Boathouse Employee Reviews

great summer job
line cook during summer (Former Employee) –  White Rock, BC19 September 2018
i worked at the boathouse for two summers on the deck as a line cook. I loved it. super chill and fun staff. everyone is super laid back and the scheduling is very flexible and the pay is good
a good place to work
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON16 September 2018
i have been working here as cook for nearly 4 months its a great place to work. i was assigned shifts as per my college timings which was very helpful for me.
Pros
nice work environment
Cons
closing along sometimes is not good
Fun Job, Sometimes Frustrating, but Worth It
FullTime Keyholder (Current Employee) –  Prince George, BC25 August 2018
I’ve worked here on and off for years. It’s always been a “welcome home” whenever I come back. It’s definitely had its ups and downs but I’ve made some close friends here who’ll be around for the rest of my life. Every retail store has it’s downfalls, but this one has a way of making it up to you.
Pros
Strong Staff, Discounts, Easy time off
Cons
Pay could be abit better for keyholders/management
fun environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON13 August 2018
wonderful place to work if you enjoy clothes but very slow pace. Good for customer service experience and positive people. good management. long shifts
Slow work day.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 July 2018
I had a hard time with this job being that i didnt get any breaks working a 5 hr shift. Boring job. Didnt really get along with the co workers, they were all stuck up. lots of standing around with nothing to do.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Standing around for long periods of time.
Fast Paced Not Good Management
Host (Former Employee) –  Port Moody, BC18 June 2018
One of the managers hated half of the host team so she never would schedule us. We ended up taking any shift put up but they would decline the shift change so a few of us ended up quitting. When I put in my two weeks I didn't get another shift
Amazing management team and fun, goal driven work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON25 May 2018
Amazing management team and fun, goal driven work environment.
-management team super accommodating with my second job
-consistent feedback given to facilitate self improvement
Engaging with customers and food constantly
Expediter, salad chef, food runner, host (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC11 May 2018
Worked in a fast paced environment with very interesting people. Learn the food, learn regulars and tourists. Never a dull moment at the Boathouse Restaurant.
Great place for students
Sales Associate/Key-holder (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON8 May 2018
On average, working here was great. There were sometimes where there weren't acceptable conditions that occured but they were never in house issues. They were always behind the house. Managers felt a lack of freedom with expression of "their" store. Other than that, it was and is a perfect job for students learning to build experience with customer service and gain job experience.
Quick cash
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  White Rock, BC3 May 2018
If you don't have a lot of skills, and you're in need of money this job is for you. This is great for summer during off-school days for students. You are constantly on your feet and keeping your body fit is an added benefit to the job.
Pros
pay, free food
Cons
Physically tasking, high pressure
good first job
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON2 May 2018
if you like the boho chic look then this is the perfect place to work and shop, people are very friendly and kind. if you can be bubbly then you will be able to make your daily quota
It was a nice place to work , although , it had major set backs
Cook (Former Employee) –  Sanford, NC30 April 2018
This place was unprofessional in every category , management was set up weird , the owner did not know how to run his on place and was disrespectful and rude
Pros
Get to eat when there no customers
Cons
Bad management
Great staff, Not so great management
Sales Associate/Health and Safety (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB20 April 2018
Family like-staff, however, management chooses favorites and provides hours based on who they like rather than job performance. Employees rarely exceed 5 months
Pros
40% off
Cons
Wanting to die
Lead Hostess
Lead Hostess (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC11 April 2018
Great staff and good management... still super caddy. The washrooms were nice so were all the different locations. The job itself was a labour job but still super fun because of the staff.
Horrible Upper management does not care about workers
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON22 March 2018
Head office and all of the management don't care about how hard you work every single day, and how many long hours you out in. We went through 5 managers in less than a year, which made the work load even more stressful. Put in my own money to buy cleaning supplies for the store on numerous occasions. No one cares if your doing amazing they will still pick out the smallest flaw. Many times I was left short handed working alone for hours on ends. Payroll got messed up a lot and I still haven't seen that money back and it has been months. They don't own up to anything they do wrong.
Pros
nothing
Cons
hours, how your treated, management, organization, helpfulness
Fun workplace, poor management
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON11 March 2018
I really enjoy my job, however we have gone through 6 managers in 17 months, and during that time had MONTHS without any manager, making the stress and work load extreme. I learned everything i know about sales, and how to properly sell and speak to customers. I worked closely with the district manager giving me extra management knowledge.
Pros
friendly atmosphere, create my own schedule
Cons
lots of stress, little-no breaks
Fun workplace.
Sales Associate - Full Time (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK4 March 2018
My manager made my time here really fun, she was really outgoing and really understandable. definitely made the workplace enjoyable. the downside of the job was folding clothes, however it was do able.
Busy workplace with adorable aesthetic
Ice Cream/Runner (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON26 February 2018
Be prepared to serve very long lines of costumers, your arms will be very soar by the end of the night. Also keep hydrated, there is no air conditioning. Perks include free ice cream while working. Costumers are generally very friendly and fellow employees soon become great friends.
Pros
ice cream
Cons
Fun and productive place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Sydney, NS5 February 2018
They are like a family. Management is terrific, customers are very polite and other team members are amazing. This is by far my best experience in the work industry.
this is what i think
Server/Barback/Expeditor (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON12 January 2018
they are great they treat everyone like family they are a hard working team everything has to be done a certian way and they wear black an d blue and r very busy

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boathouse. Our community is ready to answer.