Bluenotes Employee Reviews

unorganized
Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON19 February 2019
There is minimal communication with directives between the different levels of management. This leads to mistakes being made and having to redo things as every manager has a different directive.
Avoid if you have any sense of worth
Assistant Manager/Manager (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB30 January 2019
Bluenotes started out great, trained perfectly by people who want you to succeed. But those people ultimately got screwed over or left. People would leave here and there but as of late, the Winnipeg locations have gone downhill. Bluenotes as a whole doesn't care about their employees anymore and it shows. You have veteran employees who were there for years leave, and the best of the best leave cause they've had enough. You will be underpaid and expected to work your but off for barely anything, and report to DMs and RMs who are so incompetent that you wonder how they got to where they are. As a DM/RM you should lead by example and if their example is how to sink a ship they are definitely succeeding. If you value yourself in any way shape or form do not take a job at Bluenotes. You will thank me for it and the countless people who have quit over the past year who are doing a lot better now.
Pros
Coworkers become family, Regulars make your day
Cons
Wage, Expectations
Trendy environment
Third Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK26 January 2019
The management was great and the staff all got along and worked great together. The culture is more for teens and youth and always changing visuals to attract customers.
Productive working environment
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Prince Albert, SK16 January 2019
With over a year of working in retail as a Sales Associate, I can confidently tell you I am a successful-hard worker who strives to maintain great Customer Service. Working as a Sales Associate has not only taught me about helping and assisting the customers needs but also treating them with kindness and feeling good about myself knowing that I have made individuals feel confident during their shopping experience. With my bright personality I am likely to be approachable with positive vibes and great communication skills working in a healthy environment where I feel that I am being useful, helping. I am someone who likes to work and challenge myself to do my best and seek ways of how or what can be done better working as a Sales Associate.
Pros
friendly co-workers, great work environment.
Cons
N/a
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON6 January 2019
Even when it's a slow day, you'll always have something to do.
So you always keep busy. The staff was great and so friendly, I really felt welcomed and there is always music playing which I enjoyed.
Decent Work Environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON3 January 2019
Working environment was good, coworkers became friends but they would often not include me in conversation and show favouritism. It's an easy job if you want little to no hours and enjoy folding clothes and making sure everything is placed perfectly. Our store is very small so there wasn't many costumers to talk to. And for that, it was always a slow and boring shift. If you are looking for a fast-paced environment this isn't it.
Pros
Discount on clothes
Cons
Never any hours given
productive and fun place to work
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Brandon, MB2 January 2019
Blue-notes it a fun and exiting place to work and gain experience in retail.Its a small store with friendly staffs who are willing to teach you more than you know
Pros
free snacks
Cons
i dont get much hours
They are alright.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB17 December 2018
Little to no opportunity to develop skills as a cashier. Primacy is given to employees who have been working at the company the longest. Whilst there is absolutely nothing wrong with this, it is not very beneficial for the newest employees who require training in different fields of the job.
Pros
A nice variety of clothes to shop from
Unorganized, petty management and lack of company focus
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 December 2018
Overpriced merchandised that is always on sale, outdated computer systems with no company-mandated training programs leads to confusion. Executives change promotions on a sometimes hourly basis with no warning, sales targets are so high to ensure that management is never paid bonuses. Personally, I had a district manager that refused to solve problems herself and constantly gave the problem to someone else. Work-life balance is a joke and managers are not able to take two days off in a row. 9-10 hour days are company expectations.
Pros
decent discounts
Cons
long hours, poor management, lack of respect of staff
Staff is mistreated poor work environment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 December 2018
This company does not believe in giving raises and the salary is very poor. Management is poorly trained and doesn't care about well being of employees as I was told I wasn't allowed time off after my father in law passed away. The work life balance doesn't exist.

Want to know more about Bluenotes?

Ask a question
Great for a beginner job
Team leader (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON18 November 2018
Working with bluenites taught me responsibility at a younger age. They gave me keys to the store and I was trained to open and close the store with a team of employees.
Bluenotes is a wonderful place to work.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON15 November 2018
Being apart of the Bluenotes family for so long has truly been a blessing. The staff is so welcoming and my manager has become such a life long friend
Pros
flexibility and the amount of care. Overall, general concern for your well being. Great place.
Cons
Not much room for advancement at this location.
Helpful hints on deciding if Bluenotes is the place for you
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON10 November 2018
What can I say about bluenotes..... for a low paying retail job the company ask ALOT of you! As assistant manager you make about $14.25 that’s right folks $0.25 more then the people who work under you.

The company as a whole doesn’t know if it’s coming or going, weekly you are asked to implement visual and promotions that they will change last minute and act like it isn’t a big deal that you just wasted majority of your morning doing all that work. The upper management outside of the store isn’t to bad but most days they are as lost as the people who give them their orders.

Your day to day is driving hard with “focus on sales” but you are also giving 40 boxes of stock, visual changes for the store and marketing all that with very little hours to properly schedule staff to accommodate what needs to get done.

The company has a very high turn around and don’t like to really promote within they would rather bring someone into the company with lack luster experience all so they can pay them less
Pros
Store level coworkers
Cons
Awful awful pay
Great part time work
Sales Associate (part-time) (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL31 October 2018
Bluenotes provided me with many years of fun part time work. Management is great but always changing. Pay is low so I would not consider this a viable career
Pros
Work environment
Cons
Low pay
Efficient Workplace
Cooperative Education Student (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON31 October 2018
Learned a lot about working in a retail environment as a cooperative education student. Great for a little while but becomes repetitive overtime. The staff is great and the manager is pretty nice.
Pros
Great Staff
Cons
Repetitive
No job security but great discount
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON19 October 2018
The manager quit a week after hiring me, never once told me I was only a seasonal associate.

The team leads never let me work a cash register when I had a lot of experience as it.Training was ridiculous, I never finished my training and was always told I wasn't doing good enough.
I'd only get 3 hours of work a week if I was lucky because they used all other hours for the team leads and other employees.
When my time working there was done I had no warning to this and when I showed up for my shift I was informed then that it was my last shift IN FRONT OF THE STORE, IN FRONT OF OTHER EMPLOYEES, WITH CUSTOMERS ALL AROUND. That was so unprofessional of them and unbelievable that they would wait till the last second to say anything.
Pros
Good discount, you get to wear what you want kinda
Cons
No job security, poor hours, no management, very rude team leads
It was my first job experience there, it was quite fun there too
Clothing Associate (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK18 October 2018
I didn’t have any work experience when I started there but gained new Communication skills, stockpiling,advertising skill. I didn’t get a chance to use the cashier but it should be easy to learn right?
Pros
Gain new co working buddy’s
Cons
Not that busy
Fun Modern place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON24 September 2018
Had fun with the other staff, only issues is they amount of stock vs store size.

You could spend your whole shift folding clothing and it would be messed up within minutes.
good
Sales associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON22 September 2018
its a great job for pocket money, not many hours available tho. easy to learn and not hard. would recommend for anyone looking for a job in retail as beginners
Team Leader/Manager (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON21 September 2018
Work culture is great. Staff is like family. Giving the gift of fitness to everybody because everyone deserves a fit and healthy lifestyle. Seeing members achieving their goals and having them come back and thank you for setting them up with a long-term trainer to help them get past their plateau stage.
Pros
Fun workplace
Cons
Hard to balance life outside of work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bluenotes. Our community is ready to answer.