Bluewater Health

Bluewater Health Management reviews

Canada38 reviews
I really enjoyed my time at blue water health, the workplace was busy but the staff was very helpful with learning new skills. A typically day on the medical floor was fast paced which I enjoy, it provides a great learning environment. I learned a variety of skills including time management and how to handle emergency situations. A friendly work environment where everyone is willing to help. I really liked the fast paced environment at blue water health.
Nothing to say but. Like everywhere it's all about money. Not healthcare backstabbing it all depends where you are in the position you've got usually anything below an rpn you're not treated very nicely your opinion is it listen to are respected they don't want to hear from you they don't want to hear nothing just work be quiet do your job I don't get along fine backstabbing gossip and a lot of Bologna goes on behind closed doors that's all I have to say
The work and patients were great. Management creates a toxic work environment and excessive work load. Sometimes work load creates unsafe working conditions however you are told that it is time management.
Co workers were very rude and made you feel incompetent and did not want to teach. The hardest part was trying to do my best and being treated badly by the workers.
Have enjoyed working here have learned a lot about my employer
love coming to work.

management were very helpful and considerate.
i learned what it meant to be part of team
Pros
great co wokers
Cons
not enough hours
A bad manager can take a good staff & destroy it, causing the best employees to flee & the remainder to lose all motivation. Supportive leaders needed
Pros
Wages
Cons
We need supportive leaders, not bullies for managers.
poor management. Staff moral low. not backed up by management. Not able to advance much. Hard to get training that is required. Work with great staff.
Pros
ncncn
Cons
nvnvnv
I had my cooperative program for my second year at Lambton College at Bluewater Health in Sarnia. I learned a great deal on time management, how to rely on co-workers. My supervisor was always available to answer any questions, and offering encouragement. There was always something going on in the hospital to keep everyone involved with the community. No matter where you go in the hospital someone is always willing to help and see you succeed . .
I punch in and go to my floor where I walk from room to room collecting garbage from the night before. Than I tackle all public and staff washrooms on the floor. Once these washrooms are done I then do the nurses station and onto the rooms where I sanitize and disinfect all high touch areas in the patients rooms as well as the washrooms in the rooms. I have learned it is a very heavy workload on some floors but it keeps you very busy. Management is easy to deal with and if there is an issue or concern I can approach them and they are willing to get a positive end result in an acceptable timely matter. Co workers here are great team members I have had no issues and all are very friendly. Making sure everything is done on time as some floors are a very heavy load I am afraid to miss something. Dealing with the public is the most enjoyable part of this job. I love that everyday can be a new person talking to me while I clean the their room. It isn't the same thing day after day. There is never a dull moment.
Pros
the friendships I have made
Cons
night shifts lol
A typical day consisted of looking after 5 pts when fully staffed but up to 7or 8 if working short staffed. Very negative and low morale environment. Some units are better than others but with current cuts it's getting hard for people to want to stay.
enjoy the job very busy some days
co-workers are nice but you always have a few that are not

hardest part of the job when we are not able to work as a team and the lack of communication between management and its employees

the most enjoyable part is when we as a team are able to make someone's life better
Pros
benifits pay hours
Cons
bad karma throughout hospital management is untrustworthy
Everyone at this facility is friendly. The staff in all the different departments are kind to one another. There is a high level of professionalism.
day starts with taking orders from patients,all patients are different. Co-worker and management are easy to work with.
Avery day was a challenge never knew what it was going to happen allways very busy.
I learned to be strong and compassionate for the needs of patients and their family"s

I allways had a good report with my management allways open to new idea"s.
I allways got along with my co-workers, we worked well together.

The most enjoyable part of my job was to make a patient smile and make them feel better..
Pros
free coffee break would be good
Cons
long hours is allways a challenge.
I would start the day by viewing the scheduled surgeries and rooms running, and check to see if they were ready for the day. Then I would help the nurses to gown and glove, open sterile instruments for the case, help to move and position the patient, then help the surgeon start if needed. Then do the same again between cases, and check stock and tables for upcoming surgeries. Other duties as required.
Pros
working with co-workers, nurses, doctors, and staff from all the other departments to do the days work, and the feeling of accomplishment when caring for the patients.
Cons
management didn't always seem to listen to suggestions from staff.