Bombardier
Information from Bombardier:

Bombardier Employee Reviews

Canada1,072 reviews
Found 1,072 reviews matching the search
No challenges or advancement opportunities for certain roles. Hard to move up. Upper management sucks the life out of its employees. If you don't play the game properly, you'll be cut. Way too many layoffs. November and January are layoff times and all employees are constantly worried about their jobs. Not a way to live. Unfortunately Bombardier used to have a great reputation but now it is just sad.
Pros
Permanent working staff are great
Cons
HR is a joke. No support. Upper Management. Hard to move up. Only lateral moves.
Great team to work with, all have the same goal. Always room for advancement **** Only down fall is economy is down creates layoffs plant wide ++++++++++++++++++++++
Pros
Rewarded for job well done
Cons
No job is safe due to economy
- Lead validation Integrated Product Development Team (IPDT) meetings on a weekly basis, involving maintaining and reporting on Key Performance Indicator (KPI), tracking actions, coordinating resources, providing look-ahead reports
- Perform and coordinate the on-aircraft validation/certification of maintenance procedures with multiple stakeholders on multiple platforms (Transport Canada Civil Aviation (TCCA), Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), European Aviation Safety Agency
great place to work Job was always interesting We always had pride in are work Watching a plane take off for the first time made me feel good Did not like how the let us go from job!
Le titre dit long, Malheureusement, le bon vouloir et le professionnalisme des employés sont compromis par la lourdeur de la machine administrative.
Yes, i would certainly recommend working there. People are very nice, it's pretty fun and challenging. The salaries are also very high in general. I liked my experience.
People on the workforce and low/mid management work well together, but high management lack of vision and respect of employees. They always hire and then fire everyone, sometime even in the same week, while they vote them self excessive bonuses. and sadly the company was almost all sold or given away.
not fun workplace but there was table tennis table , management sucks, no job security, no future projects, management keep changing every 2-3 months.
Worked alongside one of the best teams at Bombardier. Provided with platform to show case my skills and hlep company develop and improve a manufacturing line as a methods analyst
If you want to live the dream, work at Bombardier.
Be aware of repetitive strain injuries- take micro breaks when needed.

Stay focused on your task and you'll be fine.
Pros
great coworkers
Cons
problems beyond your control make work stressful
Amazing team spirit and supportive management. A normal day would be focused on customer satisfaction and process/self-improvement. Daly reviews on stress and work levels.
I love it here. Great family. Though people have no choice in schedule and you might get laid off. So insecurity is always with us. The union does try and are successful some of the time.
Spent 28 years of my career at Bombardier in product development, I have grown from starting as a structural designer to become Airframe Structures Director responsible for all the Airframe product development teams responsible to design, build and certify 5 different airplane models including the fastest and biggest purpose business jet in the world (Global 7500).
vraiment tranquille comme travail, beaucoup de procédure, donc tout est lent
Travail sous pression, tôt de roulement plus ou moins élevé, il faut avoir une attitude très proactif dans le travail quotidien.
it was a better place several years ago. then things changed. not sure what exactly happened. in general, it was a good place to work. lots of talented people.
I enjoyed working here as I have always loved the aviation industry and was a perfect time to get the job as I had just moved to Toronto two months earlier.
Loved working with my small team, would definitely work there again. Only downside is the lack of job security, you always feel like they're going to fire people and downsize.
Expérience gratifiante et sentiment d'une grande famille.
This was not a pleasant experience

Management is very old school and promotion is based on sucking up to the bosses and being a yes man

Very strong politics and back stabbing on a daily basis

Management has no spine and caves to every costumer but blames everything that went wrong on the staff

Stay away from this place every
C'était un environnement de travail productif et agréable. Une ambiance calme et productive