Board of Governors of Exhibition Place Employee Reviews

Decent workplace
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 September 2019
Mostly nice people, although very unorganized. Although haven spoken to the office about availability, was not always listened to or made note of. Good amount of hours though.
Fun place to be around , lots of events and shows for everybody to enjoy in any season.
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 July 2019
I wouldn’t say that the exhibition housekeeping is a bad place to be. You meet many people and enjoy your time at work, it is a great experience especially if it’s for your first job.
Meet various individuals of diverse backgrounds and cultures
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 June 2019
Working at Exhibition Place as a Security Officer allows many opportunities to meet new people each day of diverse backgrounds, while enjoying numerous events that takes place throughout the property, while ensuring the safety and movements for all individuals.

As an employee as Exhibition Place, I also enjoy and look forward each shift to work as a member of team, where reliability, honesty and trust are required to achieve mandate goals to provide Security and Customer Service accordingly.

As a Security Officer at Exhibition Place Security, I have developed the confidence to interact with the public confidently and skills to deescalate situations for peaceful resolutions.
Pros
Great medical, dental and vision benifits
Cons
low wages
Good for some quick cash
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 May 2019
The feeling of being nothing more than just nameless, faceless worker is very present: upper management to foremen, and foremen to workers. It's not that bad depending on who is above you, but there's been many times where I was called out for not working even though there was nothing to actually do, an expectation of business perhaps caused by the location.

The benefits that you get as an employee are minimal, at least officially, breakrooms have normal priced vending machines and that's about it. That being said, other people working in different branches, ride operators, food vendors, etc might spot you a drink or a free ride, but if that doesn't rev your engine, that's too bad.

Not much to say really, its a summer job meant for students, benefits and friendly people above you are not to be expected, but that also means that not too much is expected of you.
Pros
Pretty OK fellow employees, free park admission (not really a bonus tbh)
Cons
Odd scheduling practices, lenient bosses
exhibition place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 May 2019
typical dat work.
would be me signing in putting on my uniform jacket , greeting my management and staff because I usually worked at the front of the facility so I seen everyone. Culture was always friendly and comforting. Hardest part of the job would be dealing with customers that want to get let in the building early or before we closed and tried to make a scene about it. most enjoyable always a positive environment and always have something to do.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Wonderful opportunity and experience, will do again!
Butter Sculptor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 March 2019
The CNE brings cultures and art together and mingles it with delicious carnival food and opportunities to enjoy great company. The butter sculpting exhibit was not only great fun, but also a valuable experience to delve into new unorthodox mediums to achieve a sculpture. The security and management were relatively responsive and very helpful, as well as the conditions of the freezer sculptors worked in very viable and safe.
Productive workplace with amazing Co-workers
Runner/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 February 2019
Lots of fun to work here. People are always happy and you get to enjoy time outside while working and get to meet new people. Trustworthy over your own decisions and trust you to get the job done
Easy going summer job
Cleaner (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 January 2019
management was different all the time, difficult to talk to a lead because there were so many. easy to get a job during the summer, pay is minimum, might not get the section you desired.
fastpace working environment
GAMES SALES ASSOCIATE (SEASONAL) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 January 2019
very fast pace work environment with very little place for promotion. i learned how to quickly and respectfully work with customers. management was very respectful and never had to intervene.
Fun and super tiring
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 January 2019
Whenever I signed it I had to wait for a supervisor to tell me where to go and what to do . The workplace culture was great there was lots of food and other stuff you could find and buy . The hardest part of my job was getting the garbage out because some of it was too heavy. But the end of the day we got free food :)
Pros
Free food by the end of the day
Cons
Heavy things they made you carry
A good first job experience
Cleaner, Customer asst., Temp. asst. Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 December 2018
When I was at the CNE I learned how to work with others, lead people, and give customer support. I was trained in various facets of the workplace and helped with whatever problems I was unsure of how to tackle at the time. The hardest part of the job was adjusting to the long hours where nothing would happen (common when assigned to a single bathroom). The most enjoyable part of the job was when I helped customers solve their unique issues and seeing their gratitude after receiving help, it was very heartwarming. Overall it was a wonderful first job experience.
Pros
Very attentive and supportive managers
Cons
Long stretches of waiting
Good job if you have no experience.
JANITOR/CARETAKER (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 October 2018
Straight up job with easy tasks throughout the day. You could choose between a morning shift, evening shift, or an overnight shift. Various jobs you could do such as washroom attendant, paper picker, kaboda drivers, kaboda helpers, push cart.
productive and fun workplace
Cleaning Staff (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 October 2018
clock in, meet with supervisor on shift, go to assigned station and start the shift. I learned about a lot of different cleaning skills.The Management was really understanding. The hardest part about working at exhibition place was that you never knew who you were working with.
Fantastic place to work!
Accounting Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 August 2018
Exhibition Place is a fantastic place to work. There is always something new to learn with the various shows and Tenants. I would highly recommend working at Exhibition Place
Productive but unorganized work place
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 August 2018
The Exhibition place was a tough job because I was always on my feet, which made me feel satisfied at the end of the day, but it was very unorganized and the training provided before the event started was inadequate. There were a number of time when I asked for clarification and help because of the lack of training.
Pros
free entrance to The CNE
Cons
long hours on feet repetitively cleaning the same spot
i had a great time
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 July 2018
honestly the Cne was amazing i had so much fun working there the staff were friendly and so were some of the visitors the girls who came in the washroom were nasty so we did our best to keep the washroom clean and we did i got alot of compliments from the costumers i liked it
Pros
amazing place overall
Cons
alot of people with bad attitide
fun place
Cashier/Server (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 June 2018
good place to work sometimes gave long hours so make sure you can stand on you feet for long periods of time also the managers are very nice and accommodating
fun place
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 June 2018
A typical day at work involves dealing the weather (dress accordingly) dealing with customers concerns, Enforcement Municipal Laws,reports all safety concerns,de-escalation situations,liaison with emergencies, and leading a team of three to four individuals during breaks.
Fun place to work
Gate Attendant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 June 2018
CNE exhibition is a good place to learn more about customer service. Working in this place is fun and you'll meet a lot of people and new things. CNE also provide good work environment and good hours.
Pros
Fun place to work
Cons
Weather condition
fun
Cleaning Attendant (Former Employee) –  Fort Erie, ON29 May 2018
A typical shift for a EX consists of patrol duties as well as being seated at the front desk to monitor CCTV and greet customers/tenants. When necessary, the guards will be required to documents any outstanding activity and/or events. Otherwise, the workplace culture is welcoming and generally efficient.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Board of Governors of Exhibition Place. Our community is ready to answer.

Board of Governors of Exhibition Place Reviews by Location