Aircraft Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 December 2018
- You learn as you go. Understanding new concepts and different ways of approaching problems
- Very focused by paying attention to detail
- Good atmosphere with coworkers
manque de flexibilité en temps personnel pour l'employé
Mécanicien pré-vol (Former Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, QC25 November 2018
0 flexibiblité pour des congés sans solde!
Manque d'écoute des employés!
Exigences de production parfois maladive et au détriment de la qualité et de la logique!
Performance sur papier(graphiques) plus importante que tout!!!
Pros
Salaire
Cons
Management intermédiaire déconnecté des employés
Great Place
structural assembler (Former Employee) –  Dorval, QC23 November 2018
Excellent place to work in terms of salary and benefits. Evening and night shifts are often asked to work. Overtime help raise your base salary immensely.
Environnement administratif incertain
Partenaire d'affaires en mobilité mondiale (Former Employee) –  St.-Bruno-de-Montarville, QC18 November 2018
Les bureaux de St-Bruno étaient en profonde réorganisation ce qui apportait un climat néfaste.
Dans mon domaine, il n'y avait pas assez de ressources pour faire le travail donc les heures de travail étaient simplement impossibles.
Pros
cafétéria sur le lieu de travail
Cons
doit avoir une auto
project
PROJECT COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON13 November 2018
working in a collaborative but challenging environment. Teamwork is essential and busy work routine is expected. Friendly co-workers, meetings are frequent.
environnement agreable et beau produit on n a a etre fier de notre produit
Assembleur au banc (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC9 November 2018
instructif on n apprend a tous les jours j ai appris l esprit d equipe,
beau partage de culture l aspectle plus difficile de mon poste comprendre ce que l on lit,l aspect le plus agreable produit fini on , na a etre fier de pouvoir fabriquer et de livrer de beaux produits de qualite superieur ,a nos clients et de dire que c est nous au quebec qui fabriquons ce produit.
Pros
culture differente
Cons
emploi non stable

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bombardier. Our community is ready to answer.