Body Energy Club

Body Energy Club Employee Reviews

Canada21 reviews
Good benefits, schedule ok
Good health benefits + free smoothie when I worked and store discounts, plus friendly atmosphere. However, work-life balance was a little difficult to manage as a student working PT but I learned so much with training and communicating what I needed. Had to go because my school schedule and BEC's were no longer compatible. I'd come back tho!
27 May 2020
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review! We are happy that you enjoyed working with us. We wish you much success with school and we hope to see you around soon!
Collaborative teamwork and customer-service oriented!
I would highly recommend working at BEC. The team is very professional and well-trained. There is a lot to learn about how to provide superior customer service and build at great team. Customer complaints are handled with care and concern about both customers and BEC colleagues. The culture is very positive and founded on collaboration. So you don't feel awkward asking for help or asking too many questions!

The most enjoyable part of the job - learning from colleagues who have been in the industry or at BEC for many years! There is a tonne of information to learn about what is offered to customers.
Pros
Management is very nice.
Cons
None that I can think of.
26 May 2020
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review! We are happy that you enjoy working with us and we will continue to offer training, education and support to all our amazing employees.
Great company with big growth potential!
This is a great company to work for that has see very big growth over a short period of time. I have seen many staff promoted from within and the company values opinions from staff on all levels. Overall there are many options to grow within this company and management are very supportive of ideas.
Pros
Discounts, Commissions, Bonuses and Free Smoothies.
26 May 2020
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review. We are happy that you enjoy working with us and we will continue to offer training and support to our amazing employees.
"Great Culture and Room to Grow"
Great culture: uplifting and engaged and there is room to grow and learn. Well compensated: base pay is good and increases annually, opportunity for bonuses, solid benefits, free smoothie per shift and in-store discounts are awesome!

A successful company: a local Vancouver brand that is an honour to be a part of!

A People Company: awesome people always make it a fun environment. As a leader, you play a huge role in bringing top talent into the organization.

While this organisation is not perfect, (there is always a lot to do but it keeps it interesting) management is very supportive, flexible (especially during COVID-19) and has good intentions. To be successful here, communication is key as this is a fast-paced environment.
26 May 2020
Thank you for your generous feedback! We are always striving to offer the best for our employees and just like in any retail and fast-paced organization, communication is essential to maintain solid team relationships. We appreciate the comment about COVID-19 as we continue to maintain our already elevated cleaning and social distancing standards. Best to you and thank you again!
Greedy, toxic, unprofessional company - do not work for them! 1 star is too generous
I worked for Body Energy Club for almost 2 years, across different seniority and they are without doubt one of the dodgiest, most greedy, selfish companies I have ever worked for. They treated me horrendously, and others too (the stories I would tell family and friends would disgust them). Staff were very under paid, the company would never support or look after the welfare of staff, for example if there was ever an abusive customer, they would side with the customer over the staff member, because they had the money. The toxicity comes down from the CEO to area management, HR and district management, which would induce a poisonous, two-faced, 'big brother is watching you' feel in the stores. They never granted pay raises, vacation requests or promotions and constantly lied to you. They would cheat over anyone to get the upper hand on sales or finances. They would work you until you were exhausted and promise you opportunities and lead you on, by making you do favors for them they couldn't get others to do (as those people had worked out their tricks). They also always under-tax, which would always mess up your tax returns.
If your background is in nutrition or fitness do not work for Body Energy! They will NOT support your career and will use you as a retail pawn only so they can make money. When I was there, they were secretly removing the few perks workers had! Luckily I got out when I did.
Dear former colleague,
Thank you for your feedback. As a CEO and Founder of Body Energy Club, I take great pride in the way we treat our amazing employees and I take it to heart that you did not have a great experience while you worked with us. I value and appreciate all of our current and former colleague’s feedback so I would really like to connect with you to get more details about your experience with us. I can be reached at Dominick@bodyenergyclub.con. I look forward to hearing from you. Sincerely yours.
what you learned in BEC
Foodservice selling smoothie. And also, teach how to help a customer finding the right product (supplement) And learning about supplements on the job site.
7 May 2020
Loved working for this company!
I absolutely enjoyed working for this company. The only reason I left was because my schedule conflicted with school and i had another part time job that offered me more benefits and pay. The job itself is very relaxed. It can be stressful sometimes as it can be a high volume job. But otherwise making smoothies were easy. Coworkers were friendly and management was reasonable. Would recommend this company and I was sad fo leave.
Pros
Discounts on food, smoothies, proteins and supplements. Free smoothie once every shift
Cons
Delay in posting schedule sometimes occurs
7 May 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a great review here. We are sad to see you go but we wish you the best and hope to continue being your one-stop-shop for all your supplements, sport nutrition, fresh prepared foods and smoothie needs.
Management care for their employees has greatly decreased
Management treats you like you're replaceable, ready to let you go at their first inconvenience. Ive been with them for years and their benefits, bonuses etc have been progressively cut. The business is growing which means the focus has become solely on growing the business and none on supporting current branches and their employees. VERY disappointed with my experience here. Would not suggest.
Dear former colleague,
Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am really sorry to hear about your negative experience with us. I would really like to connect with you to get more information from you about your experience with us. I can be reached at Dominick@bodyenergyclub.com. I look forward to hearing from you. Sincerely yours.
NOT really a great place to work (Vancover location)
Toxic co-workers
one free smoothie per shift

Management is okay. Pretends they will help you but, they dont. just some sugar coating and says its the best place to work and they will support you.

Irregular shifts

no proper training and expectation over the roof.

Everyone around you pretend to be your boss.

please do consider before applying. it will affect your mental health and physical health big time.

on top of everything low wage.
Pros
1 free smoothie, Manager was easy going and kind.
Cons
Irregular shift, toxic coworkers.
Dear former colleague,
Thank you for taking the time to express and share your feedback. I am really sorry to hear about your negative experience with us. I would really like you to connect with me to get more information about your experience, etc. I can be reached at Dominick@bodyenergyclub.com. I look forward to hearing from you. Thank you.
Great Company - Awesome CEO / Upper Management
They really care about the well being of all staff. Friendly, fun, and welcoming work place!

Would definitely recommend anyone looking to getting into sports nutrition, or supplements to apply! Lots of training.
7 May 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a great review here. We take pride in caring about the wellbeing, training and growth of the staff. We wish you the best in your new endeavors!
Fun workplace
I met some of the nicest people in this job. really easy- going friendly environment with so much help and opportunities. Easy job with a lot to learn and grow.
7 May 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a stellar review! We pride ourselves in the quality of our staff and we are glad that you reflect that as your experience. We do love to offer opportunities to learn and grow with Body Energy Club. We wish you the best with your new endeavors.
GM at Body Energy Club
No proper training and development plan for any position. Poor Upper Management. No accountability and there is no consistent training. The more experienced staff holds the company values not the "company". No company objective or core values as it's not being communicated or mentioned in the hiring process or training. No proper communication, no priority, and everything are important.
Dear former colleague,
Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am sorry to hear about your negative experience with us. I would really like you to connect with me to get more information about your experience with our organisation. I can be reached at Dominick@bodyenergyclub.com. I look forward to hearing from you. Sincerely.
Great place to learn
Body Energy Club is an amazing place to work if you're looking to learn things about fitness and nutrition. However, is very difficult to work there giving that a lot of people call in sick all the time so you end up having to pick their slack.
Pros
Great place to learn and lay back
Cons
money and working most weekends
Friendly and fasted paced
A very welcoming and supportive environment. Amazing management and scheduling that accommodates to your availability very well. Would highly recommend.
7 May 2020
We want to thank you for your great review and are so happy for your positive comments! A recommendation is the best compliment!
Smoothie making, Portion making, Clean up at end of night!
During the experience I worked at body energy club I was treated with the utmost respect from mangers. Floor staff and the people I was making smoothies with were very upbeat. Cheery energy going around with the staff, we would celebrate seasons by dressing up and making smoothies to the flavor of the season that it would come to.
Pros
1 free smoothie a day, healthy promotion
Cons
Shift changes
how it was to being a smoothie master
my experience of being a smoothie master was very positive i would love to stay in this position but i cannot because i had to leave to a more higher class smoothie job i loved everyone at this job especially dan he is dreamy XOXO ill miss you dan...
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing but dan was kinda a distraction
Fun workplace and great co-workers
I really enjoy working at Body Energy Club because of the fast paced environment, great regular customers and my work mates who are always supportive and fun to work with.
It is a well managed company with a lot of support on offer and paid training.

It has a small knit family vibe even though there are 5 locations in Vancouver.

Only good things to say about BEC!
Pros
Good management
Cons
Can get very busy, so must be able to work under pressure
Crecimiento laboral
Monitoreo de inventario
Precios

Pedidos

Atención a cliente

Limpieza

Organización
Pros
Descuentos, seguro médico, bonus
Cons
Cambio de domicilio
Energetic healthy people who strive for the optimal.
I found that these were very well informed intelligent co workers that taught me a lot about nutrition, alternative health, homeopathy, fitness and spirituality. The hardest part of the job for me was keeping up with the vast knowledge of the management and trained sales reps.
Learning and being a part of a very clean and wholesome environment was very comforting and helped me strive for better professionalism and accountability.
Pros
Clean, profesional
Amazing enviroment and lots to learn
I use to be on charge of all the smoothie bar, but the amazing thing is that I learned so much in this store, all about supplements and all kind of good and healthy smoothies.
Pros
amazing enviroment and lots to learn
Cons
low pay
Healthy, Happy , Informative working environment
I learned a lot about vitamins and the body.
I learned to multi task and work under pressure.

The cleaning techniques were immaculate and precise.

My co-workers were professionals and specialized in there own unique way.
Pros
Free smoothies and discounts
Cons
Small work space