Bluewater Health

Bluewater Health Employee Reviews

Canada38 reviews
Intern position
I held an un-paid intern position at Bluewater Health and found it to be a great experience and a great place to put all of my skills aquired from college into practice.
If you don't have any people that you get along with and they're a strong group of people then you're going to be in trouble
Nothing to say but. Like everywhere it's all about money. Not healthcare backstabbing it all depends where you are in the position you've got usually anything below an rpn you're not treated very nicely your opinion is it listen to are respected they don't want to hear from you they don't want to hear nothing just work be quiet do your job I don't get along fine backstabbing gossip and a lot of Bologna goes on behind closed doors that's all I have to say
Supportive work environment
Every one is different in terms of personal goals and health care goals/needs. I have learned to provide individualized care on a daily basis to meet the needs of patients and their families and even with staff members.
TOXIC work environment
The work and patients were great. Management creates a toxic work environment and excessive work load. Sometimes work load creates unsafe working conditions however you are told that it is time management.
Come join us in the lab at BWH
Although the lab technologist job is listed as casual, our casual lab techs basically work full time! The hospital can't tell you this because they can't guarantee you any hours, But, take my word for it, you'll be working full time. We need more good lab techs,so why not come join us!
Pros
Outstanding group of people to work with
Productive and consistent expectations
I worked at BWH as an RPN student. Everyone was helpful and encouraging and consistent with my expectations of caring for their patients. Safety measures were always accessible.
Pros
Expected shifts
Cons
Great learning environment for Clinical student
Staff and preceptors were very helpful and friendly at BWH. As a clinical student they have given a lot of independency for the student to develop their skills, and a lot of flexibility. A lot of new equipment is used in the hospital which benefits students who are learning. My coordinator reached out and gave opportunity for students to participate in extracurriculars such as PALS (paediatric life support) classes when there was additional vacancies. I would definitely recommend Bluewater Health for employment opportunities and/or clinical opportunity.
Healthy work environment

Friendly employees

Strong learning hospital protocols

Welcoming

Clean and accessible parking and on-call beds
Not a very nice work environment
Co workers were very rude and made you feel incompetent and did not want to teach. The hardest part was trying to do my best and being treated badly by the workers.
Good place for students to learn and sharpen their skills
Learned so many new things as a student during all clinical sessions and loved the idea that most of the staff liked teaching students. Would be a great place to work.
Pros
Lots of learning experience.
Cons
Some staff are mean, especially to minority.
Productive workplace
While working at bluewater health I was able to learn and gain skills very quickly. Each day is something different. The most enjoyable part of the job would be taking care of the patients and seeing them get better throughout their hospital journey.
Pros
You learn a lot
Cons
Diverse busy and friendly workplace great for new grads
I really enjoyed my time at blue water health, the workplace was busy but the staff was very helpful with learning new skills. A typically day on the medical floor was fast paced which I enjoy, it provides a great learning environment. I learned a variety of skills including time management and how to handle emergency situations. A friendly work environment where everyone is willing to help. I really liked the fast paced environment at blue water health.
Amazing Co-op opportunity
Very enriching high school co-op opportunity. Witnessed many nursing and surgical procedures. Got to see the daily job description of an orthopedic nurse in ambulatory care.
The most enjoyable part of the job
- meeting new people/patients and getting to know them through short dialog.
- knowing that my job is important to the overall health of the patient

- being able to use my experience to teach new employees
Nursing student
This was a part of my clinical rotation and I loved it. the staff works well with each other and the care provided is great. The team runs smoothly and is organized.
Nursing student
I did my consolidation here and loved it. The staff are amazing and it is a great enviroment to be in. Everything is organized and the team runs smoothly.
Had a good experience here.
Good work variety in the laboratory. Friendly staff. Clean hospital with a nice layout. A typical day included collecting blood from inpatients and outpatients and processing them in the lab.
fun place to work at
Have enjoyed working here have learned a lot about my employer
love coming to work.

management were very helpful and considerate.

i learned what it meant to be part of team
Pros
great co wokers
Cons
not enough hours
Bad management
A bad manager can take a good staff & destroy it, causing the best employees to flee & the remainder to lose all motivation. Supportive leaders needed
Pros
Wages
Cons
We need supportive leaders, not bullies for managers.
Amazing people to work with
I have worked here almost 3 years, and the people that work here are definitely caring, considerate people who I look forward to working with each day.