BlueCat Networks

BlueCat Networks Employee Reviews

Canada15 reviews
People and culture make this place special. BlueCat is going through a lot of changes internally however and some employees get caught in the crossfire.
Pros
Subsidized lunches
Cons
long sales cycles
Yes job experience, great environment, super nice people.

It is a DNS company which is sort of boring, but they try to make it as fun as possible, with lots of parties and stuff. They are kinda rich as a company. Sale is intense, and they are growing fast.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
hard work environment
Great culture. There is a division between those who work on the legacy platform and those who work on the new cloud platform. I enjoyed working there despite the technical challenges.
Pros
Lots of social activities
Cons
Challenging technical legacy environement
Worked as an analyst and really enjoyed my time there.
It's a very good place to work at and has a bunch of smart people working together. Good option for people looking for their first or second job.
One of my favourite places to work throughout my professional career. I would recommend working at BlueCat 100%

There is a great job work/life balance and the management is awesome to work with.
Pros
Cons
I wish they had more game selections in the caf
I got an opportunity to work with some really smart people when I was at BlueCat. The team is hardworking and passionate about the products they build.
Pros
Smart people to work with, flexible hours
Cons
lower salary range
From 2015 till 2017 it was fun working there but now 2018 it's not a recommended place to work.

New management is inexperienced, some directors take things personal, while some VPs should be changed.

Dirty politics is badly impacting the company.

It's time for a major over-haul or let the Titanic sink.
The company is lost in the world of technology. Even though they try to position themselves as a competitive company with a modern technology, the product is very outdated. They also try to position themselves as a security solutions provider, but those efforts so far had been pretty fruitless.

The culture was good at one point, but no longer. It had turned into a political swamp with self-congratulating managers that only care about looking good, and don't value their employees. There is a very high turnover of people. Someone may be here today but gone tomorrow. It's hard to keep up even with who is who...
Pros
They give you BlueCat socks as a gift.
Need to work on management and job culture. No job security and very stressful environment. the breakfast is good and some good perks also available..
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at BlueCat Networks?
Most reviews and salaries on here are fake, entered by the HR of the company.
Salaries in Bluecat are on the low end of the IT industry.

Their developers make around 65-75K while in any other equivalent job they could have made 85-95K for junior and intermediate engineers.

The job culture is as of a geriatrics hospital and there is zero vibe in the office (ok, there is a vibe of an elderly home care. I guess)

The only good thing is that the work-life balance. They never work weekends or extra hours which is great.

The office looks like a sweatshop in the far east and there are very few women in the engineering group (and most of them are not in tecky roles). To summarize, I would recommend Bluecat only if you can't find any other job or you don't look for anything challenging in this stage of your life.
Pros
Good work-life balance
Cons
Boring products, low salaries, horrible office space
Good Workplace and work culture
Flexible timings

Open door policy

Lots of Learning

Friendly Colleagues

Work from home options

Benefits are good
Rapidly growing company.
Great Kitchen and food include breakfast.

I've learned from the basic to intermediate level.

Unexpected company events. you will love it.

They take party periodically.

If you decide to aboard, Just enjoy with cats.
Pros
Nice workplace and friendly co-wokers
Cons
Not well organized so far, Cause they are rapidly growing
Everyday is an exciting day in the office, never know what to expect. It could be an easy going day and all of a sudden a high urgent issue comes up where it needs to be resolved within minutes. That is what make this job exciting.

From DHCP issues to DNS issues, all types of issues are unique and sometimes complex. It's always interesting to troubleshoot and use tools such as tcpdump and Wireshark to see what's actively happening across the network. Not to mention, seeing interesting messages in syslog's.

Management and co-workers are easy to work with and everyone get's along great. Everyone is open for ideas and ultimately work together to help make everyone's job and life easier.
Enterprise support with DDI configuration.
A good working environment with lots of new challenges to deal with.
My co-workers are very friendly and wonderful people. Everyday is just meaningful. I learned a lot and devloped a lot of skills as an Accountant and Analyst. The most enjoyable part of the job is to be involved in the analysis and decision-making of new projects . Its a challenge during quarter-end and Audit periods. Mid -Management have minimal authority, major decision making is still on top-management.
Pros
Caters breakfast and lunch on a very minimal cost.
Cons
Long hours during month-end and audit periods.