BMO Financial Group Employee Reviews

Found 1,645 reviews matching the search See all 1,885 reviews
amazing training system and amazing place to work
Associate - Credit Cards Level 2 (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 December 2018
So far, my experience with BMO has been amazing. The training is about 2 months but they definitely make sure you know what you are doing before letting you move on your own. Amazing people and amazing work culture.
Not a good work life balance
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 December 2018
I am sure other departments throughout this bank are ok but the department that I worked in was not. Co-workers tried to sabotage you. You are not valued.
Not the greatest
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 December 2018
Did not enjoy working here. The promises are lacking and opportunity is not great for growth unless our friends with the right people. Left a bad taste in my mouth, they give you rose colored glasses to see whats black and white.
Process Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 December 2018
Overall they are a great organization to work for, it just wasn't for me. I really do not have much to say about them, it was a really negative experience for me, there was no family/life balance at all, I was not always treated with respect or dignity. Maybe things have changed since then but I would not recommend them based on my experienced.
Would try another bank
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 December 2018
It's alright, at least in my position. Gets way busier in Financial Manager position. Benefits are great, pay is less than in other banks. Management isn't consistent among branches. Standards are not consistent. Training is non-existent. Sales targets are pressuring. Hours are fine.
Great place to work.
Senior Policy Issue Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 December 2018
I worked here for a very long time, it was a pleasure to work with so many great people.

It was my home for 8 hrs a day, the job was right for me... the staff became family in no time.

Life was great at BMO :)
Average place to work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC4 December 2018
Very short staff with high turnover rate. Establish great culture but management need to take better care of their employees. Turnover rate too high and not enough time to find new employees to help
Senior Manager Finance/Controller (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 December 2018
Great place to work. The leadership is bringing much needed transformation to the Bank which should make BMO the bank of the future. Very proud to be part of this organization.
Pathetic Managers & Management
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 December 2018
Extremely bad managers, and management team at BMO!

Managers want to make employees work and not pay overtime. Managers overwork employees. Managers' manager not in the same city and country, so managers can do whatever and get by! Bankrupt management policy!

Base pay is low. No performance related remuneration!

Managers should be sacked!
Physically mentally draining
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC1 December 2018
As a customer service representative we were asked to do almost everything, Too much and conflicting targets for which we not provided any benchmarks to improve ourselves.
Productive place to work to earn a living
Specialist-Commercial Banking Services NACCC (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 November 2018
Depending on the department you are employed with the shifts vary. I was originally hired for Customer Service and later moved to Commercial Banking. The most difficult part of the job is meeting sales targets. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting the needs of the customers.
Pros
Great Benfits with the exception of Short Term and Long Term Disability
Cons
Growth within company not acceptable
Nice place to work with fun after work
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 November 2018
A nice place to work and pay is comparable with market level, located at midtown not far from union station, the only thing is constant management changes impact day to day work
Associate Investment Advisor Review
Associate Investment Advisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 November 2018
The job is rewarding, but the IA on my team has a very poor work/life balance. Management is largely dependent on what team you work for. It is demanding, but can offer you a wonderful life once you are established.
Pros
Rewarding
Cons
Poor Work/Life balance
good
Collateral Management Group Team Lead (Contract) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 November 2018
i am happy at BMO.
it gave me the following skills:

 Solid knowledge of Capital Market Products such as Equities, Fixed Income, Repo, Reverse Repo and Uncleared OTC Derivatives
 Strong analytical, problem-solving, decision-making and project management skills
 Outstanding customer service and relationship management skills
 Exceptional leadership, risk management and conflict management/resolution skills
 Proficient in MS Office Power point, MS Excel (v-­‐lookup, pivot tables and sumifs)
 Detail oriented, with a high degree of accuracy; diligent and committed to achieving results
Really good employer
Senior Planner (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 November 2018
Good company to work for. We supported the internal applications. In the the last two years we went more global which increased the responsibilities and also increased confusion among the support team.
Bank life
Teller/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC23 November 2018
Working at BMO is quite standardized. Having to deal with a fast pace environment and having to be meticulous with all the transactions is required. The bank was a great place to hone skills in customer service while always paying attention to detail.
Pros
structured routine
Cons
too structured
Team meetings were fun.
Quality Analyst (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC21 November 2018
It was good environment I worked in, lot of opportunities. We had refreshing places as playing table tennis, and the food court was very good. I got very good team and lead. Left as I got good opportunity.
Pros
Good environment.
Cons
Salary.
bien
Représentante service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  Jonquière, QC21 November 2018
représentante service à la clientèle.Accueillir écouter et répondre à la clientèle.
Good Environment
Commercial Services Officer Intern (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC20 November 2018
BMO has a good culture with good people who are willing to help you achieve your goals. The only downside I saw was a lack of drive from current employees with regards to progressing their careers.
Pleasant professional environment
Senior Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 November 2018
Interacted with BMO internal teams and external partner on outsourcing a process to the partner.
Management is experienced and providing guidance without micro-managing
Pros
Team spirit
Cons
n/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BMO Financial Group. Our community is ready to answer.