BMO Financial Group

montrealbankbankingfinancialbranchtargettorontocentre

Amazing place to work

Featured review

BMO Financial Group selected this as a representative review
Completed 16 best years of my life working at BMO. Very understanding and appreciative management with an excellent work life balance. Would recommend BMO as a great place to work

Call centre based job

Supportive staff, recognised for work, competitive pay structure, work life balance , strict schedule to follow with very little to 0 flexibility, knowledgeable staff

Insights into BMO Financial Group

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Overall satisfaction
  • General feeling of work happiness

Unless you're looking for experience, not worth it.

Worked part-time for a few months. My branch team was good. Training and hours were so poor. Most of the was hands-on while dealing with some angry customers. And I was only there for 2-3 days in the week. This position is only part time and I would rather have whoever is reading this to choose full time at another bank over this one. It's part-time but they expect full-time commitment. This is standard across all BMO.If you do decide to work there, just get experience and get out.Also benefits don't apply to contract workers.

Atmoshopere

Encourage le travaille d'équipe, bonne formation,

Overtly selfish and hostile atmosphere

Although most departments and offices at BMO maybe pleasant to work at, working at the NACCC will not be the same, it can resemble a sweat shop some days. for the level of stress employees have to go through at the NACCC and lack of empathy from management, the salary and benefits do not seem justified.

Fun place to work

Really great place to work if trying to enter the banking industry. Meet new people help clients. Easy to get into the office positions if that is what your looking for

Terrible place to work

Terrible place to work- they only care about sales and putting money in own pocket. Not out to help customers. No work life balance. Sales sales and more sales is pushed. Even if customer doesn’t need it. Sell it or you won’t be getting a raise or bonus

Great remote job

Mortgage Specialist Associate (MSA) is the assistant of Mortgage Specialist (who help close clients’ mortgage applications). My experience so far has been amazing which depends on the MS that you’re working with. BMO has a great working culture too.

Productive and fun working place

It really depends on the location and working environment you are in. Mostly the BMO culture drives you to be corporative, and not extremely competitive.Overall recommended.

Great place to work but pay is less then preferred

Overall I highly recommend working at BMO if this is your first job in the banking industry. They will take their time with you to make sure that you learn and progress with constant coaching. Mistakes are not severely punished but are taken as learning opportunities. If they see you are improving they will be happy with you, but like most corporate jobs your experience will vary depending on your management team. Health benefits are great with a lot of extra perks but overall pay are slightly lower then industry standard. Even though the pay is less, your work life balance is one of the massive positives since even though pay is lower they give you an extra week of vacation and overtime hours can to taken as extra time off instead. Schedules are respected and overtime is never forced. Overall great experience to start but might want to look for other opportunities, either within BMO itself or leverage your experience at a different institution.

Operations Analyst

Ok work have to do a lot of things at once but the people are good to work with, salary is low as compared to its competitors and people constantly leaving for better opportunities

What is the best part of working at the company?The stable schedule was one of the best things with this employer.What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Meeting with some unrealistic quarterly sales goals.

Not recommend for the people who have already worked under a micro management team.

I didn’t had a wonderful experience as there was a lack of communication and micro management. BMO has tie up with the recruiting companies and had terrible experience with the contract employees hired by a recruiting company. Different from the description and on site work. They preferred for full time employment, employee who are a citizen of canada over the international immigrants. Had to work overtime not under compulsion and still no appreciation. No team work, effort by the internal administrative team.

Overall par with other banks

I’ve worked at multiple banks and this one is on par with others. We had great staff and then our manager retired and it all went down hill from there. The training at BMO is world class and I’d recommend working here even if it was just for the Training at IFL alone. I do find that the salary is low and the promise for increase was never met. I started mid year so I didn’t get a bonus, the next year I went on may leave in nov and they didn’t give me my bonus from the whole year either, then I came back from mat leave so I didn’t get my full bonus and it just seems more of the same. Also we originally had parking and now we have to pay about $80 a month for parking so it’s costing me more and making me less.

Bottom of the barrel type of employer

The culture there is very toxic. Micromanagement and favoritism is huge. They only advance their own kind. The pay is the worst compared to other companies for the same role.

Great people - understaffed

Personally, I enjoy working at BMO. I work from home so that makes it easy to relax. All equipment was provided by BMO. Stats can be frustrating as being in fraud you should be able to take ample time to analyze accounts to make decisions. But, BMO is critically understaffed leaving customers in long queues, who take their frustration out on you when you answer, while also having targets to reach to keep queue times down. Co-Workers and management are awesome. They provide intense training and a buddy system to guarantee you have the best chances of succeeding. Even if you fail, you aren't punished, they will work with you. Great benefits. Managers want you to move forward onto a more specialized career, providing you with the training to do so, but you make a X long commitment when you join your team. So don't expect to job hop within the company, but when enough time has passed managers will do everything they can to secure you the job you want.

Pros

Benefits, Training, Virtual, Management, Growth

Cons

Understaffed, pay feels weak, 6 months of probation

work is what you make it

BMO has world class resoucres and is a solid company. experiences will vary for everyone based on their paeticular environment. If you have one bad apple in a branch...those people that are affected may not have a great BMO experience. That said, the envirnoment is generally very good

Very fun work environment

I would definitely recommend this company to friends as everyone is supportive and inclusive. Need to have a lot of patience towards customers and always look presentable.

Pros

Inclusive team, winning culture, paid vacation and sick days, good hours

Cons

Switching shifts is not always possible and pay could be better

Nice workplace, lot of pressue on results

working as a credit analyst, but 50% of the job is about administrative tasks that are boring and mentally draining while not adding any plus-value. Good opportunities to grow

Pros

Good management team

Cons

stress, heavy administrative tasks

Excellent Company

BMO financial group is exceptional! Management is supportive of their employees and take interest in development and growth. The pay structure is good and there is always room for negotiation. 10/10 highly recommend

Pros

Summer Friday hours

Training could be better but overall experience may depend on the branch in which you will be assigned

Thankful of the team who helped me grow to become effective in my role. Employee experience will depend on the culture the employees share in the branch.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BMO Financial Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement