Bluenotes Employee Reviews

No job security but great discount
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON19 October 2018
The manager quit a week after hiring me, never once told me I was only a seasonal associate.

The team leads never let me work a cash register when I had a lot of experience as it.Training was ridiculous, I never finished my training and was always told I wasn't doing good enough.
I'd only get 3 hours of work a week if I was lucky because they used all other hours for the team leads and other employees.
When my time working there was done I had no warning to this and when I showed up for my shift I was informed then that it was my last shift IN FRONT OF THE STORE, IN FRONT OF OTHER EMPLOYEES, WITH CUSTOMERS ALL AROUND. That was so unprofessional of them and unbelievable that they would wait till the last second to say anything.
Pros
Good discount, you get to wear what you want kinda
Cons
No job security, poor hours, no management, very rude team leads
Fun Modern place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON24 September 2018
Had fun with the other staff, only issues is they amount of stock vs store size.

You could spend your whole shift folding clothing and it would be messed up within minutes.
good
Sales associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON22 September 2018
its a great job for pocket money, not many hours available tho. easy to learn and not hard. would recommend for anyone looking for a job in retail as beginners
Fun workplace
Team Leader/Manager (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON21 September 2018
Work culture is great. Staff is like family. Giving the gift of fitness to everybody because everyone deserves a fit and healthy lifestyle. Seeing members achieving their goals and having them come back and thank you for setting them up with a long-term trainer to help them get past their plateau stage.
Pros
Fun workplace
Cons
Hard to balance life outside of work
Sub par place to work.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB19 September 2018
there are so many things i could say to badmouth bluenotes, minimum wage, no benefits, no help from head office, lack of respect and communication, no company outings or events. the only thing i enjoyed were my coworkers and my relationships i built with them. other than that it was diffucult just getting through the day there. if you dont mind being a part time and folding clothes, running around being someone elses slave then this is the job for you !
Wonderful Experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB16 September 2018
Working at Bluenotes was one of my first jobs in the workforce. I gained great social skills and customer service experience from working there. My Experience was great.
Easy job with no supervision and low pay
STORE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON10 September 2018
Very hands-off company, expecting job to be done with little to no training or assistance. varying expectations and questionable priorities. Very low compensation and small bonus incentives. Communication from Head Office to store level is almost non existent, allowing management to essentially run everything on their own. Store level atmosphere is determined by Management team.
Pros
easy, laid-back work, little involvement from superiors
Cons
abysmal salary. no training. no communication
Great work environment, staff is fun, manager is awesome!
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Carbonear, NL5 September 2018
If you like retail then this would be a great job! The environment is great for younger people looking for their first jobs, or even veteran retailers looking for a permanent work place!
Pros
They have their own washroom, so you don't have to use the public one!
Cons
Pay is minimal.
Very little pay for a lot of work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ON19 August 2018
bluenotes treats employees like numbers, employees are just bodies to fill positions. wages are very low for the work/title involved. there is very little incentive to keep staff. poor morale
Pros
staff discount, vacation, benefits
Cons
poor wages
wearing many hats
Sales Associate/Cashier/Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON16 August 2018
endured in various roles at bluenotes. I embraced the challenge of becoming a team lead with very little experience. It really depends on your team-this is what makes or breaks it. Head office is stuck up though, and be prepared to fight for pennies of a raise.
Pros
discount
Cons
pay
Sexist work environment
Retail and sales (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 August 2018
Being the only male working there it was clear that there was favoritism towards the females. The females working there also would consistently talk baldy behind one another's back
Cons
Sexist manager
Okay job
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON14 August 2018
the overall position of the job was amazing but the management at that time was horrible. But the other employees made the work environment work the expierence
A fine place to work
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Sydney, NS9 August 2018
Bluenotes is a great place to work, we`re like a family. Easy to get along with everyone which makes shifts go by quick. It`s easy to get in touch with someone if i have an issue and a typical day at work is mostly positive.
Pros
New 10 minute breaks at 4 hour shifts
Cons
AC currently not running in Summer
great place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New Glasgow, NS26 July 2018
great place to work, so much fun! great team and management always there for you and great deals on clothing and incentives. always happy to go to work
Pros
incentives
Cons
No life outside of work for management
Assistant Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK24 July 2018
Being a manager at Bluenotes means constantly being "on Call" Anything that goes wrong at the store whether you're on shift or not is your responsibility. DMs are no help after business hours and minimal help during. All the paperwork, budgets, sales plans, scheduling, and customer service issues land on you. This would all be a bit better if the pay was worth it, but you do not get paid very well unless your store is making the budget.
I love learning new things
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON16 July 2018
A few things I loved about working for Bluenotes, was my team, the girls were great! They always did the task that were given to them by myself or another member of management. I also enjoyed interacting with my customers, building that relationship with each one of my customers was something special, I gained a lot of regulars that would specifically come to just my location, simply because I got to know them and took my time to ask them questions so I could understand their needs. I was also able to develop my skills as a manager, so I could assist in building a strong team and a stronger leader within myself.
Pros
Leadership skills
Great Place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON16 July 2018
I only worked as a seasonal employee, but my two months there was great, I loved every bit of it and wish I could go back! The people i worked with were amazing and management was great!
Bluenotes
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON4 July 2018
I would be stocking shelves, helping customers or cleaning up stuff that needed to be cleaned.I didn't really learn much, everything was straight forward to me. Their wasn't a hard part to my job at all. I loved helping out customers.
Pros
Loved my co- workers.
Cons
Didn't get a lot of hours.
Loved this job, very fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Victoria2 July 2018
i loved this job so much. other employees were very fun to work with, management with great, they actually allowed coloured hair, piercings and tattoos
fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 June 2018
always got free food and hands down the best place i've ever worked they made sure you would always have means of transportation only down side was they didnt give alot of hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bluenotes. Our community is ready to answer.