BMO Financial Group

Canada443 reviews

Found 443 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,682 reviews
montrealbankbankingfinancialbranchtargettorontocentre

Work culture

I wpuld say the culture is good and the place is tightly knit. It is necessary to be humble and come in with a good attitude. The are things that break such as printers, telephones, running out of cash. There is limits in swrvice we can provode things such as credit cards etc. Cannot be fixed easily. I think it is necessary to exercise caution before voicimg concerns. Speak with staff and do not argue the small things rather let them pass. It is a good company, good values, well skilled people, you learn to improvise and you see the skill pf employee's when challemges arose everyone is approachable. Stay away from the politics and develop a good relationship with coworkers. Ot's old school and based off building relationships. It is what ypu male it but above all you must be resilient and have a good attitude.

Good exclusive pay fair enough

Good and resilience Pairing Patient Gods experience Commitment Listen and learn how to treat with angry client!Be ready to unexpected issues like down

Insights into BMO Financial Group

Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Fair pay for job

Relaxed atmosphere good coworkers

Overall a good experience. The pay isn't worth the expectations of the job (meeting sales targets, solving issues, customer service, etc). The people at my branch made it worth coming in everyday. Even the upper management is friendly and respectful.

Low pay high volume

Low pay, always last to get a raise. Management was okay though, training was horrible. But overall good starting job. Give yourself 1 year to learn basics then move up internally or externally

Stressful but great place to work

Everyone was very professional and friendly, great people to work with. Work wise, it was difficult to train with new things to learn everyday. I got overwhelmed with tasks and moving at a fast pace.

Really depends on the manager

The workplace can be fun and very rewarding with the right manager but can be a nightmare depending on the manager. Some managers are kind and helpful while others are on a power trip. The systems are outdated and systems crash all the time. Good benefits and excellent co-workers but some managers can be downright mean and favour some employees over others.

Fun place to work

Really great place to work if trying to enter the banking industry. Meet new people help clients. Easy to get into the office positions if that is what your looking for

Very fun work environment

I would definitely recommend this company to friends as everyone is supportive and inclusive. Need to have a lot of patience towards customers and always look presentable.

Pros

Inclusive team, winning culture, paid vacation and sick days, good hours

Cons

Switching shifts is not always possible and pay could be better

Training could be better but overall experience may depend on the branch in which you will be assigned

Thankful of the team who helped me grow to become effective in my role. Employee experience will depend on the culture the employees share in the branch.

It was nice

All branches are different, I had two wonderful branches. Some branches are ALOT different in terms of management, work pace, culture. Depending the branch you feel more like family.

Pros

Depends the branch, all birthdays and milestones are celebrated

Cons

Pay is not great for the amount of pressure thats on you

So-so

It was alright but I wouldn’t recommend it bc the pay is not that good. It’s too stressful and isn’t worth the money. If you’re looking for experience to add to your cv, it’s good.

Poor salary

Remember that being a CSR (teller) means the bank and clients will not treat you as a human being. The management always gives you irregular hours and they don't care about your mental health at all.

working any hours of the time

always open banking serivce, high volume of calls never get a chance to breath. management was great and always supportive, great benefits if full time

Management and job is okay but not the schedules

I prefer fixed schedules of work. schedules differ from day by day and week by week. You don't work for 40 hrs every week. Just 20 hrs or less. It's better to change this policy.

Good branch team

My work team is really helpful, environment was fun. Manager is so cool. You have to be ready to deal with some difficult customers. They have good benefits and awards according your performance.

Benefits

Cons

Deal with rude customers

Brilliant place to start a career in banking!

I loved my time as a CSR at BMO. The coworkers were absolutely amazing, the manager was an absolute godsend, and the work was steady. It was mostly a lot of bill payments, transfers, withdrawals, deposits, etc. Really easy to get the hang of it. Sure, you get some clients that aren't that easy to deal with, but that cannot be helped. You just get through it. The only negative thing I can think of is the training. Those training modules really need to be updated, and they seriouisly need to emphasize the step by step procedures for some of the things we need to do. I am so happy I worked at BMO. It really showed me that banking was the career for me.

Productive environment

Overall a very good experience. Workplace culture is attractive. Good managers and colleagues. People respect each other and care for each other in the hour of need.

Pros

People are friendly

Cons

I dont remember any

Opportunity to Excel

The Bank of Montreal is an excellent opportunity to gain financial knowledge and skill. A position within the Bank of Montreal is perfect for individuals that would like to catapult into the commercialized economy.

Worst company ever I do not recommend

They don’t care about their employees.The 6 months probation doesn’t mean anything for them, they will fire you without any warning and act like they are professional. Please stay away

Feeling of meaningless and isolation

After 8 months with BMO as a customer service representative, I have learned a few things. One of them being that productivity is favoured over client care, meaning that although they preach client satisfaction, they truly care more about statistics. Our specific statistics such as call time, hold time and after call work are constantly shared with the entire team to keep us updated on where we are throughout the day which is intended as motivation but is far more intimidating and embarassing even if long calls occasionally are out of your hands. Overall the pressure, lack of attention for customers and solitude of working from home just simply doesn't create a good work environment

A bit stressful, but overall good.

The job itself is decent, you get to see people face-to-face every day and get to know them. and the pay is much higher than doing something like retail. The branch I work at is fairly small so it tends to get a lot of regulars. Unfortunately, training is a bit lacking. They don't really set out a schedule or time to actually train new staff with day-to-day banking procedures and how everything in the system works (which is incredibly complicated most days), even long-term employees seem unsure about some aspects of it. Training that is provided is mostly a deep-dive into security, company culture, and selling. As a Customer Service Representative you also will often find yourself left alone on the floor to deal with the customers a great deal, so lines often form and doesn't leave you any time to finish other tasks you need to do, like faxing or answering the phones.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BMO Financial Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement