BLUEWATER HEALTH Employee Reviews

Diverse busy and friendly workplace great for new grads
Practical Nursing Consolidation (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON7 February 2018
I really enjoyed my time at blue water health, the workplace was busy but the staff was very helpful with learning new skills. A typically day on the medical floor was fast paced which I enjoy, it provides a great learning environment. I learned a variety of skills including time management and how to handle emergency situations. A friendly work environment where everyone is willing to help. I really liked the fast paced environment at blue water health.
Amazing Co-op opportunity
Co-op Student (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON24 January 2018
Very enriching high school co-op opportunity. Witnessed many nursing and surgical procedures. Got to see the daily job description of an orthopedic nurse in ambulatory care.
The most enjoyable part of the job
Medical Laboratory Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON22 December 2017
- meeting new people/patients and getting to know them through short dialog.
- knowing that my job is important to the overall health of the patient
- being able to use my experience to teach new employees
Had a good experience here.
Medical Laboratory Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON1 December 2017
Good work variety in the laboratory. Friendly staff. Clean hospital with a nice layout. A typical day included collecting blood from inpatients and outpatients and processing them in the lab.
fun place to work at
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON28 November 2017
Have enjoyed working here have learned a lot about my employer
love coming to work.
management were very helpful and considerate.
i learned what it meant to be part of team
Pros
great co wokers
Cons
not enough hours
Bad management
RN (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON28 November 2017
A bad manager can take a good staff & destroy it, causing the best employees to flee & the remainder to lose all motivation. Supportive leaders needed
Pros
Wages
Cons
We need supportive leaders, not bullies for managers.
Amazing people to work with
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON12 September 2017
I have worked here almost 3 years, and the people that work here are definitely caring, considerate people who I look forward to working with each day.
Very welcoming work environment
Sterile Processing Technician Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON20 August 2017
Bluewater health has been a great work experience environment. Bluewater health looks out for its employees and takes care of them. Working for bluewater health has been a great asset, however I would love to move into a field with more traveling and responsibilities.
Learning Experience
Co-op Student (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON25 April 2016
I had my cooperative program for my second year at Lambton College at Bluewater Health in Sarnia. I learned a great deal on time management, how to rely on co-workers. My supervisor was always available to answer any questions, and offering encouragement. There was always something going on in the hospital to keep everyone involved with the community. No matter where you go in the hospital someone is always willing to help and see you succeed . .
Great training environment, endless possibilities.
Float Transcriptionist - Diagnostic Imaging (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON16 April 2016
A day in diagnostic imaging is always different. You encounter new tasks and problems to overcome everyday. It is an environment where this is always something new to learn. The department has great flow and the individual teams work well together.
Pros
social aspect, learning environment, advancement opportunities
Cons
long time to advance in field, need to be flexible with your hours

Want to know more about BLUEWATER HEALTH?

Ask a question
Busy fast pace workplace
House Keeper (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON14 April 2016
I punch in and go to my floor where I walk from room to room collecting garbage from the night before. Than I tackle all public and staff washrooms on the floor. Once these washrooms are done I then do the nurses station and onto the rooms where I sanitize and disinfect all high touch areas in the patients rooms as well as the washrooms in the rooms. I have learned it is a very heavy workload on some floors but it keeps you very busy. Management is easy to deal with and if there is an issue or concern I can approach them and they are willing to get a positive end result in an acceptable timely matter. Co workers here are great team members I have had no issues and all are very friendly. Making sure everything is done on time as some floors are a very heavy load I am afraid to miss something. Dealing with the public is the most enjoyable part of this job. I love that everyday can be a new person talking to me while I clean the their room. It isn't the same thing day after day. There is never a dull moment.
Pros
the friendships I have made
Cons
night shifts lol
Stressful and always worked short staffed
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON9 February 2016
A typical day consisted of looking after 5 pts when fully staffed but up to 7or 8 if working short staffed. Very negative and low morale environment. Some units are better than others but with current cuts it's getting hard for people to want to stay.
Good
Staff RN- Rehabilitation Unit (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON24 November 2015
The best part of the job is the peers you work with. Effectively managing change in a healthcare environment is critical. The organization does this fairly well.
Benefits
Cons
Long hours at times
co-op hours
Registered Practical Nursing Student (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON25 June 2015
I completed much of my co-op hours in various parts of the hospital. Great place to learn about the nursing life, staff is very helpful in educating students.
A lot of fun
Help Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON9 April 2015
I learned a lot working here and have carried this knowledge onto other positions and every day life !
The people I worked with were always happy and cheerful.

I was actually very happy to go here everyday altho my position was extremely busy
Be quiet and do your job
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Mental Health21 November 2014
I loved being a nurse. My co;workers were awesome. The new unit on Russell St is not well designed for a Mental Health Unit. They are doing the best they can with what they have. Several Senior nurses have left the program (the rest of the senior nurses are looking for other jobs or riding it out until retirement). Many new and young staff have come to learn the ropes. Things changed over the 2 decades I worked there. Progress I guess. Management.....well.....just be quiet and do your job. FEAR OF REPRISAL.
Pros
Pay, benefits and co-workers
Cons
Management, Union repesentation
Productive and professional workplace with friendly staff
Transcriptionist-Diagnostic Imaging (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON15 September 2014
A typical day at work entails editing radiology reports, sorting mail, handling delinquent accounts, and both incoming and outgoing calls.

I've learned both how to work independently in Transcription, as well as how to work as a team with other co-workers in the department.
Great work environment
Medical Radiation Technology Student (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON1 May 2014
Everyone at this facility is friendly. The staff in all the different departments are kind to one another. There is a high level of professionalism.
people very friendly
Cook/Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON13 September 2013
day starts with taking orders from patients,all patients are different. Co-worker and management are easy to work with.
Good steady employment . It was a great place to work until the last few years with pressure from the government to cut costs, beds, staff, etc.
OR Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON8 January 2013
I would start the day by viewing the scheduled surgeries and rooms running, and check to see if they were ready for the day. Then I would help the nurses to gown and glove, open sterile instruments for the case, help to move and position the patient, then help the surgeon start if needed. Then do the same again between cases, and check stock and tables for upcoming surgeries. Other duties as required.
Pros
working with co-workers, nurses, doctors, and staff from all the other departments to do the days work, and the feeling of accomplishment when caring for the patients.
Cons
management didn't always seem to listen to suggestions from staff.