Bluegreen Vacations Employee Reviews

Good work environment / friendly
Bilingual Benefits Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FL11 March 2018
Good benefits, excellent benefits team, employee oriented, focus on helping the community by participating in many charities.
I would recommend this company to any of my friends.
Wouldn't recommend
Vacation Sales (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FL8 March 2018
While the pay can be great if you meet your sales quota....My problem was my team manager. She once was an agent and now takes a very hands off approach to managing. In addition, far too many cliques.
Pros
Pay potential
Cons
You’re just a number
very competitive.fun and fast paste enviornment
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  3500 Depauw Blvd.28 February 2018
Bluegreen Vacations is a great place to start a career. It is easy to move up within the company as well. if you are a competitive person this is the perfect jab for you. there are lots of perks and discounts also. I was there only six months before i became the sales manager.
Pros
they have a cafe in the basement
Cons
the parking lot is so, huge be prepared to walk.
Do NOT work here
FIELD SALES REPRESENTITIVE (Former Employee) –  Ellenton, FL27 February 2018
This was THE most volatile job experience I've ever had. Horrible management, promoted from within based only on who sucked up to the district manager the most (who also happened to be the owners son). Product is a lie, you basically are selling an idea to customers for $500+. You have to argue to get your commission and you work for heartless slave-drivers. Ended in a lawsuit. Save yourself the headache and don't work here.
Pros
Decent commission structure.
Cons
Terrible and not even tolerable supervisors and managers and some departments. Benefits were OK hey was horrible
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Gatlinburg, TN24 February 2018
Terrible job and not even tolerable managers and some departments. Sales are a scam because it’s a timeshare. Guest and tourist complain all the The few benefits you have we’re OK and the pay is terrible! You were totally down to integrate it all the time! Corporate people need to clean house starting with most managers. Do not recommend anyone working for this company.
Pros
Very few. Some benefits. Great General Manager.
Cons
Degraded n lied to.
Management staff is a joke, lack of leadership
Telephone Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FL23 February 2018
Anyone can be trained for management but in a sales environment there needs to be leadership and consistency. They hire anyone that can breath, spend time and money so they can memorize company info then put them on the phone. If you never sold before you have a 10% chance on surviving there. Let lack inspiring meetings and motivational tactics to keep the momentum. Every sales floor needs it. They waste tons of $ bringing in new people but invest nothing in keeping the current staff. Compared to other timeshare companies their employees resort/ hotel discounts are never available. This is huge reason why people leave. It's a stressful environment because of the negativity the customer brings from their annoyance with choice and they reservationist from Thailand then to be transferred to a sales person to sell them a package they probably cant afford (CC declines at $99! smh). Its important to be able to getaway every 4-6months with a discount to rejuvenate your spirit. Isn't that why most are in hospitality? If they ever have availability, its maybe 2 days during the week, if that. Not a whole week for $79 as they tell you in training. Their spiffs are a joke! Usually its vending machine or fast food coupons. Other companies celebrate recognition like award ceremonies, yearly company parties, getaways, electronics, $20+ gift cards, park tickets, and timeshare sales bonus. Plus the people you talk to are extremely ghetto which makes it stressful when you cant understand them on the companies horrible phone line . Did I mention how many times they ring the bell  more... or how loud they announce 1 deal everytime? It's an over kill. Yeah, very unprofessional and no motivating perks.
Save your time and try out a better company that pays more and with hospitality benefits you'll be able to enjoy.
Pros
Nice helpful supervisors
Cons
employee resort/ hotel stay are never available, no company parties, and no motivating spiffs to keep momentum. Horrible management, underpaid supervisors
Great pay, that's about it
Vacation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN15 February 2018
If you can handle being on the phone and dealing with irate callers, the pay (hourly on top of commission) is worth it and you get really good benefits after 90 days but overall it's not a place you want to stay at.
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
Rude co-workers, stressful phone calls.
Bluegreen
Manifest Clerk (Current Employee) –  Kodak, TN13 February 2018
Bluegreen is fast paced, with a lot of customer interaction. All employees must be able to communicate with each other in order to be able to get task done quickly and efficiently throughout the day.
Excellent Company
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN12 February 2018
I worked for BlueGreen many years ago.
It was my very first telemarketing job. the staff at the time, was awesome. I would definitely work for this company again.
Great place to work for those at are driven!
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Wisconsin Dells, WI9 February 2018
Great product, great people and lots of training to help you be the best representative you can be. Can be tough at times, but it can always be one of the most rewarding careers out there!
Competitive and Fun Place to Work
In House Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Branson, MO8 February 2018
Bluegreen is a fun, competitive place to work. I have not only grown in a salesmanship role I have also made some amazing friendships along the way. The pay is fantastic too if you're good at what you do
Great Benefits - Horrible Managers
Guest Services Associate (Former Employee) –  Wisconsin Dells, WI6 February 2018
The company offers great benefits and pay. However the managers have a certain way about them. This entire place is 100% pro company not pro employee. Be warned - get in and get out fast.
Pros
Pay, Benefits
Cons
Management style
Crooked company
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Virginia3 February 2018
There is room for advancement, but nobody tells you when. After three months I was in charge of my team with promise of becoming permanent manager. Come time for the transition to come into play, I heard nothing from anybody and in cake a brand new manager. I was left in the dark about not becoming manager after being promised I would have the job. During my time in charge, the regional manager didn’t keep me up to date on anything. None of the employees in my team would follow any instructions and always had a problem with the schedule. Regional manager just pretended nothing was happening. Yeah you get paid time off, but only earn an hour per pay period(every two weeks). So it takes about a year to get enough to even use it. You can’t walk around the store. You have a specific area you have to stay in. If it isn’t the holidays, you’re out of luck because it’s slow as can be. Holidays are great. I’d bring home over $1,000 every two weeks. But in the slow seasons, it’d be about $300 a check. If you don’t make your sales, you’re fired. People are quick to report anything and everything as well. Training sucks. You basically have to learn on your own but they still expect you to “do it their way”. Oh and the whole timeshare presentation, it’s a scam. Two hours is all they tell you to say. But they keep you all day. They Harrass you into buying and if you don’t they take the gifts and you don’t get them. And if you do buy, forget about actually using the timeshare. You call to use your timeshare and they tell you “it’s all booked up” or “you don’t have enough points” every time.  more... And don’t even think about selling it. They do everything they can to make that impossible for you. All in all, it’s a crooked, sideways, lying company. Don’t work here.  less
Pros
Good benefits, discount vacations, great money during holidays
Cons
Slow if it isn’t a holiday, bad management, company lies to you, bad hours, lies lies lies.
Stressful, Lies & Bad Management
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Portage, IN31 January 2018
Everything promised in interview was a lie. The manager made it very uncomfortable & stressful. She(manager) caused drama between employees repeatedly
Cons
Manager
Not too bad
Travel Programs Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN31 January 2018
Fun environment, nice business to be in. Sometimes too relaxed and a little sloppy, kind of mom and poppish, but operating in a big business segment with a unique niche.
Good Opportunities at Blue green
Telesales (Former Employee) –  Draper, UT31 January 2018
You have a 3 month period to get adjusted. If you do not at least sell $35,000 a month volume they will fire you. They do have good the tools to help you become a good telesales agent. Very rewarding if you can sell cold call leads over the phone.
Pros
Very rewarding if you meet there expectations
Cons
Stressful if you do not meet the basic quota
Best place to work
Funding Manager (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FL29 January 2018
I loved working at Bluegreen! Bluegreen was the best career move I had ever made. I was with Bluegreen for 19 years. So much opportunity for growth and always something fun going on. Great pay and benefits.
Stressful Job
Welcome Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FL28 January 2018
I worked at the offsite welcome center in Orlando and sometimes traveled to the resort when needed. Management is terrible. The supervisor at the WC did not like to accommodate your schedule. She told me she didn't care that i was going to school because she was more worried about her schedule. There is a lot of favoritism at the job so if you gotta watch your back. There are employees who sit and do nothing all day, employees who always get morning shifts, and employees that leave with the supervisor during the shift and don't come back for hours. The job itself is pretty chill because you don't get a lot of guests coming in and you basically spend the day browsing on the computer and listening to music. sometimes, we played cards in the back with the supervisor. However, when it does get busy,its gets crazy packed and most of the times guests are complaining about tour times. You spend most of your day with customer service on the phone if you deal with an angry customer. co-workers are OK, depending on who you talk to. Job security is very low because they will start to lay off employees out of nowhere.Would i ever come back? NO. It's not worth it.
Pros
slow pace, co-workers, potlucks
Cons
poor management, no training, favoritism, no flexibility
Na
Tour Reception Agent & Sales timeshare (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FL25 January 2018
great place to work and good culture
the pay is good.
the environment is nice and the managment is fairly poor. overall good company to work for. great
Drama and lack of cummunication
NA (Former Employee) –  United States25 January 2018
During job orientation communication is preached vigorously.But there is none among management.Employees are looked down on if there is any lack of a degree.
Pros
Lots of PTO
Cons
Managment doesnt take advice at all.Resents it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bluegreen Vacations. Our community is ready to answer.