Boardwalk Rental Communities Employee Reviews

Diversity and challenging
Sales/Rentals (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 April 2018
A day working at Boardwalk Rental Communities was always challenging and rewarding. Everyday was a day to meet new and interesting people from different cultures. One of the hardest parts of my job was to say good bye to the members of our community when it was time for them to move on.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Poor Communication
Great Company with an adaptive business model that helps employees keep their jobs
Landscaper (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 March 2018
typical 7 to 4 job, safety and protocol oriented procedures. Special projects assigned every Monday that would last thought the whole week alongside with our mandatory daily duty list( clean all walks, clean around dumpsters, dispose of pet waste.)
Be warned
Building Operator (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB9 March 2018
The worst place to work and live. The management will throw you under the bus to save their own hide for their short comings. The will rob you of your self-respect you're dignity embarress you, shame you, over work you, blame you, and threaten you with job security and and constantly overload you without giving you overtime but it has to be done or they will find the next sole to plunder leaving you with the only option to do it all for free on your own time.
Pros
Some co-workers were great
Cons
Management, drug fueled tenants, that constantly steal sometimes with the help of some low life co-workers, who collaborate and pay is not good.
Keep your distance from Boardwalk
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 March 2018
I have been really mistreated by Boardwalk and they have gotten worse since I worked here. They have too many staff changes since not everyone can tolerate their mistreatment of people. They are such high demanding company. Be ready to be micromanaged as they literally watch every move someone makes on the phone or computer. I have a terrible leader and no one cares about all the things he does wrong because he’s at Bw for too long. You are next to nothing and they have no value for you as a human unless you bring in loads of $$ to the company. I would stay far and avoid this company. This is not a long term career to rely as you can be gone at any time any point. So don’t invest your time here to work or rent. The worst part of your job is having to treat other people like garbage because you have to follow the procedures and policies of the company or you will be fired even for a slight wiggle room.
Ok Bw train your employees before expecting too much from them. You can’t expect someone to know things without showing them. Respect people - leader, you might be the boss but others are not dumb or stupid as you imply with your comments. No coffee breaks, no wifi, termination without just cause. Terrible management and a company who just want $$ no care for humans whatsoever.
Pros
Ok pay. Good temp job. Quick hire faster fire
Cons
Insecure job, no respect or empathy for humanity. No coffee breaks or wifi.
bad place to work
cleaner (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 March 2018
garbage company who stop worker from being unionized.cleaner are treated like second class citzens.i won,t send my dog . they are firing long term staff and not paying them any severance.
Pros
steady work
Cons
abuse by management
working here is difficult
Customer Service Representative Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 February 2018
work here if you like to be micromanaged and mistreated by your supervisors.they expect you to do more with less time. upper management has no idea how the area co-ordinators treat their staff .you would think if people are stepping down from supervisor positions and other staff quiting they would maybe take a look at that suervisor ?
Pros
free lunch ( once a year )
Cons
micromanaging bosses who have no idea of what you do.
Great Pay and Benefits
Resident Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ON3 February 2018
I worked at Boardwalk as a Resident CSR and I did find the on-call to be a bit overwhelming at times, however it is only 4 days a week so you do get a break. It just seems unnecessary to be answering calls about availability when there's a 24 hour call centre just for that reason.

HOWEVER- in exchange for the on-call time, you get a dirt cheap apartment (usually a nice, renovated one) and the pay is really, really reasonable given what other places pay. The health benefits are also really good, and there are lots of company dinners and events that are really fun.
Pros
Pay, health benefits, cheap apartment, company outings, company does lots for charities and community events
Cons
On-call hours, upper management can be a little out of touch with what is realistic to ask of staff
The Worst place to live and work.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 February 2018
Co - workers treat new employees like some kind of a threat.
Managers are always seeking ways to earn bonuses each year. So anything you tell them to correct and improve falls on deaf ears.
Lots of backbiting. Only Philippines seem to last here because they divide and rule others.
Maintainance steal from the company in collaboration with the office staff. They drive on weekend nights ans days off to pick up items stolen.
I dont recommend working at boardwalk unless you speak telago. Goodluck!
Pros
Uniform
Cons
Unnecessary stress
Work home Life Balance
Onsite Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ON16 January 2018
I found their work to home life balance nice and reasonable. Management is good. Benefits were great. People are friendly and professional. Hours were reasonable to and competitive wage.
Lots of things you will learn
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 November 2017
Everything is to be maintained here,from carpentry to plumbing, electrical, HVAC, etc.,.We do our very best first to fix the problem.Contractor is the last option. I learned almost 90% of my skills from this company.
Great
Landscaper (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 November 2017
Boardwalk has a great team to work with. The job allows a great life balance. It has great job security. The management really tries to help out where they can.
Horibble company to work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 August 2017
Management tells lies to you trying to make you look bad. Don't care about you at all, you are just one of the people that has to cover the shift. No bonus or raise because they have to give away all the incentives and do all the upgrades. To them, you are just a number nobody cares about! EI is better then this company. Unsafe place to work, you have to kick out homeless people.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
OT with no pay, horibble managment, no raise
DO NOT waste your time in such a unstable company
NON Resident CSR (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 August 2017
First of all as a Non Residential CSR, what ever it says on the job description is absolutely a lie and they will work you 10 times like an animal to the point of breaking. they do not give you enough money or time for such a heavy loaded job. Management is absolutely untrustworthy and horrible as one day everything at work is going great and in a split second managers attitude towards. you never feel like there is job protection and you can not rely on this job for than 2 and a half month. high turnover that boardwalk is famous just proves my point.
Pros
Nothing except for the leads and employers
Cons
No job security, long hours, no overtime compensation and not enough income for the amount work you do.
Bwalk
Lead Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 August 2017
I do not agree with the fact that I need to judge my work in order to move forward on this log in. My opinion will be just that, mine. I do not need to share it with the world
Pros
Lovely staff, good benefits
Cons
Not applicable
Good start into property management
Residential Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 August 2017
The job was good the people where good but some of the management was not, that's not to say all weren't good. The lack of income was and poor management is why I left eventually.
Pros
Rent discount
Cons
Long hours and small salary
Demands that you work overtime without pay
Resident Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 July 2017
A typical day at work consists of being asked to go above and beyond your duties without compensation. You learn very quickly that everyone is replaceable. Upper management and owners treat you poorly and you are treated like a second class citizen. The workplace culture expects that you work overtime regularly, again without any type of compensation. The hardest part of the job is the inconsistency with policy and procedure. There is nothing enjoyable about the job unless you like being in trouble.
Pros
You have a job
interesting work place
CSR Landlord (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 June 2017
In the area i was working in, they expected us to deal with homeless, drunks, and people on drugs as opposed to calling the police. There is a very poor work alone policy as well. The area coordinator was a micromanager who needed to be in the loop of everything but didn't give direction or delegated tasks to employees so the work would often be held up because of her and her thousands of unanswered emails. I was also robbed by potential tenants as well as I was present for a drug overdose and had to fill out a witness statement to a murder.....
I'm not saying all of boardwalk was like this but definitely in the abbottsfield area.
Horrible place to work
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon11 April 2017
Staff is very cliquey and if you don't fit in then you are let go. Management has no integrity, just wants to be friends with the staff and not care about productivity.
productive
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB31 March 2017
very demanding and fast and hard ,you learn so much think like customer service management ,work place full of complain from the costumers ,flood in the building ,pizza day
Pros
Cons
on call
Amazing community environment.
Accounting department clerk (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 March 2017
Boardwalk is a wonderful place to work. Everyone is very helpful. The owners and executives are very active in the employees work place life and ensure a healthy balanced community. They also make sure their employees have the resources for a balanced personal life as well. Very accommodating and rewarding to those who work hard.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boardwalk Rental Communities. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9