BNY Mellon Employee Review

BNY Mellon is a nice place to work.
Senior Accounting & Reporting Specialist (Current Employee) –  Everett, MA4 March 2014
The current position challenges me in all aspects in my job responsibilities and more.I am more involved in the day to day operations that most senior on the team. I enjoy working together as a team and individually we all get along together,
Pros
Like my manager. We worked well together as a team.
Cons
Too long of a commute and late hours.

Other BNY Mellon Employee Reviews

Wealth Manager & Investment Analyst
Wealth Manager & Investment Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 February 2018
BNY Mellon is a very large US operation and operates as such. The Toronto location changed their President in the last 2 years (public knowledge) and there was extensive turnover. They demand perfection and work you hard and in return you will receive minimal increases in July each year with bonus payments in February. In your first year you will receive a prorated bonus and told if you keep up the great work, more to come which is untrue. Environment while positive is only geared toward those who are 100% committed wanting to work more than the required 8 hours per day. There are limited employee team building events and most all are in for themselves and work only.

If your looking to get promoted and move up as a millennial person should these days, this is not the place for you. You will end up working hard, being criticized for your work, them demanding more and in the end you won't get the increase or bonus you are looking for. This causes an endless turnover and why people keep leaving. I left for greener pastures and more money which i found easily having the proper credentials.
Pros
Opportunity to learn
Cons
No room for advancement, annual increases minimal
Very helpful and Young team
Corporate Actions - Market Expert (Former Employee) –  Brussels, ON5 April 2017
Loved working there. Management was very helpful in giving directions and understanding your career goals. Very dynamic and multicultural team helped integrate very quickly.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BNY Mellon. Our community is ready to answer.