Bombardier Employee Reviews

Horrible Internship
Project Engineer Analyst (co-op) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 July 2018
I worked at BA Downsview as an Engineering Analyst Intern for 4 months. It was the worst 4 months of my life. My job was to run excel reports every day, tracking unknown items for an unknown team. The people I worked with had no interest in me as a person or to even give me the context of what I was doing. At the end of my time there, a co-worker I made reports for daily failed to learn my name. Despite being an engineering position my micromanaging supervisor was an office clerk with nothing but cynism and misery to pass on to me. She openly stated that Bombardier does not invest in its students because we get switched out every 4 months. We might as well be robots to them. The only reason I see of them hiring interns is to dump on the grunt work and our government subsidized wages. I had a horrible team and that might be an isolated incident but the entire office was silent as a mouse with no social interaction. After my time there, I seriously lost faith in my career path knowing that I could end up in a workplace like this. If you see a Project Engineer Analyst posting, avoid it like the plague.
Pros
Pays alright
Cons
They'll treat you like a robot and will make you miserable
jaime mon metier
Assembleur-monteur (Former Employee) –  Montréal-Est, QC20 July 2018
encien chef dequipe ajusteur monteur en charge developement projet travail sur reparation majeur rnc coach de projet kaisem personne determiner travail tres rapide et ben fais
great culture
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC19 July 2018
I like the mission and culture of the company very much.
however, 98% of the staffs in Bombardier come from an engineering background. maybe more diversify will help to improve the creativity and the efficiency.
New project in development
Structural Assembler (Current Employee) –  AAA Canada7 July 2018
Everyday I learn something new and love being a part of such a well established company, the people are amazing and very well qualified.
It is a great place to build my career and I feel proud working at the premises of Bombardier.
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 June 2018
Performed clerk duties, shipping and handling and worked late shifts. Pay is great. The hardest part is working late nights and enjoyable is learning new things.
Life at Bombardier Transportation
Control Tower Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 June 2018
2017 Bombardier's Management team is awesome, Lots has changed and we have new young faces in the company.
Hardest part of the job is the lack of communication within the company.
Pros
Great work enviroment
Cons
Not enough pay
The way they treated employees has changed over the years
Manager, Operations and Program Management (Current Employee) –  Mirabel, QC20 June 2018
Great innovative company. Management shoot from the hip and limited planning. Employees are not treated as well as they should and has changed over the years. It used to be very gratifying but as I mention this has changed.

If you're a person who does not mind an environment and decisions changing a lot of the time.
Pros
Gratifying working with large aircrafts, good people working
Cons
Can be chaotic with changing management focus
Laid back atmosphere with safety a priority
Technical Instructor (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON19 June 2018
Unionized environment so safety is number one. good company to work for. employees are very friendly and everyone gets along pretty well. lots of room of growth
Pros
relaxed
bien
Conseiller technique (Former Employee) –  Longueuil, QC18 June 2018
bcp a faire en souvent peu de temps mais les journee passe vite
Industry Standard Salary and benefit
Line Manager Global (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 June 2018
- Management lacks vision and team point of view.
- 50 Hours of work with no overtime pay, mostly because of lack of ownership of data and no standardized process
- Talents are not being used properly. Tasks are assigned based on the personal relationship instead of technical experience
- Culture is very outdated and lacks professionalism.
- No focus on employee satisfaction and motivation
- Not enough recognition
Great learning experience
Functional Analyst (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC15 June 2018
It is a good place to start with. You can grow technically and professionally. There is a lot to learn here but the environment is very stressful and there not much benefits to the employees.
Great company to work with
Equipment Maintainer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 June 2018
it's a nice place to work with. Stay busy and the day goes fast, learn new things all the times. Management and employees have a very good understanding and work very closely with eachother.
A good place to begin working
Financial Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC7 June 2018
Bombardier is a good place to start familiarizing yourself with fast paced work environment. As a financial analyst intern, I worked mostly on Unit Cost from all the plants. It enabled me to develop my skills in MS Excel and SAP tremendously. My colleagues were really friendly and welcomed me into the team. I also got to work on a business transformation project which helped me understand how a huge organization like Bombardier undertakes a crucial transformation project.
average
Aircraft Maintenance Instructor (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC6 June 2018
lots of work and lots to learn. involved a lot of travel at the training center. it's for more experienced workers with good self confidence. lots of opportunities.
Fantasic place to work!
Project Coordinator; Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 May 2018
You will never be bored here. There is always so much going on! Management and coworkers support each other. Plenty of opportunity for learning and growth.
Pros
Tim Hortons
bad place to work
Tools and Utilities Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 May 2018
Everyone here is here for the money. there is nothing else. Management is dumb as a pile of bricks. If you are not with the right sub contractor, then youll have a horrible time. Lay off are also frequent, and will only get more common when the get closer to selling the downsview plant.
Pros
higher pay
Cons
no work life balance, no room to grow, horrible management
bad place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 May 2018
Crazy place, management was bad and working hours were crazy, no balance. Union environment makes all decision difficult and also not open to change
Needs t work on major transformation initiatives to change mentality and processes
Great company but environment is not what is used to be.
Project Engineering Coordinator Global (Current Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, QC9 May 2018
Bombardier is a great company but work environment is not what it used to be. Always lots of work but we used to be a big family and Bombardier used to do way more for its employees. As an example employees hitting 20 year anniversaries only get a pin to thanks them and a card. They used to do way more.
Workplace culture
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Downsview, ON6 May 2018
All the employees are very helpful.
Managers are very kind and helpful.
Management follow what they preach.
Equality between management and staff.
Sometimes feels like discriminated.
Pros
Good perks
Cons
Long hours sometimes
Envirronement de travail excitant
Finisher (Former Employee) –  Dorval, QC3 May 2018
J'ai aimé mon expérience et suis prêt à revenir s'il était nécessaire

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bombardier. Our community is ready to answer.