Body + Soul Fitness Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Salesman first, trainer second
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Front street18 February 2018
You aren't able to start earning until after you have sold a personal training package. You don't earn anything for making the sale- you only start earning your hourly rate once the client starts attending their sessions. You make absolutely nothing for selling gym memberships, but you're expected to aggressively sell these as well. Because of the heavier emphasis on making the sale, I'd consider this a job in sales.

I put in about 200 hours as an employee with this company and ended up earning less than $50. Granted, this is because I have no passion for being a salesman. You could be the best trainer in the country but if you don't sell and meet your sales targets, you won't make it here.

I was uncomfortable with the aggressive sales script, my manager asking me to open my email for them to read, the hours of unpaid labour, false timelines, and more.

On the positive side, most employees here are generally friendly and personable people. There are also very knowledgeable mentors that have very useful fitness oriented information to pass on.
Pros
The people aren't awful
Cons
Sales first, Trainer second
Its an OK place to work if you can get along with the owner
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 June 2012
I would not advise someone to take a management job with Body + Soul Fitness. Job security is very low, and managerial turnover is excessive.

The staff members are great, and fun to work with.
Pros
great facility, good staff and friendly members
Cons
the owner, time, marketing, budget