BMO Financial Group Pay & Benefits reviews

Good Coworkers and opportunity to advance
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dryden, ON23 January 2018
Working at BMO was an overall good experience. I learned a lot about different options that people have with their money, and I worked with good people.
Pros
opportunity for advancement
Cons
mediocre pay
good company
Senior Analyst - Investment Banking (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 January 2018
good pay
good entry into other industries
fast paced
good bonus
prestigious bank that opens doors down the line
-good teammates who are all competent
enjoyed my time there
great company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 December 2017
love the people. great culture. very supportive management. lots of room to grow.great benefits and flexible hours and shifts. team building is great.
Pros
people
Cons
location
Great atmosphere
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Watford, ON27 December 2017
A very supportive and positive atmosphere, with constant learning, and a management team that provides the tools and resources needed to achieve your goals.
Pros
Great benefits package, great atmosphere.
Fun workplace and productive
Head Teller/Accounting Officer (Former Employee) –  Bolton, ON18 December 2017
I learned a lot about banking and banking accounting. I had to multi-task all of the time but I still enjoyed it. The staff was very friendly and very helpful.
Pros
Some times free lunches
Cons
Some times long hours
Pressure to sell
Financial service coordinator (Former Employee) –  Montréal-Est, QC15 December 2017
At BMO your just a number. All they care about is how much sales you bring in to the bank. They put so much pressure on their employees and brain wash them with sales. Management need tools to learn how to respect their employees. They can fire you on the spot if your not performing. It's not a secure job. Move on to something else that will recognize your hard work.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Salary
Great Learing Experience
Research and Marketing Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 December 2017
Typical day consisted of cold calling and client prospecting. Sometimes tedious but good at building solid work ethic. Advancement very competitive and in some cases non existent. Poor pay but exciting environment,
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
low pay
great training
Mortgage Specialist (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB6 December 2017
Good training environment. I've enjoyed my time with BMO. Commission structure and I am looking for something more reliable in the income field. Good overall.
Voted one of the top companies to work for
Business Analyst/Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  North York, ON6 December 2017
This is a great place to work. The pace is fast, the learning curve is huge, but the opportunities are as big as you can dream. Love the people I work with and the culture is amazing.
Pros
Great Opportunities
Cons
Salary
Hours Worked>Compensation
Financial Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC4 December 2017
Speaking for myself, I found that compensation was not nearly in line with competitors in the marketplace. This is a very strenuous environment where duties will grow to include many items not in the job description.

Want to know more about BMO Financial Group?

Ask a question
I work in management side, it is okay.
Security Consultant (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC13 November 2017
Overall it is good to work at BMO. however, salary is not that great. I don't work on call, so i get to enjoy my day after my shift is over. Overall I would say it is a good place to be at.
Operations Support (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 November 2017
Lots of room for advancement, great opportunities, higher pay grades and benefits. Many chances to grow and learn as the company grows larger. Management is helpful with helping you learn and grow.
good company
Analyste de Fraude (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC5 November 2017
overall good company, a lot of team work and support from colleagues, pretty flexible hours, sales are mandatory depending position, i would recommend.
A typical day at work
Investment Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 November 2017
Usually, a typical day at work at Bank of Montreal, Toronto as a Investment Support Specialist consists of; opening accounts, processing clients requests accurately ensuring adherence to all outlined procedures and Service Level Agreements through RPM, fulfilling customer requests in a way that complies with policies and reconciling of mutual funds purchase, redemption and documents mail to the clients as requested.
Pros
Not too much of a workload
Cons
Salary
no activities ... small lunch area with a lot of over stocked items for branch operations
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 October 2017
too much sales focused.... too much of politics within branch ...very low pay..........................................................................once a manager left clients file in a common area and started blaming of not keeping maintaining the confidentiality
Cons
low pay ... exploitation of labor... do not offer full time ... erratic repetitive job...
A good overall employer who seeks to value the opinions of their staff and believes in life long learning!
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Maple Ridge, BC25 October 2017
A place where customer service comes first and the employee is encouraged to grow and learn. A culture of diversity and balance!
I was able to move up with the company and always felt respected.
The culture is about learning and growing and I enjoyed the people and events that BMO was involved with as well as supporting many fundraisers!
Pros
Benefits and people/execitive
Cons
Fast pace and rapid change
Exciting and fast paced project environment
Executive Assistant, to the Head (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 October 2017
Most staff are contractors at location with no security. Contractors are paid fairly well. Most enjoyable people to work with. Atmosphere is good and quiet. Location is good.
Pros
Good atmosphere
Cons
No security
organization that you can identify with and respect for their products and services.
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 October 2017
-- able to achieve high levels of customer satisfaction and present a strong personal and professional public image
-- enjoy solving intellectual challenges by thoroughly investigating the facts and data associated with a particular problem
Pros
diversity, benefits
Cons
some weekends and late nights
Good benefits and competitive pay
Various Positions over the years (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON20 October 2017
Bank of Montreal taught me almost everything to know about Banking.
Aggressive targets .
Good training.
Morale poor in most branches.
Good benefits and competitive pay.
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with customers and I especially enjoyed the lending.
Pros
Good computer system.
Cons
Long hours, HIgh targets.
just ok
Representative, Order Management Desk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 October 2017
you have to be able to reach out and make connections if you want to progress, otherwise you can spend decades at the same job. managers change all the time...
Pros
occasional free lunch
Cons
everything

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BMO Financial Group. Our community is ready to answer.