Blue Pine Enterprises

Working at Blue Pine Enterprises: 16 Reviews

Canada16 reviews

Good luck finding a better landscape company

The owner of this company is the best employer I have had in my life. Blue Pine offers competitive wages for the industry with plenty of opportunities for advancement. Hard working, resilient, and dedicated individuals will excel quickly in thier careers. If your looking for a place to just put in time and collect a cheque I would recommend going elsewhere. People need to understand that this is physically demanding job. That doesn't mean anyone ever expects a person to injury themselves working. What it means is after a day a labour your muscles will be tired just like a day at the gym. Your body will become conditioned to the work. It's the same as any work place with physical labour. I have not seen anyone come through in over 10 years of service that did the above mentioned characteristics and not excel. As far as anyone else well..... keep

Pros

Above average wages for the industry

Cons

Weather, Buy the good gear its worth it

Terrible company. Terrible management. Terrible

I worked here for three months that felt like an eternity. Every supervisor I was met with was hard to work with and often forced you to stay for overtime even if it wasn't wanted. Nowhere in the job description did it say mandatory overtime.

Cons

Long hours. Bad pay. Bad co-workers.

Insights into Blue Pine Enterprises

What people like
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Overall satisfaction

Best company Ive ever worked for

I had to unfortunetely leave Blue Pine, due to some injuries in my shoulders. But this has got to be, the best company in the Lower Mainland. I was fighting myself to leave, but the labour is a lot for my body. I dont say this to discourage anyone though, It was my own fault. Micro breaks and rest are important when it comes to job like this. And letting your ego get in your way.. can result in.. injuries. So I have learned from that all too well. This job has an incredible variety. When you first start at Blue Pine, you may be in softscape, or hardscape. They will more than likely switch it up for you a few times to see what fits you best. You learn something new every, single. Day! And they are VERY happy to put you in any courses that they offer, all you have to do is email HR. The entire staff at Blue Pine has done so much for me than I could have ever asked for. The workload, though it was a lot, it made it all worth it. I would reccomend this job to anyone looking for outside work, variety, and opportunties to grow. Get your machine liscenes, get on the safety comittee. Go to the christmas parties, the rafting and camping events. I am going to miss this company SO much.

Pros

Insentives! Refer someone after a few months and you get a bonus! Also, foremans get company trucks, phones. Get your machine liscenes, other certifications.

They are awful, clique, and support negitive work environments . Dangerous happenings get laughed at and creative thinking gets ridiculed.

Worked there for 2 years. Saw many unsafe activities daily. Drug use and harassment a regular. Didn't suck up so was never considered for a promotion. Huge red flag was when they weren't paying me for travelling 4 hours a day for a "temporary" work assignment that last 2 different sites and about 6 months before I couldn't take it.

Pros

Consistent work

Cons

Horrible working conditions.

Great company

As an employee, I have nothing negative to say. I work in the field and have learned something valuable almost everyday on the job. Everyone I've met, from the office to the field, has been welcoming and respectful. Even with more than 150 employees they find ways to include us all, whether it be the monthly bonus program for labourers, photo contests to win BluePine swag or the cash bonus for referring a friend to be hired. This company has impressed me through and through.

Pros

Labourer bonuses, profit sharing, competitive wages, benefits package, company discount cards, inclusion, amazing people

Cons

Any outdoor work will have the same con: weather, its unpredictable sometimes.

Awesome team to work with!

Awesome team to work with! Lots of opportunities for career advancement.Everyone is treated fairly and with the most respect. Safety of the employees is the top priority and is taken very seriously!

Pros

Team bonding events

Cons

Communication

Great Place to Work

I am newer to the industry, and Blue Pine has been excellent for safety and training. I have learned a lot from everyone that I have worked with so far at this company, and would really recommend it to younger workers straight out of high school.

Pros

good pay

Cons

very long days are a possibility

Fun people. Cheap owner, terrible communication, ask a lot and give nothing

Goodluck trying to get a raise even after you’ve been told several times. Having to beg for a raise you’ve been promised isnt a great way to keep employees around. Terrible communication, some lazy foreman, lots of gossip and negative people, and a cheap owner. No allowance for PPE or notice you’ll be laid off in the slow season. Zero recognition for good employees. But lots of great people to work with and some fun days. Would recommend this for a high school student just graduated to motivate them to go to school and get an education.

Pros

Lots of overtime opportunities

Cons

Cheap owner, no recognition, rude and lazy foreman

Fantastic Work Environment

The Ownership and Management team are great, who care for and support their employees. The company offers the challenge and growth opportunities for a rewarding experience. There is an excellent group of co-workers who create a fun, supportive and positive team environment.

Decent place to work, doesn't pay enough at entry level

Worked with really good people, in a healthy environment. Safety was top-notch. Pay was less than stellar. Management was very professional and I enjoyed my time with the company overall.

Pros

Working out doors

Cons

Working with hazardous materials

Excellent atmosphere to work in and great people!

Each day is filled with great tasks that I learn something new from. The management team are kind people and enjoyable to work for. The workplace culture is very friendly and inviting. The most enjoyable part of the job is coming to work and being able to work with great people. Nothing better than enjoying the company of your co-workers.

Pros

Great people, great work, great culture to work in.

LOVE working for Blue Pine

The CEO has an open-door policy with all employees. Your opinions are listened to and respected. Great atmosphere and a fun team! Room for advancement makes it a great company to grow with.

Pros

Annual profit sharing, bonuses, parties, medical & dental, RRSP matching

Best Landscape Construction Company Hands Down!

I have been working with Blue Pine for over 10 years now. It is a great company that encourages and rewards hard work. People who have great work ethic and are hard workers will not have a hard time being promoted and be a valued employee. The upper management is very open making it easy to talk to them if there are any concerns. The company is very large with a good mix of age and experience. There are a lot of different types of work which keeps it interesting and means your always learning and growing. Probably the best thing is that it feels more like a Career and not just a Job.

Pros

Great pay/Benefits/Lots of learning/machine operating/lots of work/free workout

Cons

Some days can be long/Weather can be lousy at times.

Good company, lots of hours

Working for blue pine was an experience to say the least. I was allowed to find my full potential. Good equipment with some fairly decent operators. Hardest part of the job was getting clear instruction from the PM's. Drama is also an annoying feature working for these guys, but its a reliable pay check with the opportunity to advance if you work your butt off.

pays good but lies will lay you off then put fired on your ROE

Some good people some shady people wouldn't suggest working here or buying there service work day easy if you know what doing but supervisors don't do anything stand on phone or bugger off

Pros

Good pay

Cons

shady

Not a very positive or collaborative environment

Poor communication from management Good co-workers Variety of jobs was good Ability to get overtime in the summer months but the job was very seasonal and not year round Hard back breaking work in the field

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Blue Pine Enterprises. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement