BMO Financial Group

BMO Financial Group Employee Reviews

Found 2,325 reviews matching the search
Featured review
BMO Financial Group selected this as a representative review
Great team and great people. It is fast paced but a great place to learn skills and gain knowledge in the financial world. It also opens different doors once your in
Management don’t care about the employees. They only want productivity. They threat you like a prisoner. Breaks and lunches are timed by the book. You will get in trouble for over break even just for 1 minute.
Pros
Benefits free bank service fees
Cons
Career growth is slight chance for most people
Poor leadership and poor culture Demotivating leadership Team Don’t care about staffSlow to make discussions Very political In a bad way Poor diversity
Pros
National
Cons
Bad leadership
90% of my time was spent navigating the internal teams and departments to render a positive outcome for large corp banking business opportunities for which their market share was a dismal 4% or lower in this particular segment. If you enjoy banging your entrepreneurial head against the wall while internal stakeholders fight over scraps of bonus money in unrelated sectors to the one needed to be grown. Sign up.
Pros
Work From Home
Cons
Terrible And Disorganized Management
I have worked for the company for over 2 years as a contract worker, they were going to transition me to a permanent position but offered me much less than I was making on contract and were unwilling to meet what I was currently making on contract which showed me that they are not looking to reward people for their hard work. I find it a place that is poorly managed and always looking to save money where they can but do so in the wrong way. Its unfortunate as the people working there are nice people and I like my job but their technology and management really bring the company down
Pros
Remote work
Cons
Technology can be an issue as support desk is awful and remote connections arent always reliable
What I really appreciate is the people and the managerial understanding for Full time employees. Overall, a good place to work.Depending of department, the feed-back could be different. As a full timer, chances for growth in the IT are are rather slim .
Pros
People are nice
Cons
Long hours sometimes
The management of my team was incredibly poor. Communication was awful. Sending you 60 emails a day, conflicts in communication, no training. I honestly quitted a job that was paying less yes, but was treating me right. I will not even write this experience on my resume. If I could go back in time, I would chose to not To work for BMO. They will definitely get rid of you as soon as they do not need you anymore. Don’t trust them.
Pros
Week ends off
Cons
Bad management
A Company that’s allow workplace bullying. Bullying among staffs and management would turn a blind eye on what’s happening. Slave driving senior management that doesn’t care about employees, only cares about deadlines and their productivity rate.
Cons
Health care
Stressful dealing with unhappy clients especially in the age of technology and online scams. Typical day was easy mostly, hardest part would be fraud identification as that would cause the biggest loss to the company and are not happy when it happens. Learned that they have minimal staffing and only a few part time staff so if you are part time getting time off is hard. Management is insistent of hours and if you stay late you are often not compensated, however when you finish 10 mins early you are paid until the end of your shift. Often I would stay later than 20 minutes after my shift unpaid. most enjoyable is the end of the day getting to go home
Pros
can work at multiple locations to get more hours
Cons
getting time off is hard
Over all BMO is a good employer. There is room for advancement for the go-getters, however, if you are comfortable in your job as it was when you applied, be ready for it to change with added expectations and additional courses you have to take which were not necessarily what you signed up for when you took the job. Things are ever changing so be prepared to be forced to comply or be encouraged by management to leave.
Pros
Able to transfer Canada wide
Cons
Inconsistent and ever changing job expectations
Outsourcing I.T. workers as Self Employed when they are not. Pretends that the outsourcer is the employer, causing super low wages, no holiday pay, no vacation pay, no salary, while colleagues can't tell the difference between an employee or a contractor, creating inequity and exploitation and racisim, where minorities are labelled as SELF EMPLOYED.
Probably worst and most stressful experience. A company who doesn't pay people for time work and expect you to work for free and "invest in your career"
Cons
Entreprise avec de belles valeurs. Je recommande au personne du domaine bancaire.
I’ve worked a variety of jobs throughout my life and BMO is by far the best job I’ve ever had! The work environment is relaxed, supportive, and engaging.
Pros
Coworkers, constant learning, customers, benefits, supportive
I have been working here for more thn 5 years and always have one ofthe best work environment comparing to all other previous companies I have been with.
Job is great - training didn't prepare you well. There's an extremely high turn over rate; most people are gone within 24 months while a few are lifers.
I love this bank and I love this job. Best work culture and as an immigrant this is the best place to worn. My colleagues are the best. You can go to your manager anytime and they are very helpful and knowledgeable.
Not much appreciation, stressful atmosphere and always seems to be short staffed. Expected to work longer hours to complete workload with no o.t. in branch management are nice to work with but top management are separated from branch life.
Senior employees are able to handle the job because they are used to the company’s culture. New starters will suffer a lot and work exhaustively for a small salary.
Pros
Average regular benefits for the sector
Cons
Very little pay compared to the amount of work. Not worth at all due to the amount of stress
Love Bmo. Good place to work and for your exp. Bmo is one of biggest bank in Canada. I love Bmo very much as it is my first job in Canadian banks. Go to apply
Pros
Good managers
Cons
Salary is low
management was horrendous and I would not recommend them to anyone. Getting my pay was a hassle for my first 3 pays! Although I did really like the environment.