Bluewater Health

Bluewater Health Employee Reviews

Every one is different in terms of personal goals and health care goals/needs. I have learned to provide individualized care on a daily basis to meet the needs of patients and their families and even with staff members.
I wasn't there long but the time I spent there made me rethink my entire career as an mla. You're constantly made to feel stupid by doctors, nurses, managers and even fellow coworkers. You have to learn to get thick skin quickly or you'll end up in tears daily. The workload that's expected is absolutely insane. I feel terrible for the mlas that still work there. Maybe if management asked or listened to the mlas the environment wouldnt be so toxic. Glad I left even though the pension is amazing, my happiness is worth more.
Pros
Pension
Cons
Bullying, management, work load
You are treated poorly from patients, nurses, technologist and management. -Expected to be 20 places at once when there isn’t enough people on shift. Understaffed is a huge problem as they keep dumping more and more on the MLAs without giving any extra help. -Management says yes to everything asked of the lab and doesn’t put into consideration their own staff.-Bullying is very bad in the Lab from members moving up. Management is well aware of this. -Staff confidentiality is non existent, if your sick the whole lab knows and knows why. Management blames staff when managers are the ones you speak to about why you call in. -Constantly being put into unsafe situations. Huge safety concern as team members have been hit yet management doesn’t believe staff. -Most co workers are fun and easy to get along with. -Very stressful and fast paced job.-Pension is what really makes most people stay. Apply at your own risk
Pros
Pension; pay
Cons
MANAGEMENT; bullying; unsafe
If your not an MLT don't even bother, you'll get treated like garbage. Management could care less about their employees and would have them working 24/7 with no breaks if they could get away with it. If you have a chance to work somewhere else take it.
Pros
Coworkers, Pension, Benefits
Cons
Bad working hours, shifts dont make sense, toxic management
Would not recommend working in the lab at Bluewater Health if you have any self respect - Extremely....and I mean EXTREMELY toxic work environment - Management could care less about their employees, they have more important things to do like gossip or facetime their kids - Incredibly understaffed...which of course management doesn't believe....which would be hard to see or understand from inside an office- The liars and the lazy get promoted while the hardworking are left overworked and forgotten- If you're not a MLT you get treated even worse. Like a lower class citizen of the lab.- Don't expect to ever be told your doing a good job...they save those compliments for their b*tt kissing favourites - Coworkers are amazing though- Pension is what forces you to stay
Pros
Fun coworkers, Good pension
Cons
Management, Toxic work environment, Schedule
-Pay and pension good. -Co workers are all amazing. A lot of really great staff have left because of management/charges/seniors and it’s only getting worse. -Over worked staff. Need more staff on to keep up with work load. -Management do not believe staff about anything. -Very toxic working environment. -Would not recommend Bluewater Health LAB. -Very top heavy while they let everyone else burn out. -Terribly managed lab. -Politics and money come before patient care and staffs well being. -No possibility for growth here
Pros
Wage, co workers
Cons
Horrible management
Nothing to say but. Like everywhere it's all about money. Not healthcare backstabbing it all depends where you are in the position you've got usually anything below an rpn you're not treated very nicely your opinion is it listen to are respected they don't want to hear from you they don't want to hear nothing just work be quiet do your job I don't get along fine backstabbing gossip and a lot of Bologna goes on behind closed doors that's all I have to say
I held an un-paid intern position at Bluewater Health and found it to be a great experience and a great place to put all of my skills aquired from college into practice.
The work and patients were great. Management creates a toxic work environment and excessive work load. Sometimes work load creates unsafe working conditions however you are told that it is time management.
Although the lab technologist job is listed as casual, our casual lab techs basically work full time! The hospital can't tell you this because they can't guarantee you any hours, But, take my word for it, you'll be working full time. We need more good lab techs,so why not come join us!
Pros
Outstanding group of people to work with
I worked at BWH as an RPN student. Everyone was helpful and encouraging and consistent with my expectations of caring for their patients. Safety measures were always accessible.
Pros
Expected shifts
Cons
Staff and preceptors were very helpful and friendly at BWH. As a clinical student they have given a lot of independency for the student to develop their skills, and a lot of flexibility. A lot of new equipment is used in the hospital which benefits students who are learning. My coordinator reached out and gave opportunity for students to participate in extracurriculars such as PALS (paediatric life support) classes when there was additional vacancies. I would definitely recommend Bluewater Health for employment opportunities and/or clinical opportunity.
Great place to work Healthy work environment Friendly employees Strong learning hospital protocols Welcoming Clean and accessible parking and on-call beds
Co workers were very rude and made you feel incompetent and did not want to teach. The hardest part was trying to do my best and being treated badly by the workers.
Learned so many new things as a student during all clinical sessions and loved the idea that most of the staff liked teaching students. Would be a great place to work.
Pros
Lots of learning experience.
Cons
Some staff are mean, especially to minority.
While working at bluewater health I was able to learn and gain skills very quickly. Each day is something different. The most enjoyable part of the job would be taking care of the patients and seeing them get better throughout their hospital journey.
Pros
You learn a lot
Cons
I really enjoyed my time at blue water health, the workplace was busy but the staff was very helpful with learning new skills. A typically day on the medical floor was fast paced which I enjoy, it provides a great learning environment. I learned a variety of skills including time management and how to handle emergency situations. A friendly work environment where everyone is willing to help. I really liked the fast paced environment at blue water health.
Very enriching high school co-op opportunity. Witnessed many nursing and surgical procedures. Got to see the daily job description of an orthopedic nurse in ambulatory care.
- meeting new people/patients and getting to know them through short dialog. - knowing that my job is important to the overall health of the patient - being able to use my experience to teach new employees
This was a part of my clinical rotation and I loved it. the staff works well with each other and the care provided is great. The team runs smoothly and is organized.
  1. Employee reviews