Bluenotes Employee Reviews

I love learning new things
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON16 July 2018
A few things I loved about working for Bluenotes, was my team, the girls were great! They always did the task that were given to them by myself or another member of management. I also enjoyed interacting with my customers, building that relationship with each one of my customers was something special, I gained a lot of regulars that would specifically come to just my location, simply because I got to know them and took my time to ask them questions so I could understand their needs. I was also able to develop my skills as a manager, so I could assist in building a strong team and a stronger leader within myself.
Pros
Leadership skills
Bluenotes
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON4 July 2018
I would be stocking shelves, helping customers or cleaning up stuff that needed to be cleaned.I didn't really learn much, everything was straight forward to me. Their wasn't a hard part to my job at all. I loved helping out customers.
Pros
Loved my co- workers.
Cons
Didn't get a lot of hours.
Loved this job, very fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Victoria2 July 2018
i loved this job so much. other employees were very fun to work with, management with great, they actually allowed coloured hair, piercings and tattoos
fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 June 2018
always got free food and hands down the best place i've ever worked they made sure you would always have means of transportation only down side was they didnt give alot of hours
Inconsistent
Third Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 June 2018
The location I worked at was a disaster due to lack of management from the store manager and the District manager.

However, the company has improved over the years.
Decent place to work for part-time job if you're in school
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON10 June 2018
A typical day at Bluenotes as part-timer includes processing stock, cleaning the store, and keeping up with putbacks.

I learned a lot about the functions of how the store is run but I had to ask to learn anything at all. I was not properly trained so much of what I know was self-taught.

Management is a joke. I was a team lead for several years and received little-to-no appreciation for all the work I've put into this company. No one on management gets the respect and appreciation they deserve. Head Office doesn't care about us as individuals, they care solely about the numbers. They give your store minimal hours and expect management to complete all marketing/promotional changes, visual, stock, putbacks, shipping, and customer service on two-man coverage.

Depending on who you work with, your coworkers may be your only sane place. It is frustrating working in a fast-paced environment when you are not given enough manpower to make things happen. Hopefully, you work with people who know their job well enough to make life a little easier. Otherwise, you're constantly being asked questions by your part-timer and it seems that no matter how many times you tell them the answer, they always forget.

Now Bluenotes was not all awful. I've definitely had my moments where I'm very grateful for my job. Before I moved locations, I would stay for an extra hour or two almost every shift to help clean or finish visual or process stock. I loved that store and I loved the people that worked there. Head Office was still awful, but there's nothing new there.

Overall, I suggest if you're
  more... looking for a simple part-time job that will give you 5-15 hours a week, this is the job for you. You don't need to know much besides how to fold clothes, put them away, work a cash register, and help customers. Just don't get sucked into management, it's never as much as you think it will be.  less
Bluenotes
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 June 2018
Overall, within the store environment everyday consisted on completing tasks such as markdowns, merchandising updates, receiving and processing deliveries, helping customers, opening fitting rooms and staying with the customer back there while trying to greet the customers up front, cleaning the store, putting out new arrivals, and completing mass amounts of paperwork. All of this is completed on single person coverage, and if you have any misses you are reprimanded by the district manager. The dm was poor at communicating and liked to blame issues on the stores and employees to cover her own self. It was often hard to get a hold of her when you needed anything and would be dishonest about those attempts to her boss. If you want to be underpaid and under appreciated this is the job for you.
Terrible place keep away
Store manager (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB27 May 2018
Basically you will be treated like a Bangladeshi employee oooover worked uuuunderpayed, head office has 0 respect for employees, they expect the impossible to be done. Working over time but not getting paid for it is the norm and expected although they will not day it as to not get in trouble from the labour board...best part is working with the people you like that's about all.
Pros
Cons
Long hours no over time pay
Great coworkers, decent in store managers, terrible regional manager
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON23 May 2018
In store managers, 90% of the time, were amazing, understanding, great people. At higher levels, they become heartless capitalist slaves. They don't do things entirely legally either. The current regional manager is an absolutely heartless woman. Doesn't care about her managers or part timers at all. I got 3 hours a week after working there for a year, and she still tried to recruit more people. If you're going to work for this company, don't stay long.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
No hours, treated extremely poorly by higher ups.
Fun job, but work environment was stressful.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC9 May 2018
• Aided customers in purchase decisions, developing customer service skills
• Maintained a clean work space, improving organizational skills
• Built relationships with the Bluenotes team, strengthening interpersonal skills
• Worked well in a time-constrained environment
A good starting job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC8 May 2018
This was my first ever serious job in high school and it was a fun, encouraging environment to foster my skills initially. Wouldn't recommend it long term as it is quite tiring.
My co-workers were fun to work with
Store Manger/Assistant Manger (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON25 April 2018
Bluenote's just was not the job for me, i found that head office didn't care about their employees. I was being worked over time and not being paid for it. Also wasn't getting reward for my hard work
it was AIGHT
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC25 March 2018
A good job to get experience. but the hours and management was horrible. Low pay and low hours is a perfect recipe for bad employees. not recommended if looking for a long term job
Pros
A job
Cons
No hours no pay
Great Job, lots of work but had its downsides.
Temporary Key Holder / Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON25 March 2018
Typical day at work included putting stock away, cleaning and organizing the entire store and helping customers.
i learned all about retail and time managment.
Being part of the Management team was great, had some encounter in certain situations but always got solved. the hardest part about my job was the daily drama . more enjoyable part was helping customers and making people happy.
Pros
Hour Lunch Break
Cons
Drama within staff
Good place to work for highschool
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC18 March 2018
Manager takes into consideration what hours you can and cannot do and is easy to talk to.
Being a part of low management is not enough pay for all that is required of you.
Good store but bad location and not many customers.
Pros
Pretty good flexibility for hours
Cons
Not enough pay for low management
good place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MB14 March 2018
Working here gave me experience with working a a professional environment. I got to work in a larger team. This job helped me improve my communications skills with greeting our customers and helping them find the perfect outfit.
Friendly and Fun
Greeter, Cashier, Stock (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 March 2018
Pros
Discount on clothes
Cons
Very busy
Friendly environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON5 March 2018
Bluenotes is a company that is fast pace and caters to customers needs. The team does its best to engage with every customer that enters the store and provide excellent service.
Upbeat and cheerful environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Sydney, NS4 March 2018
Customer service is hit and miss; never knowing if it will be a good day or bad. Me personally i do good with people and social environments so work for me is easy.
Pros
Relaxed and free
Cons
Costumer service challenges
Fun workplace
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 February 2018
Loved working in this environment. They let me do some of the technical stuff which I love because I just love software and computers. Learnt some knowledge about types of jeans any many more customer experience skills.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bluenotes. Our community is ready to answer.