Boehringer Ingelheim

Boehringer Ingelheim Employee Reviews

Canada40 reviews
Positive work experience
Excellent work culture and innovative. Leadership team provide clear direction and support learning tools in time of change. Advocates collaboration and open to new ideas for problem solving
Dishonest, disingenuous, selfish.
The summary says it all. I was totally screwed over by my manager and my team. It was the worst time of my life. I was lied to, rumours about me abounded, which were all lies. Team members are totally selfish. I suffered unfair dismissal which left me in ICU for a week. I couldn’t give a more negative review.
Changed culture of once great company
What used to be values of the company ten years ago is gone, politics and favouritism, power of HR and executives. Non qualified people are climbing the corporate ladder if they play the right game. Not the same (private) company it used to be, very much like most corporate pharma these days. Some departments still have a fairly good and balanced life while others are under huge pressure.
Good People and Products
Best in class products with some very good managers.
Great colleagues to work with and always willing to go the extra mile.

Given the right opportunity I would return.
Good experience, great team work
Enjoyed my time there - was able to grow as a rep and gain additional experience over time spent there - various in-field opportunities to allow professional growth.
Great People, Great Office Space, Great Management
My experience at Boehringer-Ingelheim Canada consisted mostly of sitting at my computer, either emailing or working on excel spreadsheets. From start to finish I had a great time working for BI. There is a level of trust between the management and the employees that I haven't experience anywhere else I have worked. My manager allowed me to manage my time and workflow in a way that maximized my productivity, which I really appreciated. Overall, I really enjoyed my time at BI, and I would highly recommend it to any University or College student looking to gain experience in the workforce!
Only accept internal jobs
There is a special way you are treated being a full time internal employee. If an external employee is not polite with you and is just direct to the point.Boehringer Ingelheim believes full time people have more value.
productive workplace
maintaining the workplace inside and out
daily inspections

Learned many, many tricks of the trade while working here

amazing management and co workers
Very positive environment to learn and gain experience
Understanding the the cross functionality departments is a key to being a successful, productive employee. This is made very easy by encouraging managers who promote learning and understanding how your role relates to that of others, and the importance of understanding the deep cross functionality of departments. Being able to gain experience in the various business areas facilitates success as an employee of Boehringer, as well as at any future endeavors following.
envirenement de travail
- entreprise très sérieuse
sur tous les paramétres
Great
I loved my experience there, the seniors really took care of me as a student. The pay was great. The work may have been a little too easy for someone from a difficult background undergrad-wise but it was fun.
Long hours but great people
The hours can be long but the management team is great!
It's a big company but still maintains a small company culture where people know each other on a personal level. Their salaries are on the lower end of the industry but their benefits are good, especially the vacation and personal days.
Pros
vacation and personal days
Cons
long hours, salary
Excellente expérience
J'ai eu l'opportunité d'assumer différentes responsabilités et de m'impliquer dans des projets de toutes sortes
Pros
Excellente esprit d'équipe
Cons
Charge de travail importante
Productive work place
BI is a good place to work with great, friendly people. The environment is currently under substantial change now given the evolution of the business.
Great Work Environment
I worked as a Planner and I did a small portion of Purchasing. I created the production orders, ran the Bill of Materials reports. I also interacted with our suppliers on a regular basis.
Pros
Great work environment and salary.
excellent company
every thing is perfect. I learned working on CE SDS . Management is perfect. The hardest part of the job is when there are so many samples and the dead line is very short.
Good company
Decent contract company. Good employee support. Great IT department. Limited job security. No career advancement opportunity. Average corporate culture
Pros
Good employee support
Cons
Very little job security
Flexibility in Schedule
Good training from corporate. Good benefits. Lots of great communication. Work can become boring and demotivating at times. Coworkers are friendly and there is friendly competition.
Pros
Flexibility in schedule
Cons
No cons
Great place to work at with a great culture
Boehringer Ingelheim is great place to work at and has a great work culture. A typical working day is done with daily meetingd to discuss the current Complains done in the tickets closure and review current projects in Bi that the End User Experience team is part of. Reviewing knowledge database with approving newly created articles. Reviewing IT to End users communication and IT to IT communication. Maintaining the self-service portal with new tips and tricks, and more.
Pros
Flexible working hours, Free coffee, work for home program
Cons
No opportunity to advance
Great experience
I had a great experience as a coop trainee. Many resources available to carry my research project and everyone was helpful to share their knowledge and skills. It unfortunately closed the R&D in Laval, Canada. Such a loss for virology research.
rich experience and motivating place to work at
I worked at the R&D division in Laval before it closed. It was a very productive experience and I learned a lot as a coop trainee. Many resources were available to conduct the research project and people were helpful to share experience and knowledge.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boehringer Ingelheim. Our community is ready to answer.