Boart Longyear

Boart Longyear Employee Reviews

Canada79 reviews
travel across canada
Boart longyear takes care of their employees, accomadations, salary, benefits. Safety is a big priority with Boart. i was very pleased with their employment.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
Seasonal work
Very high pressure. Favoritisms and reverse discrimination.
Worst place to work. No consistency or discipline. Rules always changing. Very stressful work environment. Rules only applied to white Canadians not to immigrants. Languages other than English was spoken on ship floor, made for communication barriers and disrespectful if English is your only language. HR or management did nothing about it. Management and HR favored immigrants and there was no discipline towards them
Great company
Great company.
Great benefits.

Friendly work environment.

They had to cut employees because of falling market.

I would like to work for them till retirement
Pros
great benefits
Cons
massive cut due to falling market
Bonne compagnie
Compagnie qui vas de l'avant avec de bon equippement .
A good company to work for
I enjoyed my expeirence with boart. Till I just couldn't go underground anymore. If you work your butt off you will advance and can make decent purse change.
I truly enjoyed working for boart longyear. I felt like the coworkers were family. The equimpment was also great to operate. Thanks boart for the opertunaty.
I had experience. Showed the initiative. Got the job.
Stay sober and clean. Prove to urself you can do the job. Have good mind set. Keep a good relationship with ur family. B urself. Make sure your able to work 84 hours a week. Injoy everyday cause u never know u might see a herd of muskots
Was great until the job actually started
They are a decent paying company, but when it came time to actually get the equipment and supplies needed to do the work they took forever to get the ball rolling.

They also did not pay me on time several times, along with paying semi monthly which was super confusing.
great workplace, horrible management.
Worked at holt and holloway for roughly 6 months contract was good just the shifter was a complete tool bag (jordan evans) other than that was overall good company to work for.
Very good
Enjoyed working for them it was challenging and the management was very cool to work with and would like to have the experience in working in a bigger opportunity like vale
good drilling company. has gone down in the last few years
boart longyear is a good place for drillers to get started. the training is very good and you can move up in drilling quickly. unfortunately there isnt much oppertunity to get much higher than that. the wages are pretty good. the benefits are very good.most of the work force gets along very well and the company has a good reputation. the work is hard but worth the money. the companies biggest concern is safety which is a good thing. i have been working for boart longyear for eight years and counting and in that time have received a fair amount of training. i feel though that in order to advance my career now it will have to be at a different company. it is a shame but there isn't much more room for advancement. there is a good safety culture there and a good group of people ther. for this reason i would tell anyone to apply to the company
Amazing
Amazing company helps you to move foward and gain abilities
Great company with amazing team
A great company with an amazing team. Loved the flexibility. Everybody is nice and helpful. I hope to find a job in a company with similar environment.
A real experience
As a dedicated employee, Boart Longyear has allowed me to excel and exceed well beyond expectation. Although working in the field, it does take away from your home life, as expected on rotation, and job stability fluctuates based on contract/mineral cost in the exploration field. Aside from that aspect, I have never been let down, and always encourage others to look to Borat for a career.
Pros
Pay, structure, opportunity
Cons
scheduling, contract work
Good crews
Bring bread all kinds too!
Lots of 💩 to chew through

Good men to work with just like everybody else grass is green first ten feet dog urine after that so dont put all your eggs in the basket
Pros
They all left
Cons
U just a number
Good workplace to work
Overall good company to work. Friendly environment. Good benefits.
Job security. Regular audits.Location is good to work, small town and people are friendly.
Pros
Friendly
Cons
Mining industry is uncertin
Driven to jobsite
-down mine shaft to underground

- check equipment before usuage

-employee meeting to advise of daily job

-safety always done

-then off to mining at our locations
Decent employer
Good employer, however job security is tied to price of gold, because main offering is exploration mining products. Boom bust industry causes loss of employment at times.
Pros
Benefits, wages, culture
Cons
Boom or bust industry, job security
Would not recommend
Would give zero stars if possible. Was given a job and told to quit the job I had at the time, completed all training and requirements only to be let go without reason before I could even start.
Great group of people
Boart has a great mix of people that work here.. I really enjoy working here. If there was anything that I would change it would be better planning for jobs, as opposed to last minute rushing
Pros
Work hours, management, staff
Cons
lack of planning, leaving things to the last minute and expecting miracles
People have started leaving as the market value of the company is going down.Last 6 months 4 supervisor has left to pursue better carrier.
Change in top management has taken a big hit
Pros
Cons
No future for the company