Boardwalk Rental Communities Employee Reviews

Good place to start a career
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 April 2019
Boardwalk is a great company to start. I was very happy, content and felt secure with the job. But recent changes made me changed my heart to work for them.
Pros
salary, benefits
Cons
shortage in work force
Don't Bother
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 March 2019
This is the worst company that there is. If you work at Head Office, you have all the benefits. They could not care about the people that are out at the sites. It is the people that run the company as they are the ones that bring the people into rent the suites and keep them there when their lease is up. If you are a CSR, you get paid once a month and the take home pay was around $2000.00 a month. You work harder than that is worth. The owner of the company doesn't have a clue what is going on in his company. At least I hope that he doesn't realize how bad the site staff are treated. There are too many managers and not enough workers. Whatever you do, don't complain to any manager as you will pay for it. The amount of people that go on stress leave is unreal. If you want to work too hard for very little pay, and treated like dirt, then this would be your job
Pros
Some good co-workers
Cons
long hours, not appreciated, terrible managers, waiting to get fired everyday
Bad place to work dont waste your time
small capital (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB17 March 2019
I worked here just over 4 years I have seen it all drugs,fights,bed bugs,mold, adsedos name it and iv seen it managment- leaders what can I say well in red deer there are two leaders which dont care about you or your family's they will throw you under the bus just to save them selves when they are constantly in the wrong with safety and not evening knowing what you do.They push you harder and harder every day till you break and if you go to HR with any problems your leader is notified of what you said witch is supposed to be confidential and they will make your life hard or just let you go with no severance just good bye. The leaders are the worst sleeping on the job witch there's proof(photos) never getting things done as they are as lazy as ever. I you have a family I say stay away for the benifit of you and your family it was not like this when I started in 2014 but things have just gotten way out of hand and the turn over rate is through the roof not a stable company any more VERY BAD WORK PlACE.
Pros
a couple co wokers
Cons
leaders not safe work and fake training
You can do better than this company. Believe me.
Customer Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 March 2019
I moved up from Calgary for a Customer Care Manager position. After my first week, my supervisor was let go. In my second week they wanted to change my job position. Unfortunately the higher level managers aren’t the best with human interaction. I wouldn’t wish a job with this company upon my worst enemies. They talk like they are a great place but really not at all. Think three times before accepting a job with this company.
Pros
Fast paced environment
Cons
No work life balance, poor management, crack head tenants
Toxic Place
Worker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 March 2019
Toxic work environment that always has you worried whether you're being watched by someone in management from Calgary and if/when you're going to be fired. Just don't bother wasting your time.
Pros
Cons
The list is so long I wouldnt know where to begin
Great Place to work
Purchaser / Expeditor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 February 2019
The company always supported the advancement of its employees. Our teams were very close and we had many team outings as a company to grow the team "brand". I would recommend this company to anyone.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Non
Avoid at all costs
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 February 2019
Stay away - there are so many more options to work for this little money. Management rules through fear tactics. Nobody is interested in teaching. Seems like a big company, but runs like the family business it really is.
Poor management
Maintenance Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 January 2019
Sites managers ( they call them “leaders”) don’t know anything about renovations and maintenance and they try to teach you how to do your work. Unrealistic deadlines for most of work, quality of work is absolutely a shame and they don’t care about that at all. If you are profesional and respect yourself and your work this place is not for you. Pay is good but you have to deal with a lot of nonsense every day.
Journée de travail typique
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC8 January 2019
Bonne ambiance, équipe homogène et sont a l'écoute.
Pros
Ambiance
Cons
rien
Don't bother!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 December 2018
If you are part of "The Good Old Boys Club", you will do well and move up within the company even if you don't know what you are doing.
You're just a number. Hard working employees are not valued.
Pros
Helping someone find their new home.
Cons
No appreciation for a job well done.
Leading in Customer Service and Property Management.
Leasing Manager (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB2 December 2018
Working with individuals and families of all walks of life in finding their homes. A Community-based and focused rental property management within Canada.
Little care for employees, management cares about just themselves
Procurement Administrator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 November 2018
I would not recommend boardwalk,
Underpaid for being overworked
Management cares more about keeping their superiors happy and will walk on eggshells if it means the owners will give them praise, if you an admin of any kind you just do all the work for your leads while they take credit
Cons
Low pay
Very helpful environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON1 October 2018
Being a 24/7 call center we are able to help out many people in the comfort of our home as this is a work from home position. We get to make our own schedules. Being able to help our residents or prospective resident is very satisfying.
Pros
Working from home
Cons
reduced hours
Fun people to work with
Non-Resident Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB and Calgary AB24 July 2018
Typical day would be full of fun with the customers and the sort out their problems or help them order their items. Christmas time was always the best as you could see the excitement on their faces as they ordered and received their purchases. The management was always willing to lend a hand if you got swamped.
Pros
The staff at the Cafe and Catalogue department were very easy to work with.
Cons
Sometimes very long hours.
Was a great place to work
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB19 June 2018
Great place to work came back to Prince Albert to take care of my mother.
Always busy no day was the same.
I learned that people are different and just looking for a nice place to live.
One of the hardest part of the job was none of the buildings had elevators. Some days spent running up and down constantly and when on call all 8 buildings.
Was enjoyable to receive bonuses.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
No elevators
Diversity and challenging
Sales/Rentals (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 April 2018
A day working at Boardwalk Rental Communities was always challenging and rewarding. Everyday was a day to meet new and interesting people from different cultures. One of the hardest parts of my job was to say good bye to the members of our community when it was time for them to move on.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Poor Communication
Great Company with an adaptive business model that helps employees keep their jobs
Landscaper (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 March 2018
typical 7 to 4 job, safety and protocol oriented procedures. Special projects assigned every Monday that would last thought the whole week alongside with our mandatory daily duty list( clean all walks, clean around dumpsters, dispose of pet waste.)
Be warned
Building Operator (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB9 March 2018
The worst place to work and live. The management will throw you under the bus to save their own hide for their short comings. The will rob you of your self-respect you're dignity embarress you, shame you, over work you, blame you, and threaten you with job security and and constantly overload you without giving you overtime but it has to be done or they will find the next sole to plunder leaving you with the only option to do it all for free on your own time.
Pros
Some co-workers were great
Cons
Management, drug fueled tenants, that constantly steal sometimes with the help of some low life co-workers, who collaborate and pay is not good.
Keep your distance from Boardwalk
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 March 2018
I have been really mistreated by Boardwalk and they have gotten worse since I worked here. They have too many staff changes since not everyone can tolerate their mistreatment of people. They are such high demanding company. Be ready to be micromanaged as they literally watch every move someone makes on the phone or computer. I have a terrible leader and no one cares about all the things he does wrong because he’s at Bw for too long. You are next to nothing and they have no value for you as a human unless you bring in loads of $$ to the company. I would stay far and avoid this company. This is not a long term career to rely as you can be gone at any time any point. So don’t invest your time here to work or rent. The worst part of your job is having to treat other people like garbage because you have to follow the procedures and policies of the company or you will be fired even for a slight wiggle room.
Ok Bw train your employees before expecting too much from them. You can’t expect someone to know things without showing them. Respect people - leader, you might be the boss but others are not dumb or stupid as you imply with your comments. No coffee breaks, no wifi, termination without just cause. Terrible management and a company who just want $$ no care for humans whatsoever.
Pros
Ok pay. Good temp job. Quick hire faster fire
Cons
Insecure job, no respect or empathy for humanity. No coffee breaks or wifi.
bad place to work
cleaner (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 March 2018
garbage company who stop worker from being unionized.cleaner are treated like second class citzens.i won,t send my dog . they are firing long term staff and not paying them any severance.
Pros
steady work
Cons
abuse by management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boardwalk Rental Communities. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9