BMO Financial Group Employee Reviews

Found 1,784 reviews matching the search See all 2,045 reviews
Don't Have much nice things to say
Financial Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 May 2019
bad if not worse management team that I have ever worked for all through the company.
staff not being trained and abused and management get away with everything, even HR doesn't help.
if you come across a management issue its time to move on.

faced many unethical behaviours and when spoke up I was the one got punished and isolated. this speaks volumes of banks internal culture.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
okay
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  AB10 May 2019
Overall we had a great team, and there is opportunity to grow within the company. Management can try to be a bit more open to others opinions to feel more part of the team.
Not sure how I feel about the Meadowvale contact centre
Associate (Current Employee) –  2464 Argentia Rd, Mississauga, ON10 May 2019
BMO for starters has the potential to be one of the TOP financial institutions in Canada and I truly believe
there is room for advancement and growth depending on a) who your manager is, and b) how much one wants to get ahead. Not to mention I’m sure each BMO contact centre is different. On the other hand , I’m not too sure about the 2465 Argentia Rd BMO contact centre. Feels almost like highschool all over again. Overnight manager walks around screaming at the top of her lungs throughout the contact centre chatting up a storm with her friends yet refuses to provide any help when needed. It’s almost as if it’s a popularity contest. Management, particularly for the overnight team is extremely clique and the same goes for the training camp mentors. My experience thus far with interacting with said overnight female manager along with a few training camp mentors has been puzzling to say the least. Some have been very flippant and dismissive when bringing forth mental health/ personal matters outside of the workplace and even asking for help with Bank processes. When asking for help, no help is provided when on the floor with your manager and during training some mentors in particular were very rude, dismissive, and provided inaccurate information. I recall an overnight female manager basically telling me to pick between my family or my job when asked what options and or solutions are available to me. There’s not much work/life balance, you eat, sleep, and breathe BMO as the saying goes “we bleed blue”. I personally will be giving it another 3 months to advance in to the career
  more... I’m ultimately interested in at BMO, anything beyond the short term goal I set out for myself I’ll be leaving as I don’t feel anything should come before your mental, and physical well being or family and for ANY manager to dismiss or be flippant with an employee who shares what they may be going through/ experiencing outside of work shouldn’t be in a management position at all!  less
Pros
Free bank account
Cons
No work/life balance, lots of politics, biased TM and assistant managers, and a whole lot of favouritism
A bad place to work
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 May 2019
The worst experience I've had. Management is unpredictable and terrible. No growth opportunity at all. The building is in horrible shape...The washrooms are worst as they are in third world countries. Don't waste your time here. It is a horrible place to work. They are the worst paymaster in the industry. Bad staff and co-workers. Management is rude.
Pros
Very rare
Cons
No growth opportunities at all.
Nice People
Financial Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 May 2019
Typically you have the tools required to do your job, however need better training for management
- staff are nice
- culture can change dramatically depending on your direct manager
Pros
Nice staff
Cons
No work life balance
working with BMO
Financial Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC7 May 2019
Stressful job, high demand and low pay, highest target in sales, enjoyable of the part was helping customer , hardest part was when you are not able to help customer or meet customer expectation on timely manner. no overtime payment but you need to wait late or manage your time better to be able to hit your target and complete customer and Bank expectation.
Productive Workplace
Sr. Technology Officer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 May 2019
One of the best companies to work for. Management is exceptional to their staff - Work life balance is excellent. Salary is also very good.
Benefits package is also very good - Room for growth is excellent . Little tight as you gain more experience.
Tres belle organisation bmo
Caissière (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC7 May 2019
Ce que j’ai appris durant mes 32 ans dernier année avec bmo et le contact humain et l’importance d’un excellent service à la clientèle
Pros
La direction est toujours pour vous et vous écoute au besion
An overall good company
Senior Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC3 May 2019
A solid company that wants to constantly improve the client experience. Culture is always difficult to gauge for companies of this size, but it has been positive overall.
Mature PMO
Program Manager, Rapid Containment & Recovery (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 May 2019
Very well established Project management Office with efficient and effective tools for managing projects and programs. Good Program for introducing new employees whether contract or permanent.
Pros
Work Remote Opportunities
Cons
Frequent Internal Restructuring of Management
Productive workplace
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 April 2019
BMO is a great place to work, and they give you the flexibility to work from home when necessary. Working on the Technology side, there are politics between the business and technology on how certain processes should be complete. Other than that BMO had room to grow and had good mentors from Senior Management.
It met my expection somehow.
SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE III (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC29 April 2019
Good place to work. Benefits are good. No advancement. Very busy and fast paced. Nice location. Nice work physical set up. IT support is good. Good working hours.
BMO Culture and Management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 April 2019
- Fast paced, you learn so much, develop relationships with partners, clients and your direct leadership
- Pays about average, however, bonuses are paid for good performance, sales and such
- Management were amazing, however, that depends on branch, market and VP of that area.
Pros
Flexiable
Cons
give and take relationship
challening and learning new things
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 April 2019
A typical day at work counting treasury, starting computers and replemishing the money in the ICU and the ATM. helping clients with their accounts and there financials.
Pros
discount on banking and benefits
Cons
when your really sick you have to go in because there any one to cover for you
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 April 2019
Management is wonderful, people are kind and helpful. Overall team atmosphere, everyone works hard together to get the job completed efficiently. Work and fun equals great balanced workplace.
Pros
Fun place to work
Cons
Most positions were contracted, compensation was not great
Great job - Not the greatest company culture
Credit Fraud Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 April 2019
I worked in Fraud Detection. Very grim company culture. Management was quite clique-like. Terrible shift options. Instead of offering existing employees a better shift if it opened up, they would hire externally.
Pros
Getting paid
Cons
Terrible management
Not a place for growth
Sr Performance Test Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 April 2019
Good pay if you negotiate, but bonus only if you are on the right team. Middle and Senior management always seem to be under the gun and there is a lot of talk not matched by improvements on the ground. Not much growth, in my opinion.
Pros
Easily accessible except Scarborough
Cons
poor growth, managers and senior leadership young and inexperienced
It's the people that make the difference
BC (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 April 2019
BMO is a great company to work for, especially if you work in an area with great people. If however you don't, this takes away from your experience. I have had the fortune/misfortune of experiencing both.
BMO allows for the opportunity to grow across various groups.
Pros
Ability to participate in committees, allowing for networking/growth opportunitites
Cons
clients, people work with and manager great people
Associate - Everyday Banking (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ON20 April 2019
Associates for everyday banking do not get paid enough for the job they do. A lot of stress and not enough payment or support at the bank of montreal.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Salary
Very busy but fun
Financial Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC20 April 2019
Interact with different types of nationality daily, whether this person has an account with BMO or not. But learned to cope up with different types of personality from this individual. The manager that I dealt with since August is not a typical manager for me because he loves to micro manage, which is not necessary because of daily work load as you have to prioritize each email that comes from your email inbox, or from the customer connect, software that BMO used to check client's account.

From this job, I learned to be very very patient, understanding, sympathetic, funny, organise, discipline, helpful, fast, quick thinking, not to be emotional, when talking not to be direct to the individual, cooperative and learn how to handle stress in a matured way.

I worked with a lot of different managers in the past 5 years and each of them have their own style and handling different types of situation but some of them are not really that great in handling a very intense and complicated complaints from our client but in the end they managed to resolve the issue.

Bank Of Montreal understand and respect each type of individuals and work hard to make sure that everyone's happy and their concerns are addressed properly.

The hardest part of each jobs that I was offered in the past is not having enough time to train you on how to do your job properly. You have to find a solution or a way to learn your job on your own. Sometimes colleagues are not too happy asking them for help most especially if they are on time restrain to finish task that was given to them in a daily basis.
  more...

The most enjoyable part is meeting different people and learning what they do in their current role and becoming friends with them as well as your colleagues. Sometimes when you build this great rapport, they trust you and willing to listen on why some products that BMO offer is better for them and why this can make their daily banking easier and better.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BMO Financial Group. Our community is ready to answer.