Bluewater Health Employee Reviews

Learning Experience
Co-op Student (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON25 April 2016
I had my cooperative program for my second year at Lambton College at Bluewater Health in Sarnia. I learned a great deal on time management, how to rely on co-workers. My supervisor was always available to answer any questions, and offering encouragement. There was always something going on in the hospital to keep everyone involved with the community. No matter where you go in the hospital someone is always willing to help and see you succeed . .
Great training environment, endless possibilities.
Float Transcriptionist - Diagnostic Imaging (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON16 April 2016
A day in diagnostic imaging is always different. You encounter new tasks and problems to overcome everyday. It is an environment where this is always something new to learn. The department has great flow and the individual teams work well together.
Pros
social aspect, learning environment, advancement opportunities
Cons
long time to advance in field, need to be flexible with your hours
Busy fast pace workplace
House Keeper (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON14 April 2016
I punch in and go to my floor where I walk from room to room collecting garbage from the night before. Than I tackle all public and staff washrooms on the floor. Once these washrooms are done I then do the nurses station and onto the rooms where I sanitize and disinfect all high touch areas in the patients rooms as well as the washrooms in the rooms. I have learned it is a very heavy workload on some floors but it keeps you very busy. Management is easy to deal with and if there is an issue or concern I can approach them and they are willing to get a positive end result in an acceptable timely matter. Co workers here are great team members I have had no issues and all are very friendly. Making sure everything is done on time as some floors are a very heavy load I am afraid to miss something. Dealing with the public is the most enjoyable part of this job. I love that everyday can be a new person talking to me while I clean the their room. It isn't the same thing day after day. There is never a dull moment.
Pros
the friendships I have made
Cons
night shifts lol
Stressful and always worked short staffed
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON9 February 2016
A typical day consisted of looking after 5 pts when fully staffed but up to 7or 8 if working short staffed. Very negative and low morale environment. Some units are better than others but with current cuts it's getting hard for people to want to stay.
good job ,pay bennifits
ed aide (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON28 November 2015
enjoy the job very busy some days
co-workers are nice but you always have a few that are not

hardest part of the job when we are not able to work as a team and the lack of communication between management and its employees

the most enjoyable part is when we as a team are able to make someone's life better
Pros
benifits pay hours
Cons
bad karma throughout hospital management is untrustworthy
Good
Staff RN- Rehabilitation Unit (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON24 November 2015
The best part of the job is the peers you work with. Effectively managing change in a healthcare environment is critical. The organization does this fairly well.
Benefits
Cons
Long hours at times
co-op hours
Registered Practical Nursing Student (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON25 June 2015
I completed much of my co-op hours in various parts of the hospital. Great place to learn about the nursing life, staff is very helpful in educating students.
A lot of fun
Help Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON9 April 2015
I learned a lot working here and have carried this knowledge onto other positions and every day life !
The people I worked with were always happy and cheerful.

I was actually very happy to go here everyday altho my position was extremely busy
Productive and professional workplace with friendly staff
Transcriptionist-Diagnostic Imaging (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON15 September 2014
A typical day at work entails editing radiology reports, sorting mail, handling delinquent accounts, and both incoming and outgoing calls.

I've learned both how to work independently in Transcription, as well as how to work as a team with other co-workers in the department.
Great work environment
Medical Radiation Technology Student (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON1 May 2014
Everyone at this facility is friendly. The staff in all the different departments are kind to one another. There is a high level of professionalism.
people very friendly
Cook/Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON13 September 2013
day starts with taking orders from patients,all patients are different. Co-worker and management are easy to work with.
Overall review of my experience in bluewaterhealth I learned to be a better person
Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON7 February 2013
Avery day was a challenge never knew what it was going to happen allways very busy.
I learned to be strong and compassionate for the needs of patients and their family"s
I allways had a good report with my management allways open to new idea"s.
I allways got along with my co-workers, we worked well together.

The most enjoyable part of my job was to make a patient smile and make them feel better..
Pros
free coffee break would be good
Cons
long hours is allways a challenge.
Good steady employment . It was a great place to work until the last few years with pressure from the government to cut costs, beds, staff, etc.
OR Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON8 January 2013
I would start the day by viewing the scheduled surgeries and rooms running, and check to see if they were ready for the day. Then I would help the nurses to gown and glove, open sterile instruments for the case, help to move and position the patient, then help the surgeon start if needed. Then do the same again between cases, and check stock and tables for upcoming surgeries. Other duties as required.
Pros
working with co-workers, nurses, doctors, and staff from all the other departments to do the days work, and the feeling of accomplishment when caring for the patients.
Cons
management didn't always seem to listen to suggestions from staff.
An Excellent Work Atmosphere
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON18 November 2012
Being a Dietary Aide for Blue Water Health at the Sarnia Hospital was one of the most rewarding positions that I've held so far.

Being depended on by patients to deliver quality, safe and timely meals was something that myself, and the team I worked along side, took very seriously. Seeing how happy we could make people bonded us together to help insure that there were no weak links.

I was always very proud to say that I was an important part of the Sarnia Hospital.
Pros
clean, friendly, educational, competitive wages
Cons
no health benefits, sporadic shift scheduling and call-ins