Bobby O'Brien's Employee Reviews

High staff turnover created an undesirable environment
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Guelph28 April 2018
During my employment at Bobby's I saw over 4 head chefs cycle through, in addition to countless employees. This created an extremely poorly managed environment which was not enjoyable to work in. Everyone did their best to cope, and I met many pleasant and hardworking individuals, but without a permanent kitchen manager/head chef it was a less than enjoyable experience overall. I wish everyone there the best and I hope things get better soon.
Pros
Competitive hourly wage, free meal each shift
Cons
poorly managed
Enjoyable work environment
Server (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON1 August 2017
I enjoyed most of my time working at Bobby O'Briens. I found the management to be good at communicating with staff and scheduling fairly depending on staff needs.
Great start out
Server (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON24 May 2017
Working at Bobby O'Brien's provided me with the skills that I needed to start out in the industry. It is a fast paced environment, especially in the summer months. During the training process you work with a couple different servers, you shadow them and work up to being able to serve a table yourself. The management makes sure that everyone is on their toes and keeping busy. If they feel you are not preforming your daily tasks to the satisfaction of themselves as well as the guests, they will take the time to retrain you. The hardest part of the job is keeping up with your sections (as sometimes they are quite large), and ensuring that all your guests are satisfied, while abiding by you Smart Serve. Guests can get upset, and cause a scene if you cut them off from alcohol, so that is something you should be prepared for before getting into this industry (it happens at EVERY restaurant). Be prepared for long hours,and a lot of time spent on your feet.

You can make really great friends while working a Bobby's, everyone was treated as family while I worked there. You were well looked out for by all staff and management.
Pros
fun, nice staff
Cons
long hours, a lot of time spent on feet
fun workplace
Server (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON9 April 2015
Pros:
fun, flexible work hours, very accommodating in terms of working around schedule.

Cons:
expected to attend staff social events in order to get hours/shifts