BMO Financial Group

Call Center Representative43 reviews
Canada43 reviews

Found 43 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,682 reviews
montrealbankbankingfinancialbranchtargettorontocentre

Very stressful job at the customer contact centre. Great support from colleagues and managers. Managers are very strict and revenue oriented

What I found most challenging is learning how to handle customers, especially difficult ones and during high call volume due to restrained handling time set by managers. Lots of procedures to remember/know

Bottom of the barrel type of employer

The culture there is very toxic. Micromanagement and favoritism is huge. They only advance their own kind. The pay is the worst compared to other companies for the same role.

Insights into BMO Financial Group

Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Fair pay for job
  • Overall satisfaction

Worst company to work for.

Worst company to work for. Management does not care about employees' success. Very fake atmosphere and rude management. You will get anxiety and panic attacks by working here. I worked in the call centre in Mississuaga. The training was okay but once I got to my actually team I was left to fend for myself. The management are bullies.

Do not expect to be treated as a human. As a BMO employee you are cattle

They sell you a dream during training, and then unleash you in ''the real world'', where you're expected to always give 110% for a company who could replace you tomorrow if you left. Also lots of problems with short and long term disability as the insurance company does not think of depression as enough reason to spend time off. Love yourself and do not apply there

Pros

3 week vacation

Cons

Not enough breaks & mean staff

Productive; & competitive

I have worked close to 13 years at BMO Financial Group. I am looking forward to commencing a new career in my area of study. At present, I work in the investigation department. This involves tracing and updating correct telephone numbers and addresses on files. The accounts have entered collections without valid telephone numbers. Management has been great generally and I have worked with many managers. There are special lunches and year end gala which most employees look forward to and connect socially with staff and employees. I have worked on inbound and outbound calls on dialer as well. My salary could definitely be a little better in comparison to other similar positions. Looking forward to this new opportunity.

Pros

At times special Lunches, special dinner events

Cons

not rewarded accordingly

Outstanding leadership support and opportunities for career growth

BMO's culture is nothing like i've seen before. Leaders are engaged and present. They provide you opportunities to learn and grow your career. It's a collaborative team environment and everyone truly cares for one another. They value work-life balance, are fair and flexible.

Pros

Work-life balance, Career Growth, Leader support, Top notch training

Fast-paced environment

Lots of fun and of course helping the customers with their needs. Learned a lot. Great experience if your looking to be part of management. However wished they didn't work on Sundays.

Overall a very good employer

Learning centre is amazing as they train you well for the job, if you want to improve yourself then you have to push yourself to the limit. A lot of great customer service learning provided

Great Company

Great environment and management. Always recognizing their employees. Team work and people are truly valued. Selling products to customers who don't need it is tough.

Shame on you Bmo

If you love talking on the phone, this is the job for you. The call centre in Mississauga, is nothing but a jail sentence. The moment you walk in, to the moment you leave. I have never seen a place so corrupted in my life, from the managers to senior managers, they should all be fired. So many better places then Bmo

ok

BMO is good place to get experience however, if you're not interested in sales, you will find a back-end job or call center job which will be fine though over time, you will feel there's no room for career advancement. I believe other employers in the same industry pay more

work doesnt equal pay

they complicate procedures more then they should. the pay is not equivalent to the work espacially comparing to other companies. There changes never seem to make things better but more complicated.

Cons

Pay isnt equivalent to the work demanded

Very rewarding place to work

Loved this job. Too bad they moved our office to Toronto. I truly enjoy assisting customers resolve their banking issues. Management was terrific. Advancement possible. I learned how to be patient with people and how to detect the deceitful ones.

Pros

management

Cons

angry customers

Absolutely horrible place to work

If I could give 0 stars I would have put that instead. The call center in Mississauga is the worst place you could ever work. There is no such thing as work, life balance. They make you choose between either your job or your family. The senior managers are absolutely incompetent and have no knowledge or skill sets for the departments they run. They seem not to care about quality but rather quantity. Don't get sucked in to this place. Do yourself a favor!

Pros

Cons

Too many to list

Overall banking system

Had different roles in the call center, and I learned different things in each role but most importantly I learned how the banking system works and how to communicate efficiently with the clients while multi-tasking.

Great Place

I worked in the MasterCard Division. It was great helping people with their finances and any other problems that they had, but there was not much room to advance in the position.

Pros

Friendly environment

Cons

Work shifts

nice place with good people

Its a quiet environement and people are professional, it is a nice place to work for. They value their employees and motivate them to do better. great place in overall

Sales environment

Pushed to sell products that customers did not want, very sales orientated and not customer orientated, written up for not meeting targets or SLA everytime

heavily customer service focused

great place to work. salary not enough due to the heavy workload and stress that is endured. seems like there are opportunities to advance within the bank, however most opportunities are within the call center.

Amazing place as long as your not in sales

easy work but sales are insane now... impossible to meet targets if you have investment training and to move up you need manager approval and some managers dont want to see you advance

Pros

amazing benefits

Cons

sales target too high

Terrible place to work

If you are interested in chasing unattainable targets. A company that doesn't reward employee loyalty. A company that dismisses people after they even win their own awards. And a self-absorbed leadership team that only has their best interests at heart. Then this is the place for you.

Pros

Modified schedules

Cons

Everything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BMO Financial Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement