BNSF Logistics LLC (BNSFL) Employee Reviews

Management is scary
Sr Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Springdale, AR26 February 2018
They are starting a software shop to port existing third party software to in house coded software. Management has no idea how to run a software shop. The work is defined (Agile) by one guy how doesn't have the time write the stories. So the bi-weekly sprints are poorly defined, then they come in the middle of the sprint and change things. You wont really get to be the scrum master they just tell you that you are, then take all the control back. The politics can be navigated if you choose to kiss up to the one guy. Do yourself a favor and pass this one up.
Pros
Pool table free coffee
Cons
office politics
Get along with ooworkers.
Entry Writer (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA18 April 2017
Printing documents. Learned something new every day. Management was okay.. Hardest part keeping up with the work load. Working with u.S. Customs and the client
Fun place to work and shoot pool
Database Administrator (Former Employee) –  Springdale, AR11 February 2017
Typical day of work would be checking to make sure that all of the overnight ETL (extract, transform, load) job processes and run and completed in a timely manner, examine reports to ensure that they appeared to contain correct data and investigate anything that looked amiss.

I learned how to remotely administer UNIX/Linux servers better as I had to setup several virtual machines that were hosted in our cloud solution. Configured and administered a GIT repository for the Data Warehouse, administered my own Linux workstation. Got my hands dirty with Python, sed, and AWK.
Pros
free pool, knowledgeable workmates, everyone was so friendly, very relaxed work environment
Cons
hard to know what was expected of you sometimes, unclear naming convention, database layout was very ambiguous
Productive company the wants its customers to succeed.
Account Manager/ Logistics (Former Employee) –  Pooler, GA25 January 2017
My boss was a well rounded family man that cared about his employees and their work.

The company is truly a team and wants all to thrive and grow well.