Boardwalk

Boardwalk Employee Reviews

Canada153 reviews
They have a good benefits, management they only think about them schedules set , not chance to change your schedules , great coworkers bonus annually.
Benefits
Cons
Salary, works weekends
Working for boardwalk is not ideal for a lack of better words. The people that work on the “ground level” , the people that actually make the work happen are great, but get treated like dirt. The management expect literal perfection, and have extremely unrealistic expectations. It’s basically like being given a toothpick and being asked to build Noah’s arc. Time lines are ridiculous and the upper management is incredibly fake. The amount of hoops you have to jump through to get anything done is insane. On top of the ououtrageous work load you will get you also will have a crazy amount of paperwork to get through aswell as administration work. The leaders of the crews do not help and only care about themselves, and their bonuses based off the work that you will put in. Do not work for this company, you will not enjoy it and you will be better off working elsewhere .
Cons
Bed bugs, management, work load, stress, mental wellness
It was a good interview lots of questions about customer service and my experience it was excellent. Manager was intelligent and asked appropriate questions and asked for my history
You can be an expert on the field of costumer service or building tech but your voice does not matter as management get together to discuss their great ideas based on limited knowledge. They say do it right but in fact it should be do it cheap which is a contradiction. If you can put up with low quality service this is the place for you, but if you pride yourself in being a good worker who cares about doing what is right with your experience forget about it.
Your job is never secure, there are constant threats that you will be let go if you do not perform and there are a lot of favoritism and office politics. You are always expected to work. It is never ending cycle. While working there you always try to be optimistic however something negative will always come your way. You never know how management feels about you.
Revolving door, no job security, mostly immigrants working in leasing offices so there is a huge language barrier, and most people living with Boardwalk wish they had looked at reviews of other people living there first. Alot of confusion and shortage of staff, alot of miscommunication, and unhappy renters, alot of complaints and very frustrating job, not worth the constant aggravation. I do not recommend.
Working with boardwalk you gonna learn a lots of experience and you can apply daily living. You gonna learn how to do plumbing, installing drywall and learn customer service.
Boardwalk doesn't care about safety. We can't physically do social distancing. We are told we MUST do showings and even show occupied suites. There are no masks, no hand sanitizer, no gloves. Meetings and staff lunches continue despite directions to limit them. Meanwhile, leaders are safe working from home. I am scared to say anything because I will lose my job. All that counts is renting and collecting rents, not our or tenant safety.
La direction est désorganisée
Le directeur des opérations est arrogant et imbu de lui-même. Il ne pense qu’à une chose et ce n’est ni au bien-être des employés ni des locataires. Il ne pense qu’aux profits. Mise à pied sauvages, surcharge de travail, absence totale de leadership et d’écoute. Manque d’outils et de matériel pour effectuer notre travail. Cheap à l’os! Bons avantages, bons salaires.
The owners are as cheap as they get I was a maintenance person and was well under paid for how much work I put out there all talk and no walk and very unorganized
Pros
Cons
They Suck
This company will drive you Nuts poor tainning on there system no one speaks English On call is the worst you will get called out for things other companys would leave tell the AM time to complete therw are a lot of lazy lazy personal here sleeping on the job not even cleanning properly using a old mop heaf for months you will feel like a slave at this company they rush everything the walls look horrible i would stay far away from this place
A typical day at work was meeting with landscapers and maintenance, responding to emails,answering phone-calls and customers inquiries. Also doing showings, renting suites, following up with jobs, calling defaults, going to the bank and working with co-workers as a team.
Boardwalk is a good place to develop your skills as a CSR but dont be too comfortable at the job because you might be terminated as a new employee during probation without any reason
They treat there staff poor. There is no life work balance, and it is very stressful with unreal expectations coming from head office all the time. A frustrating company to work for.
I was expected to be able to work alone with only a few days of on-site training. A ceiling leak resulted in the discovery of black mold, and I was never given remediation procedures. Another call resulted in the discovery of mold in the bathroom where I used my flashlight to take a better look and saw those little copper bed bugs scurry back into the wall. I reported it and never heard anything more. In more than one instance squatters harassed the on-site CSR when no one else was around and he had to run back to the office and call the police. I also distinctly remember a unit used for prostitution and drug dealing. The guy I was paired up with had only been there a few weeks and we had to figure out where everything was on our own.

I needed poly - no poly. I needed a vacuum - no vacuum. I needed caulking - no caulking. I needed a ladder - hiding a block away in a shed. Needed a wheel barrel - had to carry everything in multiple trips. I needed to go home at 4:30 - nope, and don’t expect to get that extra 15 minutes recorded as overtime. I used my vehicle A LOT to drive around the complex to haul tools - never compensated for wear and tear.

I finally decided to quit when I was tasked with painting units for a week, then was asked why I wasn’t doing work orders.
Pros
A pay cheque
Cons
Bed bugs, mold, no direction, squatters, vapid training program
The work is demanding, and as management, work-life balance becomes nonexistent. Opportunities for learning, advancement and betterment are there, and the benefits and RRSP matching were fantastic for saving for retirement.
I’d rather pick bottles out of dumpsters rather than work for this company. Very stressful, very toxic. My boss called me names like a “F*cking liar” on a conference call over a mistake he had made.
Boardwalk is a bit heavy on the management side, but otherwise a great place to work. They offer great benefits an rrsp plan. There are plenty of opportunities to advance.
High favortism, low pay, snitching is encouraged and rewarded by management. Gossip is horrible like you are in highschool. The clientele you are working for are drug addicts, welfare, new to Canada and college students. Dont waste your time!
The people I worked with were very professional and friendly. It was a great place to go to every day. Lots of support from colleagues, and management. Not as many opportunities for advancement (most of the teams were very lateral).
Worked almost 17 years for this Company. During this time, in my role, for the most part, I was ignored, marginalized and talked down to, and seemed to be a convenient scapegoat. They never had my back. Some of my co-workers were the best people I have ever been associated with. However, mid and upper management in London Ontario is corrupt.I would not recommend this Company to anyone
Très belle équipe, beaux défis et beaux mandats intéressants.