Blueberry River First Nations Employee Reviews

Its not a job, its a home.
Finance (Current Employee) –  Fort St. John, BC14 October 2017
Best managment,accountablity, reliable, current team of 2017 is an excellent team more like family from chief and council to admin, lands , health and school. Its one of the upcoming band of peace region.
Pros
Benefits, pay
Cons
Travel
Productive , fun working place
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  British Columbia30 May 2017
this place is a very quiet working environment, it can get busy sometimes and hectic, people come and go as they need too
what I learned from here is this place has taught me how to deal with people that are in angry situation it taught me how to stay calm and how to respect other people
Pros
funn place
Cons
long drives
Challenge working for your own people
Proposal Grant Writer (Former Employee) –  Blueberry Indian Reserve6 May 2014
I worked there for over 17 years and it was a challenge to work for my relatives who are so afraid of change. I loved to work with the elders and youth on community events such as pow-wows dances and potluck.
Pros
Good pay, travel and benefits
Cons
band elections that bring in new leaders every two years bring no security to your job
nepotism and disregard for the needs of the community
DIRECTOR OF HEALTH AND FAMILY SUPPORT SERVICES (Current Employee) –  Fort St John21 April 2013
nepotism has been hidden under "building local capacity". For example, there is someone with grade 11 as the Associate Health Director. It is a small outfit where the salaries are incredibly high and do not match credentials. Lateral violence is rampant and management is weak.
Pros
excessively high salaries
Cons
gossip