BMO Financial Group

BMO Financial Group Employee Reviews

Canada2,243 reviews
Found 2,243 reviews matching the search
Collaborative and fast-paced
Like other companies, employee experiences at BMO are largely impacted by managers. If you have an excellent, supportive manager work will be fulfilling and there will be advancement opportunities. However if you have a bad manager you can have the opposite experience. My experience was that BMO did not quickly address bad managers (e.g., bullies).
n/a
i loved working there everything was all good as usual i would recomment everyone that i know to join the bmo group bank it's an amazing environment to be stuck in
Productive workplace and great support by everyone. Work individually or within a team. Management provides great support and many learning opportunities to learn and grow.
Productive and fun place
One of the best employer ever! Management is super humane, they care about employees' wellbeing, never aksed over-time, very nice colleagues and working environment, relaxed office. The company gives you space and respect, but whenever you need anything (training, leaves, help) there always be someone for you. Managers often prepare little surprises for its employees weekly, like chocolates, fresh fruits, snacks, etc. Flexible working hours, good relationships between employees and managers, an excellent work-life balance
Was once an amazing place to work
To be fair, I have not worked there in a few years now but the reason I left has not changed and all those that I know that are still there agree. BMO used to be all about customer experience and find a product that fit the need for a client, this was the case for the first 3 years I worked there and it was an amazing work environment that gave good bonuses for good work. All that changed and it became target central while pushing clients to do online banking, they started with the mandatory cold call nights and every day was stressful with a demand for how you were going to make your targets without regard for what the client really needed... sell sell sell and who cares what happens to the client in the meantime. Bonuses were cut or severely diminished because targets were raised and branch traffic was reduced and customer facing positions were reduced which makes clients upset. Sad really, they had a good thing going and then greed ruined it.
Don't bother
Certain teams are fantastic, other teams are downright depressing and/or racist. If you're looking for a progressive career where management cares about their staff, look elsewhere.
unorganized and poor leadership
I feel this company is unorganized, they lack leadership who actually know the jobs of the employees they are supervising. Management who make decisions without ever actually doing the job themselves. Poor leadership. zero knowledge of the competition and they have zero competitive advantage.
environnement positif
relation client, productif, professionnel, autonome
Best Place and professionalism
Nice environment to work with. Enjoyed working there I wish to go back ASAP. Team members are friendly and helpful and have good opportunity to learn.
Productive and fun workplace but could be stressful sometimes
The BMO team at my branch was one of the best to work with. Even when times got stressful, we managed to pull through as a team. I learned a lot about everyday and investments when it comes to the world of banking. The best part was always working with my favourite coworkers and doing our best work together and learning how to successfully work as a team.
Work environment dependent on who you work with
My experience at BMO Nesbitt Burns was a veritable mixed bag. I really like the work I did, my Branch Operations Manager was and is an amazing person, and the people in the office were friendly. The reason I left was I was bullied and made to feel incompetant by my own team, underpaid because I did not have a lisence, and disregarded by my boss when bringing up challenges such as the bullying and my disability, claiming I used my ADHD as an excuse for making working with me too hard. It was not a happy time, and I would NEVER return.
Great financial institution to work for
Good work environment
Strong leadership team

Good collegiate environment

Wheels can turn slowly at times

Compensation is attractive

Undergoing transformation
Not in regular BMO as you know but in IFL
The best enviornment in my career like working in hotel site. The work is fair and collegue are nice and friendly. Defently want to go back if the paid is enougth to support my family. :)
It's fine
Its a big company...so it functions like a big company and has the typical pros and cons. There are great pockets to work within - if you can find a great leader to work with.
Good place to learn about the bank
Learn about different banking products and investments. Fast paced environment. A lot of things managers want you to do while maintaining a good tone, rapport etc.
Good company
It's good company to work with, It has a relaxed work culture very professional....really enjoy working at BMO in Corporate Fraud & Technology department in Toronto.
Environnement de travail productif et agréable.
- L'aspect le plus dur était de s'assurer que chaque coureur reçoivent sont vers d'eau, mais ceci était aussi très agréable car ça me faisais plaisir de pouvoir aider et participer à la course de tant de personnes.
Great Collaborative and Team Work Environment
The branch as a whole work together in order to help the branch meet its short and long term goals. Management is very comprehensive as I am a student and they accommodate days I need off in order to study for exams and quizzes.
Good people but stressfull enviroment
The work place is a good place to go in and grow. Tho the work is getting better over time. It is a call center, with fast paced calls, witch can be stressful.
Good working environment.
I am very happy to work in BMO and working environment is nice and no stress in the workplace environment. Overall BMO is nice organization to work. I prefer to work in BMO.
Customer Service Rep
Great place to work mainly due to who I directly report to. Managers are understanding and will accommodate your schedule. I wish they would hire full time though because they only hire part time and you’re only guaranteed 18.75 hours. Hourly pay is low compared to other financial institutions. Their computers and equipment is old and their network crashes often. Nonetheless it’s a great place to work.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at BMO Financial Group. Our community is ready to answer.