Blue Ocean

Blue Ocean Employee Reviews

Canada7 reviews
Great place to work at the time
Worked there in 2015. Management was super, work was good and fairly easy. Owner and pay has changed since then. No knowledge of current workplace.
the job at blueocean is very flexible and enjoyable et fun
I have learned that workplace is home and Blueocean has proved right. Working at blueocean makes you feel home, cared for and blessed.
the supervisors are friendly and the schedule allow you to make your appointments and enjoy life.
Starts of Great, horrendous follow through
I worked here at their “best project” they had a general interview. Screened grammar and then it was good I was in. I was valued and moved off phones about 3 months in, what they love to call “unilateral” moves these which equate to “specialization” without a raise or title. More work without any benefit. Truth is there is such a high amount of culpability with no addition to the pay. I worked a year and made a whole 30c more than when I began and it wasn’t gonna go up even though new hires were and are paid more than the day to day employees gross awful mean girl high school mentality too it’s not a fun or safe space to work in.
Productive and fast-paced
One can get a lot of training for free, as well as certification. But the pay scale is way below the average for the same job title in the same area. It is a good employer for short term but not long term.
Wasn't Bad
Blue ocean wasn't a bad place to work. I worked in the online grocery. It wasn't too hard. It can be stressful at times though. Employees from my point of view were treated well. Treat days were nice. They had a huge Christmas dinner which was great. The supervisors and coaches on the floor need a little work - maybe a bit more training. The only downside was that it was open till 1am.
No raises. Doesn't care for employees.
They refuse to give raises to employees unless you're a robot who doesn't make mistakes and lives at the office. Not a positive environment. They micromanage and overwhelm you. They refuse to let you leave FreshDirect for another project even if it would be better for you.
Poor management, unprofessional environment.
This job is great for you if you enjoy an unprofessional work environment that thrives on harassing other people, purposely socially isolating specific people and unfairly blaming you for their mistakes. They could care less about work ethic, hard work. Its really sad how poor the training is, causing you to not be able to do your best at the job. The only chance you will work your way up in this job is if you get in with the immature social clique.
Pros
nothing
Cons
poor management, unprofessional work attitude, negative reinforcement