BMO Financial Group

Banking Associate43 reviews
Canada43 reviews

Found 43 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,682 reviews
montrealbankbankingfinancialbranchtargettorontocentre

Overtly selfish and hostile atmosphere

Although most departments and offices at BMO maybe pleasant to work at, working at the NACCC will not be the same, it can resemble a sweat shop some days. for the level of stress employees have to go through at the NACCC and lack of empathy from management, the salary and benefits do not seem justified.

Stressful

Back to back callss ,stressful environmentLess people to support when needed ,managers leave everything on you to dealOverall ok for newcomers,less career advancement

Insights into BMO Financial Group

Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Fair pay for job

Horrible

The interview process was great, even the learning centre part of training was great. But then once they put you in training camp and taking calls, it all went downhill from there. They throw you to the dogs right off the bat and expect you to know everything then give you attitude when you don't. Once done all the training and put into your run teams, depending on if you're lucky enough to get a good manager, you will be criticized with everything you do. Basically being told everything you learned in training is wrong.

Productive & fast paced

I enjoyed my facilatator she was the best, and so helpful. The mentors try their best to be helpful but there were moments where we would be leftto try & figure things out, calls get busy and do feel like more training is needed before you actually take calls. This is wfh everyday banking associate so the training is 2.5 months long. For the first half of training lunches are an hour long, once you get into training camp only 30 mins long. 38,500 salary , hours depends cause it’s shift bids so it all depends on what THEY decide to give you.

Pros

friendly facilatator, friendly colleagues. decent pay, unlimited sick / personal days & 3 weeks vacation

Cons

Have to bid for shifts & not guaranteed to get the hours you want

Micro management, push to sell. No time to breathe between calls. Very stressful and not good for your mental health

Not worth the everyday stress that can affect your daily mental health. Working for a large company that will replace you in second is not good job security.

Good company. Sales pressure, management can be no efficient or supportive

Overall good place to learn and grow. Depending on management job experience can be good or not so good. Sales pressure and work load feels overwhelming sometimes.

Pros

Good place to learn and grow

Cons

Stressful

work from home

It was exciting to join the Bank of Montreal, the management is good. but the stress you deal with during the actual job performing is harsh. does not make you feel confident at all.

Cons

call after call continuous calls

Hectic Work No value of employees No work life balance!

Nice training provided but all theory no practical work really for a month and then threw right away on floor to practice as like learn as you go . Feel bad for customers for amature employees who mess up due to lack of training. I you have good luck and you got good manager you can survive otherwise few of my team members already got fired or left due to insane pressure. No wonder there is so much high call volume and so little staff retention policy. What a disappointment . Work is so hectic and back to back that you don't get to sip a drink in between calls. and they expect you to meet their expectations right away .If you don't have any other option you can do this job otherwise I highly recommend looking for something else! I didn't paid attention to negative reviews and left a really good job because of brand name so please don't fall into that trap.

Pros

work from home

Cons

million

Work is mentally draining

BMO is a good company that offers opportunities for growth. Call centre work is not for everyone, it is mentally draining. Job overall is not a hard one, if you don’t mind taking callings all day long and going through lots of processes to be in compliant.

Pros

Free parking and opportunity to grow

Cons

Pay doesn’t match workload

I can’t skip this

Its nothing out of the ordinary, it’s a bank job. You make sales and help customers. You have to be able to count cash and communicate. They hire within very often so it’s easy to move up but you’re expected to work most than 40 hours a week at most branches and there is no overtime for salaried employees.

Fair Balance of Work Life

Did not spend a substantial period to comment adequately but for the time I did spend BMO seems a fair enough workplace to function in.The interactions I have had with the internal employees and my peers was pleasant and engaging.

Pros

A pedigree organization.

Cons

Did not spend enough of work hours to comment appropriately.

Good place to learn about the bank

Learn about different banking products and investments. Fast paced environment. A lot of things managers want you to do while maintaining a good tone, rapport etc.

Fun work place, the managers are great

It is a great place to work, the managements are very friendly and helps you to achieve your dreams. Work condition is great, cool and calm. I would recommend BMO to anyone

Excellent place to work

BMO is great place to work, excellent benefits and great managers and upper management. I highly recommend working for this institution. Work life balance is reasonible.

Just ok

Pretty good place to work. Good benefits. Good place to start in financial services field. Co-workers are great and make the atmosphere fun and a welcoming place to be.

Horrible management

I believe that BMO really wants to help its customers but this attitude does not percolate down to the managers. Managers are only focused in achieving the numbers to show the senior management that they are doing a great job, but the ground reality is different. They know the problems, but fixing it take a lot of effort and time, which they do not want to invest because they will be out of the wild goose chase.

bad senior management, and bully from old Hong Kong employee

vocation is not reserved as "first come first serve" basis, but "the length of time you have been working at BMO" basis. some of the Hong Kong employees just assign work to others, while they are just being chill

The management is either really good, or really bad. I've had managers who go above and beyond for their employees and then I've had managers that would throw their employees under the bus.

great place to work

Great place to work, great people, lovely culture...great working atmosphere, great staff, good benefits! Awesome work culture and environment. Awesome leaders.

Fast-paced but with lots of trainings to get you started well

You need to be very patient to grow in your career of choice as the pay for entry levels is very modest. There are many opportunities to advance your career within the company and the management is very supportive of it.

Good for a quick buck.

I never had a job in a call center, but realized that that type of work is not for me. BMO's culture was very interactive and sometimes fun. So, good workplace; did not find the work fulfilling.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BMO Financial Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement