BMO Financial Group Pay & Benefits reviews

Great place to work- Poor Leadership
Current Employee (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 May 2018
Communication is very poor, customers know about the changes at BMO before employees. Leadership has gone down the drain in last 2 yrs. Sr leaders have big attitude and only pretend to know everything.
There is no brain involved with changes as they are piled on each other most of the times and the poor agents have to bear the brunt of irate customers.
Benefits
Cons
24 X7 monitoring of your PC, Incapable leaders
Technical lead (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC3 May 2018
BMO is great place to work with lot of Fun and entertainment. Perfect work life balance can be maintained. Except Salary component, remaining is exceptional.
Good overall
Customer Service Rep (CSR) (Former Employee) –  Vaudreuil-Dorion, QC1 May 2018
Lots of overtime to balance cash, but management understood and paid when claimed.
Good benefits as all banks have.
Pay was very low.
Good job if you like working with people.
Benefits
Cons
Salary
bmo center
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  London, ON1 May 2018
I was hired there to do bag checks when an event was healed there, worked long hours at minimum wage pay, it was only temporary job but job culture and people were fun to work with
Pros
environment
Cons
winter so it was cold
Uptown cage
Employee (Current Employee) –  Uptown cage27 April 2018
Micromanage by supevisor and operational manager. Everything is beeing watch like a hawk.... training is not really good. Ones you are trained you are on youw own.
Pros
Good benefit and vacation pay
Cons
No overtime pay
Made Life long friends
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 April 2018
I always dreamed about working at the bank so when the position came up and I got it, I was ecstatic. I was so excited because I had tried for so long to get into that industry and I finally did. Loved the training, it was great. Loved my co-workers and to this day we have still stayed in contact since I left the place. The only downside was the pay was so low that I was actually getting more and more into debt. My pay as a teller wasn't covering my bills and I didn't have much(rent, car payment and tv) I ended up canceling tv and I was barely making it. I shopped once a month and tried to get that going till I run out. In the end I had to look for something so I could catch up with my bills and still worked at the bank part time. Came tax time I would have to pay back money despite the extra $50 I would take off from full time job.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
long hours, low pay
It can be a frustrating job
Customer Relations Specialist (Supervisor) (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 April 2018
Not the worst place to work, you can move up if you are good with your managers, even if they are not so good to you. Other co-workers make it fun. Good benefits
professional environment
Registrations Compliance Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 April 2018
- people are nice
- in our department, we get half a day off before the long weekend
- good benefits
- no limit on sick days; when you are sick, you're sick
Great summer job if you need to make money
Junior Security Analyst (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON10 April 2018
My typical day involved sitting at a desk all day which is difficult for me but the money was worth it. The people who work there are pretty great and I learned a fair amount.
Pros
great salary
Cons
desk job
Not a great place to work
Investment Advisor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 April 2018
Highly stressful, unfriendly, horrible bosses and competitive given that this is a commission based brokerage branch , Would never work there again. ...
Pros
Cons
High Stress low pay
BMO Kelowna
Financial Services Coordinator (Kelowna) (Former Employee) –  Alberta5 April 2018
Great place to work. Very customer service focused. I would recommend this place to anyone to work for. The CEO knows for to run this bank. great Benifits.
Great for working parents
Sr. Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 March 2018
very supportive of family life. compensation ranges are very large so ensure that you negotiate well. managers supportive of learning and growth but depending on the group, there might be limited training budget.
A good organization to work for
Manager, Risk Management (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 March 2018
It provides pretty competitive salary and benefits to attract talents; Friendly work environments, employees are provided with ample training opportunities.
Great team work and benefits from the company
Licensed Investment Representative (Former Employee) –  Investment Representative22 March 2018
Great benefits and pension package, competitive salaries. Leading financial planning software, constant focus on upgrading systems. Plenty of different branches and career paths to choose from.
Open concept office
Business Analyst (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 March 2018
pros: depends on what management you get. work from home, flexibility on schedule, good pay

Cons: some mangers need to be trained in treating everyone equally, favoritism, micro managing
Great entry level positions available.
Senior Service Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 March 2018
Bank of Montreal has offered an easy entry level position that can take new applicants from a retail level background into a corporate position.

The work is simple in some departments but are time consuming.

Overtime is a must, and cross training and weekend work may be needed.

Micro-management is kept to a minimum, so work is intended to be met by SLA. Managing your own time, and work is a key to success in BMO.

If you want your foot in the door, and learn several new experiences, tests, working side by side with compliance and other channels, than BMO is a great opportunity.
Pros
Great managers
Cons
Non-competitive Salary
more lateral moves then anything
Financial Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 March 2018
doesn't pay enough for the amount of work you have to do and not to mention the mental beating it takes on you. it really depends on the manager you have - if you dont have a good one then you really dont go anywhere
Pros
you have a job
Cons
you wish you didn't have this job
Very good organization to work for--F/T or Contract
Senior Technology Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 March 2018
Progressive management.
Flexible work hours
Most enjoyable was working with colleagues
As a contractor, expected to work some evenings and weekends to deploy projects.
The organization is results driven
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
Presure to meet some fixed deadlines
Large company, lots of opportunity, decent benefits
Investment Centre Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 March 2018
BMO is a large company that offers its employees a number of career opportunities. They have a competitive share ownership program and a DBP pension plan. The only downfall is that the don't necessarily promote within (i.e. they do not reward your years of service to the company) especially if you are switching between different lines of business. Management on the whole is good, although it can vary greatly depending on your line of business and you specific manager.
benefits
Cons
lack on internal promoting
CSR roles
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 March 2018
Nice place to work. Don’t expect a raise too quickly. Not full time for CSR. Watch your managers. Depending on which branch, it can be terrible leaders
Pros
Nice company long term jobs
Cons
Too much customer service

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BMO Financial Group. Our community is ready to answer.