BMO Financial Group Employee Reviews

Solid people and nice management
Financial Services Manager in Training/ Senior CSR (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON13 October 2018
Have a good time, colleagues are great and breaks are proper. Work is taxing and you are not compensated appropriately. Should be paid more for the responsibilities they put on us. Learned a lot while on the job and higher ups are very helpful if you request assistance.
Pros
Learn a ton, good management, always have people to help you out
Cons
pay
very professional environment
Senior Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 October 2018
I had an amazing experience at BMO - very professional environment with high learning culture. It has immense growth opportunities. My experience at BMO was wonderful in terms of learning, growth, and fun. My boss gave me a chance to explore other IT function by taking different projects and also work cross-functionally to learn more about business.
BMO summer intern
Summer Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 October 2018
I worked as a summer intern for two summers learning as much as I could about the business. I worked one summer in a client facing department learning how to treat valued customers. In the second summer, I worked in the back office learning about how the bank operated.
Pros
Valuable learning experience
Great variety of PM assignments across all LOBs
Senior Project Manager, Channels (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 October 2018
A strong culture for learning and growing. Very supportive PMO, providing standard templates and processes so that PMs can focus on driving project delivery, anticipating risks, and executing work packages.
Good job
Caissière et service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC10 October 2018
I loved the job but i only worked there until i change schools, it ws across the street from my college ! Im still a client to bmo though and im not about to change it
Great
Customer service Representative (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC9 October 2018
Had a great time at BMO, Lunches are not long enough for the amount on work you do before lunch. Great work atmosphere, positive energy. Good benefits.
Pros
stability
Cons
little pay
banking industry
Customer Service Sale representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC5 October 2018
Good environment, salary average compare to rest of industry. average opportunity to grow, company is cutting the number of customer service representative.
Not the best
INSURANCE BROKER (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 October 2018
I have worked for many banks. BMO is for sure the worst.
Management are cruel and unskilled in any area of conflict resolution
or any type of coaching, I never enjoyed my time with them
Pros
Close to home
Cons
unpaid overtime work
Workplace with Career Enhancement
System Analyst/Sys Admin (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 October 2018
The first job in the Financial sector, the team was cooperative, helping, learned a lot of new working methodologies, switched to other teams afterward, overall its good
Pros
Hours and benefits were good
Cons
Management require to adopt new techniques
Competitive
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 October 2018
Depending on team, work-life balance can be pretty bad. Bonuses are also dependent on whether you are a cost centre or revenue generating. Job security is similar to other banks, meaning that you are only as secure as long as you are needed.
Benefits
Cons
Work-life balance
Good Place to work
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 September 2018
First company I feel the work life balance is good and the they pay good, I found BMO is upgrading their technology lot of opportunity. expecting i have good run.
fun workplace
Assistant (Volunteer) (Former Employee) –  McCowan, ON26 September 2018
great staff, taught me how to be more organized and how much it takes to work at the bank. furthermore i learnt how to file, use the computer for such tasks.
Enjoyable workplace
Testing Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 September 2018
I really enjoyed working for BMO.Its an amazing company to work for and the culture is good too. My manager and coworkers were equally good and helpful.
Very good
Market Risk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 September 2018
Definitely a great place to work. I would certainly recommend applying and seeing if you can get into any area of their investments or finance teams. Love BMO.
Fun workplace
Everyday Banking Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 September 2018
Contantly keeps you on your toes. No two days are alike when it comes to speaking with clients. Great managers and coworkers keeps the environment light and enjoyable.
Good Salary and benefits
Financial Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON19 September 2018
BMO is a comfortable place to grow a career.

Many opportunities in the company to move up and connect with others. A bureaucratic culture where strong interpersonal skills are required to thrive.
Average company to work for
IT Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 September 2018
Depending on which division you end up working for, your job experience could be very different. Overall people on the business side at BMO are happier than the IT side.
The company suffers greatly from lack of diversity in its work force. It allows managers to hire people with the same background as themselves. This has become very visible in many groups where at some extremes the group's spoken language is no longer English or French. The company is losing talented people because of this, and is falling behind its competitors.
Expect putting long unpaid hours at higher grades.
A Customer Focused Bank
SENIOR PRIVATE BANKER (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 September 2018
A typical day at work involves autonomy, networking with colleagues, meeting clearly defined goals, and functioning within a corporate culture that drives outcomes.
Pros
A competitive benefits package.
Cons
Generalist vs Specialist roles.
Wasted my time with BMO
Product Owner (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 September 2018
I couldn't stay longer than my probation time, it was that bad. Most of my time was dealing with politics and "the way it's always been done" mentality instead of actually doing work. FT benefits not good for such a large company.
fun place to be with the right people.
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON15 September 2018
We start our day by having a morning huddle and making sure that we are all geared up for the day.
Recognizing that each individual have their own strength and weakness and collectively we achieve our goals for the day which is giving an exceptional customer service to our clients
Pros
meeting our customers expectation
Cons
long line ups and complains

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BMO Financial Group. Our community is ready to answer.