Bluenotes Canada Employee Reviews

Good management, Pay-bonuses for reaching goals, Friendly staff
Part-time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB19 April 2019
The Bluenotes location I worked at was rather laid-back but all employees still has the goal to make sales by the end of the day. Bonuses were offered by the company to stores that could sell a certain minimum of products, or to stores who has enough customers sign up for texts and emails. Business was strict with no phones allowed on floor and all drinks and food were required to be kept in the back room which lowered productivity as employees were always darting back for a sip of water on a long shift. One major downside was minimum wage, which was expected as a sales associate position but managers and assistant managers did not receive much of a pay rise when promoted, just received basic insurance from the company on top of guaranteed hours. Otherwise it really depends on the location you work at, as the people who work their really make or break the atmosphere of the job, bluenotes are smaller sized stores with only 2 or 3 people working a standard shift so if you’re not comfortable with your colleagues then the shifts go by painfully slowly.
Pros
Small work force, sales bonuses
Cons
Minimum wage, harsh sales expectations from smaller stores in the district
I liked the people i worked with
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON23 October 2018
My fellow co-workers and even my managers were AMAZING. But it definitely had its cons for starters I didn't get enough hours, like in talking 10 hour shifts a week if I'm lucky most of the time id only get 1 shift... The bluenotes was in a terrible mall that didn't have enough shoppers so it closed down & they couldn't even transfer me I worked there for almost 7 months. & they couldn't transfer me to any location I could travel to by bus.... I was basically left unemployed,. That's because of management from head office. I asked for a transfer, she said shed see what she could do and ask me to write down the locations I'm looking at transferring too. but she never did that and I didn't find out till the last minute that I wasn't able to be transferred...But it was a great place to work and there was awesome store recognition. I loved working there.
Working at Bluenotes
Stock Person (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC11 July 2018
A typical day at work for me ,was getting up in the morning and getting excited to go to work and enjoying the day with my co workers as we worked. I learned how to fold and how to make the store look good by placing the stock in the correct places. I also learned how to organize the marketing which was a helpful skill while being there. The most enjoyable part about the job was that the people in the work environment were great with helping each other out, and if you ever needed help they were there for you.
a good workplace environment, poor pay
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB9 February 2018
It was a good job, god people, and usually nice to work with people. The pay was poor, the hours were unpredictable, and there was quite a lot of stress at times. It as not a well compensated job.
fun and good workplace , good retail expierence
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 February 2018
great I loved the company when I was working with them I started off as a co-op student in high school and then they hired me after the placement was over
Productive work environment
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON24 December 2016
Learn a lot of information in a short period of time and can easily move up the management chain. Do a lot more work on management team then you are paid for unfortunately
Pros
Deals on clothing and one hour lunch, and you learn a lot
Cons
Minimum wage for management
little growth opportunites
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 July 2016
My team and store manager are great and a pleasure to work with! However little opportunity to grow and develop with the company as well as unrealistic expectations set on team from upper management by not giving enough hours to run the business and not enough support from DM.
Fun, but unorganized work environment
Area Inventory Manager (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, On13 September 2014
Bluenotes is a pretty relaxed environment on an overall basis. As long as the work gets done no one seems care. However because of this, a lot of things are neglected. There isn't much emphasis on Customer Service, too much emphasis on Visual Management. Store level management is great, constantly doing whatever they can to help out associates and team members with the best of their ability. The hardest part of my job is getting Head Office to listen to and help out with my action plans. The most enjoyable part is the people you work with, everyone is friendly and enjoyable to work with making the work day that much better.
Pros
Flexible hours and work schedules
Cons
Unorganized
Productive, fast paced and positive environment.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON13 August 2013
Eight hours felt like 6. Time was not an issue when it came to customer relations.
This was my first official management position so, it was an overall learning experience.
Manager was upbeat and positive. Unfortunately though, I was not given sufficient amount of training hours for my position which caused some upset.
Hardest part of the job was sometimes just keeping up with the traffic flow.
Enjoyed all of my experience and would love to do it again!