Bluewater district

Bluewater district Employee Reviews

Canada15 reviews

Majority of the time, great place, great people

A good place to work. Liked the people, the management was always trying to improve, but it doesn't always work to the benefit of the employees. Only worked 35 hours, always more work needed to be done.

MY experience here was terrible, I would not recommend the BWDSB to anybody.if you like being treated badly this is the place for you!

A typical day consisted of loads and tons of work and when that was completed there was more work and just when you think your finished there is more work. Good luck with breaks and lunches.Way to funny.

Pros

Cons

To many to mention

Insights into Bluewater district

What people like
  • Fair pay for job
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to meet personal goals

fun place to work

I enjoy working here but have been moved several times. It takes a few weeks to get to know your way around but everyone is but is very helpful and willing to lend a hand.

Potential growth opportunities

With the right commitment and values you can be successful at what you consider passionate about. If you are looking to make a difference work with children.

Productive and Great Place to work.

The workplace culture is great! I built relationships with many students, administrators and staff members. Bluewater School Board values their employees.

No Jobs

There are no jobs in this board for High School. The supply work is not enough and not a fair system, if you aren't in the schools you won't get called.

Good benefits. Salary for support staff needs to be increased. Excellent Health and Safety Culture withing the board management and staff. Opportunities for advancement

fun work place

Great place to work, had to leave due to my husbands relocation. I would of been there till retirement if I could. They are like family and loved having me around. Then management was great.

Pros

fun

Cons

no cons

Great in most aspects

I enjoyed working with all the staff in and got along with them all this is while balancing four different Collective Agreements as I don't want to breach them. I was very successful at it never caused any issues.

Pros

Predictable start and end times

Cons

Never get any overtime to get that extra item now and then.

Unionized environment

Unionized environment. Management tries to support their employees. Fair pay for work done. Hardest part, no opportunity to advance career. Most enjoyable, great co-workers.

Great hours, benefits

I really enjoy my job, but yearly lay offs are always a threat.Job security is difficult. Hard to get in on a permanent basis. Once your in a school, the environment can be wonderful.

Pros

hours

Cons

job security

Fast pace work enviroment & professional staff

BWDSB takes health & safety & proper weekly monthly logs to heart all building maintenance is done with care and consideration. Organization & communication is a must and a good sense of ones responsibitlies is a strong asset.

love working with students and seeing them succeed

Love job cut backs are making it hard to stayNot enough permanent jobsThe main problem is the school age population is declining

Pros

great people and students.

Cons

not knowing if you will or will not work daily.

an enjoyable work place with alunch room

A typical day consist of a certain area to cleanI learn how a school must be cleaned properly.Management is very helpful.Co-workers very pleasant and easy to work with.Working around an after schoolprogram.Knowing that you did a really good job.

Pros

working in a safe enviroment.

I loved working with the children. I learned to become very organized.

I worked from 8-4, Monday to Friday. My co-worker and I worked very well as a team. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with staff and students. I love serving them. I loved teaching the children how to cook.

Pros

i got to deal with people everyday.

Cons

they have cut my hours.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bluewater district. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Bluewater district with

Learn about Bluewater district in popular locations

• Bluewater district