BNY Mellon Employee Review

Professional work environment but needs improvement in personal interaction amongst
Tax Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PA20 August 2014
I perform various job functions throughout my day. I work on Account Openings, Maintenance on existing Accounts with BNY Mellon per directions provided by our Client Service teams, process reports which reflect the daily workflow of various groups with our department, review and approve tax documentation for newly opened account or pre-existing accounts based on the new FACTA regulations.
During my career I have learned a lot about trades, settlements, interest and dividend payouts, sub-custodians, ERISA processing, IRS regulations and risks, and several different types of internal computer programs.
I truly enjoy my co-workers not only professionally but on a personal basis. I have worked with many hard working and knowledgeable individuals and have been fortunate enough to have gotten to know many of them personally.
The hardest part of my job would the systems we use not always working properly therefore causing delays in our processes.
The most enjoyable part of the job is having an opportunity to interact with many person internally and externally while performing my job duties. I enjoy developing trust with our clients and therefore having a good relationship with them.
Pros
Flexibility when time is needed to take off, Learning experiences
Cons
Not much room for advancement

Other BNY Mellon Employee Reviews

Wealth Manager & Investment Analyst
Wealth Manager & Investment Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 February 2018
BNY Mellon is a very large US operation and operates as such. The Toronto location changed their President in the last 2 years (public knowledge) and there was extensive turnover. They demand perfection and work you hard and in return you will receive minimal increases in July each year with bonus payments in February. In your first year you will receive a prorated bonus and told if you keep up the great work, more to come which is untrue. Environment while positive is only geared toward those who are 100% committed wanting to work more than the required 8 hours per day. There are limited employee team building events and most all are in for themselves and work only.

If your looking to get promoted and move up as a millennial person should these days, this is not the place for you. You will end up working hard, being criticized for your work, them demanding more and in the end you won't get the increase or bonus you are looking for. This causes an endless turnover and why people keep leaving. I left for greener pastures and more money which i found easily having the proper credentials.
Pros
Opportunity to learn
Cons
No room for advancement, annual increases minimal
Very helpful and Young team
Corporate Actions - Market Expert (Former Employee) –  Brussels, ON5 April 2017
Loved working there. Management was very helpful in giving directions and understanding your career goals. Very dynamic and multicultural team helped integrate very quickly.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BNY Mellon. Our community is ready to answer.