Blue Ocean Contact Centers

Blue Ocean Contact Centers Employee Reviews

management and co workers were awesome. Loved my team lead and they were very helpful. Did not like someone else quit my job for me and did not like how little you get paid for so much work. You even pay for the coffee there when most offices give it for free.
I've learned a lot from the job, environment as well as the differences between the job that I was placed in. I've learned multiple skills from this job going from teamwork, task handling to facing challenges.
Wake up, go to work, sit down, get pulled over to your coach's desk because of some inane thing you had nothing to do with, waste time, log in late and the coach does nothing about it despite being the reason. Now you get written up for logging on late. The day is packed full of calls because the moron project manager moved half your team to another team and now you don't have enough people to work properly. Lose the contract for your project, be moved to a new one, rinse and repeat.
Pros
Free food on Friday, other employees suffered as you did so you made fast pals
Cons
Literally everything else
I enjoyed my time at blueocean, the work made time go by fast and for the most part all the management was awesome with only one exception. The center is always clean and the view is great out of the many windows. If I were back in halifax i would apply to work there again in a heart beat
Pros
free lunch multiple times a week, lots of different coffee creamer
Cons
some supervisors are spiteful and you will be punished for pointing out their error
Open 24/7. Not much time off available. Low pay, stressfull sedentary work environment. No sense of ownership or pride in work or workplace. Hard to advance, not much room for growth. Great while going to school as a part time job.
Blue ocean took over the call center I worked at for 7 years and shut it down within a year. Over 60 employees lost their jobs, including management. Big loss for a small town.
Must have good internet connection, quiet room to work and be able to pick up all the training in 10 days or your caned. Working from home was nice as i didnt have to worry about traffic jams, weather outdoors, or being late for work. It was nice
Call Center environment - Face paced, sitting, accepting phone calls (Inbound). Many different projects on the go, which may accommodate best fit with personal values. Incentives and benefits offered. The people you work with directly end up being a second family, this was the best part. Management was not good at following through on commitments, long drawn out processes. Senior management levels not following through with communication.
This is by far my favorite call centre to work for, great place to work. they are understanding and will work with you if you have mental health issues etc
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Blue Ocean Contact Centers?
Stressful environment, poor management and very little care for the employees health. Customers will literally be telling the employees to kill themselves and the employers will not bat an eye
A good place to improve your communication skills, nice working environment, friendly co-workers. It's not a bad start for a new grad if they could not have so many choices around
Great company to be with..everyday is a great day at Blue Ocean..the support staff are awesome and strong. I would recommend Blue Ocean to anyone interested in a contact center environment.
Blue ocean wasn't a bad place to work. I worked in the online grocery. It wasn't too hard. It can be stressful at times though. Employees from my point of view were treated well. Treat days were nice. They had a huge Christmas dinner which was great. The supervisors and coaches on the floor need a little work - maybe a bit more training. The only downside was that it was open till am.
One of the worst "generic" interviews I've had. Over-qualified for the job I was applying for and didn't get a callback. Good riddance. Stay away from call centers in general, no matter what the job, client, or hourly wage. It's a disposable job with a extremely high turnover rates and they will never "care" about you or your "needs".
Pretty good, my contract went out of business and i wasnt relocated within. i had to find a job with little notice, but the staff was amazing and benefits were great.
It may be an okay call center compared to the real bad ones, but it is far from being a good place to work at. Management is inneficient, they do not care about their employees AT ALL, I have seen some of the most disturbing things while working at this place... Dont let them fool you with their nice office and first introduction day.
Pros
Cons
Awfaul hours, Terrible management, low pay
BlueOcean was a great learning experience where one was always challenged to deal with the public and challenged to fulfill the company standards which were always very good.
Pros
not the best pay rate
Cons
No estability with working schedule
Blue Ocean is a great place to work. They treat their employees exceptionally well. Lots of pros in working for blue Ocean. The only con I guess is some of the coaches need work/ more training. But I would def recommend this place.
Pros
Hours, Treat Days, Clean/Nice Environment, Christmas Dinner & Many Other Things .. Lots of Pros
Cons
Some of the coaches need more training
Working environment friendly and good. staff friendly and a good ambiance. You can always arrange with your superior to accommodate and adjust your schedule if you have any commitment
Pros
Good people factor, flexibility
Cons
no guarantee of long term- they don't need you in off season
This place is miserable to work for. Depending on the project, you can expect to work a way too wide array of shift times, and good luck moving up in the company. The only upsides are treats and a handful of good coworkers.
Pros
Treat Day, some coworkers
Cons
Wide array of shifts, no work life balance, management
They claim to be different from other call centers but they're not, the atmosphere is depressing, management doesn't care about you unless you're not meeting some arbitrary goal.