Bluenotes

Bluenotes Employee Reviews

Canada326 reviews
Typical clothing store workplace.
Working at Bluenotes is similar to any other clothing store. The flow of customers ranges from a completely dead store to maximum capacity. You need to be able to work quickly if the store is busy, while still giving the customer a good experience in terms of daily deals and where certain articles of clothing are.
Store managers rock, higher management sucks
The location I worked at, I loved the old manager and am friends with both the old and new store manager. However the regional and provincial management aren’t very understanding and have their workers interest at heart, they only care about the money and sales.
A typical day at work
Having to deal with customers while working on the floor. Taking care of the staff members. Greeting customers and helping them find something they need and what they are satisfied with.
Pros
Working independent
Cons
Work in a fast past
When left alone, work was fine. But upper management micromanages.
The company was rapidly was growing, and despite sales gorwing month over month, cutbacks were always requested. They spent several years trying to upgrade ecommerce systems and it was eventually rolled out poorly and with many bugs. Turnover was fairly high as jobs were too demanding with not enough back up.
While the job itself was fun, it was for very low pay.
Clothes are made poorly, companty is very disorganized. Stores are not physically set-up to be successful. Store usually had to be overflowing with product due to no backroom space.
Pros
co-workers, immediate manager
Cons
upper management
Productive, fast learning
Lots - Customer service, exchanges/returns, online orders, answering phone calls letting customers know about there orders or current promotions in the store.
its was my first
it was an experience, my location did place me in some difficult situations and require you to think on your feet, however it did teach me how to deal with a wide array of people and put some hair on my chest.
Pros
it was eye opening
Cons
the pay was horrible
Good first job, very interesting experience
People came and went very frequently making it difficult to adjust to a new workplace. Coworkers were approachable if I ever needed anything. Working with people of a similar age and mindset was very nice, as well as the dress code being very easy to comply with.
it was okay
i’m sure other people will have better experiences but my team wasn’t really a team. people didn’t work together as well as they should have so it was kind of toxic and it was stressful
Bluenotes retail assistant
Over all it was a learning experience more then for the money but if you worked full time or part time it payed almost the same. I would suggest it to the young ones only for that amount of effort.
Stressful place to work with high exceptions with minimal training
A typical shift potentially consists of a quick overview of current sales and tasks expected to be completed by end of day. Most times there is minimal communication between management and lower staff. The environment is very stressful and employees are not treated well. Although most of the job is stressful and not positive, the best parts of the job are the positive interactions with customers where you get to see the impact you've had with them and the memories and laughs had with coworkers when the shift isn't busy.
Very Pleasant
At bluenoses is was very pleasant working. Dealing with costumers and also meeting the sale goals .My colleagues were so nice and we had so much fun working there.
Not highly recommended
Overall I would not recommend working at this company to anyone I know. Poor people management at store level is often backed by senior management so long as the store manager is meeting the financial goals and expectations of the company. The company tries its best to pay the bare minimum, often for team lead or assistant manager positions as well as best as they can. Employees are not well rewarded or recognized for any great accomplishment a. I am glad I no longer work there.
Stressful, unorganized
Stressful, unorganized workplace. Management tries their best to juggle everything but there is no happy medium for Head Office. Store was too small to handle the amount of product being sent which lead to over filling shelves to upshoppable levels and falling behind in unpacking merchandise and ultimately an unsafe environment. Head office continued to cut hours but still expected everything to be completely finished before due dates. Head office is also completely unorganized when it comes to visual updates, giving tasks that take an entire day to complete, and then sending out emails to reverse it the next day. There's really NO comprehension in visual/customer balance with the amount of tasks they give.
Fun, relaxed place to work
Good overall experience, little in terms of benefits and pay but fun and a relaxing job that paid fairly for the level of difficulty of the work done.
Okay Experience
Worked there as my first job, it was okay! Friendly co workers and easy going job. However, management was very tricking to work with your schedule if there’s any issue. You’d have to figure out a solution before going to them. They sometimes were not willing to help/compromise
I loved working for blue notes! Sadly the store I was working at closed down. If you get the chance to work there take it my managers and supervisor were great.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Salary was not liveable
Terrible Workplace With Poor Communication and Head Office Management
bluenotes is a company that doesn't care about their employees. The management at head office will overwork the store level staff by sending too much stock and then reducing the hours to get it done. Meanwhile they will complain that not enough is being done at store level. Expectations from district and regional managers are unrealistic and you are expected to do the work of a store manager without getting the pay for it. The CEO of the company is rude and will yell at employees in front of other staff and customers if something is wrong. District and regional managers do not praise store manager and employees for doing a good job, but they will point out everything that is wrong with the store instead.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Head office Management
Amazing company to work for and represent!
I absolutely love this job. I would come into work happy to see all my colleagues and ready to take on the day. I learned how to handle customers who could have a not so nice attitude and how to sell clothing! I learned how to have patience and manage a cashier.
I love this job
Bluenotes at Sunridge mall is the best job I have ever worked. Despite the small amount of hours that any retail store gives their employees after the holidays Bluenotes is an amazing place to work. Great staff, friendly management who are very understanding and an organized environment. The only reason I’m looking for a second job is to have more hours. But I can not imagine myself leaving here anytime soon.
A joke
The company doesn't respect it's in store employees. Minimum wage for a load of work, most of the time its over load. Stores are given very little hours and there is not enough people to cover the floor so people are forced to run like crazy chickens and do double or triple the work for very little pay. The CEO himself doesn't listen to the concerns or complaints but instead fires those who dare to speak up or stand up for themselves. Health and safety at this company is also a huge joke.